Why do the producers ignore Shandi Palmer?

Skylover

Personally I think John is better off alone, more so that Alf ever was or Irene has been for that matter.

If I were comparing him to any character in soap it would be Pat Butcher, he’s one of those characters who connects everyone. He’s Marilyn’s ex, Surf Club Manager so reports to Alf and interacts with the owners of Salt, the Board Shop and the Gym, he’s friends with Irene, landlord to Justin at the garage, neighbour to the Paratas and Lyrik and just generally a busy body.

When I think back to John & Marilyn as a couple, they desperately needed a family to work. I wish they’d move Marilyn in with Irene as I think it would work much better than her living at Summer Bay House.

• 1 month later...

If Marilyn was to move in with Irene, would anybody (including Marilyn?) remember that she used to own the house?

The impression I get from Home and Away now is that they're happy to leave those 6 long-termers there as a sort of anchor. Then they just keep inventing new Paratas and whoever else happens to swing by. Most of those young actors are on their way to other things anyway, so they'll do a couple of years before moving on. Home and Away has changed so much, it's unrecognisable to anybody who hasn't watched for years. If you took away Alf and Marilyn and Irene and the beach and Alf's house, would anybody know what they were watching? It's a rootless short of TV show that wafts along with nice beach scenery and then someone plants a bomb.