Should Christopher Fletcher ever return to Summer Bay

3 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

And then this conversation could also be a way to address what the original Fletcher kids are up to.  Maybe we still don't know about Lyn, but Carly's kids are probably all grown up now.  We could find out if Steven ever actually married Selina, and what happened with little Pippa's treatment in America.  And then Roo could ask "And Frank?"

And then Marilyn, Alf and Irene would have known the later foster kids such as Shannon, Sophie, Jack, Sam, Liam, Tegan and Justine, so any number of them could be referenced. The latter three were during my viewing years, but I imagine to many viewers, were quite forgettable and wouldn't be worthy of an onscreen mention. Sam also lived with Marilyn and Don after Pippa left, so it's possible that Marilyn still keeps up with what he is doing. 

Reintroducing Chris Fletcher is a great idea, but unfortunately I can't see it happening. Firstly, because the show seems to run a mile from the idea of a regular LGBTI character, let alone a same sex couple as the central family unit of the show Secondly, the current producers basically ignore anything in H&A's past pre-2008ish unless it suits them (i.e. Duncan's return, Quinn Jackson to introduce Ryder etc.). 

Does anyone know what happened to Rian McLean, who played Christopher Fletcher in 2003? Coincidentally, I was googling him the other day because I was reminded of Round the Twist, and there seems to be no trace of him anywhere since the mid 2000s. 

1 hour ago, adam436 said:

And then Marilyn, Alf and Irene would have known the later foster kids such as Shannon, Sophie, Jack, Sam, Liam, Tegan and Justine, so any number of them could be referenced.

Marilyn would also have known Carly and Steven (and briefly dated Steven?), and if Steven and Selina are still together, that could mean a connection to Irene.  I'm not that bothered about Liam, Tegan and Justine, but I'd love to know about if Sam and Sandy's family grew, and would he be in touch with Alf with Bobby being Morag's daughter (and are we ever going to address Cornelia Frances' death to properly write out Morag?), could a joke be made about Sophie now being in Erinsborough?  And Shannon remains as the only LGBT+ character with an ending in a same-sex relationship.

Does anyone know what happened to Rian McLean, who played Christopher Fletcher in 2003? Coincidentally, I was googling him the other day because I was reminded of Round the Twist, and there seems to be no trace of him anywhere since the mid 2000s. 

According to this article, Rian is very difficult to find - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8745633/Round-Twist-Rian-McLean-vanished-face-earth.html

You can completely recast Chris and have a blank canvas to paint.  From the clips I saw of when Chris tried to kiss Seb, he seemed introverted and sensitive and that could be a quality to keep, but do we know much more about his personality from the 2003 episodes?  It's not like when they recast Benedict Wall as Duncan Stewart and he just felt very unlike Brendan Mckensy's Duncan.  I doubt that

Tori Morgan wouldn't have dated Brendan's Duncan.

Reintroducing Chris Fletcher is a great idea, but unfortunately I can't see it happening.

We can dream, right?

4 hours ago, c120701 said:

Wasn’t Alf godfather to Christopher? Or did I make that up?

Tom and Pippa wanted Alf and Ailsa as godparents, although as I recall, Roo went into labour (initially faking it, later for real, long story) on the day of the ceremony and Alf didn't make it there, so I'm not sure what happened in the end.

3 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

According to this article, Rian is very difficult to find - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8745633/Round-Twist-Rian-McLean-vanished-face-earth.html

You can completely recast Chris and have a blank canvas to paint.  From the clips I saw of when Chris tried to kiss Seb, he seemed introverted and sensitive and that could be a quality to keep, but do we know much more about his personality from the 2003 episodes?  It's not like when they recast Benedict Wall as Duncan Stewart and he just felt very unlike Brendan Mckensy's Duncan. 

The Rian question was more a side question. If he could be found, it sounds like he probably doesn't want a life in the public eye, so the role would definitely need to be recast. 

Christoper is about a year older than Duncan in terms of the timeline of the show, so he would probably be SORASed a bit too. Though Olivia turned out to be younger or maybe the same age as VJ, despite being born over 3 years earlier :lol:

I think Pippa was also pregnant in the late nineties too, so Christopher also has a half-sibling. From memory, this was never mentioned again and was probably just an excuse for Ian to return without Pippa at one stage, but someone else might remember more?

7 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I think Pippa was also pregnant in the late nineties too, so Christopher also has a half-sibling. From memory, this was never mentioned again and was probably just an excuse for Ian to return without Pippa at one stage, but someone else might remember more?

Pippa and Ian have an unnamed daughter born in 1999 but that's as much as we know.

As a sidenote, Shaun Wood is making a return to TV in a different discipline next week, as 'Hollywood' in Seven's new show Ultimate Tag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLWV0lWH1L9/

Christopher is about a year older than Duncan in terms of the timeline of the show, so he would probably be SORASed a bit too. Though Olivia turned out to be younger or maybe the same age as VJ, despite being born over 3 years earlier

Christopher being SORASed to keep in line with Duncan's age is very likely seeing as he was put in a group with Nick, Seb, Jade and Kirsty (who had been Duncan's peers) in 2003.  Martha MacKenzie was also SORASed to be 18 in 2005 and there's only a few weeks age gap between Christopher and Martha.

He'd likely be friends with Tori, Jasmine, etc.  Just keep him away from the River Boys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2021 at 00:37, Red Ranger 1 said:

Tom and Pippa wanted Alf and Ailsa as godparents, although as I recall, Roo went into labour (initially faking it, later for real, long story) on the day of the ceremony and Alf didn't make it there, so I'm not sure what happened in the end.

I watched this episode last week, so in the end, it was just Ailsa as a godparent at the ceremony as Alf was dragged into Roo's fake then real labour.

Archived