Should Christopher Fletcher ever return to Summer Bay

I've only seen this storyline through a few clips on YouTube because I hadn't quite started watching Home and Away full-time yet (although I do remember seeing Sally and Flynn's wedding which must have been around the same time), but there was a storyline in 2003 where Christopher Fletcher nearly kissed Seb Miller and then came out as gay.  But he was only around as a guest character for Sally and Flynn's wedding and then he disappeared again with Pippa.

On Neighbours, David Tanaka, the son of an original character (Paul Robinson, although this wasn't brought into Neighbours canon until 2016/2017), is married and a fostering storyline has been introduced for him and his husband in the past year.  And I just feel like this is a perfect storyline that Christopher Fletcher would have had, if he were in Summer Bay today, given his family's long-time experience with fostering.

And my question is what do you think of the possibility of Christopher Fletcher being reintroduced by a new actor as an adult in his 30s, maybe already with a husband and a couple of foster kids (or maybe even a biological one as well through surrogacy like they're also doing on Neighbours)?  Maybe he might have followed Sally and Steven (sort of) into teaching?  What would be the possibility of Debra Lawrance returning briefly as Pippa to remind us that the Fletchers still exist and help to re-establish Christopher as a character?

I just really want a regular gay character (and relationship) on Home and Away because the only LGBT+ character who has had a happy ending that I know of was Shannon Reed in 1997.

Haha yes. And this is my dream senerio of my long time dream to star in Home And Away.

Basically I'm Christophers husband and we bring some old skool vibes back on the bay. We become like the gay Pippa/Tom. Maybe even move in the Caravan Park house. Although I don't know where that leaves The Stewarts and Marilyn. 

Silly I know but seriously having Christopher back would be great for the LGBT+ thing and also opens the door for a lot of old skool characters to return.  

I don't know if I'd have the Stewarts and Marilyn moved out of Summer Bay House, and I'm not sure who I'd displace to have them in a familiar house.

I feel like Christopher's husband would be the Aaron Brennan of the relationship (from the 2003 episodes, Christopher seems like the quieter kind) and would totally be the one to walk Christopher to work and kiss him in public (in front of their foster kids and other students, maybe?).  I'm thinking about the episode where Tom has just shown Pippa the cradle for the first time and then there's a power cut, and then it sounds like he could be kissing or tickling Pippa in the dark or something cos she giggles.  I'd imagine his husband to be the one to do that rather than Christopher.

What job would Christopher's husband do?

How about a conversation between Christopher and Roo about him having "some big teaching boots to fill.  Maybe not Steven's teaching boots, but everyone knows that Sally was a legend around here."

And then this conversation could also be a way to address what the original Fletcher kids are up to.  Maybe we still don't know about Lyn, but Carly's kids are probably all grown up now.  We could find out if Steven ever actually married Selina, and what happened with little Pippa's treatment in America.  And then Roo could ask "And Frank?"

40 minutes ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

How about a conversation between Christopher and Roo about him having "some big teaching boots to fill.  Maybe not Steven's teaching boots, but everyone knows that Sally was a legend around here."

And then this conversation could also be a way to address what the original Fletcher kids are up to.  Maybe we still don't know about Lyn, but Carly's kids are probably all grown up now.  We could find out if Steven ever actually married Selina, and what happened with little Pippa's treatment in America.  And then Roo could ask "And Frank?"

I really like that Idea. 

Archived