Why are they giving Alf family but not Irene?

adam436

9 hours ago, adam436 said:

Maybe they whould have cast Kestie Morrasi as Finn instead of a brand new character ?

No she looks too different to Tina Thompson and Finn had a son. 

I like Jane Bishop as recast Finlay or Lisa Mcune. 

I think most of the audience care more about Alf's family History. And the Stewart Clan is the origins of this show. Their has been critisism of the character of Irene this decade. That she does not do much but make coffees. But I have really liked her fostering with Olivia. I mean I am guessing alot of the current audience memory of old school Home and Away. Ain't that deep. I mean I know myself I am reading characters in this thread. And i am like who? Lol. I know who Roo was. And Duncan was. Well the original actor who played him as a teeanger in the early 2000's. When I started watching. As for Irenes family. The producers clearly don't see a need. 

What about Irene's two grandsons Paul and Mark?? They should be 21 years old now and it would be nice if they turn up in the Bay to visit their grandmother.

Yes I know Irene gave birth to her grandson Paul whom she acted as a surrogate mother to for Finaly and Barry back in 1997 because I had watched the episode when she gave birth to him.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-26_at_6.08.17_PM.png

9 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

No she looks too different to Tina Thompson

Whereas Georgie Parker and Justine Clarke look similar? ?

4 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Irene gave birth to her grandson Paul whom she acted as a surrogate mother to for Finaly and Barry back in 1997 because I had watched the episode when she gave birth to him.

Didn't Paul get stolen from the hospital or something like that? Or am I getting mixed up with a different storyline? ?

2 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Yeah he did get stolen from the hospital by a woman named um...I think it was Anne. I just had watched bits and pieces of this storyline.

For some reason I thought it was Soul who kidnapped the baby, so maybe I am getting my wires crossed somewhere. 

About Irene grandchildren and kidnapping relevant parts taken from back to bay profile 

Fin re-entered her life with a request: She had been told she couldn’t have children and wanted Irene to be a surrogate mother for her and her boyfriend Barry. Irene agreed and they went to the States to undergo the procedure, not allowed in Australia at the time. She also took in Joey Rainbow, Saul’s son, despite initially mistrusting him, when he wanted to get an education.Then Fin visited with the news she had also fallen pregnant, but assured Irene she would bring up both babies. Irene gave birth to her grandson Paul but he was kidnapped just a few hours later by Wendy Bachelor, a woman who had lost her own baby. Irene and Fin fell out and Irene’s attempts to make a plea in the media just made her appear unsympathetic, with a sensationalist story about the surrogacy appearing in a tabloid.Saul then reappeared, showing an interest in reclaiming both Selina and Joey. When Irene challenged him, he revealed that he was the one who had Paul. Not long after, Saul was apparently killed in a fire at his commune. Wendy’s body was also found but there was no sign of Paul. Although Paul remained missing, Irene and Fin made up off screen and Irene supported her daughter when she gave birth to her other son, Mark.Some time later, Irene was contacted by a priest, Father Brian Little, who encouraged her to attend services. There, she briefly comforted a baby that a girl named Annie had brought with her and didn’t realise until afterwards that it was Paul. She returned to the church distraught to find Paul left behind, and sent him to live with Fin. 

The scene where Irene finds the baby and the end of the church aisle is one of her finest. 

I was watching the episode where Diana has to give up Olivia due to Chloe's will. I'm sorry, I know it possibly can't be helped, but there's no way that Diana would not try and have some sort of relationship with her now she is back in the bay

Archived