Why are they giving Alf family but not Irene?

adam436

Why do you think the writers have introduced so many family members in the show for Alf, but not Irene. Since 2004, the writers have introduced Ric, Martha, Roo and Ryder, and also made Colleen his half sister. He's also had returns from Morag, Duncan (with a grandson in tow) and Celia.

In the same time, Irene has had a long-lost son who was a villain and an infant grandchild. She just seems to get the "waifs and strays" like April, Bianca, Annie and Geoff, Sasha, Chris etc.

Why has a recast Nathan or Finn not returned with children? Or her nephew, Nelson?

6 hours ago, adam436 said:

Why do you think the writers have introduced so many family members in the show for Alf, but not Irene. Since 2004, the writers have introduced Ric, Martha, Roo and Ryder, and also made Colleen his half sister. He's also had returns from Morag, Duncan (with a grandson in tow) and Celia.

In the same time, Irene has had a long-lost son who was a villain and an infant grandchild. She just seems to get the "waifs and strays" like April, Bianca, Annie and Geoff, Sasha, Chris etc.

Why has a recast Nathan or Finn not returned with children? Or her nephew, Nelson?

I agree - I mentioned in another threas that she often visits Finn but we haven't seen her since she left and have never seen her kids.  I have no idea why they haven't done it.

Nathan apparently lives in Ireland with his Mrs, Grace and Damian's a full-on priest in the city by all accounts.

The Stewarts have a long standing tradition in the Bay from when Alf's Great or Great Great Grandfather sailed over from Scotland and settled there. 

It would be nice to have Fin, Barry and the kids visit. Paul (The Baby Irene carried for Fin and Barry) will most likely turn up one day. If he does I hope he uses "Gawd" almost as much as Irene lol.

As a fan, I actually think Finn or Damien are more "recastable" than Roo.

Maybe they think Irene will outstay Alf in the long-term (entirely possible, given the ages of both actors), so the writers are giving Alf as much as family as then can while he's still on the show? Who knows? 

2 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Mick and Luc?

adam436 mentioned them in the original post I think. The point is they haven't brought in any family they can do much with. Mick was only a guest and a villain and Luc was just a baby. We have had no long stay regular cast come in as a family since her children have left. I really think Fin should be recast and come in as a regular new family  (like they did for Lou with the Turner family on Neighbors.) It would just give her character more to deal with. That or the other idea I had for her is to bring in a single dad with a few kids and marry him off to Irene and build new family unit. But out of 2 I'd rather her have one of her kids and their family in the Bay.

6 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I really think Irene's sister would visited her in the past 23 years to. Would have been nice to see her during the mick saga somehow as it was her you Irene was supposed to have been protecting all those years back. Alfs siblings have come back as you say

She actually got mentioned by name during that which I applaud the continuity people.

16 hours ago, project90 said:

I really think Fin should be recast and come in as a regular new family  (like they did for Lou with the Turner family on Neighbors.) It would just give her character more to deal with.

Maybe they whould have cast Kestie Morrasi as Finn instead of a brand new character ?

Archived