Laura Vazquez Interview - Now Online!

Dan F

• Dan F featured this topic

Thanks for the interview, very much appreciated.

I'm glad she thinks Tug and Sarah should be together, I agree with that. Also interesting that she would like Sarah to foster, maybe they should do something left of field and get Sarah and Tug to do that! She sounds very proud of her character and her time on the show.

Have to say I'm extremely shocked to see that the producers decided the character should leave early. I thought she was great. I wonder if there's any truth that Roxy, Luke etc were cut early too?

1 minute ago, Edward Skylover said:

I wonder if there's any truth that Roxy, Luke etc were cut early too?

Lisa Lackey left of her own accord - she actually wanted to leave early but TPTB wanted her to finish her contract.

Thanks for the info, Dan.

I think it's such a shame that Tug and Sarah never got back together before they left, but I suppose their friendship was nice because it was so different to all the other teen romances that have been portrayed in the past.

Bring back Sarah! :D

Thanks for the interview. An interesting read.

Had Ada been cast as Sarah, there's no guarantee the producers wouldn't have decided Sarah's character had run its course come late 1994 - just as they did with Laura. If Sarah had stayed to this day, I wonder if the producers would've bothered bringing back Roo - or even Martha. Alf would already have that 'daughter' figure in the Bay... Also, would Sally and Alf have ended up getting as close? It's interesting to speculate.

But I really liked Laura as Sarah and I really like Ada as Leah so I'm happy the way things have turned out. I do wish Sarah had stayed around a bit longer as I did enjoy her character. Since she's working on set now maybe there is the chance she might return - if only for a guest stint...

Archived