Heal

Laura2015

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did find it funny, the way you mentioned that Brax was in prison for a crime he didn't do for the second time. :lol:

I'm in the UK and it doesn't look good so yes he's in jail.

Laura

I did find it funny, the way you mentioned that Brax was in prison for a crime he didn't do for the second time. :lol:

I'm in the UK and it doesn't look good so yes he's in jail.

Laura

I'm in UK too but watch Aus pace. And yes Brax's jail story is still going on It still doesn't look that good for him But It's very good for me but then again I have never really liked Brax. :lol:

Shame I thought this was a update. :)

Thanks for the comments.

Chapter Twelve

“There you go, sweetheart.”

Amelie placed the plates of chicken and chips with sweetcorn down in front of a hungry Wyatt and Tristan. Ruby was sorting out the drinks and Lola was busy putting washing out. They would all eat a bit later once the children were playing in their rooms and homework for Wyatt had been born. Amelie was pretty strict when it came to the boys’ education and that homework had to be done before they did anything else. Luckily it was something was Ruby arranged with – the boys today had come home and was already started on their homework while their dinner was being sorted.

Hearing the sound of the gate buzzer going, she frowned and hoped it wasn’t Nate. She didn’t want to deal with him and the drama he brought. She had a lovely afternoon catching up with Dani, had rung Andy and offered him the job with the gym – he had accepted and they would open in a week. It would be Tuesday until it was ready for them to move in the new equipment and it had been extended, too. That would give them two days for staff training plus Andy and herself would be interviewing the staff she had advertised for on Monday.

“Hello?” she asked into the intercom when she pressed it. She got the shock of her life when she saw it was Kyle Braxton – what did he want? He was the last person she expected to see but she wasn’t going to turn him away.

“Amelie, can you let me in?”

“Why?” she questioned him, not wanting to let just anyone inside the walls of her home.

“I want to talk to you about the restaurant.”

She frowned but Amelie admitted him in anyway, she guessed curiosity was the main reason she had admitted him. Was he looking for a job, came to mind, and it kind of did make sense if he wanted to make a relationship with Dani. He would need a job down here and she had spoken to a few people who had previously worked there; well it had come in conversation as she had interviewed the previous staff, and they had all praised him. It seemed like he was a very capable person to be a manager however there was two people she had interviewed that she knew would make good supervisors. Nevertheless if she was being truthful, yes she did want a manager to run the bar and restaurant in her absence.

Hearing the doorbell buzz, she opened the front door and admitted Kyle into her house. He looked like he had been travelling and wondered if he just flown back from Melbourne. If that was the case then why was she the first person he saw instead of it being Dani. She knew her friend had missed him in the week he had been away and it confused her.

“Kyle, come into the living room,” she told him. He followed her into the large room which gave views to the front and side of the house, but also led off to the large conservatory. “What can I do for you? Was there a problem with the payment for the restaurant?”

“No nothing like that and I’m sorry if I placed that in your mind. I actually came to see you because...well...I need a job and wondering if I could have my old job back.”

Well that was a interesting development and one she hadn’t seen coming. When she came to management she was very picky and had, in her time, had hired managers and even CEO’s as she ran her family’s businesses in New York, Sydney and London. There would be times that she would need to go back to Sydney as she was still keen to be seen and have her presence known.

“You want your job back, why?” she asked curiously.

“Amelie, can I call you, Amelie?” Kyle asked as he sighed. She nodded telling him he could but he already had when he had arrived. “I have recently been told something that I wasn’t aware of. I know your friends with Dani and I don’t think it’s fair you get that information before her. Don’t you agree?”

“If you want me to give your job back then I need a reason why. What did you plan to do when you came back? You were coming back, weren’t you? Like you say you’re dating or whatever is going on between you and Dani, you need to be here. Long distance relationships don’t always work especially with a child involved. She told me the situation surrounding Courtney’s dad.”

“I did plan to come back, Amelie, you have to believe me on that but I had a month to figure out what I was going to do but that has changed. All I want to say is that I need a job and quick.”

“And I’m meant to hire someone I’ve never seen in action?” she questioned him.

“If you speak to Alf Stewart or John Palmer they will tell you what I am like as a manager. They took over the running of the business when my brother went to jail for something he is innocent over. Please, Amelie.”

“Give me one good reason why? We open in ten days, Kyle, and I want my manager to be here for the staff training next week. I have already decided on staff and did have a firm idea on who I want to be a manager.”

“Because I won’t let you down and I promise there is a good reason why I’m here, begging for a chance.”

“Okay but if you let me down your out on your ear, Kyle.”

“Thank you.”

“I’ll text you the time and date for the first meeting but I need to meet up with you before then.”

Kyle nodded before he headed out of the door. They would be opening on a Monday 23rd November 2015 for the restaurant, the gym on the Friday beforehand, the 20th. Amelie saw Kyle out before she headed to the kitchen, hoping she hadn’t just made a mistake.

*_*_*_*

Hannah Wilson and Andy Barratt had the most gorgeous home and they had moved in the three-bedroom property six months ago. It was in a cul-de-sac and Hannah felt safe. She missed the farm they had once owned but when Evie and Oscar had decided to move in with Leah, VJ and Zac it didn’t make sense to keep it. That was now rented by Nate and Evan. They had decided it was perfect as they could use three bedrooms to be a study, a home gym and a second sitting room.

Oscar, Evie and Denny had arrived together carrying dessert of Leah’s chocolate torte. Hannah guided them into the kitchen/diner where they could smell her famous lasagne was cooking. Stomach grumbled as they sat down at the large table. Conversation began to flow about uni’s and how Hannah was going at work. Andy had been working at a gym in Yabbie Creek but was now in the process of leaving that post, but luckily he only had to give a week notice but just put holidays in.

“So we got the feeling you’ve got some news?” Evie asked, sipping her orange juice.

“You’re right we do but you’re going to have to wait until dinner.”

“Really? Oh well.”

Dinner was served soon after and soon the conversation moved onto other areas such as Andy landing the job as the gym manager at the surf club. It had burnt down two years ago and when they had rebuilt it they had done it as a four storey building. The restaurant and bar took up the top two floors, the middle was a place where you could book out for meetings and events while the bottom was the much larger gym. There had also been a purpose built ice cream/juice bar. Amelie had of course taken over all of it but right now wanted to focus on the gym, restaurant and bar.

“What’s Amelie like?” Evie asked, very much still interested in a job there. She had already been for a interview for the restaurant yesterday and was waiting to hear back. Amelie telling her it would be Monday or Tuesday as she wanted to being training on Saturday and Sunday.

“She seems like a fair boss and someone who will listen to you. She comes from the Logan family.”

“Rich family,” Oscar said.

“Yes there rich and powerful. They are one of the founding families and she’s taking on a lot,” Andy told them. “The gym will be opening first then a few days later the restaurant and bar. The building work has been done a lot faster than she thought and she’s getting the keys on Monday.”

Evie nodded and she really wanted to work at the restaurant. The interviews had taken place at Roman’s hotel but she was looking forward to seeing what she had done with the place.

“Denny, how was your trip away?” Hannah asked, keeping the conversation away from the secret she had to tell. She was really excited by it.

“Amazing, he truly spoilt me. Roman isn’t the type of guy to flash his cash, I can see that already but yes it was fab. He took me shopping, we enjoyed the spa and a few nice meals. I’m seeing him again over the weekend, he’s going to be cooking me dinner.”

“He sounds amazing, you should invite him to dinner next week,” Hannah said teasing her.

“Bit too soon for that. Now tell us what your news is?”

“Well six weeks ago we discovered something amazing. Today I had a scan, as of today I am twelve weeks pregnant and Andy’s asked me to marry him!” Hannah replied absolutely beaming.

Hugs and congratulations were given. Hannah showed off her stunning oval diamond ring but it was the smile on her face that told the biggest story – finally after two years of hell and getting strong enough she had a very bright future indeed.

Sorry there's been such a big gap between updates but I've recently gotten a new job and wanted to catch up on Once Upon A Time now it's back in the UK. Anyway here's the next chapter but I don't know when I update next.

Thanks for the comments.

Laura

Chapter Thirteen

“Kyle,” Dani squealed as she opened the front door. Courtney had gone swimming before tea at a fried chicken place in Yabbie Creek with her friends. “What you doing here?”

“I need to come and see you because I have something to tell you.”

She looked at him, confused, she had just spoken to him hours ago and he had told her then he needed to stay in Melbourne. So what had changed and so fast? She wasn’t stupid, she knew something major was going on and she knew because it was written all over his face.

“Yes I can see that from your face. Come in,” she told him, turning on her heel and heading into the kitchen where she had a cake in the oven. She loved baking. “So tell me what is it?”

Kyle sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he didn’t know how to tell her this but she needed to. If she didn’t and didn’t accept him or stand by him, then he’d return to Melbourne and set up his own restaurant. Angelo’s had been successful under his rule and he could do it again. He had the ability to spot potential, see who could and couldn’t lead people or whose food would or wouldn’t draw people to it. That’s why he knew he wouldn’t let Amelie down. She had taken a gamble on him and now it was time for him to do the same.

“The day I left Summer Bay it was because I had received some information regarding my mother.....” he said, taking a deep breath. He knew she would go mental and she had ever right to, he had lied to her in a technical term. “She died six weeks ago, Dani, in a car crash but she gave me up when I was a child. The woman I call mum was the woman who raised me from the age of ten. Her name is Felicity but my real mum is Francesca Fawcett. Yesterday I finally plucked up the courage to go and see the social worker who had rung me.”

“What? Why would you hide something like that from me, Kyle? Why weren’t you honest with me?”

“I needed time to process the information. For me Felicity was and is my mother, she’s the person who raised me and the person who believed in me the most. There is something that Francesca had been hiding from me, that she didn’t bother to tell me, I have three siblings and now social services want me to do take them. They are called Freya, Jasper and Levi and they are triplets.”

Dani stood there stunned, she didn’t know how to react but deep down inside she was fuming that he had kept something so important from her. Hiding that his mother was alive? That was huge, who did that but then again his surname was Braxton and she had been told to be careful around him, but she had ignored that and now she had been burnt and lied to. Why would he do that?

“What a minute, you’ve got triplet siblings. Are you saying you only came back to inform me of this because you needed me to accept them?”

“No of course not but I needed to tell you because Amelie has given me a job as manager of the restaurant,” he said quietly.

“She’s given you a job. Wait did you go and see her before you came and saw me?”

Kyle sighed and knew he wasn’t going to get out of this one easily; “Yes because I needed to...”

“So you decide to go and see my best friend before coming to tell me you’ve got three siblings and your mother is dead for a job. So you wanted to make sure you had a job before you came to ask me but if you didn’t....” she stopped herself because she knew where this was going and she didn’t like that. “You know what, Kyle, if Amelie had said no you would have disappeared, wouldn’t you?”

Dropping his head, he knew she was correct, he would have disappeared if Amelie hadn’t given him the job but it wasn’t for the reason he knew she was thinking about. He couldn’t bare being in the same town as her if they weren’t together. He had never felt a connection to anyone like he did to Dani, the thing he had with Phoebe wasn’t true or real love. Oh he thought it so at the time but now he knew that wasn’t true.

“Yes but because I can’t imagine being without you, Dani.”

She shook her head; “Well you’re going have to do that. Maybe you should have thought of that before you decided not to come and speak to me straight away, Kyle. I would have supported you.”

“I’m not going to live off your money, Dani, neither my siblings nor me.”

“Then we have nothing more to talk about.”

Something inside of him told him there was no point in trying to argue with her, he wasn’t going to win and she needed to calm down. He also needed to go and see Ricky and the twins. It was time he broke the news to his almost sister in law.

*_*_*_*

Dropping down onto the towel, Oscar handed Maddie the strawberry milkshakes he had been to get. They were spending the day on the beach. They had been swimming in the ocean, sharing a wonderful picnic and just enjoying being together before their time ended when he went off to uni.

“Okay you’ve been quiet all day, what’s up?” Maddie asked him as they looked out over the ocean.

“Well...okay my uni has been in contact with me and they want me to make my mind up wither or not I want to attend Sydney uni or not. You know I’ve got offered from both them and that of the Northern Districts, well I need to make a decision wither or not I want to attend.”

“And you wanted my blessing?”

“No I want to know what your plans are once you finish year twelve next year. Do you plan on doing?”

“I’m hoping to apply to Sydney but I thought we already made the decision. Oscar, I thought you had already decided to go to Sydney and I would follow you. I know with my cancer and everything things have been off but I thought....”

“So you still want me to accept Sydney?”

“Yes it’s where you’ve said you wanted to attend so you can study art,” she said quietly. It had come as a shock to her that he wanted to change his decision, one that they had made before the summer holidays. Surely he had to accept the offer before he had his accommodation etc.

“So I did....”

“Oscar, if they are pestering you know that means your accommodation isn’t sorted either, is it?”

He let out a sigh and took a sip of his own milkshake; “It’s sorted but I told the uni I was had been given another offer but I wanted to think it over.”

“And somehow, someway they decided to cancel your accommodation, that’s unusual.”

“Yes but I will ring Sydney and confirm I will be attending.”

“Good and I know it be hard but it’s the university for you.”

Deep down inside Maddie knew it was going to be hard living without Oscar, in the sense of not being able to see him whenever she wanted to but they had another ways of speaking. Also they could always visit. He had gorgeous student accommodation in one of the more pricy dorms as he had been given a scholarship – she’d never let him walk away from that. It was only a year and she could cope with that.

*_*_*_*

Closing the door of the car, Ruby walked into the direction of the diner. She had been sent on errands by Amelie who was at home with the children. Being back here in the Bay, well, it felt like home and she never ever wanted to leave again. Entering the diner, she looked round and was glad there was no Sasha because she didn’t want to deal with her today.

“Hey, Rubes, what can I get you darl,” Irene asked her as she stepped inside.

“Some of your chocolate cake please, four slices,” she replied as she took a seat opposite her.

“So how you doing?” Irene asked her as she lifted the dome over the chocolate cake. It was their speciality with white chocolate truffles going around the outside.

“I’m doing okay. Haven’t ran into Sasha yet but I’m guessing she’s leaving soon?”

“For uni? Yes she’s going to be studying journalism at Red something. She’s worked hard to get in there and I will miss her around the house.”

This was news to Ruby, the teenager who hated her also lived with one of the first people to accept her back into the community? Wow and come to think of it she hadn’t seen Sid, Indi or Dexter anywhere and Amelie was running the surf club.

“What happened to Indi and the rest of the Walkers?”

Irene sighed. She didn’t want to be the person to tell her this; “Indi left well over two years ago and now lives in Copenhagen or she did the last time I had heard from her. Dexter and April are married and living in Paris and Sid has gone to the Flying Doctors in Brogan Hill. Last I heard Indi had finally remarried and is expecting her first child while April and Dex have a three month old baby girl, Lola.”

Wow so a lot had changed in a sort space of time then. She was glad they had gotten their happy ever afters, she wondered if she’d ever get hers.

“I’m happy they have gotten good lives. What do you mean remarried for Indi, though?”

“Oh....Romeo died of skin cancer some time ago. No one told you?” Irene asked.

“No I had no idea. Is he buried around here?”

“No Romeo was cremated but Casey is buried in the cemetery.”

Ruby nodded as she was handed her cakes before she said her goodbyes and headed out of the door. Her mind drifted to Casey, her ex boyfriend who would have been her stepbrother if her mother hadn’t been killed and she had married her mother. Sadly she had been killed and therefore none of that had happened but if it had, well, then her life would have turned out very differently.

*_*_*_*

Chucking the newspaper down onto the table, Angelo Rosetta looked around the living room of the home he shared with Nicole and their three children. It had been five years since they had left the Bay and his wife was correct, their life was here in Melbourne but that didn’t mean he didn’t miss Summer Bay. He did and he was annoyed that the sale of the club hadn’t come to his attention sooner. If it had then maybe he’d be seriously thinking of trying to buy the surf club –it had so much more potential now, in his eyes anyway. The fire, while devastating, had given them an opportunity to build it into a large surf club.

Walking out of the living room, he headed across the hallway and into the study of his two storey house. Opening the door he was greeted by the smiling faces of his children; George, five, and the twins Isabelle and Molly. Sighing if he decided to go through and contact Amelie he knew there was a chance he could lose his family. Was he being selfish or was it because he really did want a better life for them all? For his children, including George who he had adopted, to grow up in the place where he had so many happy memories.

Reaching for the landline, he lifted the phone and rang the number which sat on the table. He hoped that they would pick up.

Archived