Heal

Laura2015

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaaaaay !!!! bttb’s working again……. so I can post my thoughts on the latest 2 chapters [tried to post last night about Ch 3 without luck]

Loooooove the 2 current with a classic character pairings, especially Dani/Kyle.

Sooooooo glad that Irene didn’t bite Ruby’s head off 1!!!

Thanks for the comments,

Chapter Five

Pulling up outside the hotel Denny let out a smile as she saw what Roman had been planning and she couldn’t help but think she was being spoilt. They had been driving for two hours before they had pulled into Sydney and headed for a gorgeous hotel. Roman had pulled up outside the beautiful La Aurora Hotel, her mouth just dropped open. The hotel was really expensive and especially for a fourth date.

“Wow,” she whispered as a door man opened her door and she stepped out. Roman came around to her side a few moments later smiling.

“Like?”

“Wow I...okay I wasn’t expecting anything as luxurious and grand as this,” Denny said as she smiled at him.

“I thought we could have a nice weekend away from the bay and praying eyes.”

“You mean Marilyn?”

Roman grinned; “Yes, come on.”

They walked up the steps and into the entrance of the hotel before they headed to the restaurant. Denny had to admit that right now she felt like a princess. The hotel was beautiful and the man she was with was spoiling her rotten. Roman was a wealthy man, she knew that, as he owned Sands Resort as well as a bar in Reefton Lakes and was the CEO of his family business. When his father had died, he had transferred the offices from Sydney to Summer Bay two years previously into a purpose built office complex.

Reaching the restaurant Roman gave their name before they were led through to their reserved table. Candles were flicking on the tables and soft music was being pumped through the restaurant making it romantic. A waitress appeared and handed them two menus before taking their drinks orders.

“Roman, this is amazing you didn’t need to do this,” she said as took his hand in hers.

“I wanted to treat you,” he replied. Roman had been chasing Denny for about six months now ever since she had learnt she had spilt her previous boyfriend. There had always been something there between them and she was a lovely, down to earth girl.

“Well I feel very treated,” she answered as the waiter brought their drinks over; a cosmopolitan for her and a beer for Roman. They ordered their meals; prawn cocktails for starter and then Roman ordered a steak while Denny the chicken. “What have you been up to this week?”

“Been busy sorting out the new restaurant I’m opening in Yabbie Creek and also trying to find out who has bought the Surf Club.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to go into business with her and maybe the vineyard can start supplying her,” Roman replied thinking of the large vineyard he owned just outside of Summer Bay. He had bought it eight month ago from a owner who wanted to sell up.

“I guess it would make sense. Rumour has it her name is Amelie Cullen and she’s said to be looking at local and national suppliers,” Denny said taking a sip of her wine. God it was good but she knew just how good the wine was from Roman.

“Cullen? Amelie Cullen is back?” he asked. Of course he knew who she was, she was from one of Australia’s richest families and her brother ran Cullen’s Inc. Thinking of Matthieu Cullen he knew that making any business deals with Amelie would be hard. He had served three years in prison for his crimes before coming out and finally bowing down to the pressure of working for his family.

“Yes do you know her?”

“I meet her at a few business meetings in Sydney. She’s pregnant?”

“Dani told me she has a three month old daughter and two other children. She and Dani used to be friends but can we change the subject?”

Roman nodded as their starters arrived. They spent the rest of the evening laughing, talking about their lives and Denny had to admit it was nice to have a man wining and dining her in a luxury restaurant and hotel.

“Let’s go up to the room,” Roman said as he stood up and put his hand out for her. The smile on her face never left as they walked through the bar. “Have you thought about leaving Alf’s?”

Wow where did that come from? “No I enjoy it there, why?”

“I’m thinking of opening up another business in the Bay. It be offering cruises around the bay and visiting the islands off shore. I was hoping maybe you’d like to be part of it, the chartering side of it.”

“Can I have a think about it?” she asked.

“Of course.”

Stepping into the lift Roman pressed for the penthouse. “Penthouse?”

“Yes the penthouse.”

Okay so maybe she could get used to this.

*_*_*_*

Walking into the diner Amelie looked around and liked what she saw. She knew that the old diner had been knocked down when it had become unsafe and she liked the new version. Ruby had taken Tristan and Wyatt to the beach so she had decided to come and get them some treats for them. It was a beautiful day and she needed to get out of the house.

“Amelie! So the rumour is true then, you’re back?”

“Hi Irene yes I’m back. How are you?” she asked being friendly. She had missed Irene as she was always someone you could go to, to have a good chat and advice.

“I’m good, darl, but how are you? What’s brought you back to the bay?”

“I’m good. I’ve decided to move back for the kids and also the surf club. I was living in Sydney but then the surf club came available and I chose to come back. I’m just here to get some drinks and treats for the boys, we’re spending the day at the beach. Why don’t you and Leah come around tomorrow?” she asked her. Amelie could be friends with anyone no matter what their age was and Irene had been almost like a mother to her. She adored Irene and never wanted that to stop. “But how are you?”

“I’m grand but glad to see you are back. It feels like everyone is coming back you, Ruby, Dani and Roman. Okay I’ll bring dessert if that’s okay?”

“Yes I’ll see you about eight but now can I have four slices of your fabulous chocolate cake, two bottles of diet coke and two bottles of water?” she asked.

Irene nodded and headed out to the back. Even though she was reopening the Surf club she didn’t want to take business away and knew they did events and stuff but she wouldn’t say no. Looking down at her little girl who was strapped to her chest, she saw the little girl was still soundly asleep. She had gotten lucky with her first girl, she was an absolute angel, nothing like her nightmare older brothers who loved to keep her and Rhys up.

“Here you go, darl.”

Amelie smiled and paid her bill before she headed out of the diner thinking about tomorrow night. It be a chance to show off her new home and spend some time with friends. Stepping down onto the beach, she pulled the cover back over Aurora as she spotted Ruby and the boys in the distance. She was stood talking to someone and she frowned. He was looking like something like a kayak paddle.

As she began to get closer she felt the colour beginning to drain from her face. No she was seeing things she had to be. Oh please tell me this isn’t happening, the voice within her screamed as she got closer. Yes today was about to become the worst day in her life as she reached Ruby. Her worse nightmare was coming true. Oh she wasn’t coming face to face with a man she had never wanted to see again.

Nathaniel.

Crap, she swore mentally. Flashbacks of their last meeting went through her mind. The feelings and smells of that last meeting was so vivid they left her reeling. It was crazy! Nevertheless it was like she was seeing a ghost who was managing to bring feelings she wanted to bury deep down inside her. They were all coming flooding to the surface and to make matters worse he had been talking to Ruby. She could have told him anything, was the only thing that went through her mind.

“Amelie?” he asked as felt her presence before he looked down at the baby snug against her body.

“Do you two know each other?” Ruby asked confused.

“Yes we meet when I did six months aboard in London,” Nate answered.

“That doesn’t matter and I’m sure Nate has thing’s he needs to get on with,” Amelie said trying to get rid of him.

She so didn’t need him to be here right now and she certainly didn’t need her nanny to being asking questions. It was going to be so awkward and she hadn’t prepared for it but seriously what was the likelihood that they were going to bump into each other really?

“Er yes I’ve got to get to work. I’ll see you both around,” Nate said wisely.

Watching the man walk away Amelie let out a sigh of relief before she saw the smirk on Ruby’s face. Oh the girl had enjoyed the show but she wasn’t prepared to tell a member of her staff something so personal. Her story with Nate was just that, personal, and she was going to keep it like that but in a small town like the Bay she wondered if she could manage. She hoped she could because she didn’t want to become a topic of conversation but seriously of all the places, in all of the world they have to meet in her home town?

“So what was that about?” Ruby asked as she quickly checked on the boys who were playing.

“None of your business, Ruby. I’m not in the mood now for the beach. Let’s go home.”

“But the boys are playing and they are enjoying themselves. It be a shame to leave but if you want to I can stay here,” suggested Ruby.

“And you try and go and find Nate? No.”

Sighing she unclipped Aurora from her chest and placed the little girl into her little beach tent she had bought. Checking to make sure she was okay she zipped up the breathable tent to make sure no beach creatures would get in there.

“Mammy come and help us build sandcastles,” Wyatt asked her as she nodded.

Raising she walked over and started playing with her boys knowing she only had six weeks before they both would be back to school and only three weeks until she planned to reopen the club. But as she played she couldn’t help but let her mind drift to Nate. Memories came flooding back, shaking her head she wasn’t going to go back there.

Archived