Heal

Laura2015

Pembie very interested theory but let's wait and see, maybe this chapter will give you some answers :P Thanks everyone else for the comments but not too sure about this chapter.

Chapter Six

Ever since he had left the beach Nate had been thinking about his encounter with Amelie and the baby she had strapped to her chest. He had instinct that the baby was only about three or maybe four months old but something was bothering him. Nagging him almost. Shaking his head he walked into the kitchen and turned on his coffee machine before taking his phone out. His mind slipped to a year ago when he had gone to New York to help out in a hospital for six months.

Shaking his head he wasn’t going to think back to then. He had taken the placement to get away from the Bay but the last year had been good and he had enjoyed being single. If he thought of New York then he would remember Amelie and the month long fling they had before she had left to go back Australia. She had never told him which part of Australia she was from but some research told him she was from Summer Bay. Seriously what was the likelihood they would re-meet again in the Bay, he thought to himself before a little voice whispered, a lot if she decided to come home.

Running a hand through his hair, he entered his contact list as he heard the front door of the apartment opening and his best friend Ethan walking in the door. The two had decided to rent the old Braxton house in the Bay when they came back from New York.

“Hi,” Ethan said as he walked into the kitchen and dropped his keys into the bowl.

“Hi.”

“You okay?” questioned Ethan seeing his friend seemed to be freaked out.

“Er....can you remember the blonde haired girl we met in New York?”

“Which one. There was loads.”

“The one we met on the last night before we flew home?” Nate questioned him.

“Oh yeah she sneaked out of your room before you awoken. She was cute, no gorgeous. Was her name Amelia or something?”

“Amelie. She’s here in the bay,” he told Ethan. Nate needed to talk to someone about this as it was driving him crazy. He had been thinking about it none stop since he had seen Amelie and Ruby down at the beach, he had met the younger girl earlier in the week when she came for an appointment.

“Whoo really?”

“Yes,” Nate replied. He wasn’t sure he was even going to mention this but. “I’m going to go out. I’ll see you later.”

Ethan nodded but Nate could see the confused look that was written all over his face. Oh he knew he should maybe give Ethan some more information but it didn’t feel right. Maybe he was imagining things but he had the strongest feeling that that baby was his. Why didn’t she try and contact him, find him when he knew she was millionaire. He had seen her picture in the papers but then she just seemed to disappear off the face of the earth. Walking out of the front door, he unlocked his car and drove to the diner. He didn’t know how he had gotten there but he had.

Stepping inside he saw it was quiet busy but not too busy. Out the corner of his eye he spotted Leah talking to some customers and hoped she had a few moments to talk. Although Leah worked at the school full time during the holidays she sometimes worked in the diner, too, with it still being her business. The reason for Leah working at the diner during the holidays as Chris had left the business three months prior to go and start a new career as an events planner. It had taken everyone by surprise but he was now working for a elite Sydney firm.

Leah and Nate had a great relationship and he felt he could talk to her about anything. She had been amazing when everything happened with Sophie and she always gave great advice but little did he know she was friends with Amelie.

“Hi,” he said as she walked past his table. “Are you free?”

“Er I just about to go on a break. It’s suddenly gotten so hectic here. I’ll be with you in five minutes, can I get you anything to eat?”

“What’s the special?”

“Mushroom risotto.”

“I’ll take that with a bottle of water, please.”

Leah nodded before she walked away. Taking out his phone his mind drifted back to the affair he had with her. It had been a fab month but one day she just didn’t return his calls. He didn’t know why but it was like she had disappeared off the face of the planet but now he had a inkling why. If he had his way he wouldn’t have left New York but his placement had only been for so long and the hospital needed him back.

“So what’s up?” Leah asked as she slid into the chair opposite him.

“Er.....do you know Amelie Cullen?” Nate asked but the look on Leah’s face told him everything he needed to know.

“Yes she grew up here in the Bay and I use to babysit her when she was growing up. Why do you ask?” questioned Leah wondering why Nate would be asking about Amelie.

“I....”

“Nate, come on you can’t ask if I know Amelie and then not say anything else. Why are you asking after her?” Leah asked him again.

“I think I might be the father of her baby daughter.”

*_*_*_*

“Wow!”

Denny was absolutely speechless as she stepped into the stunning penthouse suite with its’ view over the Habour Bridge and the river. Roman was certainly spoiling her and she felt like a princess. He took her hand and led her in the bedroom where there were candles and the most amazing bunch of roses she had ever seen.

“Oh there gorgeous,” she said quietly as she took the bouquet into her arm before turning to look at Roman. He had pulled his tie off and was hanging his jacket on the back of one of the chairs. The bouquet had red and white roses, calla lilies and baby’s breathe which smelt divine. “Thank you.”

Looking at him she knew that tonight she wanted to be intimate with him but maybe it was too soon? However it did feel right and she had never felt so sure of anything so soon in her life before. With Casey it had been a game of cat and mouse and then there was Chris and Ash but breaking up with him had felt right. It wasn’t like she had been looking for a relationship.

“You’re welcome. This suite has two bedrooms if you’re....”

Denny shook her head as she placed the flowers down onto the table besides her before she took his hand in hers. It felt right and although this was only their second date, it didn’t feel wrong and they had known each other since Roman had moved back to the bay. Stepping nearer to him, she watched as he brought his head down to claim her lips in a tender but passionate kiss. She moaned as she felt him pulling her closer. He smelt absolutely divine, the kiss became heavier as he lifted her up and carried her to the bed....

“How about those strawberries now?” Denny asked as she laid in Roman’s arms, enjoying the sensation of hi finger going up and down her body.

“Oh you want strawberries now do you?” he asked as she flipped over and looked into his eyes. There was champagne and the strawberries had been dipped into white and milk chocolates but there was also what she guessed was a box of chocolates, too.

“Yes and then maybe we can have a bath?”

Oh my gosh since when was she so forward? She had never been this forward but there was something like made her feel like she could be. Grinning she pushed him over before climbing on top of him as she reached for a strawberry. Her hair cascaded to one side, her eyes alight and shining as she placed the strawberry into her mouth, enjoying teasing Roman.

“You’re enjoying this aren’t you?” he questioned her as Denny nodded before grinning.

“Yes I am.”

Denny grinned as she bit another piece of knowing it was driving Roman crazy already but she wondered how long he would last. She watched as his eyes began darkening with desire. Grinning she placed the stork down and reached for another strawberry.

“Want it?” she asked seductively.

“Yes,” Roman moaned under her gaze as she lowered the strawberry to his face.

“What’s the magic word?”

Roman moaned; “Please?”

“Oh okay then but only if we spend tomorrow doing what I want to do?” she asked him.

“Yes but what if I had something planned?”

“Do you?” she asked biting into the strawberry.

“No.”

“Okay we’ll find something to do then,” she grinned before retrieving another strawberry and feeding it to him.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intriguing that sounds like Nate is the father of Amelia’s youngest child.

Liking that Nate’s best friend is named Ethan ....I’ve got a soft spot for that name.

Especially liked these passages .....

Yes she grew up here in the Bay and I use to babysit her when she was growing up. Why do you ask?” questioned Leah wondering why Nate would be asking about Amelie.

Looking at him she knew that tonight she wanted to be intimate with him but maybe it was too soon? However it did feel right and she had never felt so sure of anything so soon in her life before. With Casey it had been a game of cat and mouse and then there was Chris and Ash but breaking up with him had felt right. It wasn’t like she had been looking for a relationship.

“Yes and then maybe we can have a bath?”

Oh my gosh since when was she so forward? She had never been this forward but there was something like made her feel like she could be. Grinning she pushed him over before climbing on top of him as she reached for a strawberry. Her hair cascaded to one side, her eyes alight and shining as she placed the strawberry into her mouth, enjoying teasing Roman.

Thanks for the reviews. Not too sure about this chapter :unsure::huh:

Chapter Seven

Placing the baby monitor onto the window sill, Amelie walked over to a box that had ‘London’ written on the side of it. Lifting it down from the other boxes, she knelt down on the floor wondering wither opening this was such a good idea. She knew she needed to but she had forgotten about it almost until she had seen Nate at the beach again. He had really shaken her up to the point she felt guilty over her actions in London.

Sighing she opened the box up and took out the first item which was a photo book. They had been in London for a year and she had loved being there but moving back to Australia had been the right decision. Opening the book up she smiled as she saw the first picture, it was her and two friends she made in London: Rosie and Zara. God she missed those girls and the laughs they use to have. They had met when Amelie’s dad had transferred her to London to look after a new chain of cafes and bakeries he was opening.

Shaking her head she kept turning until she found an image which really made her smile. It was of her and Nate and it brought back memories she had long since buried. Hearing her mobile ringing, she pulled it out of her tracksuit bottoms. Hi Irene just told me about tomorrow night. Is there a dress code? Leah. Swiping to unlock the device she quickly typed a reply; Dressy. Sorry I haven’t told you myself. Looking forward to seeing you Amelie.

Stuffing the phone away she placed the photo album back into the box and headed out of the room but not before grabbing the baby monitor. Heading downstairs she heard the sound of the gate bell sounding through the house. Frowning she wondered who would be out at this time of night as it had just gone ten o’clock and she was about to go to bed herself. She wondered if she should just ignore it but when the second ringing of the gate came she reluctantly pressed the button for the intercom, she didn’t want the children woken up especially Tristan who had been a little terror in sleeping.

“Hello?” she said, thankful for the high security gates and state of the art CCTV.

“Amelie? It’s Nate, I know it’s late but can we talk?”

Frowning she wondered why he would be here. It was late and all she wanted was to go to bed not having to deal with her ex. Well he was her ex and she didn’t need the memories of London been stirred up again but she also knew that once he had something in his head he was less likely to let it go.

“I’m about to go bed, can we do this tomorrow?” she asked. Yes she was absolutely being a coward but she knew what he was coming to say.

“I rather not. Please let me in.”

She stood there and sighed before she pressed the button to unlock the side gate. Walking over to the cupboard where she had put jackets and stuff she took out one the hoodies and pulled it on. She wasn’t comfortable talking to him in her PJ top and bottom. Moments later she heard the sound of the door bell and admitted him into the house.

“Nate,” she said.

“I know, Amelie, Aurora’s mine isn’t she?” he asked her, as she felt all the colour drain from her face. **** she thought, she so didn’t want him finding out about Aurora being his.

“Yes she’s yours,” she admitted deciding not to lie.

“Why didn’t you tell me, Amelie? I had the right to know that I was a father, was going to be a father! Why did you do that?”

“Because it was the right thing to do, Nathaniel, and you made it pretty clear yourself that you didn’t want marriage or kids any time soon.”

“That’s right blame this all on me, hey? You had no right to take that decision away from me. I had the right to know I was becoming a father, Amelie. She’s what three months?”

Amelie just nodded as she watched him get angrier and angrier but getting angry wasn’t going to stop from what had happened. Sure there had been times in her pregnancy when she had wished he had been there but he hadn’t and she had gotten on with it. It was the memories that they had shared over that month in London that had gotten her through the pregnancy and coming back to the Bay. She had only been here a few days and he already knew.

“Yes she’s four months in two days,” she told him quietly.

He just went quiet and she wondered what was going through his mind, but hoped he didn’t start shouting as she didn’t want the boys or Aurora woken up. Tristan was getting up during the night and coming into her bed at the moment and that was something she didn’t want to happen.

“I don’t want my daughter growing up out of wedlock, we are getting married, Amelie.”

Her head snapped back up as she looked at him, was he being serious?

*_*_*_*

Dropping her hand into his, Denny grinned as they walked around Sydney’s Westfield shopping centre. It was coming up to dinner time and she was so hungry. They had spent the morning looking around the shops and she had treated herself to a few new items including some new underwear which she couldn’t wait to wear for Roman.

“You hungry?” he asked her as they stepped out onto the street.

“Starving! Why don’t we head back to the restaurant and spend the afternoon around the pool?”

It was too hot for even her and she had enough of shopping plus she wanted to spend some time topping up her tan. She wasn’t vain but sometimes it was good to be waited on hand and foot.

“Sounds good to me,” Roman replied as he chucked the juice smoothie he had been drinking into a nearer by bin.

Twenty minutes later they walked into their hotel suite and she dropped her bags onto the couch. Heading into the bedroom she gripped a bikini from the draw; it was white with blue spots all over it. Walking into the bathroom she quickly changed and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. Denny found Roman in the living room on the phone. By the sound of his voice he didn’t sound happy at all, she frowned and hoped there wasn’t a problem. She knew he was trying to buy some land outside of the bay to build a shopping centre. There had been some backlash but when they had found out that jobs and a major supermarket where interested in building on the site things changed.

“Problem?” she asked him as he hung up.

“Nothing for you to worry about and I’m sure Nick will have everything under control,” he told her. Nick Morton had been his dad’s right hand man but now he worked for Roman.

“Okay,” she replied. “We can go back to the bay if you want to if there is a problem.”

“No we’re here now and if there is an issue then I am sure that Nick can deal with it, it’s what I pay him for.”

Denny smiled at him but she didn’t want him staying with her in the city to make her happy, or so it wasn’t to ruin their weekend away. They headed out of the hotel room and down to the pool which was quiet apart from some tourists who had decided to spend the day at the pool. They choose some beds near the water before a waiter walked over to them. One of the pleasures of staying in a 5* hotel was that there was pool side waiters.

“Afternoon, my name is Pierre and I’ll be your waiter for today. Can I get you anything?”

“Can I have a copy of the bar menu please?” Denny asked as the waiter smiled before opening the book he was holding and handing them two copies. “Thanks can I have a white wine, small glass, please and some time to read the menu?”

“Sure and for you sir?” Pierre asked.

“Beer.”

“Okay I’ll be back in five minutes to take your food orders and deliver your drinks.”

Denny smiled at him before she started looking at the menu. When Pierre returned a short time later she ordered a piri piri chicken breasts while Roman went for the chicken burger.

“Roman is everything okay?” she asked him sensing that he was distance.

“Yes....okay I’m worried about the development. We’re having a lot of investors wanting to take unit spaces but we’ve got to be careful who we choose plus there are whispers that Amelie Cullen would be a willing to invest...”

“And that would be a bad thing?” she asked him, taking a sip of her delicious wine.

“It’s only a rumour but no but....Amelie backing would make our life a lot easier as she’s part of the founding families. I don’t think it will happen though as she’s bought the surf club. It seems everything right now is about her.”

“But you want to arrange a meeting with her to sell your wines.”

“That’s true but oh I don’t know but maybe....let’s see.”

Denny nodded and she just hoped that Roman made the right choice.

Ok so when I read the chapter before this one yesterday, I did think that Nate's mate Ethan was going to turn out to be Aurora's dad. :D Cool twist with Nate wanting to force marriage on Amelie.

As for Roman I think his going to end up playing very dirty to make sure that all his business deals go the way that he wants them too.

Archived