Fisher family reunion

Guest sindikatas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I would also like to see Don make a return even if it's only for a brief moment. He does have connections to the Bay with the most obvious one being Alf and Roo and of course Marilyn who he was married to in the late 1990s.

However I think you're making too many assumptions on what Norman thinks of the show currently without any evidence to support this view. Your view of the show may be overly negative which you're entitled to have, but don't assume that others think the same as you as well such as old cast members like Norman who are no longer on the show today.

To Sindikatas, thanks for the link of the article! Nice reunion between the four former cast members and good to see that all of them are looking well at the present time especially Norman Coburn who looks great at the age of 77.

Don Fisher was always one of my favourite iconic characters. I would love to see him return. I do think his persona as Principal would still work well in today's show.

However I do agree with Jezz that you are going too far in attempting to recruit him or any other past cast members to your relentless campaign of negativity about the current show.

Yes it's getting a tad tiresome that every single time someone mentions Don Fisher, you immediately jump on and make unfounded assumptions about Norman not wanting to return/his probable hate of the show and bring the discussion down. As I've mentioned several times, he's happily (semi)retired in Tasmania now. Don is one of my favourite characters, and I too was not a fan of his 2007 return, but just for once it'd be nice to celebrate his character without resorting to yet more discussions about the state of the current show.

But anyway, back on to the positives, it's a fantastic pic (there's another couple + interviews in the printed article) and thanks for posting the online version.

However I think you're making too many assumptions on what Norman thinks of the show currently without any evidence to support this view. Your view of the show may be overly negative which you're entitled to have, but don't assume that others think the same as you as well such as old cast members like Norman who are no longer on the show today.

I take issue with this. I am entitled to make an assumption. I never said that Norman does not like or is not a fan of the Home and Away of today. I have a personal feeling that he is not as he's not appeared on the show for 7 years. That's my opinion and mine only. I could be completely wrong and that's fine. I don't pretend to know Norman or any of his personal opinions.

I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions as they are mine and mine only.

I take issue with this. I am entitled to make an assumption. I never said that Norman does not like or is not a fan of the Home and Away of today. I have a personal feeling that he is not as he's not appeared on the show for 7 years. That's my opinion and mine only. I could be completely wrong and that's fine. I don't pretend to know Norman or any of his personal opinions.

I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions as they are mine and mine only.

Your opinions about the show from a personal view is fine as that is yours and yours only, but as John and Dan have reiterated earlier you shouldn't assume that Norman has the same view on the show as you do just because he's a character remembered by so many during the Early Years and a few years after the 21st century.

Hypothetically if Norman came out one day and criticised the show through the media then that is fact and your entitled to use that as evidence in your overall argument about the show being poor from your perspective but until then anything related to Norman's views on the current show is purely based on your own theories and assertions and not his, because I could easily come out and say that he loves the current format of the show even I have no evidence to back up this assertion either.

Anyway, Don is one of my favourite characters ever and if he did return I would be delighted with his return as someone who appreciates the Early Years of the show as well. Also it's great to see that Norman appears to be in good health as seen by the image on the New Idea article.

I would love to see Fisher again.

I imagine Norman Coburn is not a fan of the current format of Home and Away.

On what basis do you "imagine" that Norman is not a fan of the current show format when by your own admission you don't know him.

I would love to see Fisher again.

I imagine Norman Coburn is not a fan of the current format of Home and Away.

On what basis do you "imagine" that Norman is not a fan of the current show format when by your own admission you don't know him.

Because he hasn't appeared in over 7 years. When he originally departed in 2003, Norman made several returns including a string of episodes in 2004, two episodes in 2005 and a guest stint in 2007. I just find it odd that he was happy to return after he left yet after 2007 he has never returned and has hardly been mentioned since. I could be way off but since H&A took on a new direction I have the impression that Norman doesn't wish to return.

Archived