Fisher family reunion

Guest sindikatas

Maybe Norman feels like he couldn't cope with the the pressure of the filming schedule. I imagine that being in something like a soap is quite an high demanding stressful job, learning scripts and that. Norman may not even normally watch the show. I doubt every actor watches all the shows that they have had a role in.

Most likely he's just enjoying he's retirement.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This photograph looks amazing, and Nicolle Dickson looks like she hasn't aged at all. Ryan Clark looks like a handsome man (he just looked like your average teenaged heartthrob when he was on Home and Away). Norman Coburn seems well as well.

My question lies with the cover of the magazine ... what is "Bec's Bombshell News"???

It really is a great photo... quite sad in a way... makes me think of what the show could be like today if these characters hadn't left! I wonder what brought this on and why these characters were chosen?

But yes, a nice little article, nice that they all still get on so well. Would be great to see the full version.

Because he hasn't appeared in over 7 years. When he originally departed in 2003, Norman made several returns including a string of episodes in 2004, two episodes in 2005 and a guest stint in 2007. I just find it odd that he was happy to return after he left yet after 2007 he has never returned and has hardly been mentioned since. I could be way off but since H&A took on a new direction I have the impression that Norman doesn't wish to return.

There are dozens of characters who haven't appeared again in that time. There are actors who have been absent from the show a lot longer, who still shower praise on the show (Laura Vasquez and Dannii Minogue are the most recent examples). That Dannii hasn't appeared on the show for like 24 years, despite still having strong ties on the current show, doesn't mean anything negative, just that she has done other things since. Actors who leave are under no obligation to keep coming back periodically. That Norman returned at all after 2003 is a 'treat'.

What a great picture though and so relevant considering that family set-up is exactly how it is in the early years right now. I would love a larger version... which would probably find it's way to being my desktop background, aha.

I would love to see Fisher again.

I imagine Norman Coburn is not a fan of the current format of Home and Away.

On what basis do you "imagine" that Norman is not a fan of the current show format when by your own admission you don't know him.

Because he hasn't appeared in over 7 years. When he originally departed in 2003, Norman made several returns including a string of episodes in 2004, two episodes in 2005 and a guest stint in 2007. I just find it odd that he was happy to return after he left yet after 2007 he has never returned and has hardly been mentioned since. I could be way off but since H&A took on a new direction I have the impression that Norman doesn't wish to return.

I think it's a lot more likely that he simply hasn't been asked to come back by any of the producers since 2007.

Thanks for the article, it's so nice to see them all together like that. I agree, Beau - it also makes me think about what the show could have been.

I always weigh out the positives and negatives of the current show. I dont like the harsh music and plot driven stories but at the same time H&A can be very witty, funny and you can go for several episodes without any big drama. Neighbours also uses harsh music at times so both can be as bad as each other at times but also as good as each other.

I dont know what Norman Coburn thinks of the current style of the show. But I's welcome a return. In the pic in the link he is still quite fit looking at 77 and some actors are older than him, quite a bit older like June Brown in EE and Freddie Jones in Emmerdale, both 87. Norman could return for a few episodes. Some 77 year olds have the agility of a 55 year old. That is probably why Don is 8 years younger as Norman looks younger than 77.

Whatever Norman thinks of the current show it's pleasing to know that he is still very fond of it. I never thought the day would come when I'll see them all together. I also can't help thinking that Nicolle Dickson would be happy to return based on that not only she's in this photo but has been in photos last year with Sally as well as with Sophie and Pippa. But then again she might be happy with the way things have turned out and is also just very fond of the time on the show.

^I do wonder whether Nicole would have returned had Bobby not been killed off. They could have allowed her time off to do what she wanted for a few years and then come back - like Marilyn. I wonder what sort of storylines they would have given her if she was still around during the late 90's, 00's and even now.

I don't think she would have returned on any long-term basis, she said at the time that she was absolutely determined to leave H&A for good, as she could easily see herself staying on and spending her whole life there. She was offered roles on some of the other soaps, but she didn't want to go back to another full time role (though said she'd be happy to do guest roles).

It does make you wonder what would have happened if she'd stayed on though.

Here's the other pic:

fisherreunion_zpsdae073d8.jpg

Archived