Sally and the money

Guest ter06

But it's not realistic in the slightest.

In the good old days of realism, no character in Summer Bay could impulsively hand out $80,000. Summer Bay is supposed to be a community of fairly working class people who make a good enough living but don't have money to throw around. It was ridiculous that Brax, (a man with a small and struggling business) could afford to give Sally such a huge amount of money. But the writers are counting on the audience to not pick up on glaringly obvious plot holes - they take the fans for mugs sometimes.

And, no, I'm not calling anyone on here a mug. Absolutely my own opinion. :)

Do you remember when Ricky gave 300.000 to Darcy from Brax? If he cold give that much he sure as heck can spare a few 80 grand

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually $100,000 that Ricky transferred so yeah, it does suggest that Brax routinely has sums of money that large hanging around that he wouldn't notice was gone.

No surprise considering he owns a successful restaurant. He probably have more than one million dollar

I think it is a bit naive to say H&A was once a realistic show. It may have been a bit more realistic in the 1980s and early 1990s but I dont think it was greatly realistic. I tend to have an opinion that the past can be sometimes sene through rose tinted specs. H&A was certainly more warmer and character driven 20 years ago. At times it felt like real life drama but I use the word felt like.

But it does seem daft Brax handing out money to someone he barely knows.

I think it is a bit naive to say H&A was once a realistic show. It may have been a bit more realistic in the 1980s and early 1990s but I dont think it was greatly realistic. I tend to have an opinion that the past can be sometimes sene through rose tinted specs. H&A was certainly more warmer and character driven 20 years ago. At times it felt like real life drama but I use the word felt like.

I think the show became un realistic the day they introduced god to the show (That black guy who supposedly was god and saved Colleen after she fell down the mouintan and Rhy invited him to tea) and having Alf see the future which was also guided by no other than god himself. That was just ridiculous

I never meant that Home and Away was supposed to represent real life to exacting standards.

The Alf brain tumour story line is one of H&A's most memorable stories. To brand it "ridiculous" is not really called for I think. People have been known to have near-death experiences in the real world you know!

I think the show became un realistic the day they introduced god to the show (That black guy who supposedly was god and saved Colleen after she fell down the mouintan and Rhy invited him to tea) and having Alf see the future which was also guided by no other than god himself. That was just ridiculous

Whilst it was never explained who he was and it's open to interpretation, he was certainly NEVER supposed to be 'God'. And it wasn't him who guided Alf around, Ailsa did that - he was just the form that Alf took when he wanted to interact with those around him. It was a one-off award winning episode and certainly wasn't the first time that the show had dealt with 'supernatural' stuff.

But can we let that be the end of that discussion, as yet again you are taking a thread off topic - please only discuss things that are relevant to the thread you are posting in. Otherwise it goes off on all sorts of tangents and becomes very frustrating for others.

I never meant that Home and Away was supposed to represent real life to exacting standards.

The Alf brain tumour story line is one of H&A's most memorable stories. To brand it "ridiculous" is not really called for I think. People have been known to have near-death experiences in the real world you know!

I doubt people have been able to see how their death will affect people in the future before

Whilst it was never explained who he was and it's open to interpretation, he was certainly NEVER supposed to be 'God'. And it wasn't him who guided Alf around, Ailsa did that - he was just the form that Alf took when he wanted to interact with those around him. It was a one-off award winning episode and certainly wasn't the first time that the show had dealt with 'supernatural' stuff.

But can we let that be the end of that discussion, as yet again you are taking a thread off topic - please only discuss things that are relevant to the thread you are posting in. Otherwise it goes off on all sorts of tangents and becomes very frustrating for others.

I think it was suppose to be god, everything led people to think that. We never knew who or what his name was, and he was just there when Colleen fell down, does anyone know the actor of the man that played him? But i will end this discussion now to and let it go on topic again and eventually continue this in it´ s own thread

Archived