Sally and the money

Guest ter06

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the end of Sally´s storyline and the last scene on the beach where they leave, i loved Sally´s comeback and the storyline, i really hope she does come back. I wanna know if Pippa gets well

The thing is, nobody ever really mentions money or money problems on Home and Away. Summer Bay is an ideal middle class haven we are led to believe where in reality most of them work in pretty normal jobs yet afford lovely houses on the coast. It's seems pretty unrealistic especially in this day and age.

This problem started because Summer Bay is supposed to be a bit of a daggy, run down, hicksville type of town, which just happens to be on the coast. Over the years they have let go of this idea and made it look too attractive and expensive, hence the contrast of "normal" people working normal jobs, living in what is now presented as a beautiful idylic seaside resort.

Don't get me started on Sally's return, I thought the whole thing was awful, not just the issue you have highlighted, so I won't go there.

Why are you watching the show if you think it has died?

I just watched the end of Sally´s storyline and the last scene on the beach where they leave, i loved Sally´s comeback and the storyline, i really hope she does come back. I wanna know if Pippa gets well

The thing is, nobody ever really mentions money or money problems on Home and Away. Summer Bay is an ideal middle class haven we are led to believe where in reality most of them work in pretty normal jobs yet afford lovely houses on the coast. It's seems pretty unrealistic especially in this day and age.

This problem started because Summer Bay is supposed to be a bit of a daggy, run down, hicksville type of town, which just happens to be on the coast. Over the years they have let go of this idea and made it look too attractive and expensive, hence the contrast of "normal" people working normal jobs, living in what is now presented as a beautiful idylic seaside resort.

Don't get me started on Sally's return, I thought the whole thing was awful, not just the issue you have highlighted, so I won't go there.

Beau_t isn't watching the current show, only tunes when certain characters return in hope that maybe they will be written properly. I haven't seen much of adult Sally in her original stint, but from what I've seen last year, she's very different to when she was a child or a teenager,

Beau_t isn't watching the current show, only tunes when certain characters return in hope that maybe they will be written properly. I haven't seen much of adult Sally in her original stint, but from what I've seen last year, she's very different to when she was a child or a teenager,

So you haven´t watched the show since she was a teenager? Why are people that don´t watch the show anymore here discussing the future off the show? Isn´t it boring when they don´t know any of the current characters?

Nvm saw that you are a 94 model so unless you were watching the show as a 1 year old Sally was grown up in the show by the time you started watching, am I right?

I don't think she was that out of character in her return. She was portrayed like this from 2004 and onwards.

I also saw the last of Sally today too, I'm from Norway just like Jacklost. And I have mixed feelings about her return. It did offer a lot of good scenes with old and newer characters, and I really liked that.

But I wonder if the viewers do expect too much. Because I saw the speculation about her return in the spoiler section and everyone seem to expect something really big since she was returning.

And then I am asking why? Why couldn't she just have come back to visit her old friends and also give Pippa some memories from the place Sally grew up.. I think that would have been good enough. And this reason for her return was just made by the writers too satisfy the viewers.

I liked Sally's scenes with Alf and with the others in the first episodes of her return. There were a lot of promising scenes with Sally and Pippa with Darcy, and at school, and with Alf and the others. I would have liked it to continue this way. But after it was revealed about Pippas condition everything became about money and it became stale..

We could still have got emotional scenes with Alf and Sally without Pippa being sick. Just remembering how things once were, could have been enough.

And the money thing... It could have been done better, why couldn't Alf have got a loan? Yes he isn't young anymore, but he has the caravan park, and if he wasn't able to pay it back the bank could have taken the park instead. It is often done this way here in Norway, you don't have to be young. It is actually far easier if you are older and have some property to get a loan.

And the whole community could have raised money by arranging events.

I found it more unrealistic that Brax gave her the money, because just months earlier he was broke and the restaurant had financial problems. So where did the money come from? The disappearing drug farm???

The only reason Brax gave Sally the huge amount of money she required was because the writers want to constantly make Brax the good guy and hero. Realism went straight out the window.

IMO, anyway!

Why so negative, shouldn´t we be happy Sally got the money to threadt Pippa? Who cares if Brax gave the money, and it didn´t make him some hero because Alf was the only one that knew. if Brax didn´t give the money Pippa wouldn´t have a chance

beau_t stopped watching fairly recently I think. Why are you saying he stopped being a viewer as a teenager?

I said when Sally was a teenager not the user..

But it's not realistic in the slightest.

In the good old days of realism, no character in Summer Bay could impulsively hand out $80,000. Summer Bay is supposed to be a community of fairly working class people who make a good enough living but don't have money to throw around. It was ridiculous that Brax, (a man with a small and struggling business) could afford to give Sally such a huge amount of money. But the writers are counting on the audience to not pick up on glaringly obvious plot holes - they take the fans for mugs sometimes.

And, no, I'm not calling anyone on here a mug. Absolutely my own opinion. :)

Archived