Looking at what longstanding characters we have left

Guest gutterboy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's absolutely shocking that Irene and Alf, who have rich histories and so much life experience, are no longer explored as characters and none of their family have been introduced or appeared for a very long time.

I don't really see them as central characters in the show anymore. They're treated more like 'deadwood' and the only reason the producer hasn't got rid of them is because of their history (that's what it seems like/how they are treated).

But when it comes down to it really they are so redundant and don't really have a place in the current show. That's not my opinion (I think they could add a lot if they were written differently) - that's how the producer seems to handling the characters.

It's absolutely shocking that Irene and Alf, who have rich histories and so much life experience, are no longer explored as characters and none of their family have been introduced or appeared for a very long time.

I don't really see them as central characters in the show anymore. They're treated more like 'deadwood' and the only reason the producer hasn't got rid of them is because of their history (that's what it seems like/how they are treated).

But when it comes down to it really they are so redundant and don't really have a place in the current show. That's not my opinion (I think they could add a lot if they were written differently) - that's how the producer seems to handling the characters.

Pretty much. I think the last big storyline Irene had was when she didn't wanna leave the house - am I wrong!?

Pretty much. I think the last big storyline Irene had was when she didn't wanna leave the house - am I wrong!?

I believe so. I haven't watched regularly for a while so I'm not totally sure. I remember there was a hint of a storyline for Irene when she felt she was being overworked in the Diner and she came home to an empty house late at night and seemed fed up with everything. We all know what happened with that. Nothing!

I do agree to a degree.

But what I find more shocking is that some new characters get a lot of storylines, while some come in with a great potential and then the writers suddenly think they aren't cool enough (or the actors aren't), so they put them on the sideline with no proper storylines for a few years until they eventually leaves.

Liam was a great example of this, such a great backstory was created for him, and then he was suddenly uninteresting for the writers and his only purpose was to be a non existent character.. like someone who wasn't important at all.

Chris had so much potential when he came in, and they are doing the same with him. His only purpose is to throw in some silly lines here and there.

Natalie, Tamara and other Braxton "fangirls" have also been just there to support the Braxtons and nothing else.

Elijah was dropped after several attempts to make him and Leah worked, there were a lot of other things he could do. But at least he got the Leah storyline.

At least the long stay characters have had their time with a plenty of character development and exciting storylines.

I do agree to a degree.

But what I find more shocking is that some new characters get a lot of storylines, while some come in with a great potential and then the writers suddenly think they aren't cool enough (or the actors aren't), so they put them on the sideline with no proper storylines for a few years until they eventually leaves.

Liam was a great example of this, such a great backstory was created for him, and then he was suddenly uninteresting for the writers and his only purpose was to be a non existent character.. like someone who wasn't important at all.

Chris had so much potential when he came in, and they are doing the same with him. His only purpose is to throw in some silly lines here and there.

Natalie, Tamara and other Braxton "fangirls" have also been just there to support the Braxtons and nothing else.

Elijah was dropped after several attempts to make him and Leah worked, there were a lot of other things he could do. But at least he got the Leah storyline.

At least the long stay characters have had their time with a plenty of character development and exciting storylines.

Don't forget Spencer, when he came in I really liked him and the bonding he was doing with Harvey. But ever since then they have decided he's not very important and have made him boring and lacking personality; he's had a couple of small storylines but they have just made a good effort of making him boring and less personable since when he first came in.

Archived