You know you've been watching H&A too long when...

Guest celtgirl

Yes Alf still says "stone the crows" and all the caricature phrases, but now it's like "Oh that's just Alf, he's a teddybear underneath". The article is referring to when he used to be a real force to be reckoned with. You could actually hate his character and he was a better character because of it. Now the writers wouldn't portray him in such a light because he's in "legend" status. But times change.

The point about Marilyn is true as well, she has changed. She's not the comedy character she was.

And Sally! It's so true, we all forget but before she became the heart of the show, (especially when she was early teens) we all found her terribly annoying.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww, I never found Sally annoying.Well, not when I was actually watching the show anyway.She went through a period around 1989/1990 when she was a bit of a madam but by the time I started watching in 1992 she was a sweet kid.(Admittedly, she did have her not-so-great periods later in life, notably in 1997, 1998 and 2000, but they only lasted a few months.)

There was a Home and Away board game?!

http://www.backtothebay.net/merchandise/game.shtml

It's terribly exciting.

Thanks, Dan.I have to ask...who's the woman on the cover?She looks too blonde for Carly or Lynn, too long-haired for Roo and too young for Pippa.Did they stick an old photo of Vanessa Downing on the front and hope no-one noticed?

Or I thought maybe that blonde who Martin dated (the one who was a bit like Marilyn before Marilyn came along).

But the board game refers to Fisher as the "deputy" head master so it must be someone who appeared pretty early on.

Yup, definitely Narelle. I actually had someone ask about that via email a while back, wasn't until later that I realised he was the guy writing the quiz for the H&A 25th Anniversary book, with that being one of the questions :P

Archived