Follow Your Heart

Guest Danni02

Thanks for the comments. :wub:

Seventy-one

Charlie walked into the hospital, shocked to see Brax making his way out. “Brax,” Charlie widened her eyes in panic, immediately fearing one of her children were hurt. “What’s wrong? Is it one of the kids?”

“No,” Brax shook his head. “The kids are fine. They are at the beach with Bianca, Heath and Katie.” Charlie exhaled, feeling more than relieved.

“So then why are you here?” Charlie questioned, now suddenly over come with worry for her husband. “You’re not sick, are you?”

“No I was just getting...” Brax cleared his throat. “Well I said I would come and get it done, right?”

“Oh right,” Charlie widened her eyes, a little surprised that he’d came back so quickly. “Well I need to get to my appointment so...” Charlie trailed off as she pointed down the hall of the hospital.

“Is everything okay with you?” Brax asked, wondering why his wife was there.

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “Just confirming the positive result,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “I’ll let you get back to the kids though.” Charlie took a few steps into the hospital, Brax seeing she was still upset with him.

“I should be there with you,” Brax said briefly touching Charlie’s arm before letting go again. “If you want me being there, that’s it.”

“Why?” Charlie questioned. “So you can confirm I am pregnant with another man’s baby?” Charlie spoke dryly.

Brax exhaled before rubbing his forehead. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, Charlie. I was just shocked, that’s all.”

“And you think I wasn’t?” Charlie questioned. “Brax I...” Charlie trailed off lightly shaking her head. “It was a huge shock for me too. I was done having kids. I was pretty much done after the twins but knowing how much having another child meant to you I said I’d have another one, but now a 5th child?” Charlie shook her head. “And we’ve just got the new house and there’s not enough bedrooms for the kids to get a room each now,” Charlie sighed. “I...”

“Rubes won’t be with us forever,” Brax said. “So Tobes and the Pip will need to share for a while, is it a big deal?”

“No but...” Charlie bit her lip. “We told them they would still have their own rooms.”

“Well Tobes is pretty keen on getting a baby brother. I’m sure he won’t mind sharing for a bit if it means he gets one.” Brax gave a little laugh.

“And if it’s a girl?” Charlie questioned.

“They can still share for a while,” Brax said. “The twins did till they were almost 5.”

“I know that,” Charlie exhaled. “I meant he might only be pleased with a brother. He asks for a little brother. No mentions of a sister.”

“Aw he’ll be fine,” Brax said. “Ella wanted a sister but she was over the moon with Tobes,” Brax saw Charlie looking down to her watch. “Do you need to go in?”

“Yeah.” Charlie said, thinking she should probably check in with reception as her appointment was really soon.

“Do you mind if I come?” Brax questioned, a little sheepishly.

“If you want too,” Charlie managed a weak smile before walking into the hospital and down to corridor to reception, Brax following behind her. Charlie took a seat and Brax sat down next to her, wincing a little. “Does it hurt?” Charlie questioned.

“Kinda stings every now and then,” Brax gritted his teeth. “Should only be for a few days though.”

Charlie gave a little nod. “Thank you.” Charlie gave him a smile.

“It’s not a problem,” Brax told her. “I should have done it when you first asked.”

“This would still be here,” Charlie sighed as she put her hand onto her stomach. “So, maybe I should have asked after Toby was born,” Charlie said. “But there’s no use being mad about this. It’s happened and we’ll have this baby. I just hope it’s an easy pregnancy,” Charlie exhaled. Her pregnancies with the twins and Toby left her really sick, especially with the twins. “Oh and that there is only one.” Charlie added.

“Mmm I’m thinking triplets.” Brax joked.

“Yeah yeah you said that with Toby.” Charlie replied.

“Surely I won’t be wrong twice.” Brax gave a little laugh before the doctor came out to take Charlie into her appointment.

Ruby and April were sitting in the waiting room at the clinic. There was a woman sitting opposite April, Ruby thought to be about the same age as them. There was a little boy of about 2 by her feet playing with a leaflet with information about contraception on it and there was a buggy with a child Ruby gathered to be around 6 months. April was pinching at her wrist, leaving nail marks that were reddening. “April.” Ruby took her hand into hers, stopping her from pinching herself.

“I don’t feel right being here.” April spoke quietly, not looking round to Ruby.

“Do you want to leave?” Ruby asked. “Cos I’m okay with that. We can do this together.” Ruby said putting her hand onto April’s stomach. Of course she knew it would be hard, especially for April, but she loved her so much and if Pete’s child was to be a part of their lives she would do it.

“No,” April batted Ruby’s hand away. “I just....I....” April felt her eyes misting over. “I don’t want this baby. I am getting the abortion...” April looked to the girl sitting opposite her before glancing down at her scruffy looking children. “We can’t afford this right now. It’s not fair on the child and....” April sighed as she hit her hand on her face.

“It must be a hard choice to come too,” Ruby spoke softly. “But if you feel right now it’s for the best then it will be the right choice,” Ruby said. “This is....it wasn’t even a mistake and no one will judge for ridding yourself of your ra...” Ruby pursed her lips together, seeing April flinch as she was about to say the word. “His baby.”

“I know.” April exhaled before glancing up at the clock. Her appointment was 5 minutes ago and she hated that they were even a little late. She didn’t want to be in this place any longer than she needed to. There was a strange eerie feel to the place and April just wanted to get out as soon as possible.

“Hey, you know you have the big 2-2 in a week’s time,” Ruby rubbed her arm. “Maybe we could get out of the bay for a few days,” Ruby suggested. “If you feel up to it. Get a nice condo on the beachfront or a woodland cabin by the lake. It doesn’t have to be far but maybe a little break from here will be good for you.”

“Maybe.” April shrugged but inside she was thinking that a little break from the bay might be something she’d be up for.

“Could asked Adrian and Dex along,” Ruby added. “We could go kayaking, camp out under the stars, swim in the lake.” Ruby smiled liking the sound of this weekend she’d just conjured up in her head.

“Can I think about it?” April asked.

“Of course.” Ruby gave her a smile, just as she saw a woman walking towards them.

“April Scott.” The woman said and April took a deep breath, Ruby noticing April’s hand lightly brushing her stomach. April stood up and looked down to Ruby before looking to the woman.

“Is it alright if my girlfriend comes with me?” April asked shyly.

“Of course she can.” The woman said before smiling at Ruby. Ruby stood up and rubbed April’s back before they started walking down the corridor. The woman opened the door and walked into the room and April froze to the spot.

“You okay?” Ruby questioned, rubbing her back once again.

“Mmm,” April exhaled. “I uhm...I just need a minute.” April said taking another deep breath, Ruby noticing once again that her hand was lightly brushing over her stomach.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the comments. :D

Seventy-two

Ruby poured the hot water into the mug before she lifted the string of the tea bag up and now a little, the tea seeping out into the hot water. She looked up as she heard the door opening and smiled as she saw Bianca and Katie walking back into the house. “Hello Ruby,” Katie ran forward and hugged Ruby’s leg. “I been beach with mummy, daddy, uncle Brax, Ella, Noah and Toby,” Katie smiled. “It too much fun.”

“Ah that’s cool. You had a good day then?” Ruby questioned and Katie nodded.

“But daddy went working.” Katie sighed sadly before running off through the house.

“Hey.” Ruby smiled softly at Bianca as she threw the teabag into the bin.

Bianca smiled weakly back at her before looking in the direction of April’s room. “Did she....” Bianca trailed off as she swallowed nervously.

Ruby gave a little nod. “Yeah.” Ruby spoke quietly as she opened the cupboard and took out the Lemon Crisp biscuits that April loved.

“How ehm...” Bianca rubbed the back of her head. “How is she?”

Ruby gave a little shrug. “She’s not saying much at the moment. We came home and she said she was going for a lie down. I just sat there with her for I guess nearly two hours before she asked for a cup of tea,” Ruby rested herself against the worktop as she filled Bianca in. “I guess we carry on as normal with her, right?” Ruby questioned.

“I uhm....yeah,” Bianca looked and sounded unsure but she nodded her head anyways. She felt her hand go to her stomach, thoughts of her own baby entering her head. “This could be hard on her. When this one arrives. When she sees me growing, the baby stuff in the house,” Bianca exhaled. “And it’s not only my pregnancy she’ll be facing with your mum having a baby too.”

“My mum’s what?” Ruby widened her eyes in shock.

Bianca put her hand over her mouth. “I’m sorry I thought she would have told you. Please don’t tell her I said.” Bianca felt awful for letting Charlie’s news slip.

“She’s seriously up the duff, again?” Ruby questioned and Bianca gave a little nod.

“It’s not like they planned it, Rubes,” Bianca told her. “Mistakes can sometimes happen.”

“Yeah,” Ruby answered as she shook her head. She couldn’t believe her mother was pregnant again. “God by 21, 22 this year you’d be pretty safe to bet that your mother wouldn’t still be reproducing. You’d be safer to bet on the 21 year old having a baby.”

“Yes but your mother is only 35. It’s not too old to be having a baby.” Bianca said.

Ruby rolled her eyes as she gave a groan. “I’m going to take this tea into April.” Ruby said picking up the cup of tea and the biscuits before she left Bianca standing alone in the kitchen, Bianca shaking her head at herself for letting slip about Charlie’s baby.

Brax put his and Toby’s bowls down at the table before taking a seat next to his youngest. Ella and Noah picked up their forks and spoon and started twirling their pasta around the fork. “Daddy,” Toby sighed as he looked down to the bowl of pasta. “I don’t like it.”

“Yes you do,” Brax told him. “This is the same as what you get at the restaurant sometimes.” Brax swallowed before he took a drink of his beer.

“It dunt look like that.” Toby screwed his face up at what his father was offering him.

Brax gave a little laugh. “It’s daddy’s version,” Brax told him. “Go on, eat it all up and I’ve got a special treat for dessert.”

“Oh what?” Ella asked before taking a drink of her orange juice.

“Chocolate cake from Leah’s,” Brax said as Toby widened his eyes. He sure did love Leah’s chocolate cake. “C’mon buddy.” Brax smiled down at his son.

“I get cake first?” Toby wondered and Brax laughed.

“No chance,” Brax said. “Eat the pasta or no dessert. You know the rules.” Toby furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at his bowl of pasta, scratching the side of his head as he thought about what he was going to do.

“Daddy?” Noah questioned.

Brax looked to his eldest son. “What bud?” Brax asked him.

“Well when are we going to the new house?” Noah questioned before taking another forkful of the pasta into his mouth.

“Next week I think mate,” Brax exhaled. “You’ll all need to come up with ideas on how you’d like your rooms decorated, huh?” Brax glanced down at Toby who still hadn’t made a start to his pasta.

“Oooh oooh.” Ella raised her hand in the air like she was in school.

“Yes petal.” Brax looked to his daughter.

“Pink and yellow,” Ella told him, her mind already made up. “Pink walls with yellow flowers on and a yellow bed cover with pink flowers,” Ella grinned. “And a pink beanbag chair in the corner and a yellow beanbag chair in the other. And a guinea pig with a yellow cage.”

“Sounds like you know what you want,” Brax laughed. “But I’m not sure about the guinea pig sweetheart.”

“Yeah,” Toby raised his voice. “Mummy said at the new house we would.”

“I don’t want a guinea pig. Fudge scared me,” Noah said. “What can I get?”

“Nothing,” Ella told him. “Me and Toby get a guinea pig and you get nothing.” Ella teased her brother.

“D-a-d,” Noah moaned. “Tell her I get something too.”

“I don’t know if any of you are getting a pet,” Brax exhaled, thinking especially now with a new baby coming, Charlie might not be as up for the idea of a pet or multiple pets for the kids. “Mummy and daddy still need to talk about it, okay?”

“Okays.” The kids sighed. The twins went back to eating their pasta, but Toby was yet to touch his.

“Toby,” Brax hit his index finger off the table. “Eat your dinner.”

“I get a pet I will.” Toby said, staring up at his father.

“No,” Brax told him. “Eat it or no chocolate cake. You love that cake, huh?”

“I have cake first?” Toby questioned.

“No,” Brax raised her voice a little, becoming annoyed with his son. “Eat it up, good boy.”

“No,” Toby pushed it away. “I not hungry for pasta.”

“Right,” Brax sighed pushing Toby’s pasta into the middle of the table. “Don’t eat anything then.”

“Okays,” Toby gave a grin as he reached for his orange juice and took a drink. Brax shook his head at his son. “I go play?” Toby asked.

“No, you’ll sit there till we are finished our dinner.” Brax said and Toby sulked as he rested his head in his hands, his elbow leaning on the table as he watched his brother and sister eating their dinner.

Charlie was behind the bar, slicing up the lemons for the drinks. Heath came up to her with a drinks order and lay it down on the bar. “Do you smell that?” Charlie gave a little sniff.

“What?” Heath questioned, not sure what Charlie was on about.

“That smell?” Charlie said. “It’s kinda sweet, maybe a little citrusy.” Charlie told him and Heath looked at her as he pulled a face.

“Might be the lemons you are cutting up,” Heath laughed. “You alright?”

“Hmm yeah,” Charlie put the knife down and wiped her hands on a cloth. “Just.... it’s nothing.” Charlie shook her head, deciding not to share her news with her brother in law just yet. Ruby and the kids were going to be told before him.

“You sure?” Heath questioned. “You’re face is kind of saying otherwise.”

Charlie bit her lip before she shook her head. “No, it’s fine. I’m fine.”

“You put Brax up to the op?” Heath laughed. “Came back to the beach from the hospital not looking too amused and looked a bit in pain,” Heath said. “I’m not letting any doctor near my dude.” Heath told her.

“Your dude?” Charlie raised one eyebrow as Heath gave a nod.

“My dude,” Heath nodded in reply. “Got Brax right on the soft, huh?” Heath said. “Hope this doesn’t go giving Bianca any ideas.” Heath gave a nervous laugh.

“I didn’t make him do it,” Charlie said. “I asked if he would and offered to go in myself for sterilisation but he was man enough to step-up and be responsible.” Charlie told him, and he was really, just after his little chickening out blip at his first appointment.

“Hmm,” Heath raised his eyebrows. “So can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” Charlie gave a little nod as she took the drinks order from the bar top, thinking she should probably make a start to it. “What’s up?”

“Has Bianca spoken to you about the twin we lost?” Heath spoke quietly and Charlie picked up on a sadness in his tone, Heath obviously still feeling upset about it.

“A little bit,” Charlie told him. “You think she is holding back in her grief?”

Heath gave a little shrug. “She’s a bit open and closed with me. One minute she’ll talk and let me in and the next she won’t. I just wish we could talk about it more.”

“Miscarriage is different for a woman than a man,” Charlie told him. “Of course you’ve both lost a child and it’s awful but Bianca was carrying that child. She’ll be blaming herself for the loss and she needs to come to terms with the fact it wasn’t anything she did.”

“I don’t think it was her fault.” Heath said.

“I know,” Charlie answered. “But like I said she is a woman and she’s going to be blaming herself, wondering if she did something differently would that child still be there. Just....give her space and time and soon enough she’ll talk like you want her to.”

Heath gave a little smile as he nodded at Charlie’s advice. “Thanks.” Heath said appreciatively.

“No problem,” Charlie answered. “Now get back to work. Table 9 needs clearing.” Charlie gestured over to the table before giving Heath a smile as she got to making the drinks order up and Heath walked over to the table to clear the plates away.

Thank you for the comments. :)

Seventy-three

Ruby walked into the house to see her mother making herself a cup of coffee. She raised her eyebrows before knocking on the open door. “Morning.” Ruby said.

“Hey sweetie,” Charlie stirred the sugar into her cup. “Can I get you a coffee?”

“No,” Ruby shook her head walking further into the room. “So, how’s thing?” Ruby threw her bag onto the kitchen table before opening the fridge and taking out one of the kids’ juice boxes.

“Fine,” Charlie answered leaning herself against the worktop and taking a drink of her coffee. “How is April?” Charlie wondered, knowing yesterday wouldn’t have been an easy day for her.

“She’s....she’s okay I guess,” Ruby pierced the straw into the carton before taking a drink. “Things with you and Brax going well then?” Ruby walked back over to the table and leaned against it, tuning to face her mother.

“Yeah they are good,” Charlie asked. “Why do you ask?” Charlie could see something was bothering Ruby, she just wasn’t sure what yet.

“Just wondered,” Ruby exhaled. “You guys know what condoms are, right?” Ruby questioned.

Charlie screwed her face up a little confused. “Of course we do, what do you...” Charlie trailed off. “You know about the baby, don’t you?” Charlie questioned.

“Oh yeah.” Ruby gave a little nod.

“Rubes this wasn’t planned,” Charlie put her coffee cup down on the worktop before taking a few steps forward. “Believe me this was not supposed to happen.”

“I believe you,” Ruby murmured. “Just if you don’t want a baby then you should be responsible and use protection. You always made sure I knew that when I was with a guy.”

“I know,” Charlie sighed. “I think we were just over excited that we were about to have sex after at least 10 months that we....” Charlie stopped talking.

“So the first time you and Brax hooked up that happened?” Ruby questioned, pointing to her mother’s stomach. Charlie gave a little nod, presuming that’s when it would have happened. They were safe every other time so unless the tiny percentage chance of pregnancy still occurred it would have most likely been that first hook up, but given just two days later they slept together again, she couldn’t be 100 per cent sure. “And you told me Toby would be your last.” Ruby muttered.

“He was supposed to be,” Charlie told her. “Look, this wasn’t planned but it’s happened and you are an adult and...” Charlie trailed off.

“Yeah and most adults don’t get told they are getting a new baby brother or sister,” Ruby sighed. “Bad enough when I was 17 but now I am in my twenties,” Ruby shook her head. “Just....please promise me no more after this one.”

“I promise,” Charlie gave a little laugh. “In fact Brax got a little operation yesterday to ensure that something like this doesn’t happen again.” Charlie said.

“Oh,” Ruby gave a sort of smile. “And don’t get me wrong I love the kids, of course I do, but...” Ruby paused. “4 siblings is going to be a lot.”

“Not as much as 5 children,” Charlie sighed. “And hey, I need you on my side. Help the little kids get used to another arrival and of course babysitting duties.” Charlie gave a cheeky grin.

“Well if I need to look after 4 kids then I am definitely not doing it for free.” Ruby said with a cheeky grin on her face and Charlie gave a little laugh before pulling Ruby into a hug.

Charlie pulled the car into the drive and switched off the ignition before taking her seat belt off. She got out of the car and walked up to the door of the house. She stepped inside and shouted out for her husband. “Brax,” Charlie walked down the hall and made her way up the stairs. “Brax.” Charlie shouted again.

“Yeah,” Charlie followed the voice to find Brax in the room next to the master bedroom. “Hey, glad you came.” Brax gave her a smile as she walked into the study room.

“I can’t stay long,” Charlie told him. “I need to pick up Toby from Kindy soon.”

“Nah you don’t,” Brax shook his head and Charlie looked a little confused. “I called Melanie and she is going to pick him up and get the twins when they are done with school,” Brax told his wife. “I said we had stuff we wanted to sort here at the new house.”

“I see,” Charlie gave a little nod. “So, what is it?” Charlie questioned, still unsure as to why Brax had asked her to come out to the new place.

“This room here,” Brax said as he looked around the study. “Well we don’t really need a study, do we?” Brax asked and Charlie shook her head. “So we can use this as a bedroom for Pip,” Brax gave a little smile. “It’s not as big as the other bedrooms but it’s still going to be a decent sized room, don’t you think?”

Charlie looked around the room before giving a nod. “Yeah it is,” Charlie said, walking over to the window and looking out to the view of the lake and tree’s behind that. “I love the location of this house.” Charlie smiled as she turned to face Brax, leaning herself against the window ledge.

“Gorgeous eh,” Brax walked over to Charlie as she nodded. “Not the only gorgeous thing, mind you.” Brax tucked a loose strand of Charlie’s hair behind her ear before placing a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss letting it deepen as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Brax pulled her closer to him, his hands gently caressing her bum cheeks, over her skirt. Knowing where this was leading, Charlie pulled back.

“Mmm we can’t.” Charlie whispered.

“Why not?” Brax questioned, looking down to her.

“Well aren’t you sore?” Charlie looked down to his crotch area.

Brax gave a little laugh. “Haven’t been today so far,” Brax answered. “The doc said as soon as I feel ready to I can have sex again.”

“But it’s only been 2 days,” Charlie spoke softly. “It’s probably better to wait a little longer,” Charlie said and Brax exhaled sadly, knowing she was probably right. “So this is why you dragged me out here then huh?” Charlie raised an eyebrow. “Wanted to have your way with me?”

“No,” Brax laughed. “Well it would have been a nice bonus and we do have rooms to christen but, no, I just thought we could sort out what rooms go to what kid and how we want things decorated,” Brax told her. “Also, the kids are still taking about a pet so we need to sort that out.”

“Yeah,” Charlie ran her hand over her stomach. “Tobes really wants a guinea pig but if we get him a pet of his own the other two will need to get one too,” Charlie said. “Maybe we could get a family dog.”

“A dog hey,” Brax smiled, liking that idea. “Yeah, yeah I can see us with a dog. Out for long walks by the lake, the kids throwing sticks and balls for him. They’ll be stoked.”

“Mmm.” Charlie smiled.

“That really would be the perfect way to complete our family huh?” Brax said. “Or would it be stupid of us to get a puppy when in....8 months we’ll have a new baby?” Brax placed his hand onto Charlie’s stomach.

“Well it won’t entirely be a new puppy by then,” Charlie answered. “And we’ve coped with twins so I’m sure we’ll manage a puppy and a newborn. I mean it’s our 4th child together so I’m sure by this time it’ll be a breeze.”

“I’m sure you’re right,” Brax gave a little laugh as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I love you.”

“Love you too.” Charlie smiled before they once again shared a kiss.

Thank you for the comments Chax, Sarah, beebee, Zoe, emmamurphy8 and Spotd1.

Seventy-four

April walked into her room after her day at uni and threw her folders and bag down to the floor before getting onto her bed. She grabbed her cookie monster teddy and hugged it close to her as she curled up into a ball on the bed. She didn’t look up as there was a knock at the door. She heard footsteps and felt a hand lightly rubbing her back. “What have I done?” April cried, her tears wetting her bed covers.

“Aww sweetheart.” Bianca rubbed her sisters back, knowing exactly what was upsetting her. She moved closer to her on the bed and April turned around and rested her head against Bianca’s thigh.

“It felt like it was the right thing to do,” April sniffed back. “But now....now I.....” April trailed off as more tears rolled down her cheeks, Bianca feeling them soak through her dress.

“Everyone always questions the choices they’ve made,” Bianca continued to rub her sisters back. “But you obviously made it for a reason and I think you know deep down you did make the right choice. It was for the best right now.”

“Yeah,” April sniffed back. “But I feel empty now,” April exhaled. “I obviously couldn’t feel the kid yet or anything but...” April shrugged. “Something still feels missing.”

“I know how you feel,” Bianca spoke sadly. “I may not have known about the twin and couldn’t feel the baby yet, but, it’s strange now.” Bianca put her hand onto her stomach.

“But you didn’t choose to lose the baby,” April wiped her hand across her eyes as she sat up, still hugging the bear close to her chest. “If anyone is going to be upset right now it should be you.”

“You’ve still lost a baby,” Bianca rubbed April’s arm. “And it’s probably healthy that you are mourning the loss of it.”

“I guess,” April sniffed back once again. “You know Rubes wants to take me away for my birthday. She reckons a couple days away from everything here might be good for me.” April bit her lip, looking unsure.

“I think she might be right,” Bianca gave a little smile. “You can just relax and have a good time with your girlfriend.”

“She said we could ask Dex and Adrian too,” April tucked her hair behind her ear. “I think we could have a pretty good weekend really.”

“Then tell her you’d like to go,” Bianca rubbed her arm once again. “I think it’ll do you the world of good.”

“Yeah,” April gave a weak smile. “Where’s Katie?” April wondered. It wasn’t that Katie was loud, but, April could usually hear her playing.

“Heath has her out for some father daughter time.” Bianca gave a little smile.

“Sweet,” April exhaled. “When are you having the adoption lady overseeing you with her?”

“Not sure yet,” Bianca answered. “I guess I’ll get another letter or phone call.”

“Yeah,” April gave a weak smile. “Well I fancy a big tub of ice-cream. You up for sharing?” April asked jumping up off her bed as she once again wiped her hand over her eye, getting rid of some tears that were lingering under her eyes.

“I’d be up for that.” Bianca gave her sister a smile before leaving the room with her, April still hugging her cookie monster teddy.

Toby looked down to the plate, his face screwed up. “Mummy what’s this?” Toby forked something from his stir-fry.

“It’s a piece of capsicum,” Charlie answered. “You like capsicums.”

“No,” Toby shook his head. “I no see one afore.”

“Yes you have,” Charlie said. “You eat capsicum all the time.”

“No,” Toby sighed. “I not mummy.”

“You do bud,” Brax answered. He was having dinner with Charlie and the kids before heading into work. “Just its normally red.”

“So why it green?” Toby asked.

“Is it off?” Ella screwed her face up, suddenly also not wanting to eat her capsicum.

“No,” Charlie answered. “You can get green capsicums, red ones, yellow ones and orange ones,” Charlie told her children. “I normally buy red ones but the store was all out today so I took a green one. It’s still the same.”

“No,” Toby shook his head. “I eat this and this only.” Toby said pointing to the chicken and the noodles, ruling out the capsicum, carrot, onion and mushrooms.

“He’s getting worse with his veggies,” Charlie sighed. “Toby you will eat all your dinner or no dessert.” Toby frowned before taking a drink of his juice.

“He never does,” Noah said after swallowing a mouthful. “Veggies are good for you Toby.”

Toby shrugged. “They stupid.”

“Well,” Charlie exhaled. “Mummy and daddy talked today and we are going to get you kids a dog,” Charlie told them and all three kids squealed in delight. “But only little boys who eat all their veggies and dinners up get pets.” Charlie said and Brax opened his mouth in shock that Charlie was bribing her son in this way.

“Awwk.” Toby frowned.

“And carrots let you see in the dark.” Ella told her little brother.

“Really?” Toby widened his eyes.

“Yeah,” Brax nodded. “You could be a superhero, huh?”

“Yeah,” Toby screeched. “Like Spideyman.”

“I bet Spiderman eats all his veggies,” Charlie said. “He’d need to to fight all the bad guys, don’t you think?” Charlie took a drink of her water, waiting on her son to reply, his little face scrunched up as he looked deep in thought.

“No,” Toby shook his head. “He just magic.”

“Yeah cos he got bit by a spider and then got all the powers.” Noah said and Toby widened his eyes, looking amazed at what his brother said.

“Wow,” Toby jumped down from the seat. “I go find a spider.” Toby said before he ran out of the kitchen.

“Toby,” Charlie shouted after her son as she heard Brax and the twins laughing at him. “Toby come and eat your dinner.” Charlie sighed as she stood up from the table and walked out in search for her son.

“Is we really getting a dog?” Ella asked as she looked up at her father, a big grin on her face.

“We sure are,” Brax answered, also with a smile on his face. “We’ll need to start thinking of a good name, huh?”

“What kind will we get?” Noah questioned before taking another forkful of his dinner.

“I’m not sure yet,” Brax answered. “We’ll need to see what kinds are available in the area first.”

“Hmm,” Ella scratched the side of her head. “Molly has a white and black spotty dog,” Ella said. “Like the one Cruella de Vil takes.”

“A Dalmatian.” Brax said and Ella gave a little nod.

“She’s name is Tess,” Ella exhaled. “She’s nice but I no want a Dalmatian cos Cruella might come for her.”

“Cruella isn’t real petal,” Brax told his daughter. “She’s just on a movie.”

“Oh,” Ella scratched the side of her head, looking unsure. “Well I still no get the same as Molly,” Ella said. “We get a different one.”

“Will we get one each?” Noah asked brightly.

“No,” Brax answered. “Just one dog for all of us.”

“Where will it stay?” Noah wondered.

“At the new house,” Brax told them. “And he’ll have plenty room to run around in that big garden huh?”

“Oh yeah,” The twins nodded. “What else new we get?” Ella questioned.

“We already gets the house and a puppy Ella,” Noah told her. “We no need more.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “Well actually there is something else you’re going to get.” Brax said, just as Charlie came back into view with Toby struggling to get free from being in her arms.

“Brax, don’t -” Charlie started to tell him not to tell them yet, but he either didn’t hear her or chose not to listen to her.

“Mummy is having another baby.” Brax smiled and Ella and Toby screamed in excitement. Toby now happy to be in his mother’s arms, grabbed her cheeks with his hands and started kissing her over and over on the lips.

“No,” Noah scowled as he looked to his mother. “You said no mummy.” Noah jumped down from the table and ran out of the kitchen. Charlie put Toby down on the floor before looking to Brax shaking her head at him and Brax pursed his lips together before mouthing a sorry to his wife.

Thank you Sarah, Red Ranger 1, chax, Spotd1, beebee, and Zoe for the comments.

Seventy-five

“What the hell Brax?” Charlie sounded angry at him. “Did you really just do that?” Charlie folded her arms across her chest, glaring at him. Ella and Toby stared up at Charlie, their eyes all wide at her tone.

“I’m sorry we were talking about getting new things and it just slipped out.” Brax exhaled.

“We....you....argh,” Charlie flung her hands out to the side before turning around and walking out of the kitchen and down the hall into her son’s bedroom. She saw him curled up in a ball, hiding under his bed covers. “Noah, sweetie,” Charlie sat down on his bed and rubbed her hand over his back. “Buddy.” Charlie spoke softly.

“You said you liked us as we were.” Noah came out from under the covers and turned around to look at his mother.

“I know I did,” Charlie exhaled. “And I do sweetheart, I really do, but sometimes baby’s can be...” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Me and daddy didn’t plan for this to happen. Sometimes women can get pregnant without meaning too.”

Noah screwed his face up. “Then why do what you do?” Noah questioned.

“Do what?” Charlie asked.

“Make a baby,” Noah said. “If you didn’t want one then why did you make one?” Noah picked up his Thomas the Tank Engine cushion that sat on his bed and hugged it.

“We didn’t mean too.” Charlie told him as she wrapped an arm around him, rubbing his arm as he rested his head on her chest.

“So if you don’t want a baby you shouldn’t do what you have to too make one.” Noah exhaled, this making perfect sense to him so he was unsure why his mother had trouble understanding this.

“Well sometimes adults like to practise.” Charlie said as she ran her hand over his head.

“Why?” Noah asked.

“You’ll understand when you are an adult, bud.” Charlie spoke softly and Noah screwed his face up.

“So you don’t want the baby either?” Noah asked. “You said you didn’t mean to make it.”

“I know,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “But me and daddy are going to have this baby,” Charlie said. “Mummy was a little shocked it happened but at the end of the day this is our little bubba,” Charlie said, her hand going onto her stomach. “You’re little brother or sister.”

Noah sighed. “I got enough though mummy.”

“I promise this is the last one,” Charlie told him. “And you love Tobes right?” Charlie questioned. “I know he can annoy you sometimes when he wants to be like you but you know it’s just because he loves you so much and thinks you are the coolest ever.”

“Really?” Noah asked.

“Oh yeah.” Charlie gave him a smile as he looked up her, his green eyes going all wide. When she looked into his eyes, it felt like she was looking into Brax’s, Noah resembled his father so much.

“What will this baby be?” Noah asked.

“I don’t know buddy,” Charlie answered. “It’s too early to find out.”

“Oh,” Noah sighed. “And you promise me this is the last baby?” Noah asked. “No more again?”

“I promise you buddy,” Charlie hugged Noah a little closer to her. “You going to be my helper then?” Charlie asked. “I can count on you for nappy changes, right?”

“If it’s not stinky,” Noah told her. “If it is Ella can do it.” Noah said and Charlie laughed.

“You think she’ll do the stinky nappies?” Charlie questioned and Noah considered this for a moment before shaking his head.

“Daddy could do it.” Noah smiled at his suggestion.

“Now I like that suggestion very much,” Charlie said and Noah giggled. “I love you so much buddy.” Charlie smiled.

“I love you more mummy.” Noah said as they hugged each other.

“Now, how about we go back to the kitchen and finish our dinner hmmm?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Noah jumped down from the bed, leaving his Thomas cushion there. Charlie stood up and walked down to the kitchen with her son, hearing her other two still cheering over the news of a new baby. They walked into the kitchen and Noah took his place back at his seat and Toby climbed up onto Charlie’s knee, giving her more kisses at the news, Toby obviously very thankful that he was getting his wish of a baby sibling.

“Look, Charlie I -” Brax started to speak but Charlie cut him off.

“Isn’t it time you where heading to work?” Charlie questioned. “You’ll be late if you don’t leave soon.” Charlie said, not looking up at him, just trying to fight Toby from her and get him to eat his dinner.

“Right yeah,” Brax cleared his throat before he stood up from chair. He knew he’d made Charlie mad and right now knew it was best to leave her. “Cya kiddies.” Brax walked round the table giving each of them a kiss on the head. A chorus of byes could be heard as the kids waved before Brax gave Charlie one last sorry looking glance before he left the house.

Bianca walked back into the living room from reading Katie her bedtime story. She sat down on the couch close to Heath and gave him a weak smile. “So,” Heath took a deep breath before leaning forward and picking up a little brown bag from the coffee table. “When Katie and I were out today we went to the garden centre,” Heath told his wife. “I told Katie we just wanted to put some flowers out back but well....” Heath trailed off, feeling a little nervous. “I thought it might be good if we planted something for the baby we lost.” Heath said and Bianca widened her eyes, looking a little surprised.

“What did you pick?” Bianca took the bag from him and pulled out some sunflower seeds.

“They’ll grow every year,” Heath told her. “All we have to do is plant the seeds,” Heath said. “And of course water them but the rest works by nature.” Heath smiled lightly, placing his hand over Bianca’s stomach. Bianca pursed her lips together, feeling tears stinging her eyes.

“So like a remembrance garden?” Bianca questioned and Heath gave a little nod.

“I thought we could put them around the tree we planted for Rocco.” Heath spoke tentatively. Even now after all these years Rocco was still a sensitive subject. They’d planted a tree in the garden and each summer it sprouted lovely purple-blue flowers. Bianca smiled at the idea.

“I’d like that very much,” Bianca said. “I know I....I grieved a little but it still hurts. And I think....I think when we go for our 12 week scan and only hear 1 heartbeat and only see 1 baby....” Bianca pursed her lips together. “This is going to be hard for a long time.”

“I know,” Heath moved closer to her in the couch and rubbed her shoulder in comfort. “But we can find some peace in the fact this baby is with her big brother.” Heath gave a little smile as he looked up to the ceiling.

Bianca took a deep breath as she wiped a tear from her eye. “Yeah,” Bianca exhaled. “They’ll be together,” Bianca managed a weak smile. “We can plant them tomorrow after school. I’m sure Katie would love to help.”

“I know she would.” Heath laughed.

The smile on Bianca’s face grew a little larger before she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “I love you Heath.”

“I love you too.” Heath smiled before they wrapped their arms around each other in a hug.

Thank you Sarah, beebee, Red Ranger 1, Zoe, Sabrina, Spotd1 and RoRo90 for the comments. :wub:

Seventy-six

Brax took a deep breath before he knocked on the door. After a few moments he heard footsteps and saw the light coming on. He saw Charlie looking through the side window before the door opened. “Hey.” Charlie pursed her lips together.

“Hey,” Brax gave her a smile. “Can I come in?” Charlie gave a little nod and Brax walked into the house, following Charlie as she walked through to the living room. They took a seat on the couch and Charlie tucked her hair behind her ear, looking around to him to wait on him to talk again. “I’m sorry. I know I’ve upset you and I honestly didn’t mean to do tell them. It just came out in the excitement of talking about new things.”

“A month, Brax,” Charlie said. “I’m not even a month yet,” Charlie bit her lip. “It’s so early and.....telling the kids was something we were supposed to do together. This is our last baby and I didn’t get to tell them,” Charlie exhaled sadly. “I just....” Charlie gave a little shrug. “You ruined what could have been a lovely family moment for us.”

“Not on purpose,” Brax said. “I’m sorry. You could blame it on the pain killers,” Brax gave Charlie a cheeky grin as he raised his eyebrows. “I’m all drugged up so I don’t know what I am saying.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “You’re not that drugged up,” Charlie said playfully hitting his chest. “You’re just an idiot.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh.

“I’m a lovable idiot though, right?” Brax nudged Charlie’s arm as he winked.

“Don’t think I’d be having a fourth kid with you if I didn’t find you lovable.” Charlie said and Brax smiled before leaning down and softly kissing Charlie’s lips.

“And I am sorry,” Brax said as he pulled back. “You can tell everyone else.”

“The kids were the most exiting ones to tell though,” Charlie said as she rested her head against Brax’s chest as he wrapped an arm around her. “But they were pretty excited huh?” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah,” Brax smiled. “At least two of them were,” Brax said. “Funny though I seem to remember Ella not being happy Toby was arriving and now it’s Noah throwing a strop.”

“He didn’t throw a strop,” Charlie sighed. “He just likes us as we are,” Charlie told him. “But one little talk with mummy and he’s fine.” Charlie looked up at Brax cheekily.

“Good.” Brax said.

“So how was work tonight?” Charlie questioned.

“Fine,” Brax said. “Pretty quiet really.”

“Hmm it’s been quiet a lot lately,” Charlie sighed. “We are going to be able to afford this baby, aren’t we?”

“Of course we are,” Brax answered. “It’s always quiet January, February.” Brax said. “And besides there’s heaps of money in the restaurants account and we’ve not had a pay rise in a long time,” Brax grinned cheekily. “Maybe it’s about time we did. Or gave ourselves a little bonus.”

“Hmm,” Charlie exhaled. “In that case maybe we could give the kids a holiday before the baby arrives too. You know, one last family holiday just the 5 of us before it changes. Or 6 if Rubes wants to come.”

“Yeah I like that idea,” Brax smiled. “Maybe in July when the kids are off school. You’ll be what 6 months then?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded. “Maybe it can just be somewhere close by so we can take the puppy too,” Charlie suggested. “Or we can go further afield. Guess it just depends on the money side of things.”

“I told you we have plenty money. You don’t need to worry about that,” Brax said as he rubbed her arm. “And hey, you can tell the kids about the holiday,” Brax grinned cheekily and Charlie looked up to him, also a cheeky grin on her face.

“To right I will.” Charlie said before they both laughed a little and shared another kiss.

Ruby, April, Adrian and Dex were in the diner after uni talking about the weekend away they were going to take. They had a long weekend from uni so had 4 days to take. They were going to leave on a Friday and return back to the bay on a Monday. “So, will you pay for me and Adrian too?” Dex questioned, giving Ruby a cheeky grin.

“You’re not turning twenty-two and you are not my girlfriend so what do you think?” Ruby questioned and Dex exhaled lightly.

“Worth a shot.” Dex said as he looked around to Adrian. Adrian gave a little nod before she took a piece of the cake she and Dex were sharing.

“You don’t need to pay for me,” April said, putting her hand onto Ruby’s thigh under the table. “I can pay my own.”

“It’s your birthday of course I am going to pay for you.” Ruby gave her a smile.

“I thought you were broke?” Dex questioned.

“I have some money,” Ruby exhaled. “I’m not completely bankrupt,” Ruby told him. “And besides it’s not like we’ll need to spend much once we are at the cabin,” Ruby said. “So yeah.”

“I’m actually grateful for a few days away from here,” April gave Ruby an appreciative smile. “It can only been good for me, right?”

“Oh yeah,” Adrian answered. “You’ve been through so much in such a little space of time, you know, it’s...a little break from this place is only going to do you good.”

“Yeah,” April smiled. “I know when I get back.....well it won’t change anything that’s happened but hopefully I....hopefully I’m back to normal.”

“You? Normal?” Dex laughed. Adrian hit him in the ribs and Dexter winced. “Ouch,” Dex glared at her. “What was that for?”

“Well don’t insult the girl.” Adrian said.

“It’s fine,” April said. “Anyways lately I have been far from normal. My OCD is flaring big time right now. You should see my wardrobe.” April laughed.

“You should also see the kitchen cupboards at Brax’s place,” Ruby said. “Very neat indeed. Things are grouped by food products and in height order.”

“I can’t help it,” April sighed. “And it’s not like it’s doing anyone any harm.”

“Nah,” Adrian said. “You can come to our apartment if you want. Get some order in the kitchen and our wardrobe.” Adrian laughed.

“Yes, the wardrobe especially,” Dex said. “She,” Dex hit Adrian’s arm playfully. “Has like 80 percent of the wardrobe. I thought living together would be 50/50, but no.” Dex shook his head.

“Dex sweetie you are never going to get anywhere complaining to another 2 women about that,” April said with a little laugh. “You’ll need to complain to a guy mate for sympathy with that.”

“Yeah,” Dex cleared his throat. “Romeo and I used to do some complaining about our women.” Dex exhaled and Ruby bowed her head down a little. “Probably shouldn’t have said that huh?” Dex questioned as he looked to Adrian and she shook her head in reply.

“How is he?” Ruby asked. She’d barely seen him since the split, feeling like he was doing his best to avoid her and April being about town.

Dex gave a little shrug. “Haven’t really seen him much. He uhm....well he didn’t like I still spoke with you so,” Dex exhaled. “I’m not about to start taking sides or stop being friends with you, so....” Dex shrugged once again. “But back to the wardrobe talk what’s it going to be like when you two live together?” Dex questioned. “Two women fighting for space?”

“We’ll get two wardrobes.” April answered and Ruby laughed a little.

“Nice idea babe.” Ruby gave her a smile.

“Oooh talking about living arrangements hmm,” Adrian raised her eyebrows. “Could we be hearing wedding bells soon?”

“No no,” April and Ruby shook their head and spoke at the same time. “Not yet. We’ve just got back together.” April said.

“Yeah but you’ve known each other since you were like 2,” Dex said. “Best friends for years and now lovers too. Not like there will be anything surprising to learn about each other.”

“Still doesn’t make us ready to marry,” Ruby answered. “Besides there is the small matter of my divorce to happen first then Australia or at least the state needs to legalise lesbian marriage.”

“You still can’t legally marry?” Adrian questioned and Ruby shook her head.

“We can have a registered relationship,” April used quotation marks as she spoke. “But we can’t be like a man and wife.”

“Better than nothing, right?” Adrian questioned and Ruby gave a little shrug.

“We don’t need a piece of paper to prove our love and commitment anyways,” Ruby said before looking to April with a smile on her face. “We know it exists and so do our family and friends. That’s all that matters, hmm?” Ruby gently patted April’s arm and she smiled and nodded in reply although she hoped one day that she could legally marry Ruby.

Thanks for the comments. :wub:

Seventy-seven

Katie dug a hole with her little purple Peppa Pig digging spade. “That’s enough,” Heath told her. “Do the same there.” Heath pointed to the next spot as he put a seed into the first hole that was dug, before filling it back in with the soil.

“This is fun,” Katie was grinning from ear to ear as she dug hole all around the bottom of Rocco’s tree. “Mummy you help.” Katie looked up to Bianca before going back to her digging.

“I’m going to get the watering can and will help you water them.” Bianca said, her hand on her chest, she swallowed back wanting the sickening feeling she had to leave her.

“Okays,” Katie answered. “Will they’s be pretty ones?” Katie questioned, still digging away as Heath followed her, putting the seeds into the holes and covering them over with the soil.

“Oh yeah,” Bianca answered taking a few steps closer to her daughter and husband and bending down, resting her hand on Heath’s shoulder for balancing. “Like that picture see.” Bianca pointed to the pack that Heath was holding and he moved it in his hands so Katie could see it.

“Oh wow mummy,” Katie screeched. “They are so pretty. Yellow is nice.”

“It is huh?” Bianca questioned.

“Uh-huh,” Katie nodded. “Katie 2 could be Katie 2 yellow. You could name her yellow.”

Heath and Bianca laughed. “We can’t give her the name yellow,” Bianca told her daughter. “It’s a colour. Not a name.”

Katie furrowed her eyebrows. “It’s nice.”

“We could follow in the footsteps of Jay-Z and Beyonce,” Heath laughed. “Their kid is called Blue, right?” Bianca looked at Heath, surprised he knew that.

“Don’t give her any ideas.” Bianca said.

Katie giggled. “No I still like Katie 2 anyways.” Katie wiped her hands over her t-shirt, getting a little soil onto it.

Heath gave another laugh. “We can’t call a boy Katie 2, can we?” Heath questioned and Katie looked deep in thought for a moment before she shook her head.

“But she’s a girl.” Katie answered. “We no a boy.” Katie said.

“Well we might get a boy.” Heath said and Katie sighed before shaking her head.

“No daddy,” Katie scowled. “It’s a girl. Not a boy, okay?”

“We’ll see.” Heath said as Bianca used Heath’s shoulder to push herself up to standing.

“C’mon pumpkin, we’ll go get the watering can to water these huh?” Bianca held her hand out and Katie jumped up, taking Bianca’s hand in hers and skipping as they made their way across the garden to retrieve the watering can.

The kids burst out of the car, each of them going in a different direction at the farm. They were there to look at some puppies that were for sale, and of course all 3 of them were very excited. Charlie shut the cars doors, before taking a deep breath, putting her hand onto her chest as she felt like she was about to be sick. She’d been feeling ill all morning and Brax offered to take the kids alone, but of course Charlie wanted to be a part of the family outing. And of course it was her weekend with the children so she wanted to spend time with them, not that she minded Brax coming along, of course with them being back together. She though being out in the countryside getting some fresh air might help her sickness to ease but as soon as she stepped out the car and got a whiff of something, she felt worse. “Smell of the cattle bothering you?” The farmer laughed as he walked over to them, holding out his hand to shake. “Can be quite a strong stench at times,” The man said, shaking Brax’s hand. “You must be the Braxton’s.”

“Call me Brax,” Brax shook his hand. “This is my wife Charlie and the kids,” Brax looked around the farm. “That’s Ella patting the horse. Noah is giving grass to the cow and Toby is the one holding the chicken by its tail,” Brax shook his head at his youngest. “Toby let the chicken go,” Brax shouted across to him. “It’ll peck you and it’ll hurt.” Toby giggled as the chicken struggled, it’s wings flapping about as it tried to break free.

“Toby c’mon, we’re here to see the puppies.” Charlie said and Toby let go of the chicken, still laughing as it hurried off to join 3 other chickens close by. Toby rushed over to his parents and crashed into his mother, using her body to stop his run. Charlie once again put her hand onto her chest as she swallowed.

“C’mon petal.” Brax shouted and Ella ran over to them, Noah walking up as well. They all walked over to the barn, Toby and Noah taking Charlie’s hands as Ella skipped around a little ahead of them.

“Is that the dog?” Ella pointed to a Border Collie that as sitting outside of the barn. “It still looks so fat.” Ella screwed her face up as she clapped the dog as Noah and Toby broke free from Charlie’s hands and kneeled down in front of the dog.

“Nah that’s June my working dog,” Bruce replied. “She’s due to have pups in a few weeks but most of them will go out to farms as working dogs eh,” Bruce told them. “The pups for sale are in here,” Bruce opened the barn door and the kids went running in. “My wife’s dog,” Bruce said as the Golden Retriever came walking over to great them. The kids raced passed the older dog to the boxed off area where the puppies were. Toby leaned over and pulled one up by the scruff of the neck before cuddling him close to him, the puppy licking his face as he giggled. Ella and Noah were more careful when lifting puppies out, while Bruce grabbed 3 at the same time and put them down onto the floor. One pup running over to Toby and pulling on his shoe lace, pulling it undone, while another started running around in circles. The third pup walked over to Charlie and put its paw on her sandal before looking up at her with big puppy dog eyes.

“As you can see we’ve got 6 pups to sell,” Bruce said. “None of them are taken as you are our first viewers,” Bruce told them. “Four girls and two boys so you can decide what one you want.”

“A boy dog,” Toby said who was now rolling around the floor as two puppies were jumping over him, all three of them seeming to enjoy their game.

“No a girl,” Ella said. “A girl dog is better.”

“They are just the same,” Noah said as he clapped a puppy that was sitting on his knee. “Any one would be cool.”

“I like this little guy,” Brax bent down and patted the dog who was still sitting with his paw on Charlie’s sandal, staring up at her. The dog tried to lick at his hand and Brax gave a little laugh.

Charlie bent down and clapped the dog as it cuddled closer to her. “Seems like the dog might chose you.” Bruce gestured to the puppy Charlie and Brax were clapping. The kids looked up to the pup that was with their parents.

“Lemme see,” Toby pushed the pups from him and jumped up, running over to his parents and clapping the puppy and Noah and Ella joined them also. “I like him’s.” Toby smiled before leaning down and kissing the puppy’s back over and over.

“Is it a girl?” Ella asked hopefully as she looked up to Bruce.

“Nah that’s a boy,” Bruce told her and Ella gave a little frown but started to giggle as the puppy licked her hand. “Seems like you like him though.” Bruce said.

“Uh-huh,” Ella nodded. “He’s so cute.”

“Excuse me.” Charlie gently pushed the puppy from her before she ran quickly out of the barn. Ella screwed her face up as they heard the sounds of Charlie being sick outside.

“The smell that bad?” Bruce laughed.

“Nah,” Brax shook his head. “She’s pregnant eh.”

“Ah,” Bruce nodded his head. “Jeeze 4 little ones and a pup. You’re going to be a busy little family.”

“We’ve got 5,” Noah said as he looked up to Bruce, holding his hand out, his fingers widespread. “There’s Ruby too.”

“I see,” Bruce said as two of the puppies were pulling at his gumboot. “Well this pup is going to be spoiled with love and attention huh?” Bruce questioned and all 3 kids nodded.

“Can we name him?” Toby asked pulling the puppy closer to him.

“Toby don’t be so rough. Gentle like when we had the guinea pig, okay?” Brax ruffled his hair and Toby nodded as he patted the pup.

“Yeah you can though,” Bruce said. “He’ll need a name.”

“I will call him Mr Biscuits.” Toby announced.

“You can’t call him Mr Biscuits,” Ella said. “We will all pick one together.”

Toby furrowed his eyebrows. “He’ll sleep in my bed.”

“No,” Noah screeched. “He’s not just yours.”

“Eh daddy doesn’t recall saying we will take him yet kiddies,” Brax gave a little laugh looking outside as he heard Charlie throwing up once again. “Me and mummy need to decide first.”

“You’ll say yes,” Ella nodded her head. “Cos then why we come see?” Ella held her hands out to the side before giving her dad a cheeky grin.

“Sorry about that,” Charlie walked back into the barn, confident she was done with being sick. “I can clean it up if you wish.”

“Don’t be silly,” Bruce said. “I’ll hose it down. I hear congrats are in order though,” Bruce gestured to her stomach and Charlie glanced at Brax. “Husband here told me the news.”

“Yeah he has a habit of doing that,” Charlie murmured. “Thanks though,” Charlie put her hand onto her stomach before swallowing. “We’re not crazy are we? Getting a puppy with a new baby on the way?”

“Ah nah,” Bruce shook his head. “Besides you’ve got these ones to help. You guys will help with walking and feeding, right?”

“I’m not a guy,” Ella looked offended.

“Sorry,” Bruce apologised to her. “You guys and girls will help, wont you?”

“Yes, Noah nodded. “All the time. He’ll be the best pet.”

“Well I guess your first job is convincing mummy and daddy to let you take one home.” Bruce said and all three kids looked up to Charlie and Brax with big pleading grins on their faces, their hands clasped together as they gave puppy dog eyes. Charlie looked to the pup who was once again at Charlie’s feet, his paw one of her sandals, his eyes all big as he looked up at her. She looked to Brax and they both knew what they other were thinking. There was no way they would be able to leave without giving the pup a home.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Seventy-eight

Toby came walking through from his bedroom, his fish teddy tucked under his arm. He he’d been bathed and was ready for bed, but was promised 10 minutes extra after bath time for being a good boy and eating all of his veggies at dinner. “Mummy.” Toby climbed up onto the couch and sat on her knee. She was playing snakes and ladders with the twins as Brax bathed Toby.

“What buddy?” Charlie questioned as Brax walked into the living room from bathing his son.

“Can we call the puppy Potato?” Toby questioned and Noah and Ella started to laugh at his suggestion.

“Ehm,” Charlie gave a little laugh. “No, I don’t think Potato is a good name for a puppy.” Charlie told her son and Toby scowled. They were moving into the new house over the weekend so were going to pick the puppy up later in the week, once they’d settled in their new home.

“Chips?” Toby questioned. “Or roots?”

“Roots?” Charlie gave another laugh. “What do you two think?” Charlie asked the twins.

“Uhm....Thomas,” Noah said. “Like Thomas the tank engine.”

“Thomas isn’t really a dog’s name mate,” Brax laughed. “I like Thomas for the baby through.” Brax looked to Charlie and smiled and she smiled back, also liking the name Thomas but thinking it was rather early to be starting to think about baby names. They had the dog to name first.

“I like Toffee,” Ella said. “Or Niall like in One Direction.”

“Niall isn’t a dog’s name either.” Charlie told her daughter.

“What about Ace?” Noah said. “Cos he’ll be an ace dog or Jake.”

“I like Ace,” Toby put both hands up in the air. “Ace mummy, Ace.”

“No,” Ella screeched. “Tex is funny,” Ella gave a giggle. “Let’s call him Tex.”

“Chocolate,” Toby giggled. “Chocolate dog.”

“Why don’t we just go for the Rover, Fido, Buster name?” Brax asked and all three of the kids vigorously shook their heads.

“He needs a good name daddy,” Ella said with a sighed. “Like....”

“Pickles.” Toby giggled again.

“No Toby,” Ella scowled at her little brother. “You’re just saying silly names.” Ella sighed as she folded her arms across her chest.

“Nuh-uh,” Toby shook his head. “I good ones, ay mummy?”

“Uhm.....they’re interesting choices,” Charlie ran her hand through Toby’s hair as she spoke. “But we still have time to decide. Right, petal you go get your stuff ready for bath time and Noah buddy can you clean this game up for me?” Charlie said and Ella sighed before she ran from the room to her bedroom as Noah started to clear the game away. “You buddy have five more minutes then daddy will be putting you to bed okay?” Toby pouted sadly. “Don’t look at mummy like that either,” Charlie ruffled his hair before putting him down on the floor and standing up. “Goodnight bud.” Charlie gave her son a kiss before going through to the bathroom to get the bath ready for her daughter as Brax and the boys continued to talk about names for the puppy.

Ruby turned around in the bed, putting her hand out and expecting to find April laying there. She was a little surprised when she felt the empty side of the mattress. She turned around and picked her phone up from the bedside table and saw it was 3.22am. She put her phone back down to the bedside table and got out of bed and left the room in search for her girlfriend. She walked past the bathroom, the door opened and the bathroom vacant. She yawned as she rubbed the side of her head, walking through the cabin to the living area, seeing a glare from the porch light coming through the little gap as the front door was slightly ajar. She walked outside and saw April leaning over the porch railing, in only her panties and singlet. It was the middle of the summer and was in no way cold but Ruby was still surprised she’d gone outside like this. She walked over to her girlfriend, smiling a little as she saw the ends of her cookie monster tattoo peeking out from her panties. “Hey, you alright?” Ruby questioned as she stood close to her, her arm brushing against April’s. April gave a little shrug as she looked around to Ruby and Ruby saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

“It’s...” April pursed her lips together.

“Everything?” Ruby questioned and April gave a little nod. Ruby exhaled as she wiped the tears from April’s cheeks. “I know you’re going through a tough time but it’ll pass.”

“When?” April questioned. “Rubes I don’t want to feel like this anymore.”

“I know,” Ruby said. “But you are doing so well. You’re back at school, back to work, you’re keeping up with counselling,” Ruby gave an encouraging smile. “It’s going to take time. It’s only been a month.” Ruby tucked April’s hair behind her ear before rubbing her cheek with her thumb.

“That’s like the whole time we’ve been back together,” April sniffed back. “I’ve ruined that for you. It should be fun and romantic and instead you get a huge mess.”

“Sweets, you’ve ruined nothing,” Ruby said. “I love that we are together and I love you. Me helping you through this, it’s only going to make us stronger.”

April gave a weak smile. “I’m sorry about the lack of intimacy too,” April exhaled. “I know you would never ever hurt me like that, but...” April bowed her head down a little.

“It’s okay,” Ruby gently pushed on her chin, bringing her head up to face her again. “Take as long as you need.”

April took a deep breath as she looked out to the moonlight reflecting off the lake. “Thanks for bringing me here, it’s gorgeous.” April looked back to Ruby and gave her an appreciative smile.

“Isn’t it?” Ruby questioned, moving a little so she was behind April. She wrapped her arms around her stomach and placed a soft kiss on her neck. “I can’t wait to swim in there tomorrow.” Ruby said, her chin resting on April’s shoulder.

“Why wait until tomorrow?” April questioned. “Let’s go for a swim now.” April turned her head up to face Ruby, a glint in her eye as she smiled.

“Sure,” Ruby answered. “Let’s go get our bikinis.” Ruby let go of April as went to walk inside but April grabbed on her arm.

“Who needs a bikini?” April questioned, pulling her singlet from herself before taking her panties off. “I think it’s the perfect time for skinny dipping.” April gave a cheeky grin before she ran down towards the lake. Ruby raised her eyebrows in surprise before she took her pyjamas off and ran down to join her girlfriend.

Katie was in her Hello Kitty swimming costume, Heath filling up the paddling pool in the back garden. Katie skipped around in circles before running over to the tree where they’d planted the seeds the day before. “Mummy,” Katie shouted as she looked around to her mother as she was walking out of the house, a letter in her hand. “Mummy.” Katie shouted again as Bianca walked down to her.

“What pumpkin?” Bianca questioned as she got down onto her knees and wrapped her arms around her daughter, hugging her from behind.

“Why they not there?” Katie asked, pointing downwards.

“They need to grow first,” Bianca told her. “You’ll see them in two or three weeks.”

“Mummy that’s ages,” Katie sighed sadly. “I see them now.” Katie stamped her foot on the ground.

“Hey, you’ll need to be patient sweetheart,” Bianca kissed her cheek. “I’m sure all they will be so pretty that they will be worth waiting for though.”

“Hmm,” Katie screwed her face up, unsure. “What about Katie 2 yellow?” Katie asked. “When she coming?” Katie turned around and put her hand onto Bianca’s stomach.

“Oh not for around 7 months yet,” Bianca said and once again Katie looked less than impressed with the time she needed to wait. “But we can shop for clothes and toys and you can help mummy and daddy get a buggy and nursery furniture. You can even help daddy paint the room. You’d like that huh?”

“Yeah,” Katie beamed. “Daddy daddy I to ‘elp you paint.” Katie screeched as she ran off up the garden back to Heath, the paddling pool now filled for Katie to play in.

“Aww yeah we’ll have fun huh?” Heath said as Katie jumped into the paddling pool, nodding in response as she splashed around. Heath smiled before looking to Bianca who was walking his way. “That something interesting?” Heath said as he gestured to the letter in her hand.

“It’s from the adoption agency.” Bianca spoke quietly although Katie was too busy splashing around in the paddling pool to hear what she was saying and even if she did, she wouldn’t have any interested in the conversation since she wouldn’t have a clue what her parents were talking about.

“Oh yeah.” Heath looked intrigued.

“They want to see us next week,” Bianca took a deep breath, already feeling a little nervous. “Me and Katie.”

“Heath gave a little smile. “Just think of it like any other mother daughter day,” Heath said. “There’s nothing to worry about. You’re more than amazing with her.” Heath smiled before placing a kiss on his wife’s lips. Although it had never been something he’d thought about before – Bianca was already Katie’s mother in his eyes – he was excited at the prospect of them becoming a proper little family in time for the baby’s arrival.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Seventy-nine

Ruby, April, Adrian and Dex were sitting by the lake. They’d drank a couple of beers each and had been playing a game of Truth or Dare for the last while. The roll of a dice deciding their fate. Even numbers was a truth, odd a dare. April picked up the dice and rolled it across the towel. “2,” Dex rubbed his hands together. It was his turn to come up with April’s truth. “Uhm....okay,” Dex gave a little grin. “Have you ever or would you ever have a threesome?”

“That’s really two questions,” April answered. “Would you....have you....ask me only one.”

“Okay,” Dex sighed. “Have you ever had a threesome?” Dex said and Ruby raised her eyebrows before she looked to her girlfriend, intrigued to hear her answer.

April cleared her throat. “Yes.” April answered quietly, saying nothing more.

“Oh my April,” Ruby gasped. “Seriously, babe I...” Ruby exhaled. “This was in Cairns, I take it?”

“You really want to know about my past sexual experiences?” April screwed her face up a little.

“I don’t think we need to know every little detail,” Adrian answered. “Just the basics. Give us a bit more truth.”

April sighed before taking a drink of her beer. “It was actually the night I met Carly,” April exhaled. “I’d been seeing this girl. We weren’t like officially girlfriends or anything, you know, we were just...”

“Shagging?” Adrian questioned.

“Sleeping together, yes,” April answered. “Anyways we were out one night and met Carly and we all started talking then next thing I know we are back at Carly’s place and there’s a threesome going on.”

“Oh my and you think you know someone.” Ruby shook her head before nudging April’s arm.

“It’s always the quiet ones,” Adrian laughed before taking a drink of her beer. “Right, is it my go?” Adrian picked up the dice and rolled a 5, meaning she’d get a dare. “Ah I was really hoping for a truth.” Adrian muttered.

“Why, you got a threesome story to share?” Ruby gave a little laugh as Adrian shook her head. “Okay, babe make it a good one,” Ruby patted April’s thigh as she spoke before letting her hand rest there.

“Uhm,” April pursed her lips together. “Jump in the lake.” April said looking out to the lake before looking back to Adrian.

“That’s my dare?” Adrian laughed. “It’s like 35 degrees out and I’m wearing a bikini, of course I’ll jump in the lake.” Adrian went to stand but April spoke again, causing her to stay still.

“Jump in the lake naked.” April gave a cheeky grin before she took a swig of her beer. Adrian ran her hand over her face before she downed the rest of her beer. She stood to her feet and put her hands around the rim of her bikini bottoms, about to pull them off.

“Babe,” Dex stood up and stood in front of her. “You’re not seriously going to do this, are you?” Dex questioned.

“Why not?” Adrian asked. “We are having a laugh and you’re my boyfriend so I’m pretty sure you’ve seen me naked and they’re both girls. It’s not like I have something they don’t,” Adrian said. “Maybe you could play the supportive boyfriend and join me in my dare,” Adrian spoke softly before she raised her eyebrows. “I’m sure naked bodies plus a lake could equal good fun.” Adrian leaned forward, Dex feeling her breath on his neck.

“But they’ll see me,” Dex looked down to his crotch area and Adrian laughed. “You know.”

Adrian raised her eyebrows. “Don’t be a chicken.” Adrian said before she stripped off and ran down to the lake, jumping in and going right under. She came back up and turned around curling her finger to entice Dexter to join her.

“Aww go on Dex,” Ruby cheered him on. “Support your girlfriend,” Dex groaned before he pulled his board shorts down and Ruby gasped. “Oh my Adrian is a lucky girl.” Ruby raised her eyebrows. Dexter covered himself with his hands before running down to the lake and jumping in to join his girlfriend.

“You want to head in too?” Ruby moved closer to April and played with the string of her bikini top. April shook her head as she leaned herself into Ruby, Ruby resting her hands on April’s stomach.

“I think we did enough skinny dipping last night.” April answered and Ruby laughed before she sat there with her girlfriend in her arms, loving how well this weekend was going and how much of a smile it was putting on April’s face.

“Dinner,” Charlie shouted up the stairs to the kids. This was a weird feeling since this was the first time they’d lived in a house with stairs in. Soon enough she heard her kids bounding down the stairs, excited for some food. “Toby Michael Braxton,” Charlie bent down to his level and lifted his arm up for her to see. “What’s this?” Toby had ink all over his forearm. It was a dark green and had orange over it.

“My tattoo,” Toby answered. “I been doing it.”

Charlie rolled her eyes. “You were supposed to be putting your toys away in your toy box not drawing over yourself.”

“I be like daddy now,” Toby grinned before running off into the kitchen to show Brax his artwork. Charlie shook her head before she stood to her feet and walked in behind the kids. Brax had been into the restaurant and bought them some pizzas. Charlie didn’t need to cook on top of moving everything in to the house and she wasn’t sure they’d even brought the box with the kitchen supplies in anyways. “You seen my dragon daddy?”

“Wow that’s neat,” Brax smiled down at his son before looking up as he heard Charlie clearing her throat. “But don’t go drawing on yourself hmmm.”

Toby frowned before he jumped up onto his seat and took a slice of pizza from the box. “Do you have a tattoo mum?” Noah questioned.

“No,” Charlie said down at the table and took a slice of pizza. “I’m far too sensible to deface my body like that.”

Ella gave a little giggle. “Daddy you are not sensible.”

Brax mocked offence. “Aww petal I thought you were my little friend,” Brax gave a sad pout. “And when you were Toby’s age you wanted tattoos like daddy’s.”

“No,” Ella shook her head. “They are silly daddy.”

“I like ‘em,” Toby said. “When I’s older I will get lots.” Toby had already managed to get a tomato sauce ring around his mouth.

“I won’t get them,” Noah shook his head. “And we won’t give one to the puppy ay no?”

“Nah buddy the puppy will be safe.” Brax laughed at the image of a dog with tattoos in his head.

“You won’t get more ay no daddy?” Ella questioned before taking a drink of her juice.

“Ah I don’t know,” Brax gave a little shrug. “Maybe one day I will get all your names done.”

“Why would you get my name?” Ella screwed her face up at his idea.

“Well you are my daughter and I love you.” Brax told her and Ella stayed staring at him with a screwed up face.

“Daddy that’s just stupid.” Ella said before taking another bite of her pizza.

“Well that’s you told.” Charlie widened her eyes as she shared a glance with Brax. Brax gave a little laugh before taking a swig of his beer.

“Will the new baby have a tattoo?” Toby asked.

“No,” Charlie laughed. “What’s all this interested in tattoo’s all of a sudden?”

“Well daddy and Uncle Heath got them.” Toby answered, pulling the capsicums and mushroom from his slice of pizza.

“Yes well you are far too cute and lovely to be getting silly tattoos all over your body,” Charlie said as she leaned over the table to Toby’s plate and put a piece of mushroom back onto his slice. “Eat your veggies.”

“No,” Toby scowled. “I’ll die.”

“You won’t die,” Charlie laughed. “Eat them up good boy.”

Toby frowned as he pulled the mushroom back off his slice. “When is the puppy coming?”

“Wednesday I think,” Charlie answered. “Once we are all moved in here.”

“Is we sleeping here tonight?” Noah asked.

“Nah our beds are still at our old house.” Brax told his son and Noah sighed, looking deeply disappointed.

“Oh I know,” Ella shot both hands into the air, almost leaping out of her seat. “We can have a sleepover here.”

“Where would we sleep?” Charlie asked her daughter.

“Here,” Ella answered as if it was obvious. “In the living room. We could get our sleeping bags and have one big sleepover. All of us,” Ella pointed in a circle to everyone at the table. “Please mummy please.” Ella clasped her hands together, her eyes pleading.

Oh yeah.” Toby squealed.

“Yeah it sounds fun and we can tell stories and eat popcorn and watch a movie together.” Noah grinned, loving the idea.

“Well if daddy will drive back into town to the old house to get our sleeping bags then yes, we can do that.” Charlie answered and all three of the kids gave a big cheer.

“And me too?” Brax questioned as he looked to Charlie, unsure.

“Of course you too,” Charlie answered and Brax gave her a little smile. “But I want all your toys away first because you were supposed to be doing that but we know Toby was drawing on himself,” Charlie shook her head a little. “What were you two doing?” Charlie looked to the twins who were staring at each other, it written all over their faces that they weren’t putting their toys away.

“Playing snakes and ladders.” Noah answered sheepishly.

“Well after dinner you’ll go do as mummy and I asked or no sleepover in the living room, okay?” Brax said and all three kids nodded before continuing to eat their dinner, big smiles on their faces at the excitement for the rest of their night.

Thank you Sarah, Zoe, Spotd1 and beebee for the comments.

Eighty

The kids’ sleeping bags and pillows were in a line on the floor, as were Brax and Charlie’s. They’d managed to agree on a movie to watch relatively quickly which surprised both Brax and Charlie. “Daddy did you bring jammies?” Ella questioned as she skipped around the living room, Rosie ragdoll in her arms.

“I did, actually,” Brax said pointing to the bag in the corner of the room. “They are in there.”

“Did you bring my Hello Kitty ones?” Ella asked as she ran over to the bag and unzipped it. “Ahh dad.” Ella sighed as she pulled out her white and purple spotty night dress.

“Sorry petal I just brought the one on your bed.” Brax said and Ella sighed as she looked up to her mother.

“Don’t start,” Charlie said, knowing Ella was about to have a moan. “Most of your clothes are all packed away ready to be brought out here tomorrow anyways,” Charlie told her. “Now go get your pyjamas on and take up Noah and Toby’s and tell them to get changed and I’ll get the snacks and drinks ready for the movie.” Charlie said and Ella grabbed their pyjamas from the bag before running off up the stairs.

Charlie walked through to the kitchen as Brax followed her. She looked into the bag of snacks that Brax had bought when he was back in town. “Gummy worms,” Charlie pulled out the multi coloured gummy worms from the bag. “Toby is already crazy enough without getting him all hyped up on these.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh.

“They are his favourites,” Brax wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and gave her a smile. “We are having a nice family night. Let him go crazy.”

Charlie smiled a little as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Maybe we could have a nice night,” Charlie raised her eyebrows. “You know when the kids are sleeping maybe we could go up to the master bedroom.” Charlie gave a suggestive grin.

“The bed is still at the old house.” Brax answered.

“And since when has having no bed stopped you?” Charlie questioned, whispering into his ear, Brax feeling her breath on him. “Unless you don’t want too.”

“No no, I eh,” Brax cleared his throat. “It sounds good.” Brax smiled before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“Is you making another one?” Toby asked as he walked into the kitchen, his Nemo fish under his arm.

“What?” Brax pulled back from Charlie as he looked down to his son.

“A baby,” Toby questioned. “You kissed.”

“No we just have this one.” Charlie put her hand onto her stomach. Toby pouted before he saw the bag of gummy worms in his mother’s hand.

“Wow my worms,” Toby grinned as he jumped up and down excitedly before running over to his mother taking the bag from her. “Oh my worms. My worms.” Toby hugged the bag close to him before running back out of the kitchen, Charlie and Brax laughing as they still heard him singing about his worms.

“Get the juice boxes.” Charlie said as she pulled the popcorn from the bag and took a packet out of the box before walking over to the microwave.

“How did Toby get his gummy worms?” Noah ran into the kitchen with Ella running in behind him. Charlie hit some buttons before the popcorn started to go around in the microwave.

“Yeah what we get?” Ella stomped her foot off the ground.

“You my petal got strawberry laces,” Brax said as he took the packet from the bag and handed them to Ella. “And you buddy, you get your Rolo’s.” Brax handed him his chocolate and Noah grinned before running through to the living room with Ella.

“I like that.” Charlie gave a little smile.

“What?” Brax questioned. “That all our kids are probably going to be sick tonight?” Brax laughed as the popcorn stared popping.

“No,” Charlie answered although now it was a possibility in her mind. “Eh, Rolo. I like that name for the puppy.”

“Rolo,” Brax tested it out. “I like it,” Brax told his wife. “But we’ll need to see what the bosses think,” Brax exhaled, gesturing through to the living room where his children were.

“Yup.” Charlie answered as Ella and Toby’s voices could be heard yelling through the house. Charlie rolled her eyes before giving Brax a look.

“I’ll go.” Brax said before he walked through to sort the kids as Charlie waited for the popcorn to be ready.

Ruby put her pyjama top on before sitting on the edge of the bed, watching her girlfriend as she brushed her long dark hair. Once again she could see her tattoo peeking out from the bottom of her panties. “Would you ever get a tattoo for me?” Ruby questioned.

April laughed a little as she put the brush down on the dresser and walked over to Ruby. “Do you want me to get one?” April questioned and Ruby shook her head. “Then yeah of course I would,” April said and Ruby gave a little laugh. “No, this was just a stupid drunken thing. C’mon you don’t think I would get a tattoo if I was sober, do you?” April sat down sideways on Ruby’s knee and Ruby shook her head as she wrapped her arms around her.

“It’s still kinda sexy.” Ruby lightly rubbed April’s thigh.

“It’s a blue monster with a cookie,” April screwed her face up. “I’m a little freaked out if you find that sexy.”

“Maybe it’s just the bum it’s on,” Ruby answered. “It’s a very hot bum.” Ruby raised her eyebrows as she gave April a smile. April smiled back before she tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Ruby’s lips. Ruby smiled into the kiss letting it deepen as April wrapped her arms around Ruby’s neck. April reposition herself so she was straddling over Ruby as the kiss only continued to grow in passion and intensity. Ruby moved her hands so they were on the small of April’s back before she moved them down a little, her hands lightly caressing April’s bum cheeks. Both girls gave a little moan as their tongues crashed together.

“Mmm.” April stood up, but didn’t let the kiss break. She pulled Ruby up with her, wrapping her arms tight around her, their bodies pressing together. She ran her hands down her back before taking her pyjama top from her body and throwing it to the floor. She let her hands ran back up Ruby’s stomach, fondling her breasts when she reached them. Ruby moaned as she started placing lots of soft kisses onto April’s neck. Ruby’s hands slowly made their way down to the bottom of April’s singlet. She hesitated for a moment, unsure how far April wanted this to actually go before she removed her singlet for her body. She wrapped her arms around her and gently pushed her towards the bed, straddling over her and they continued to kiss. April removed Ruby’s sleep shorts and panties the kissing hardly breaking as Ruby then removed April’s panties before softly kissing her breasts before working her way back up to her lips, their tongues instantly darting into each other’s mouths. April ran her hands over Ruby’s back before she pulled back from the kiss and looked up into Ruby’s eyes, Ruby looking into April’s an seeing a slight look of fear.

“We can stop if you want.” Ruby gave her a soft smile as she rubbed her cheek.

April shook her head. “I want you,” April whispered. “But I...” April pushed lightly on Ruby and Ruby go off from on top of her and lay down next to her, propping herself up with her elbow on the mattress, her head in her hand. “I need to feel like I’m the one in control.” April said and Ruby gave a little smile of understanding. “I love you so much.” April said before leaning in to kiss Ruby, the kiss quickly growing in passion as April straddled herself over her girlfriend, ready to become intimate with her again.

Archived