Follow Your Heart

Guest Danni02

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Spotd1 and Sarah.

One hundred and twenty-one

It was now the day of Toby’s fourth birthday and everyone was at the beach to celebrate. There would be a barbeque lunch that was going to be cooked by Heath later in the day but right now, the kids were playing the water, under watch by Ruby and April, and Rolo was even having a little paddle in the sea. Noah was building what he called a ‘sand city’ with help from Brax, who was filling up buckets with sand for him. The babies were lying on a picnic blanket, Freya watching as Bianca held a little teddy up before them. Luca wasn’t quiet focussing on the object but his little babbles every now and then showed he was interested. “Mum,” Charlie looked up as she heard Ella’s voice. She came running up the beach, flinging herself down into the sand, the sand sticking to her wet body. “Where is uncle Heath?”

“Uhm he had to pop into the restaurant for a little bit.” Charlie told her.

“But he should be here for Toby’s birthday.” Ella said, leaning down in front of the babies, tickling both of their tummies.

“He will be.” Charlie answered.

Ella frowned as she looked beyond Charlie. “Oh wow,” Ella gasped as she pointed behind her mother and auntie. “Toby.....Toby,” Ella jumped back up and ran back down the beach towards her little brother. “Toby he really came.”Ella screeched.

Toby gasped as he saw Spiderman running down the beach, two surf boards under his arm. “Spideyman,” Toby ran as fast as his little legs could carry him up the beach and knocked himself hard against Spiderman, wrapping his arms around him. “You is my best hero.”

“Hello buddy,” Spiderman said, bending down to his level. “I hear it’s your birthday today.”

“Yeah,” Toby nodded. “I’s 4.” Toby held up 4 fingers.

“Wow, that’s the best age.”Spiderman said and Toby grinned.

“Is you really Spiderman?” Noah asked, looking at him.

“Of course I am,” Spiderman answered. “And when your mother and father here asked me to come to wish young Toby a Happy Birthday I jumped at the chance. Always nice to meet your biggest fan.”

“He is mad on you,” Ella said. “Spiderman bed covers, pyjamas, all the toys, a pillow,” Ella scrunched her face up. “I think you is stupid.”

“Yeah,” Katie didn’t stand too close to Spiderman, she looked unsure of him. “Princesses are better.”

“They are rubbish ay?” Toby said, running his hand over the Spiderman suit.

“I’m sure for little girls they are great.” Spiderman said, smiling at Katie but she looked away shyly.

“Mr Spiderman can you take your mask off so we can see the real you?” Noah questioned.

“No no,” Spiderman shook his head. “I can’t do that. I will lose my powers if anyone ever see’s me.”

“Oh no we don’t want that.” Toby said, his gaze never leaving Spiderman. Charlie smiled as she saw the look on his face and only wished Brax could see his son right now. “You gots to stay Spideyman.”

“Yes. I do,” Spiderman said. “Well I have a present here for you Toby.” Spiderman said and Toby gasped as he was handed the blue and red surf board.

“It’s the Spideyman colours,” Toby screeched as he looked to his mother. “Mummy, look see.” Toby hit his hand against the little surf board.

“I see, it’s cool huh?” Charlie smiled, glad that he seemed to like his birthday present.

“It a real surf board,” Toby couldn’t quite believe it. “No more boogie board.”

“Wow, you are a big boy huh?” Brax said and Toby nodded.

“This so cool,” Toby said. “Is you surfing?” Toby looked at the other board in Spiderman’s hand and Spiderman nodded.

“Yeah. Would you like to join me?” Spiderman said and Toby nodded vigorously.

“Yes, yes, let’s go.” Toby took Spiderman’s hand in his and the pair of them ran down to the sea together so they could surf.

“Charlie,” Brax said. “Tell me, you need to tell me what’s he’s like.” Charlie picked up on the sadness in his tone, Brax probably always going to feel upset he was missing out on seeing so much in his kids’ life.

“I’ve recorded it all so far,” Bianca told him. “I’ll get the surfing too.”

“What good is that to me?” Brax spat back at her. Originally he didn’t want Bianca there, but for the sake of the kids, he gave in and said that she could come. Bianca bowed her head down and Katie lightly rubbed her back as she scowled in Brax’s direction.

“Will Spiderman stay and maybe build some sand castles with me?” Noah questioned. “I’d like to see him too but I can’t go in the water.” Noah gave a sad sort of pout. He still had a week before he’d get his cast off.

“I’m sure he’ll stay for a little bit,” Charlie answered. “We’ll get some photo’s of you all with him so you can always remember this day, huh?” Charlie said.

“No me,” Katie shook her head. “I don’t wanna ‘member him.” Charlie gave a little laugh, finding it funny that Katie was the one who was scared of Spiderman. She reached into her bag and took out the camera, snapping some pictures of Toby out in the surf with him.

“He’s doing good daddy,” Ella told him, moving to sit on her father’s knee. Brax wrapped his arms around her as he kissed the side of her head. “He’s standing and no falling,” Ella said. “He so good at surfing.”

“Hmm he’s got his daddy’s surfing talents.” Charlie said, rubbing Brax’s arm.

“Pity I’m never going to get to surf with him now.” Brax sighed.

“You still taught him all he knows,” Charlie said. “So that little talent is because of you.” Charlie continued to rub his arm. She knew this must be hard for him but she wished that he didn’t always have to turn everything into the negative.

“Yeah,” Brax exhaled. “And by the sounds of it it seems like he loves his present?” The surf board wasn’t his only present, he’d get the rest after lunch but this was of course his main present.

“Yeah,” Noah answered his father. “He had crazy eyes when he was given it.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “Well I am glad he is having a great day.” Brax said, cuddling Ella closer to him as they all continued to watch as Toby surfed with his Spideyman.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Red Ranger 1, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah and Spotd1 for the comments. :)

One hundred and twenty-two

“Uncle Heath,” Toby ran up the beach as Heath came back down. “You missed him. You missed him.”

“I missed who?” Heath questioned, lifting an excited Toby into his arms.

“Spideyman. He really did come.” Toby said.

“Wow,” Heath widened his eyes. “That’s awesome buddy.”

“He brought me a surf board.” Toby pointed down to the gift.

“Aww wow that’s cool huh?” Heath said, putting Toby back down.

“Spiderman had the same surf board as you, uncle Heath.” Noah told him. Heath looked to Charlie before looking back to his nephew.

“Well it must a pretty good board if Spiderman uses it.” Heath said and Noah nodded.

“I no like him,” Katie told her father as she folded her arms across her chest. “He silly.”

“Aww poor Spiderman,” Heath ruffled his daughter’s hair. “But at least Toby enjoyed himself.”

“He surfed so good.” Ella said. Heath nodded, acting like this was all new information to him.

“Oh mummy,” Toby screeched. “You think Spideyman will come back for Christmas?”

“I think we were very lucky to get him once,” Charlie said, looking to Heath and giving him a thankful smile. “He’ll be a very busy man.”

Toby pouted sadly. “Maybe I surf with Santa at Christmas then.” Toby said, sitting down on his surf board.

“Santa will be even busier,” Brax told his son. “I don’t think we’ll get him.”

Heath exhaled, wondering if a Santa request would come next. “It not far to Christmas,” Katie grinned as she looked down to Freya. “Maybe I get my kitty then.” Christmas was under month away and now Toby’s birthday was over, it was time to start thinking about Christmas presents for everyone.

“Oh we are back on the kitty thing are we?” Bianca questioned and Katie nodded.

“She be for me and Freya,” Katie rubbed Freya’s forehead, Freya giving her sister a smile. “She like kitty’s. She tell me.”

“Dog’s are better,” Toby said looking around to find Rolo. He was still down at the water, close to Ruby and April who were sitting at the edge, talking as the waves gently lapped around them. “Pesially Rolo.”

“Kittys are nice too,” Ella said. “But Rolo is the best pet.”

“So,” Katie nodded. “I still want a kitty.”

“What about a puppy?” Heath suggested and Bianca widened her eyes at him, surprised he was considering a pet. “I’m more of a dog person.”

“Hmm, I think I am a cat person.” Bianca said.

“Yes,” Katie agreed with her mother. “A kitty. Not a dog.”

Heath screwed his face up. He’d never like cats. “Uncle Heath is afraid of cats,” Brax laughed. “Isn’t that right, bro?”

“No.” Heath answered.

“Is he daddy?” The twins asked at the same time through their giggles.

“Oh yeah,” Brax nodded. “When we were little the neighbour’s cat would always claw at him. Found him hiding up a tree to get away from it once.” Brax said and everyone bar Heath laughed.

“If you could see the look he is giving you right now.” Charlie laughed.

“I can imagine it,” Brax replied. “Anyways, I feel like a little swim so who wants to come in the water?” Brax said as he stood to his feet.

“Me daddy.” Ella jumped up and took hold of his hand.

“Me too.”Toby said before he started running down to the water.

“I come uncle Brax.” Katie said she too running down to the water. Brax and Ella followed after them. Charlie looked round to Heath and he gave a little nod. He stood up as he took his singlet off and threw it to the sand before running down to join them in the water.

Charlie walked into the restaurant, Luca once again in the baby carrier, this time awake and looking around the new place. “Hey,” Charlie smiled at Heath. “Thanks again for yesterday.”

“No problem,” Heath answered. “The little one had a great day. It’s going to be a hard present to top.”

“Yeah,” Charlie laughed. “Just wait till the day he realises it was his uncle Heath.” Charlie said.

Heath laughed. “Thought Noah had figured me out,” Heath said. “But I’m sure we got away with it.”

“Yeah,” Charlie replied. “I found it funny Katie didn’t want to play with you though once you were done surfing and playing with the others.”

Heath laughed. “Maybe it was my dodgy accent that scared her more than anything.”

“Oh yeah what was up with that?” Charlie laughed.

“Well I thought they might recognise my voice,” Heath gave a little shrug. “Anyways, what can I do for you today?” Heath questioned. “You’ve not come to ask for another favour have you? Like the Santa request?”

“No,” Charlie laughed. “I wanted to talk to Rose.” Charlie said.

“Was that my name being mentioned?” Rose said as she came out from the kitchen, giving Heath a smile.

“It was,” Charlie answered as she watched Rose walk behind the bar, rubbing Heath’s back as she passed him. “Look, Rose, some of your behaviour is unacceptable in the work place.”

Rose gave a little laugh. “Seriously? What behaviour?”

“The flirting, the touching, little glances, looks, smiles,” Charlie said. “It could be seen as harassment.”

“Harassment?” Rose laughed in disbelief. “Seriously, you think I am sexual harassing Heath?”

“It just has to stop or I’ll need to terminate your contract,” Charlie told her. “I’ve also took someone else on to split the workload. You’ll now be working Wednesday evenings, and Friday through Sunday lunchtime shifts,” Charlie told her. “Our new girl will be doing the other sifts.”

“You’re cutting my hours?” Rose sighed.

“You’re still getting over the minimum for your contract,” Charlie said. “I’m sorry but it’s the way it going to be and if you don’t like it then I can always find someone else to work for me.”

“No, no, I eh....I’ll do that it’s fine,” Rose exhaled before looking to Heath. “Just I very much enjoy working with Heath but he hardly ever does those shifts.”

“Yes we’ll that’s a shame,” Charlie mumbled. “Anyways I just signed for a new order so there is stock to be brought in.” Charlie said glancing at Rose. Rose exhaled before walking out of the restaurant.

“Thank you for that.” Heath smiled appreciatively.

“You are welcome,” Charlie said. “You’re new start is coming on Thursday’s evening shift. She’s called Laura, she’s in her mid forties, she’s married with 3 grown up children. I trust you won’t sleep with her?” Charlie questioned.

“Bianca is all I want.” Heath said.

“Good,” Charlie exhaled. “How are things with you two?”

“We had our first counselling session this morning,” Heath told her. “It was....well it was more of a letting the counsellor know about our past, what brought us to counselling, but I left feeling hopeful so...” Heath trailed off.

“Well that’s good,” Charlie smiled. “Anyways, I need to get to Kindy. Pick up Tobes. See you later.” Charlie said.

“Yeah bye and thanks again for helping with the Rose situation. Hopefully it makes things easier and that will be Bianca happier too.” Heath said.

“Yeah I hope so.” Charlie said before leaving the restaurant to pick up Toby from Kindy.

Thanks Chax, Sarah, Spotd1 and Red Ranger 1 for the comments.

One hundred and twenty-three

It was now Christmas Eve, and although the bath and bedtime routine took longer than usual, the kids were now asleep. Charlie had just finished feeding Luca and had handed him to Brax so he could burp him and have some cuddles. He lay his sleeping baby down in the moses basket, startled a little as Charlie wrapped her arms around him from behind, placing a soft kiss on his neck. “Oh hello.” Brax smiled as he turned to face her.

“Hey,” Charlie grinned as she kissed his lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck as the kiss got a little more passionate. “Maybe we should head to bed now too,” Charlie said. “The kids will be up awfully early tomorrow.” Charlie placed another kiss on his lips.

“Mmm yeah,” Brax whispered. “But uhm...” Brax pulled back. “Can you....you know,” Brax cleared his throat. “I thought you were supposed to wait 6 weeks.” Brax said.

“It’s suggested,” Charlie said. “It’s not compulsory and anyways, I feel fine. And he’s 5 weeks tomorrow so it’s close enough.” Charlie said, silencing him with another kiss on the lips as she walked backwards, leading Brax towards their bed.

“Are you sure?” Brax whispered. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I’m sure,” Charlie spoke softly. “Unless you don’t want to?”

“I do.” Brax smiled, running his hand under her singlet and caressing her bare back. They kissed again, the kiss quickly becoming more passionate as they pulled at each other’s clothes. Charlie lifted his t-shirt over his body before running her hands down his bare chest, teasingly running her hand along the rim of his pants. Brax moaned a little as the kiss intensified.

“Mummy,” Charlie pulled back from the kiss and looked down too see Toby had come into the room. “What you doing?”

“Mummy was about to give me an early Christmas present.” Brax mumbled and Charlie slapped his chest.

“We were just having a goodnight kiss,” Charlie told her son. “What are you doing awake?”

“Uhm I think I hear Santa.” Toby said looking up to the ceiling.

“Oh well you best get to bed then,” Brax said. “If you’re not sleeping Santa won’t leave any presents.”

“Really?” Toby gasped as he rubbed the side of his head.

“Oh yeah,” Charlie nodded, walking over to her son and taking his hand, walking him out of the bedroom and back to his room. She tucked him back into his bed and placed a kiss on his forehead. “Goodnight bud.” Charlie said.

“Goodnight.” Toby yawned. Charlie smiled at him before leaving the room, walking back down the hall to her bedroom. She walked back over to her husband, who hadn’t moved from the spot where he was standing. She gently traced her fingers over his tattoo before she softly kissed his chest, working her way up to his neck then across his jawline to his lips. Brax moaned a little as he wrapped his arms back around his wife before they fell down onto the bed, the kiss becoming more passionate.

The living room was covered in gifts for the girls. Katie had ripped her way through all of her presents and was now opening Freya’s for her. Freya was on her play mat, trying to reach some of the paper Katie had ripped from a parcel. “We don’t want to play with paper do we?” Heath cooed down at her as he lifted it into the bin bag. “All these new toys for Freya and she wants paper.” Heath shook his head as Freya squealed before giving him a smile.

“Freya,” Katie giggled. “Have this.” Katie took the little rabbit teddy from the paper she was holding and handed it to her baby sister. Freya studied it for a while before putting the ear of the rabbit in her mouth.

“Who was that from?” Bianca questioned, taking the tag from the paper before it got mixed up with the rubbish on the floor Heath was yet to pick up. Bianca read the label before writing it down on the pad of paper she was holding.

“Why are you doing that?” Heath questioned.

“So I can write thank you cards from the girls.” Bianca told him.

“You still can without keeping track of who got what for them,” Heath said. “Just say Katie and Freya say thanks for the present.”

“Don’t you think it’s more personal if I write Katie loves her new Barbie doll and Freya likes cuddles with her rabbit?” Bianca questioned. Heath muttered something before he continued to put the paper into the bag. Bianca had been pleased when Heath said he was no longer working the same shifts as Rose and although they were still far from great, things were looking up for their marriage.

“Aww is that them all?” Katie looked disappointed that she’d opened all the presents.

“There’s one left for mummy.” Heath pointed under the tree and Katie saw the envelope. She rushed over and pulled it out, running over to Bianca and climbing up onto her knee.

“I help okay?” Katie looked round to her and Bianca nodded as she let Katie open the envelope. Katie pulled out the card and looked to Bianca, not able to read it.

“A weekend away?” Bianca looked to Heath questioningly. They’d already swapped presents and she didn’t expect anything else from him.

“I thought it might do us good,” Heath told her, bending down before her and putting his hand on her arm. “Get a break from here and the girls. Just me and you.”

“Yeah.” Bianca gave a little smile.

“April will watch the girls for us,” Heath told her. “I originally was thinking of a week somewhere but April reminded me Freya is only 11 weeks and it might be too soon for you to leave her that long,” Heath exhaled. “And it’s probably a long time to leave them with April, come to think of it.”

“Yeah I think a weekend is good,” Bianca smiled before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on his lips. “Thank you.”

“You are very welcome.” Heath smiled, rubbing her cheek.

“So that’s really it?” Katie looked a little disappointed.

“I think so,” Bianca told her daughter. “I don’t think Santa would leave presents anywhere else, do you?” Bianca looked to Heath.

“Hmm,” Heath rubbed his hand over his forehead. “I’ll check the garage just to be safe,” Heath said before walking through to the kitchen and opening the door that led to the garage. “Oh wait there is something here,” Katie jumped down from Bianca’s knee as she heard Heath’s voice. She looked to Bianca, her fists clenched together as she shook with excitement. Katie gasped as she saw Heath walking back into the house with a box wrapped in Christmas paper in his hands, but minus the lid. “It says to Katie and Freya. Merry Christmas. Love Santa.”

“Oh Santa.” Katie screeched as Heath put the box onto the floor. Katie looked into it and squealed as she saw a little black and white kitten looking up at her.

“Shhh Katie,” Bianca said. “Don’t scare her.”

“Sorry kitty,” Katie reached in and picked the kitten up, cuddling it very gently. “Wow she cute and as she mines.”

“You like her?” Bianca smiled happy Katie was pleased with her.

“Oh yes,” Katie nodded. “Look Freya.” Katie sat down next to Freya, the kitten curling up in a ball on Katie’s knee. Katie clapped her and Freya watched, her eyes all wide as the rabbit’s ear was still in her mouth.

“You’ll have to get a nice name for her, huh?” Heath said.

“Mrs Kitty Whiskers Kitten Cat.” Katie said and Bianca laughed.

“Well we don’t need to come up with one right away.” Heath muttered, sharing a glance with Bianca. The both smiled at each other before looking down to Katie as she clapped her new kitty.

Toby was running around in his new Spiderman outfit, clutching onto a big bag of gummy worms. Although he got heaps of awesome gifts, the gummy worms and his Spiderman outfit was what he was most excited about. The twins were tucking into their selection boxes, eating some chocolate for breakfast, much to their amusement. Brax was sitting with Luca in his arms, rubbing his back as Luca was suffering from the hiccups. “God there is more toys in here than a toy shop.” Charlie was cleaning away all the wrapping paper.

“More clothes than a clothes shop too,” Ruby was helping Charlie bag away all the paper. “Especially for Luca bean. Could have done with triplets to get use out of all the clothes.” Ruby laughed.

“I think we’ll need to find a new house just for all this Christmas stuff,” Charlie said. “You kids are going to have to throw some old toys out I think.” Charlie yawned. It was 5.30 when Toby and the twins came into their room. Although they made them wait till 7.30 before letting them go down to open all there presents, they refused to go back to their own beds so Charlie and Brax had 3 little kids in their bed, over excited about Christmas, for 2 hours, so didn’t get much more sleep.

“That’s not fair,” Ella sighed, her mouth having a chocolate ring around it. “Just cos Santa brought us new ones we don’t need to get rid of our others.”

“Yeah we should keep them for Luca.” Noah said. Luca gave another hiccup and Toby giggled.

“That’s funny.” Toby mocked his hiccupping sound.

“Well where are you going to put them all?” Ruby questioned.

“We’ll find space.” Ella said, stuffing more chocolate buttons into her mouth. Ruby pulled her phone from her pocket as it was ringing. She smiled as she saw April was calling her.

“Hey Sweets, Merry Christmas.” Ruby said as she dropped the bag to the floor and walked out of the room to talk to her.

“Right, you 3,” Charlie looked at the kids. “Toby,” Charlie raised her voice as he continued to run around. Toby sighed as he looked to his mother. “Help mummy get rid of all this paper then we’ll get ready for going into town.” Charlie said.

“Daddy should help.” Toby gave a little jump, waving his gummy worms out in front of him.

“Daddy is helping with Luca,” Charlie said. “C’mon,” Charlie gestured for the twins to stand up. “The quicker we get all this away and get ready the quicker you guys get to go swim with Katie and Uncle Heath at the beach.” Noah jumped up, excited for his. He was no longer in his cast so was looking forward to the day at the beach and more importantly, the swimming and surfing. Toby looked to his gummy worms before looking to his siblings then up to his mother. “No one is going to take your gummy worms,” Charlie sighed, knowing Toby was worried about that. “Give them to daddy; he’ll hold them for you.” Charlie said and Toby ran over to Brax and put them on his knee before the kids got to work, helping Charlie clean away the mess they’d made as they’d threw the paper from their presents earlier that morning.

Thank you Sarah, Spotd1 and Sabrina for the comments. :)

One hundred and twenty-four

Charlie and Bianca were sitting with the babies while everyone else was in the water. Charlie was having cuddles with Freya while Bianca was holding Luca. “Heath is taking me away for a weekend,” Bianca said. “It....it should be good for us.”

“I’m sure it will,” Charlie said. “May be just what you two need.”

“Maybe it will help with...” Bianca raised her eyebrows. “Well we haven’t have sex since I was 7 months along with that little one.” Bianca gestured down to her daughter.

“Bit of a dry spell then.” Charlie said and Bianca nodded.

“5 months to be exact.” Bianca exhaled.

“Well you were pregnant,” Charlie said. “I’ve been pregnant enough to know how it can make you feel. And you know you’ve had some....issues....” Charlie bit her lip. “Maybe the plan is for this to be a dirty weekend.” Charlie raised her eyebrows.

Bianca gave a little laugh. “I think we’ll get back to being intimate again soon.”

Charlie gave a smile. “Ruby actually gave me and Brax a weekend away too,” Charlie said. “It’ll be nice to get a break. Just me and him, I can’t even remember the last time it was just me and him.”

“So you’ll go away for a whole weekend when Luca is so young?” Bianca questioned. “God, I remember with the twins it was about 6 months before you’d leave them for a night.” Bianca exhaled, lightly rubbing Luca’s back.

“Yeah well when you have your 5th child you will be glad of the offer for a break,” Charlie said and Bianca gave a little laugh. “And it’s....” Charlie bit her lip as she watched Brax out in the water with the kids. “It’s a bit more work for me now with....you know.” Charlie exhaled sadly.

Bianca cleared her throat. “Yeah I uhm....I’m sorry about that.” Of course Bianca would never stop feeling bad for what happened to Brax.

“Water under the bridge,” Charlie said and Bianca gave a little nod. “So, Katie was telling me all about Mrs Kitty Whiskers Kitten Cat.” Charlie laughed.

Bianca rolled her eyes. “That is not the cat’s name.”

“I think it’s a great one.” Charlie tried to hold back on the laughter.

“Sure you do,” Bianca sighed. “We’ll come up with a good name. And of course make it seem like Katie came up with it.”

“Yeah,” Charlie answered, her gaze still watching everyone out in the water. “Can’t believe Heath actually got her one though.”

“She has him wrapped around her little finger,” Bianca said. “Of course she was going to get a kitty eventually.”

“Well I’ve found with my kids Rolo has made them heaps more responsible. Especially Tobes. He’s a bit calmer now too.” Charlie watched as Heath flung Toby away in the sea.

“Yeah pets are good for that,” Bianca smiled. “I always wanted a pet when I was growing up. Closest I ever got was a goldfish,” Charlie laughed. “But yeah, I want to give my kids a good life and pets make them happy.”

“Toby asked for another dog when he knew Katie had got the kitten. I said no of course. 5 kids and 1 dog is more than enough for one household.” Charlie said and Bianca laughed.

“Katie asked for a little brother the other day.” Bianca said.

“Aww is she bored of Freya already?” Charlie wondered.

“Oh no she is still besotted,” Bianca answered. “She just said she wanted the next one to be a brother. I told her mummy and daddy weren’t planning on having any more babies though.”

“Ah c’mon you need to catch up with me.” Charlie nudged her friends arm.

“No no,” Bianca shook her head. “My two gorgeous girls are enough,” Bianca said. “And I do have my son. Sort of,” Bianca exhaled sadly. “He’s always going to be my little guy.”

“Of course.” Charlie gave her a sympathetic smile. She knew Bianca would often still think of Rocco and of course with it being Christmas, she knew he wouldn’t be far from her mind. She exhaled lightly before once again looking out to her family as they enjoyed their day at the beach.

Bianca was sitting outside, on the grass, her legs crossed. She was looking at the tree for Rocco and the ring of sunflowers around it, representing the miscarried twin. She was taking a moment just to remember the two little lives lost. “Hey.” Bianca looked up as she saw Heath walking down the garden.

“That was a quick Skype chat.” Bianca said, holding her hand out to shield her eyes from the sun.

“She never appeared.” Heath sighed. He was supposed to be Skyping with Darcy, something they did once a month, but today she hadn’t come online.

“Oh,” Bianca looked a little confused. Darcy always loved talking to her father and to Katie and of course to Bianca herself. “Did you try calling her mobile?”

“Darcy’s?” Heath questioned. “As far as I am aware she doesn’t have one,” Heath said sitting down next to Bianca on the grass. “I called Tegan thought but it was switched off.”

“Well it is Christmas Day. Maybe they are just busy.” Bianca suggested.

“Yeah, maybe,” Heath didn’t sound so sure. “Anyways, you alright out here?”

Bianca gave a little nod. “Just thinking about Rocco,” Bianca pursed her lips. “I wonder what he’d be into.”

“Surfing of course,” Heath answered. As if no son of his wouldn’t be. “Maybe like Tobes he’d love his Spideyman. Maybe karate with Noah...” Heath trailed off. “Wonder what he’d think of the kitten.” Heath screwed his face up and Bianca gave a little laugh.

“You know, if Rocco was here....I think it would mean Katie wouldn’t be,” Bianca exhaled. “We wouldn’t have broken up so that would have probably meant you didn’t meet Alice.” Of course Bianca didn’t want to think about Katie not existing. She couldn’t imagine her life without Katie in it, but she was just pointing out the facts.

“Yeah I guess you’re right,” Heath exhaled. “And no Katie would probably mean no kitten.”

“Yeah.” Bianca gave a little nod before they both looked up as Katie came running out of the house, the kitten in her arms.

“Mummy, daddy,” Katie said, squashing herself in between them. “She has a new name.”

“Oh yeah?” Heath rubbed Katie’s head. “What have you picked?”

“Panda Banana Kitty.” Katie said and Bianca and Heath stifled laughs.

“I don’t think Panda Banana is a good name for a cat,” Heath told his daughter. “What about something like......Jane....you know give it a proper name.”

“She's not an it,” Bianca said. “She’s a her and Jane is a proper person’s name. Not the name for a pet,” Bianca clapped the kitten’s little head as she spoke. “What about Daisy or Poppy?”

“Flowers,” Katie beamed. “Flowers a good name?”

“Uhm....” Bianca scratched the back of her head. It wasn’t like they were saying all Katie’s choices were bad or stupid but they wanted the cat to have a proper cat name, not something made up and of course when Katie was older she might be embarrassed by a name she would chose now and wonder why Bianca and Heath would let her choose that.

“Oh,” Katie flung her hand in the air before Bianca could answer her. “Rose. It a good flower name.” Katie gave a curt nod and Heath saw Bianca looked uncomfortable.

“No,” Bianca shook her head and saw that Heath had cocked his head to the side, as if questioning her no. “No, we are not calling the cat after that....” Bianca spoke quietly. “We are not calling the cat Rose.” Bianca said.

Katie frowned. “She’s my kitty.” Katie said.

“I know sweetheart,” Bianca answered. “But we want to make sure we pick a really good name, don’t we?”

“Yeah,” Katie nodded. “How about....” Katie scratched the side of her head. “Lola Pollola Bololla.”

“What about just Lola?” Bianca suggested. “Lola is good, right?”

“I think it’s a very good name,” Heath gave a little nod, looking down to the cat but not clapping it. He screwed his face up before looking to Katie. “What do you think Pumpkin?”

Katie held the cat up, so her face was looking at hers. She furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at the cat, not blinking, Katie and the cat looking like they were having a staring contest. “Yes,” Katie nodded. “Her name is Lola.”

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Sarah and Spotd1. :D

One hundred and twenty-five

Bianca looked down to the card, her lips pursed together as she read who it was from. All my love, Rose Xxx . Heath walked into their bedroom after putting Katie to bed. “You should go see Katie. She’s got Lola curled up at the end of her bed, it’s so sweet.”

Bianca looked up at Heath, her lips still pursed. “Were you going to tell me about this?” Bianca handed the card to her husband.

“I didn’t want to make it into a big deal,” Heath said, seeing what Bianca was giving him. “It was in the bin. I put it straight in the bin.”

“I know where it was,” Bianca exhaled. “This isn’t going to stop at you not working together, is it?” Bianca sniggered. “What else has she done?”

Heath sighed as he sat down on the bed next to Bianca. “Text me a few times. Well a lot,” Heath ran one hand over the other. “Wants to meet me. Say’s we’ll be great together.”

“I see,” Bianca said. “And you failed to tell me this because....”

“I knew how you’d react,” Heath sighed. “Babe you are all I want. I’ve not ever replied. I’ve never met her...I don’t ever see her at work anymore. She’ll get bored if I keep ignoring her.”

“People like Rose, they don’t get bored,” Bianca told him. “They just keep going till they get what they want.”

“Well she’s never going to get me, so,” Heath shrugged. “I’m married to you. I’m committed to you and our girls. I....I’m going to this counselling for you. Why would I go there to help fix this marriage if I wanted to be with Rose?”

“To throw me off the scent.” Bianca replied.

Heath sniggered. “So, you think I’m sleeping with her?”

Bianca shrugged before shaking her head. “No, no I don’t. Sorry. I...” Bianca bowed her head down. “I just don’t take kindly to another woman sniffing around my man.”

“Well you just remember that. That I am your man. I love you Bianca. I love you and no one else,” Heath lightly rubbed her back. “And we’ve got this weekend away soon, it can only be good for us and things....they’re getting so good again.”

“Yeah, they are,” Bianca looked up to him, giving him a smile. He smiled as he rubbed her cheek before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. Bianca smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen a little. Heath ran his hand slowly up her thigh as Bianca ran her hands over his back. Bianca sighed as Freya started to cry. She pulled back from the kiss leaning her forehead against Heath. “Could have put this house on that happening.” Bianca muttered.

“Let her cry it out.” Heath said kissing her lips again.

“No,” Bianca pulled back and stood up from the bed. “She actually needs fed anyways.” Bianca exhaled, walking out of the bedroom to make a bottle up for her daughter.

It was now New Years Eve and practically the whole town had gathered at the restaurant to celebrate. Despite there being music playing rather loudly, the babies were fast asleep in the office, Charlie and Bianca taking it in turns to check on them. Heath was dancing with Katie and Ella while Noah was dancing with April. Ruby was chatting with Dex and Adrian, while Toby was running around in his Spiderman outfit, clutching onto a bag of gummy worms, just like he’d done for most of Christmas day. Brax finished talking with Leah and Miles, asking him to put him in the direction of Charlie. “Hey baby.” Brax wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

“Hey,” Charlie smiled, turning to face him, placing a kiss on his lips. “You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m good,” Brax nodded. “Kinda glad this year is ending. It’s been amazing of course, I mean we got back together, we got a son, but...” Brax pursed his lips. “Well not everything that’s happened this year has been good, huh?”

“No.” Charlie ran her hand over his cheek.

“Where is she?” Brax questioned.

“Checking on the babies,” Charlie told him, figuring that he was asking about Bianca. “Why?”

“Send her on the balcony.” Brax said walking outside and leaning over the edge. Charlie wondered if it was wise but Brax was waiting so she’d need to comply. She walked into the office, seeing Bianca looking down to Luca.

“He all good?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah,” Bianca answered, looking up to her. “Both still sound.”

“Brax wants to talk to you.” Charlie said and Bianca widened her eyes, looking a little unsure if she wanted to talk to him. It was New Years Eve and it was going to be a great night. She didn’t need a lecture, or a telling off.

“Okay,” Bianca took a deep breath. “Where is he?”

“Out on the balcony.” Charlie said as Bianca walked out of the office. Charlie rubbed her arm before Bianca took another deep breath and walked outside, Charlie leaning herself against the doorframe.

“Hi.” Bianca said, standing next to Brax.

“Bianca,” Brax exhaled. “How’s the party?”

“It’s great,” Bianca smiled. “All the kids are having a blast, Charlie looks gorgeous. She’s in her red dress. The one that cuts at her shoulders and -”

“I know what she’s wearing,” Brax sighed, running his fingers over the metal bar of the balcony top. “What do you think of this year?” Brax questioned. “You had a good one?”

“Some things I’d change.” Bianca answered, looking to Brax.

“Clearly,” Brax replied. “But for the most part?” Brax questioned. “I mean, you did get Freya, right?”

“Yeah,” Bianca smiled. “It’s been a good year.”

“You know I’ve always believed that everything happens for a reason,” Brax said. “Charlie and I have had some tough times. A few break-ups....Tobes and Luca weren’t planned but they seemed to come right at a time where we needed strengthening and....” Brax clicked his tongue. “He’s a good kid you know, my little Luca. Easiest baby ever. He’s just so content. Doesn’t cry at all. Sleeps through 11 till 7 already.”

“Yeah,” Bianca nodded her head. “You’ve lucked out with him. Freya is a little more high maintenance.”

“Like her mother then.” Brax laughed.

“I can’t disagree with you.” Bianca replied.

Brax sighed, running his hand over the balcony top again. “You know, when I woke up in that hospital bed after the crash I....I was crushed that I couldn’t see. But not for me, I still had my life, right?” Brax questioned. Before Bianca could answer him, he spoke again. “But for my wife, my kids, my then unborn son, I....” Brax exhaled. “It’s them I’m sad for. They have to adjust to this new life just as much as me, but you know we’re doing just fine. We’re coping and....my kids still love me, Charlie she....Charlie is just my rock. She’s my everything,” Charlie put her hand onto her chest, feeling herself welling up at her husband’s words. “I know deep down this...it wasn’t....it was just my path in life,” Brax exhaled. “You weren’t completely to blame. You had a mental illness for goodness sake. I....” Brax paused. “What I am trying to say here, perhaps in a rather long winded way is, that I forgive you, Bianca. It’s a New Year so let’s put this behind us and....well your family and family is the most important thing at the end of the day, right?”

A tear had already rolled down Bianca’s cheek. “Yeah,” Bianca cleared her throat. “Uhm...that does mean a lot to me, though. Thank you.” Bianca put her hand on his arm. Brax wrapped his arm around Bianca and placed a kiss on her head.

“You are a good woman, Bianca,” Brax said. “And you make sure you fix things with my brother, eh? And if he ever cheats on you again, I’ll thump him,” Bianca gave a little laugh. “I’m being serious. He may have the upper hand because he has sight but, well I’d still kick his ass any day.”

“I’m sure you would.” Bianca smiled as she looked out at the moon that was glistening over the ocean, standing in the embrace with her brother-in-law for that little bit longer.

Thank you Sarah, Red Ranger 1, RoRo90 and Freakie42 for the comments. :wub:

One hundred and twenty-six

Charlie and Brax were going for their weekend away together. Charlie was packing some clothes for them, Luca lying on the bed, his monkey teddy he’d got on the day he was born being held loosely in one hand as his eyes looked around the room. “You going to be a good baby for Ruby and April this weekend?” Charlie questioned, looking down to her son. Luca babbled as he kicked his legs, his eyes making contact with Charlie’s face, Luca staring at her for a moment. “I’ll take that as a yes,” Charlie cooed, tickling his chin. “You going to give mummy a smile before she leaves,” Charlie continued to rub his chin trying to encourage him a little. He was 6 weeks old so around the time he should be starting to smile. “Go on baby, I know you want too,” Charlie cooed. Luca made a few little sounds before his lips started to curl, the signs of a smile slowly forming. “Yeah give mummy a nice smile,” Charlie rubbed his chin again just before Luca spit up. “Eugh okay you want to spit up instead.” Charlie reached for the burp cloth that was on the bedside table and wiped the little amount of sick from her son.

“Mummy.” Toby marched into the room, once again in his Spiderman outfit. He’d worn it pretty much every day since Christmas.

“What buddy?” Charlie put one of Brax’s shirts into the case before zipping it shut, now finished packing for the weekend away.

“Daddy said I can’t come.” Toby folded his arms across his chest, a frown on his face.

“You’re not coming,” Charlie told him. “This is just a special weekend for mummy and daddy.”

Toby furrowed his eyebrows. “Why?” Toby questioned. “I like going places.”

“I know,” Charlie gave a little laugh as she sat down on her bed, gesturing for Toby to come across. He ran across and climbed up, taking a seat on her knee. “But we need someone here to look after Luca, don’t we?”

“Oh yes,” Toby nodded his head as he looked down to his baby brother. “He needs baths and milk and cuddles.”

“That’s right,” Charlie nodded. “And you are the best cuddle giver so you need to stay, don’t you think?”

“Uh-huh,” Toby nodded. “But you get me a present?”

“No,” Charlie laughed. “You’ve just got heaps of stuff for Christmas.”

Toby frowned once again. “You get me some gummy worms?” Toby questioned.

“You’ll turn into a gummy worm,” Charlie tickled his sides and Toby started to giggle. “C’mon, let’s get down the stairs. Daddy and I are going to get going.” Charlie kissed the side of his head before he jumped down from her knee, running out of the room. Charlie stood up and lifted Luca into her arms, pulling the suitcase behind her as she left the bedroom, meeting everyone in the living room. She had final cuddles with Luca before handing him to Brax. “Right, you kiddies be good for Ruby. Do as she says, okay? Her and April are in charge so best behaviour. I’ll get reports when I come home.” Charlie said.

“We’ll be good.” Noah answered, hugging his mother.

“I know you will be buddy,” Charlie kissed his cheek. “Have some fun though huh?”

“We will,” Ella said. “We are going to bake and swim.”

“Yeah,” Noah nodded. “And I’ll teach April to surf.” Noah told his mother, not forgetting he was going to give her a lesson once his leg was better.

“Ah wow that will be fun, huh?” Charlie ruffled his hair before giving Ella a kiss and goodbye hug.

“You sure you’ll be okay with them all weekend?” Charlie questioned, facing her eldest.

“Yeah,” Ruby nodded. “Go have a nice time with Brax.” Ruby gave her smile.

“There’s plenty milk expressed in the fridge but there’s a tin of formula in case you need it, but please only go there as a last resort,” Charlie said. “And please try to get that Spiderman costume washed.” Charlie said looking down to Toby before hugging her daughter.

“I will.” Ruby laughed.

“Thanks for coming round to help April.” Charlie smiled at her.

“No worries,” April replied. “Just hope Toby doesn’t make it feel like 6 kids instead of 4.”

Brax laughed. “He’s been warned, haven’t you buddy?”

“Daddy,” Toby sighed. “I’m always so good.”

“Sure you are,” Brax rolled his eyes as he gave Luca to Charlie, knowing she’d want another kiss and hug. Ruby took the suitcase and everyone walked out to the car. “Thanks for doing this girls.” Brax said, as Ruby put the case into the boot of the car.

“My pleasure. You deserve a nice break,” Ruby hugged her step-father. “Now away you go. The kids will be fine.”

Charlie opened the car door, Luca still in her arms. She gave him a kiss before slowly handing him to April. “I’ll call you later,” Charlie said before waving at the kids, who were standing in a line on the driveway, already waving goodbye. They got into the car and Charlie turned on the ignition before belting up and turning to face Brax. “You okay?” Charlie questioned, seeing the look on his face.

“It’s just....it’s going to be a brand new place,” Brax exhaled. “Somewhere I’ve never been before, you know.” Brax sighed and Charlie could see he looked a little worried.

“You’ll be fine,” Charlie squeezed his thigh. “Besides, I am right here with you. It’s not like I’ll leave you in the middle of town and tell you to get back to the hotel yourself.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh as Charlie drove out of the driveway. She watched in her rear view mirror as Spiderman was running down the drive behind the car still waving goodbye.

“Katie,” Bianca stood in the doorway of her bedroom. “Leave Freya alone. She’s sleeping.”

“I just want a cuddle.” Katie sighed.

“You can get cuddles later,” Bianca held her hand out. “C’mon, come play with Lola.” Katie looked back in the moses basket at her sleeping sister before letting out a rather exaggerated sigh. She ran over to Bianca taking her hand as they walked back to the living room. Katie let go of Bianca’s hand as she ran over to Lola who was playing with a little ball. Katie picked up the little toy mouse by the tail, dangling it in front of Lola.

“Lola get it.” Katie said, Lola looked up and brought her paw up trying to get the mouse. Katie giggled, amused as she ran away, Lola chasing after her.

“She just winds that thing up.” Heath said, watching his daughter with the kitten.

“She’s just playing with her.” Bianca said, wrapping her arms around Heath’s waist and placing a kiss on his lips. “Shouldn’t you be getting to work?”

“Want me to leave, do you?” Heath questioned.

“No I’d rather you were here with me and the girls but we need to make money.” Bianca answered.

“Oh yeah because you are still on your baby vacation right enough.” Heath said.

“My what?” Bianca slapped his chest. “You think pushing a 7 pound baby out of your.....it’s no vacation, believe me.” Bianca exhaled. Heath just laughed before placing a kiss on her lips.

“No but you get to stay home with the girls all the time and I need to go work,” Heath sighed. “Mind you next weekend it’s our turn to go away for the weekend leaving the bubba’s with April and Rubes.”

“Hmm, I can’t wait.” Bianca grinned.

“Me either,” Heath tucked her hair behind her ear. “It’s going to be just what we need.” Heath smiled before they shared another kiss. They broke apart as there was a knock at the door. Katie ran over with Lola following, still trying to get her mouse.

“Who’s you?” Katie looked up to the woman and girl at the door.

“Darcy.” Heath was shocked to see his daughter. He ran over and lifted her into his arms, enveloping her in a hug.

“Hey dad.” Darcy smiled as he put her down.

“God you’ve grown,” Heath rubbed the top of her head. “I...wow,” He pulled her into anther hug before looking to Tegan. “What are you doing here?”

“Ehm, if we get invited in I will explain.” Tegan said, looking from Heath to Bianca.

“Who she’s mummy?” Katie pulled on her hand.

“It’s Darcy,” Bianca said, giving the girl a hug. “You know Darcy.”

“Oh the girl from the laptop,” Katie smiled up at her. “How did you get out?”

Darcy laughed. “I don’t live in a laptop. I live in New Zealand. I just spoke you to guys over the computer,” Darcy said and Katie screwed her face up as she rubbed the side of her head. “Sorry about Skype but we’ve been on a great holiday.” Darcy beamed, walking into the house as Tegan followed.

Bianca and Heath exchanged a glance before following them through to the living room. Katie jumped up onto Bianca knee as Darcy started clapping the cat, who was keen to check out the new people in the house. “So where did you go on holiday, Darce?”

“Well we went to Africa first,” Darcy beamed. “Africa, can you believe it? I saw elephants and lions and giraffes and leopards, it was so cool.”

“Real live ones?” Katie gasped.

“Yeah,” Darcy answered. “And we camped in tents in the middle of the Masai Mara.”

“Seriously?” Heath questioned. “Where the animals were just roaming around?”

Darcy nodded. “Yeah but there were guard people there with huge rifles all the time so they’d shoot an animal if they came close.”

“Wow. Still camping in the Masai Mara, that’s brave Darcy.” Bianca smiled at her stepdaughter. She looked so different from the last time she saw her in person. Of course she was 5 years old so she would be, but she was still a little shocked at the change.

“I wasn’t scared,” Darcy shook her head. “Mum freaked out a few times though,” Darcy laughed as she looked to her mother. “Anyways, after Kenya we went to America. We went to Florida and did Disneyworld and Epcot and Bush Gardens. All the theme parks, it was so much fun then we went to Hawaii. It’s so gorgeous there.”

“Wow, you’ve had a great trip then,” Heath said. “How could you afford that?” Heath questioned. Heath would always send money for Darcy when he could, but nothing that would ever allow them to go on a trip like that.

Darcy gave a little shrug as she looked to Tegan. “Hey, why don’t you ask about seeing Freya?” Tegan rubbed Darcy’s arm. “She’s all you’ve talked about since we landed in Sydney. Said you couldn’t wait to hug your baby sister.”

“Oh we no allowed.” Katie pouted sadly.

“She’s asleep,” Bianca told them. “This one likes to wake her up. You can go see her, just don’t let this one wake her yeah?” Bianca said, looking to Darcy. Darcy gave a little nod as she stood up. “Go show her Freya.” Bianca told Katie and Katie jumped down from her knee, taking Darcy’s hand and leading her through to the bedroom where Freya was sleeping.

“So,” Heath looked extremely confused. “What’s....” There were so many questions Heath had for Tegan.

“I’ll explain everything.” Tegan took a deep breath before beginning to talk.

Thanks Sarah, Spotd1 and Red Ranger 1 for the comments. :)

One hundred and twenty-seven

Bianca and Heath were waiting on Tegan to explain thing s to them. She took a deep breath waving her hand out in front of her face. “It’s hot in here.” Tegan exhaled.

“Do you want a glass of water?” Bianca questioned, getting to her feet.

“That would be great, thanks.” Tegan gave her a smile. Bianca walked through to the kitchen as Heath looked to her.

“So,” Heath said. “Are you just here for a visit or....how could you afford all that?” Heath asked.

“My health insurance paid out,” Tegan pursed her lips, smiling at Bianca as she handed her a glass of water. “I....” Tegan paused to take a long drink.

“What?” Heath was even more confused.

“I’m sick,” Tegan exhaled, looking towards the room where Darcy was before looking back to Heath and Bianca. “I uhm....its terminal. There’s nothing that they can do.”

“Oh Tegan,” Bianca gasped, putting her hand on her chest. “Are they sure?”

“Yeah,” Tegan nodded. “I uhm....they told me I had 4 months to live. That was 3 months ago. We found it too late to do anything I...I just wanted to give Darce a good last few months with me so this last month we’ve been on this trip.”

“But you don’t look sick,” Heath said. “You look.....you look like you.”

“Yeah well there’s nothing a lot of make-up won’t do.” Tegan replied, looking down sadly.

“What does...how’s Darce coping?” Heath asked, knowing this would be hard enough for anyone to cope with, let alone a 13 year old girl.

“She doesn’t know,” Tegan shook her head. “How am I supposed to tell my daughter I am dying?” Tegan started to well up and Bianca moved onto the couch, wrapping an arm around her, rubbing her back in comfort.

“I wouldn’t have a clue,” Bianca spoke quietly, shocked at Tegan’s news. “But she needs to know. She’ll at least be a little more prepared when you...” Bianca paused not able to say it. “When it does happen.” Bianca eventually said.

“I can’t,” Tegan shook her head, looking up to Bianca. “She’ll stay here with you, right? Her father, her stepmother...you’ll look after her.”

“Of course we will,” Heath answered, feeling himself chocking up. “But I...it’s not that I don’t want her but....her friends, her school, her life is in New Zealand. She’s going to be devastated that you are gone and then she has to come and live here, with a family she hardly knows now.”

“That’s why we are here now,” Tegan told him. “So you can get to know each other again. She has her sisters here...she’ll start at the high school and make new friends in no time and there’s Skype to keep in touch with her New Zealand friends. She needs to be here with you, Heath.” Bianca and Heath exchanged a glance before looking back to Tegan.

“What about you?” Bianca asked. “Where will you go?”

“Back to New Zealand.” Tegan answered.

“And die alone?” Heath questioned. “No, you can stay with us until you...” Heath stopped talking. He didn’t want to say it. He took a deep breath trying to compose himself. It wasn’t like he still had feelings for Tegan, but she was the mother of his child and of course he cared about her wellbeing, despite the fact she took his daughter away from him 5 years ago now.

“I don’t want Darcy too see me die.” Tegan sniffed back.

“Granted it’ll be hard for her but how is she going to feel if you just up and leave her here?” Heath questioned. “At least stay here a few days. Think about being here for our daughter up till the very end, yeah?” Heath questioned.

“Yeah, don’t make any rash decisions.” Bianca said.

Tegan took a deep breath. “A few more days. I’ll give her a few more days.” Tegan answered, smiling up at her daughter as she came back into the room, beginning to tell her mother about baby Freya.

Brax was sitting on the balcony of the hotel room. Charlie walked out to join him, putting two beers down on the table. “I’ll probably get drunk on that one beer it’s been so long since I’ve drank so no taking advantage tonight, Mr Braxton.” Charlie said.

Brax gave a little laugh. “Didn’t think you would drink even one to be honest,” Brax said, reaching for one of the beers. “You’re still breast feeding.”

“Not this weekend I am not,” Charlie said. “And it’ll be well out of my system by the time I feed Luca again.” Charlie picked up the beer and took a drink.

“So you won’t get our 6 week old drunk?” Brax said. “That’s good.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “No Luca won’t get to experience being drunk just yet,” Charlie answered. “But still, I am only having the one.”

“All the more for me then.” Brax laughed before they clinked the bottles together, both of them taking a drink. Charlie looked out to the view and exhaled, wishing Brax could see it.

“It’s so gorgeous here,” Charlie told him. “Remember when we went to Byron Bay when the twins were little?” Charlie asked and Brax nodded. “It looks a lot like that here,” Charlie told him, wanting Brax to get a good picture of where they were. “Except instead of a family room we have more of a love nest,” Charlie grinned. “King size bed, Jacuzzi bath, chocolates and champers in the fridge for later.” Charlie rubbed his thigh.

Brax raised his eyebrows. “Thought you were only having one beer.”

“Well...maybe a little bit champagne too,” Charlie answered just as her phone beeped, indicating she had a message. “It’s from Rubes,” Charlie told him. “It’s a video message.” Charlie read the title; “Luca’s first smile” and her heart sank. She played the video, seeing Luca on his play mat, gurgling as the little lion rattle was moving back and forth, Toby doing a good job of pushing it for him. Ruby was talking to him before a big smile broke out onto his face. Charlie smiled but felt sad that she’d missed it.

“What is it?” Brax questioned. Before Charlie answered her phone beeped again. She opened the message and read over it. Sorry you missed it but at least I was recording him at the time. Hope you two are having a great time relaxing and try not to think about the kids too much. This is your break from all that. Xxx .

Charlie exhaled before putting her phone down on the table. “I knew it was going to happen soon,” Charlie sighed. “We missed it. We missed his first smile.” Charlie spoke sadly.

“Well to be fair I was always going to miss it.” Brax ran his hand over the table’s edge.

Charlie rubbed his arm gently. “Sorry,” Charlie said. “But I should have been there for that.”

“I know but he’ll smile again,” Brax told her. “Now he’s learned it he’ll smile for his mummy all the time. And it’s not like you’ve missed out on any of the other kids’ first smiles and you know, he has so many more first to come that you’ll be there for.”

“I know but this was my last first smile.” Charlie sighed.

“Well you’ve got the last first giggle, the last first time crawling, walking, the last first word to look forward too,” Brax spoke softly. “Think how great it’ll be when we hear dada for the first time.”

“You mean mamma?” Charlie corrected. “He is so going to say mamma first.”

“Ahh no,” Brax shook his head. “He’s my little guy. It’ll be dada for sure. He’ll do good and follow in Ella’s footsteps.”

“No chance,” Charlie shook her head. “Mamma’s boy number 3 for sure,” Charlie told him. “So, unfortunately for daddy, like his brothers, I think he’ll say mamma first.”

“Well we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?” Brax questioned and Charlie murmured a yes before taking a drink of her beer. “Anyways, this weekend is supposed to be for us time so let’s try and talk about something other than the kids, yes?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded. “We can talk about how much I love my sexy husband.” Charlie leaned forward and placed a kiss on Brax’s lips.

“See that beer has gone to your head already.” Brax joked.

“Shut up.” Charlie slapped his chest before they once again met in a kiss.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Sarah and Spotd1. :)

One hundred and twenty-eight

Freya’s stirring brought Bianca into the room. “I no did it.” Katie said before she ran out of the room, proving her guilt. Bianca shook her head in Katie’s direction before walking over and standing next to Darcy who was looking lovingly down at Freya who had settled herself back to sleep.

“What did she do?” Bianca questioned.

“She poked her side a little,” Darcy answered. “She’s gorgeous though. Looks just like you.”

Bianca smiled lovingly at her daughter. Although now she loved her more than anything she might not have said that during the first month of her life. “I think she looks like Rocco,” Bianca told her stepdaughter. She’d never mentioned this before but had always thought it. "She has the same shaped chin and the nose, their noses were the same.”

“I thought so too,” Darcy said. “But I didn’t want to say because....you know.” Darcy looked up to Bianca.

“Do you remember much about Rocco?” Bianca questioned. Darcy was only 6 at the time and she only got to go to Heath’s place when Tegan said so, which dependant on Tegan’s mood, would vary in time each month.

“He had really big eyes,” Darcy said. “And he liked cuddles and when I played peek-a-boo with him, he’d always laugh at that. He had such a cute little laugh.”

“Yeah he did.” Bianca exhaled, fondly remembering the 7 wonderful months she spent with her son.

“Maybe Freya will be the same,” Darcy smiled. “I could babysit, you know,” Darcy said. “My friend Daisy, her big sister has a little boy who’s about one. We love to help with him,” Darcy bit her lip. “Bianca will I get my own bedroom here?”

“What?” Bianca was a little confused at Darcy’s question.

“I know,” Darcy said. “I know about mum. I know why we are here,” Darcy took a deep breath and Bianca saw her eyes gloss over. “She thinks I don’t know but I do. I’m not stupid. I’m not a little kid. I’m almost 13,” Darcy sighed. “So, will I be staying here?”

Bianca took Darcy’s hand and led her over to the bed. They sat down, Bianca running her thumb over Darcy’s hand. “We are your family, Darce. Of course you are going to stay with us.” Bianca and Heath didn’t really need to talk it over with each other. Darcy was family and they would never turn their backs on her.

Darcy sort of smiled at the news that she would be welcome. “Why won’t mum tell me?”

“I....” Bianca shook her head. “I don’t think it’ll be a very easy thing to talk about, do you?” Bianca questioned.

Darcy shook her head as she looked down. “I guess not,” Darcy mumbled. “Maybe...maybe the New Zealand doctors got it wrong,” Darcy said, facing Bianca again. “She could see a doctor here and maybe she’ll be okay,” Darcy’s voice broke as a tear fell from her eye. “Please tell her to go to a doctor here. I don’t want her to die.” Darcy started to cry and Bianca felt a lump her throat, choking back tears herself.

“Oh Darcy sweetheart.” Bianca enveloped the girl in a comforting hug, not knowing what to say to help make her feel better, so this hug was the best she could offer right now.

Ruby walked back into the room from putting the twins to bed. She smiled as she saw her girlfriend sitting on the couch, Luca in her arms as she fed him. “Hey,” Ruby leaned down and kissed her cheek before sitting next to her, smiling down at Luca. “You enjoying your feed my little Luca bean?” Ruby rubbed his forehead.

“I think he’s still a bit unsure about this whole bottle feeding thing.” April answered, looking down to him.

“He’s taking his milk so can’t be that bad.” Ruby said before staring at April, giving her a smile.

“What?” April questioned.

“It suits you,” Ruby gestured to Luca. “This mummy April thing, it’s....” Ruby exhaled. “It’s nice to see.”

April smiled weakly. “We could have had a baby. A little guy like Luca or a daughter just like Freya,” April exhaled, her decision to have an abortion still getting to her a times. Maybe it was something that would never leave. Something that would be with her for life. “You’d have loved my ra....” April took a deep breath. “My non-consensual sex baby, right?” April questioned.

“Without a doubt,” Ruby spoke softly as she rubbed April’s cheek. “But when the time is right we’ll get pregnant and I will love all the little cherubs you sprout for us.” Ruby grinned.

“That I sprout?” April questioned. “What happened to the one each plan?”

“Well with all the medication that I am on for my kidney problems and my diabetes it’s probably safer for me not to have children,” Ruby said. Of course she would love to have a child of her own but she did need to consider if it was safe for both her and the foetus. “And anyways, you are always saying I am the butch one so you are the stay at home mummy while I bring the bacon home.” Ruby grinned cheekily.

“Uhm pretty sure a doctor will make more money than a music teacher.” April said. Ruby had just graduated from her music degree before Christmas but was going back to uni for a further year to allow her to teach music.

“It’s not all about the money.” Ruby replied.

“Ruby.” Ruby turned her head as Toby came walking into the living room, rubbing his tired eyes.

“What’s up buddy?” Ruby asked as he climbed up onto her knee.

“Uhm....” Toby rubbed the side of his head. “There’s a monster in my room.”

“No there’s not,” Ruby replied. “There’s no such thing as monsters, isn’t that right Sweets?” Ruby said looking to April.

“I don’t know, your sister can be a bit of a monster if you wake her up to early.” April said and Toby giggled. Ruby flashed her scowl before looking back to Toby.

“C’mon buddy, I’ll take you back to bed.” Ruby stood up from the couch carrying Toby in her arms.

“No Ruby,” Toby squealed. “The monster will get us.”

“Does Spideyman run away from the bad guys?” Ruby questioned as she walked up the stairs with Toby trying to grab the stairway banister to stop Ruby moving.

“No he fight them.” Toby made fists with his hands.

“Well let’s go fight them like Spideyman would.” Ruby said.

“Yeah,” Toby screeched. “I get you monster.” Toby shook his fist in the air and Ruby stifled a laugh as she walked Toby back into his bedroom.

Charlie and Brax were in the lift, going up to the 12th floor where their room was after a nice meal. Charlie was looking at the buttons where the numbers were displayed, staring at the braille. She sucked in her bottom lip, before looking up to Brax. “What you thinking?” Brax questioned.

“How did...” Charlie mumbled.

“When I can’t see my other senses heighten,” Brax told her. “So, what’s on your mind? You still sad about missing Luca’s first smile?”

“No. Well yeah I’m sad I missed it but,” Charlie bit her lip, taking Brax’s hand and walking him out the lift, towards their room door. “What do you think about learning braille?”

“What, all the dots?” Brax questioned. “Why would I want to learn that?”

“So you could read.” Charlie said as she opened the door to their room, walking in a flinging her bag down on the chair.

“And when have you ever seen me read?” Brax laughed.

“Well you read to the kids,” Charlie answered. “So you could read them stories and I dunno.....if the kids ever needed medicine, there’s often braille on the side of the box,” Charlie told him. “It will give you more independence.”

“So you’re sick of helping me?” Brax questioned putting his hand out find the edge of the bed before taking a seat. “I know I made you read me the menu loads of times tonight but there was just so much choice I forgot half of what you said.”

“Of course I’m not sick of helping you,” Charlie sat down next to him. “I just thought you might like to learn it. It could be useful for you.”

“But the kids are liking the stories I make up,” Brax told her. “And I enjoy it too. And they often add things to the stories so it’s helping with their imaginations too. Charlie, I don’t want to learn braille. Please don’t make me.” Brax looked up to her, his face showing he really didn’t want to do it.

“I’m not going to make you,” Charlie rubbed his arm. “It was just a suggestion. If you don’t want to that’s fine.” Charlie exhaled.

“I don’t.” Brax shook his head.

“Okay,” Charlie leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “Now how about we have a nice relaxing bath before bed?” Charlie questioned. “Finish off that champagne?”

“Now that’s a suggestion I like the sound of.” Brax grinned before sharing another kiss with his wife.

Thank you Spotd1, Red Ranger 1, Sabrina and Sarah for the comments. :D Hope you all have a lovely Christmas.

One hundred and twenty-nine

Ruby and April were lying in bed, Ruby strumming on her guitar as she sang the song she’d written for April. “Mmm,” April sighed dreamily. “You are so cute when you sing for me.” April smiled at her girlfriend.

“You’re just cute all the time,” Ruby replied before kissing her cheek. “In fact you have inspired me to write another song.”

“Oh really?” April questioned.

“Mmm,” Ruby nodded, putting her guitar down on the floor at the side of her bed. “It’s called my girlfriend has a monster tattooed to her butt.” Ruby said before she started laughing.

“Not funny.” April slapped Ruby’s arm.

“I disagree,” Ruby continued to laugh. April glared at her before reaching to the side and switching off the side light. She lay down in the bed, getting herself comfy to sleep. “What are you doing?” Ruby questioned, also lying herself down in the bed.

“Going to sleep.” April answered.

“I can see that,” Ruby answered. “I meant why are you all the way over there?” Ruby questioned. “Come be my little spoon,” Ruby turned onto her side and patted the mattress in front of her. April wriggled over in the bed and snuggled against Ruby. Ruby wrapped her arm over April’s body and placed a kiss on the back of her shoulder. “Goodnight sweets. I love you.” Ruby whispered.

“I love you too.” April replied. They both closed their eyes to sleep, and had almost drifted off when the door creaked open.

“Ruby.” Ruby muttered something under her breath before sitting up in her bed as April reached forward and put the side light on.

“What’s wrong now bud?” Ruby rubbed her head as Toby climbed up onto the bed.

“I want mummy.” Toby told her, crawling over to his sister.

“You can’t get mummy,” Ruby answered. “Her and daddy have gone away for a couple of days.” Ruby wrapped her arms around Toby.

“But I want her,” Toby said, his voice sounding like he was about to cry. “April you get me her.”

“I can’t buddy,” April told him. “Like Rubes said she is away for the weekend. But you get to have lots of fun here with me and Rubes. And Noah, Ella and Luca. He needs a bath tomorrow so you’ll help with that, huh?” April rubbed his cheek. “And we will go to the beach and hey, how about we get pizza from the restaurant for dinner tomorrow?”

“Yeah.” Toby grinned.

“See, you are going to have too much fun with us to have time for mummy hmm.” April rubbed his cheek.

“I still miss her,” Toby answered. “We buy her gummy worms?”

April laughed. “I think the gummy worms would be more for you, huh?”

“She like ‘em too,” Toby nodded his head. “Ay Ruby?”

“I’m not so sure.” Ruby answered, running her hand through Toby’s curly locks.

“Yes.” Toby nodded again.

“How about we get mummy some flowers to let her know how much you missed her?” April questioned and Toby grinned, seemingly loving that idea.

“Yeah she like roses,” Toby told her. “We get them her.”

“We will,” April told him. “But you need to go to bed right now, okay?”

“Okays,” Toby sighed. “I sleep here.” Toby crawled in between Ruby and April, lying down to sleep. Ruby sighed as she glanced at her girlfriend.

“Goodnight.” Ruby mouthed before they both lay down to sleep.

Charlie gave a big stretch as she woke up, turning around in the bed to face her husband. She traced her fingertips over the letters of his ‘blood and sand’ tattoo. “That’s tickly,” Brax said, his eyes staying shut. Charlie stopped and rested her hand out against his chest. “I didn’t say you had to stop.” Charlie smiled as she continued to trace his tattoo.

“What do you fancy doing today?” Charlie questioned.

“Uhm, you are the one that’s read what there is to do,” Brax replied. “So why don’t you tell me?”

“We can go to the spa, the beach, we can shop.” Charlie grinned.

“Wipe that grin off your face,” Brax said. “We didn’t come here to shop.”

Charlie exhaled. “We can go on a nature walk. There’s supposed to be some lovely sights to see in this area and there’s even a chance of whale spotting if we look from the...” Charlie trailed off, pursing her lips. Even though Brax had been blind for nearly 2 months now there were still moments where Charlie would talk like he wasn’t, so course it taking a lot of getting used to. “Oh there’s a vineyard. We could go wine tasting.” Charlie suggested.

“You said you were only having one bottle of beer this weekend and so far you have had two bottles of beer and half a bottle of champagne.” Brax exhaled turning his head to face Charlie, finally opening his eyes.

“Well.....” Charlie gave a little shrug. “Anyways we could go kayaking on the lake. There’s heaps of stuff we could do there.”

“I dunno,” Brax shrugged. “There’s heaps of stuff you could do. It’s all going to be harder for me.”

Charlie exhaled as she continued to trace his tattoo. “You can still do most things,” Charlie said and Brax sighed, sounding unsure of himself. “Oh, I know. It’s something we haven’t done in a really really long time.”

“I wouldn’t call last night a really really long time ago,” Brax replied. “Unless I went home with another women thinking she was my wife.” Brax grinned cheekily and Charlie slapped his chest.

“I’m not talking about that,” Charlie told him. “I think we should go really crazy and get this.....lie in,” Charlie said and Brax smiled, amused by her suggestion. “Think about it, when was the last time we had a good lie in?”

“Probably when you were pregnant with the twins.” Brax answered.

“Exactly so let’s go crazy and not get out of bed till like......eleven.” Charlie said.

Brax gave a little laugh. “Sounds good to me.” Brax kissed her forehead before they snuggled together, enjoying the fact they could be lazy and have some extra time in bed.

Katie was staring up at Tegan as she sat with them on the beach. Darcy and Heath were out in the water, Darcy keen to show her father her surfing skills, something she’d still kept up after moving to New Zealand. Tegan and Darcy had spent the night at Heath and Bianca’s place, staying in April’s room given that she was at Ruby’s for the weekend. “You stole April’s room.”

“She didn’t steal her room,” Bianca told her. “April isn’t using it this weekend so Darcy and Tegan will be.”

“What when April is home?” Katie asked.

“I’ll be leaving.” Tegan answered and Bianca exhaled, really wishing that Tegan would stay.

“With Darcy?” Katie pouted. “I like her. I’m happy she’s no in laptop anymore.”

Bianca laughed. “She was never in the laptop Katie,” Bianca said. “And Darcy is going to be staying with us from now on.”

“But you is her mummy,” Katie gasped, putting her hand on Tegan’s leg. “You no leave her.” Katie shook her head.

“I don’t want too,” Tegan exhaled. “But I am sick.”

“Oh,” Katie said. “Mummy had a ladybug and she went to hospital and they tooked Freya out of her tummy and she wasn’t sick no more.” Katie shook her head.

“I’m not pregnant,” Tegan replied. “I’m just very sick and I will go to heaven very soon.”

“You want to be an angel?” Katie questioned. “My brother is in heaven. You could see him,” Katie looked up to the sky as she pointed upwards. “Rocco him name, okay?”

“Rocco,” Tegan nodded, feeling herself welling up. “I’ll look after him.”

“Yeah, that’s good ay mummy?” Katie looked to Bianca who felt too choked up to reply so she nodded instead. “Oh but if you be an angel Darcy will be to sad and have no mummy.” Katie looked distraught at the though.

“She’s going to have Bianca,” Tegan looked to Bianca who lightly squeezed Tegan’s arm. “She’s a pretty good one, huh?”

“The bestest.” Katie nodded.

“And you will be a very lovely little sister for her,” Tegan took a deep breath to compose herself. She’d woken up feeling worse that she normally did and she knew the day was coming soon. “And little Freya.” Tegan gestured to the pram where Freya was napping.

“She is good,” Katie answered. “My little sister.” Katie grinned proudly. Tegan smiled before looking out to the ocean, watching her daughter riding a wave. She felt sad that she was going to miss out on so much of her life. Her thirteenth birthday, the day her little girl would become a teenager. Her first crush, mending her first broken heart, seeing her on her wedding day, seeing her pregnant and giving her grandchildren. She wouldn’t be there for that. She was pleased she’d have someone there for her; she’d always liked Bianca and knew she’d be there for Darcy just as much as she would for Katie and Freya.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Spotd1, Sarah and CharlieAndBraxLover for the comments. :)

One hundred and thirty

Ruby opened the boot of the car, pulling out beach toys, giving them to the twins and Toby to help carry. “God how do mum and dad do this?” Ruby exhaled as she pulled herself up on the boot, standing there to get the surfboards down from the rack on the top of the car and unclipping the first board.

“Because they are so brilliant,” Ella took a bag full of beach things from April before running towards the beach. April took the end of the surf board, leaning it down against the car before helping with the other two.

“Just be glad your parents left the big car,” April said, taking Ruby’s hand as she jumped down to the ground. “Otherwise we’d have needed two today.” Charlie and Brax had a car big enough for all the children, but had used to smaller one for over the weekend, of course leaving the big one for Ruby and April. Ruby exhaled as she handed a bucket filled with a spade, rake and other toys down for Toby to take.

“I have no more hands.” Toby said, already holding a beach ball and some bats and a smaller ball. Ruby took out the stuff in the bucket and turned it upside down, putting it on her brother’s head. Noah shrieked with laugher and Toby looked amused before he walked down the beach to join Ella.

“I’ll take them for you Ruby.” Noah told her.

“You have enough bud,” Ruby answered. “You already look like a pack horse,” Ruby and April laughed but Noah just screwed his face up. “Go join the others.” Ruby gestured and Noah started to walk down to the beach. Ruby put the spade and things on top of the picnic basket before she picked up hers and Toby’s surf boards, holding them under one arm. April picked up Noah’s surf board before Ruby and April each took an end of the picnic basket and walked down the beach to join the kids.

“I think we might have brought a bit too much.” April said as they put the picnic basket down, the surfboards also falling from their grips. Noah opened the picnic basket and took out the blanket, getting it neatly laid out on the sand.

“Nah I feel like I have forgotten something.” Ruby rubbed the side of her head.

“The kitchen sink, maybe?” April laughed.

“Haha,” Ruby said. “No, I’m being serious. We have forgotten something.”Ruby sucked in her bottom lip, trying to think of what it was she’d thought they’d forgotten.

“It’s Luca.” Ella giggled.

“Luca bean,” Ruby widened her eyes as she shot back up to the car. “Aww bubba I’m sorry,” Ruby lifted Luca out of the car seat, Luca looking up to her with his big green eyes. He gave a babble before he waved his arms and gave her a big gummy smile, obviously happy to see her. “We won’t tell mummy I forgot about you, will we?” Ruby cooed before she kissed his forehead. She closed the car door and walked back down to join the others on the beach.

“Let me cuddle with him.” Ella held her hands out and Ruby passed Luca down to her. Ella occasionally still had moments where she didn’t seem to like Luca much but they were lessening over time, now she was more used to the fact she had another brother.

“Ruby,” Toby crawled over and sat on her knee. “Can you take me surfing?” Toby asked.

“Later,” Ruby answered, seeing Noah and April had already gone down to the water’s edge, Noah now giving April the surf lesson they’d talked about. “April has my board right now.”

“She can no surf.” Toby giggled.

“Noah is going to show her how.” Ruby said, smiling at the cute scene of April and Noah at the edge of the water, Noah using a lot of hand gestures as he spoke and April listened intently.

“Oh. He be real good,” Toby said. “Mummy should surf,” Toby giggled at the thought. “Be funny ay Ella?”

“Yeah,” Ella answered. “But she’s a mummy. She can’t surf.”

“She could if she wanted to,” Ruby answered. “But mummy prefers chilling on the beach and watching all us kiddies surf.”

“Daddy no surf no more,” Toby sighed. “I wish him to with me.”

“I know bud,” Ruby ruffled his hair. “But it’s not possible for daddy to surf anymore. It would be too dangerous because he can’t see.”

“No his eyes are broken.” Toby sighed.

“Why can’t he just get new eyes?” Ella questioned her eyes on Luca as she continued to hold him.

“Yeah,” Toby agreed with his sister. “Noah’s broked leg was fixeded with a cast so daddy can get an eye cast to fix them.”

“It doesn’t work like that,” Ruby said. “If you’re eyes break as bad as daddy’s did then there’s nothing that the doctor can do to fix them.”

“That’s rubbish.” Ella sighed.

“Yeah.” Ruby exhaled before going back to watch April and Noah’s surfing lesson, Ella and Toby watching with her.

Heath and Tegan walked into the restaurant, Freya being carried in Tegan’s arms. Bianca, Darcy and Katie were using the restroom before they’d join them at the table. Bianca really wasn’t keen on going to eat there, knowing Rose would be working but Darcy really wanted to eat there with everyone and Bianca couldn’t say no, not when the girl’s mother was about to die. “Well hello Heath,” Rose flashed him a smile. “Long time no see. How was your Christmas and New Year?”

“Good,” Heath answered. “Can we have a table?”

Rose looked to Tegan before looking back to Heath. “Do you get all the women you are sleeping with to look after Bianca’s spawn?” Rose questioned and Tegan opened her mouth in shock.

“This is Tegan. She is the mother of my eldest daughter and we are not sleeping together.” Heath replied.

“Well you slept with her at one point,” Rose said, patting his arm. “Nice to know I’m the only other woman for you though.” Rose grinned as she pointed to a table set for two.

Tegan glared at Heath, shocked at what Rose had said. “I’m not sleeping with her,” Heath looked at Tegan as he spoke. “And we need a table for 5.” Heath walked over to a bigger table, Tegan and Rose following.

“Well we did once,” Rose said. “Amazing, isn’t he?” Rose smiled, resting her hand on his shoulder as he took a seat. Heath shrugged her away but she put her hand right back there again. “And we will again, my hunky man,” Rose leaned down, Heath feeling her breath on his neck. “Just say where and when and I’ll be there,” Rose whispered in his ear. Heath once again shrugged her away. “I’ll just get you some menu’s.” Rose said before walking away.

“What the hell was that all about?” Tegan asked.

“I made a stupid mistake and cheated on Bianca with her,” Heath looked down, still embarrassed by what he’d done. “Now she’s gone all crazy lady on me. Sending me a soppy Christmas card, always texting me about meeting, flirting, wanting to....” Heath shook his head.

“I can’t believe you cheated on Bianca.” Tegan gasped.

“She turned my brother blind.” Heath retorted.

“That doesn’t give you the right to sleep with someone else,” Tegan retorted. “How could you do that to Bianca?”

“I hate myself for it, okay?” Heath replied. “But Bianca and I are working through things. She’ll stop this once she gets the message I’m not interested.”

Tegan looked at Rose before looking back to Heath. “No she won’t. She’s got crazy written all over her.”

“Well what the hell am I supposed to do?” Heath asked.

Tegan gave a shrug. “It’s your mess to sort. I’m not spending my last days with my daughter getting caught up in this.” Tegan said. Heath sighed as Bianca, Darcy and Katie came into the restaurant.

“Hey pumpkin,” Heath smiled as Katie climbed up onto the seat next to him. “You all good?”

“Yeah,” Katie nodded. “I had a poop.” Heath and Tegan stifled laughs.

“Uhm sweetie we don’t need to tell people about our toilet habits, okay?” Bianca said, sitting down at the table as Darcy sat next to her mother. Bianca glared at Rose as she appeared back over with the menus.

“It just a poop.” Katie held her hands out to the side, not sure why what she said was so wrong.

“Just give me a shout when you are ready to order.” Rose rubbed Heath’s shoulder as she spoke, smiling smugly in Bianca’s direction. Bianca bit her tongue, not about to let Rose ruin the good time she was having with her family.

Charlie took Brax’s hand and led him down the sand towards the water. “Charlie, where are you taking me?” Brax questioned.

“You’ll see.” Charlie told him, continuing to walk down the sand.

“Well actually no I won’t,” Brax answered. “I don’t like walking and not knowing where I am going.”

“You know where we are.” Charlie told him.

“Well I think we are on the beach. I mean, we are walking on sand,” Brax said. “So either that or we are walking on a rather larger bunker on a golf course.” Charlie gave a little laugh at what Brax said.

“The former,” Charlie said, rubbing her thumb over his hand. “We are going for a little swim,” Charlie told him, just as their feet hit the water. Charlie kept a hold of his hand as they walked further into the water, Brax stopping as the water reached his pecks. “Why did you stop?” Charlie wrapped her arms around his neck, her body pressed up against his.

“I’m not going to be able to stand soon.” Brax replied.

“You will where I’m taking you,” Charlie answered. “C’mon,” Charlie started to swim, wanting Brax to swim out with her. She turned around, seeing he was still standing at the same spot. “Don’t you trust me?” Charlie questioned.

“Of course.” Brax nodded as Charlie swam back over to him, taking his hand.

“Then c’mon,” Charlie pulled him a little and Brax started to swim, Charlie staying beside him until they reached the spot she wanted to stop. She leaned one hand against the rock before taking Brax’s hand. “Swim this way a little,” Charlie said and Brax swam to the side a little before treading water. “Okay, put your feet down,” Brax continued to tread water. “Baby, trust me. I’m not going to tell you you can stand if you can’t.” Charlie said. Brax exhaled before slowly bringing his feet down so he was standing. Charlie smiled before she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“So, where are we exactly?” Brax questioned.

“We are behind lot of rocks,” Charlie answered. “In a sort of cavey place I guess.” Charlie told him.

“So no one can see us?” Brax questioned.

“No one can see us.” Charlie shook her head before once again placing a kiss on her husband’s lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist, the kiss getting a little deeper.

Archived