Follow Your Heart

Guest Danni02

Thanks for the comments. :)

One hundred and seventy-one

“No,” Noah yelled frustratingly at his little brother. “Not yet for you.” Noah sighed moving away from his little brother.

“Yes,” Toby scowled. “I can. You just show me and I can.” Toby banged his foot off the ground.

“No.” Noah yelled again.

“What are you two shouting at?” Ruby walked into the living room from being in the kitchen, making some dinner for her, April and the kids.

“He won’t show me karate.” Toby pointed to Noah but looked up to his sister as he spoke, a firm scowl on his face.

“Noah just show him some,” Ruby sighed. “You like to do karate, right? So, show it off.”

“No he’s only white and I know orange,” Noah told his sister. “He can’t do it yet.”

“I will can Ruby, I will.” Toby nodded his head as he spoke, his curly locks bobbing up and down.

Ruby sighed, not really having time for this little quarrel. “Noah just -”

“Hey we are home.” Charlie and Brax walked into the living room, Rolo being the first to greet Charlie.

“Hey buddy.” Charlie leaned down and clapped the dog before looking up to her kids.

“Mummy he won’t show me,” Toby pouted sadly as he ran over to his mother. Charlie rubbed the side of his cheek, moving hair from his face, Toby probably needing a haircut. “Make him show me.”

“Show you what?” Charlie questioned as she stood up again.

“Karate,” Toby continued to pout. “Please tell him.”

“But mum he needs to know white belt stuff before orange.” Noah sighed.

“Well show him some white belt stuff he doesn’t know,” Charlie told her eldest son. “Now, go on, go play nicely.” Charlie said and Noah sighed before looking to his younger brother.

“Just the easy ones.” Noah sighed and Toby cheered before running back over to his brother, glad to be seeing some new karate moves.

“Where’s Ella and Luca?” Charlie questioned as she looked to Ruby.

“April is at Ella’s salon getting her nails painted,” Ruby gave a little chuckle. “Luca is napping,” Ruby told her. “So, how was...” Ruby raised her eyebrows, keen to know of her mother’s results. Charlie looked to the boys who seemed o engrossed in doing karate moves to hear what they were talking about, but she didn’t want to change. She glanced at Brax who gave a little nod, staying in the living room with the boys while Charlie and Ruby walked through to the kitchen. “You were such a long time at the hospital,” Ruby took a deep breath. “Is it bad?”

Charlie pursed her lips before shaking her head. “It could have been worse.” Charlie said, taking a seat at the table, Ruby sitting opposite her.

“Well?” Ruby was desperate to know. “Tell me, please.”

Charlie took a deep breath but before she could talk, Ella came into the room. “Mum,” Ella shrieked. “You need to come to my salon,” Ella told her. “I will do your nails.”

“Where did you get nail polish?” Charlie questioned.

“Ruby has some,” Ella told her. “Will you come please?” Ella clasped her hands. “It’ll be like mummy Ella time.” Ella gave a little jump of excitement.

“Mummy needs to talk with Rubes first,” Charlie told her daughter. “How about you go up and get everything ready and I’ll be up soon, okay?” Charlie said and Ella gave a little nod.

“Where did you go?” Ella questioned. “Cos you left the party.”

“Daddy and I just had some stuff we needed to sort out,” Charlie said and Ella gave a little nod, accepting her answer. “Go on up the stairs, I’ll be up soon, okay?” Charlie said and Ella grinned before running out of the kitchen. Charlie took another deep breath, before looking to Ruby to tell her what Sid had told her.

“Thanks for letting me put her to bed.” Heath smiled as he walked out of Katie’s room, having stayed after the party for dinner then did Katie’s bath and bedtime.

“It’s okay.” Bianca spoke quietly.

Darcy looked from Bianca to Heath feeling a little awkward at the tension that was in the room. “Uhm, I might go for a bath.” Darcy said, making a quick exit from the room. Bianca looked in the direction of the bathroom, before looking back to Heath.

“You’ll want to go now, right?” Bianca questioned. “You’ve probably kept her waiting long enough for a booty call.”

“That’s not what....” Heath shook his head. “She uhm, she said she wanted to talk about the baby.”

“Of course she wants to ‘talk’ about the baby,” Bianca used quotation marks as she rolled her eyes. “You can’t be that stupid Heath.”

“Look I’ve told her enough times we aren’t happening.” Heath exhaled, playing with his wedding ring.

“Yet you keep sleeping with her,” Bianca mumbled. “Really going to make her believe you aren’t happening.”

“What do you care?” Heath raised his voice. “You’ve make it clear we are finished. What does it matter to you who or what I do?” Heath questioned.

Bianca sniggered, shaking her head a little. “Because I am still your wife. We’ve been broken up all of 5 minutes,” Bianca sniffed back, feeling herself welling up. “I thought you would show me more respect than that.”

“I don’t even want this break up.” Heath yelled.

“But you are still the one sleeping with someone else,” Bianca exhaled. “Funny way of showing me how much you want me back.” Bianca took a deep breath to keep herself composed.

“It was a stupid mistake,” Heath said. “I....baby I would do anything, anything for you to say you’d take me back,” Heath took a step closer to her. “Anything.” Heath repeated.

“What about not having anything to do with the baby?” Bianca questioned. She knew she shouldn’t ask this of Heath, but there was no way she could accept this baby in her life.

“I....” Heath paused. He knew what it was like growing up without a father around and wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone his own child. “A child needs it’s father.”

“Then there’s nothing that can be done,” Bianca mumbled before looking towards the door. “You should go.” Bianca said and Heath pursed his lips before giving a little nod. He walked over to the door and left the house, Bianca collapsing on the couch as she let the tears escape her. She didn’t look up as she heard a door opening or as she heard footsteps walking towards her. She felt arms wrap around her in a hug and looked up briefly to see Darcy’s face staring down at her. Bianca gave her stepdaughter a thankful smile before they stayed silently in the embrace.

Brax smiled as he walked into the bedroom, seeing Charlie feeding their son. He sat down on the bed next to her, lightly rubbing Luca’s head. “Kids are all tucked up in bed,” Brax told her. “Well apart from Rubes,” Brax laughed. “Don’t think she’d want tucked in.”

“No,” Charlie laughed. “Tobes stop busting his karate moves, then?”Charlie questioned, Toby showing off his karate all night.

“He’ll be doing it in his sleep.” Brax answered and Charlie gave a little laugh before she pursed her lips.

“Speaking of the kids, do you think we need to tell then what’s wrong with me?” Charlie questioned, turning her head to face her husband, Brax seeing the looking wonder in her eyes.

“Uhm,” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “I don’t think we need to say anything till we know what surgery you need,” Brax said. “They’re so young. Let’s just wait till we know for certain.”

“Hmmm,” Charlie pursed her lips, giving a little nod. “I just hope these next results don’t take as long.” Charlie winced a little, one hand keeping a hold of her son as her other rubbed her lower stomach.

“You still getting pains?” Brax wondered.

“Think it’s more the stitches from the incision.” Charlie answered.

Brax exhaled, shuffling a little closer to his wife and wrapping his arm around her. He wished so much that he could take any pain she was feeling away. “Well it’ll all be better soon,” Brax told her. “And then I promise you we will take a trip to Vanuatu.” Brax said and Charlie gave a little smile.

“I’ll hold you to that, Mr Braxton.” Charlie grinned before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Sarah and Spotd1 for the comments. :)

One hundred and seventy-one

Two days after Charlie’s further testing, she got a phone call from Sid to go back to the hospital. Thankfully the disease was only in the one ovary and the tumour hadn’t begun to spread anywhere else. She’d been scheduled for surgery on the Friday, Charlie and Brax talking things over with Sid and deciding it would be safer to remove both her ovaries and fallopian tubes, minimizing the risk of a second tumour growing months or years later. Charlie and Brax were now back home, Brax walking back into the kitchen as Charlie was putting a load of laundry in. She picked up a baby grow from the basket and ran her hand over the front. “You okay?” Brax questioned.

Charlie looked up at him, keeping the blue and white striped baby grow in her hand. “This is my last 0 to 3 month baby grow,” Charlie spoke quietly. “I know that we have 5 kids already and quiet honestly I’d have been happy to stop reproducing after the twins were born, but...” Charlie bit her lip. “The option was always there,” Charlie exhaled. “Now it really is going to be gone.”

“Well it already is, really,” Brax walked further into the room and bent down in front of his wife. “I’ve had the little job down there.”

“Yeah but you still have sperm so it would still be possible for us to have a child. There’s reversal and artificial insemination,” Charlie replied. “With no ovaries I have no eggs and with no fallopian tubes there’s no way of that egg getting to the uterus.”

“We can always freeze your eggs. Store them for if they were needed.” Brax suggested, lightly rubbing the back of her shoulder as he spoke.

“No no,” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t want any more kids. I’m just a little sad that I really won’t have that option anymore.”

“Well I’m sure me and the kids would rather you were now unfertile than not here at all,” Brax told her. “And it’s really unfair on all the other kids out there that ours are so great,” Brax gave a cheeky grin. “We really need to stop making kids for that reason alone.”

Charlie gave a little chuckle. “You’re right,” Charlie said. “Besides Luca is only 10 weeks old. I’m pretty sure that’s still young so I’ve still got my little baby.” Charlie looked down to the baby grow before putting it away in the machine.

“We sure do,” Brax smiled as Charlie looked into his eyes, before she held back a little laughter. “Don’t you keep laughing at me in these either,” Brax sighed, going to take his glasses off. Charlie put her and up and kept them on his face. “The kids and Heath rip me enough.”

“Well I think they make you look sexy.” Charlie told him, raising her eyebrows.

“Oh really?” Brax raised his eyebrows. “Well maybe you should come up stairs and I’ll show you just how sexy I can be.”

“You wish,” Charlie closed the door on the washing machine and hit a few buttons, causing it to start filling with water before standing to her feet. “And anyways you need to go pick up Toby from Kindy soon.”

“Like I said, he’s a great kid. He’ll find his own way home.” Brax joked before pulling Charlie in for a kiss.

Katie was playing with the kittens, teasing them with a toy mouse as she ran around the living room, the kittens chasing her, both of them going for the mouse. “Katie pumpkin stop teasing the poor kittens.”

“I’m not teasing them,” Katie answered. “We are playing.” Katie continued to run around the room, the kittens following.

Bianca looked up as the door opened and Darcy walked in, throwing her school bag down to the floor. “Hey.” Darcy smiled.

“Hey love how was school today?” Bianca questioned.

“Fine,” Darcy sat down next to the play mat, knocking the rattle for Freya. Freya gurgled as she kicked her legs in excitement. “You seen dad?” Darcy questioned.

“Not since Katie’s party,” Bianca bit her lip. “He’s uhm....he’ll see you tomorrow after school though. I think he was going to take you to the restaurant for dinner.”

“Oh tomorrow?” Darcy sucked in her bottom lip.

“It that a problem?” Bianca questioned.

“Just VJ asked me to the cinema,” Darcy said. “Uhm with Nina, she’s in my class at school. She’s nice and Jett too.” Darcy looked down, knocking the rattle for Freya again before looking back to the couch where Bianca was sitting.

“Well you’ll have to ask your dad that. You supposed to be seeing him.” Bianca didn’t want to okay it when Darcy was supposed to be spending time with her father.

“Sure,” Darcy sighed. “Oh and uhm...do you think I could get a mobile?” Darcy questioned. “VJ, Nina and Jett all have one and it’ll be easier to organise things with them and to ask dad things if I need to and I’m not with him.”

“Sorry, but you are not allowed a phone yet.” Bianca shook her head, feeling she had to honour the promises she made with Tegan.

“Please,” Darcy sighed. “I’m like the only kid in school who doesn’t have one.”

“I’m sorry but the answer is no,” Bianca told her and Darcy stood up and she sighed, marching over to her bedroom and slamming the door shut. Bianca exhaled as she looked down to Freya. “Oh mummy’s just put your sister in a bad mood she has yeah,” Bianca cooed down at Freya. Freya babbled before turning her head to face her mother. She gave her a smile before she rolled over, moving from lying on her back to lying on her stomach. “Oh baby,” Bianca gasped at Freya having rolled over for the first time. “Clever little baby, aww sweetie.” Bianca cooed as she bent down and picked her daughter up, cuddling her close for a hug, proud of the milestone she’d reached.

“Hey specky,” Heath laughed as his brother walked into the restaurant, Brax having been back at work for a couple of days now. “Went from having no eyes to four huh?”

“You are hilarious Heath,” Brax walked behind the bar, loving that he was back at work again. “Really you should be a comedian.”

Heath chuckled. “How’s Charlie?” Heath questioned, taking a cloth and wiping down the bar, getting it ready for opening.

“She’s okay,” Brax answered. “It’s uhm....not spreading so that’s good. But she does need a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.” Brax screwed his face up, hoping he was pronouncing it correctly.

“What the hell is that when it’s at home?” Heath questioned, clearly looking puzzled.

“She needs to get her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed.” Brax told his brother.

“Well at least she’ll be okay,” Heath said, patting his brothers shoulder. “That’s the main thing, right?”

“Of course,” Brax gave a little nod. “How are things with you?”

“I seem to be making things worse with Bianca,” Heath sighed sadly. “I met Rose after the party on Saturday. She was acting a bit strangely.”

“Nothing new for Rose.” Brax mumbled.

“No,” Heath pursed his lips. “Anyways, uhm...every time I tried to talk about the baby she’d change the subject,” Heath rubbed the back of his head. “She was telling me her life story. I know about her parents messy divorce, where she went to school, how she was the captain of the volleyball team, all about her older brother and his wife, their little kid, how they’re having another baby....” Heath trailed off. “Anything to not talk about the baby.”

“Well you guys need to at one point,” Brax told him. “And for the sake of the baby you two need to get on common ground.”

“Yeah,” Heath sighed. “Well it’s easier said than done when it comes to Rose,” Heath murmured. “Anyways, these tables aren’t going to set themselves.” Heath said before walking through to the kitchen for the cutlery, leaving Brax to finish setting up the bar.

Thanks Red Ranger 1 and Sarah.

One hundred and seventy-three

Ruby swam up behind her girlfriend, putting her hands on the wall of the pool, either side of her. April smiled as she turned around to face Ruby. “Mmm only a few more days and we’ll be....” April raised her eyebrows. “Well you still don’t get to know yet.” April gave a cheeky grin before placing a kiss on Ruby’s lips.

“Yeah,” Ruby pursed her lips. “About that....” Ruby looked away for a moment, before looking back to her girlfriend. “My mum has surgery on Friday. I....” Ruby bit her lip. Of course she wanted to go away for a romantic weekend with the woman she loved but she didn’t want to leave when her mum was going to be in hospital. “I think maybe I should stay.”

“Oh,” April looked a little saddened. She’d put a lot of thought into his weekend. “She’ll have Brax and Bianca and Leah. Even Heath.” April screwed her face up a little at the thought but knew that Heath would be there to help and support Charlie. She was family after all.

“Sweets,” Ruby exhaled lightly. “I feel I need to be here for my mum. Help dad out with the kids. I think they want her to stay the night in the hospital and she’ll be sore from the stitches when she does come home.”

“But it’s our anniversary,” April pouted sadly. “And you’re mum will want you to go.”

Ruby pursed her lips. Of course she wanted to go away with her girlfriend. After all she was about to make a proposal of commitment to her but she just felt like right now was the wrong time. “Sorry, I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” Ruby raised her eyebrows as she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on April’s lips as she wrapped her hands around her neck.

April pulled back, looking away from Ruby’s gaze. “I’ll be really disappointed if we don’t get to go this weekend,” April murmured.

“Sweets,” Ruby sighed. “Surely you understand that my mum is getting surgery.”

“Yeah of course,” April answered. “But it’s a pretty simple procedure. You’re mum will be fine and she wont want you ruining our weekend because of her.”

“We can do it next weekend,” Ruby sighed. “Why does it have to be this one?”

“Because this is our anniversary,” April sighed. “We’ve been back together a year and I want to celebrate that.”

“Well sorry but I don’t want to go this weekend.” Ruby mumbled.

April sighed, putting hands on the edge of the pool and pulling herself out. She sat on the edge for a moment, staring at her girlfriend. Of course she could understand why she wanted to be there for her mother but at the same time, this was going to be a special weekend for them and she was looking forward to time away from the bay after all their ups and downs lately. “I have to go.” April stood up from the pools edge and walked over to the sun lounger, wrapping her towel around herself.

“April,” Ruby sighed as she pushed herself out of the pool. “Baby.” Ruby spoke softly as she grabbed her towel, following April into the house.

Darcy burst into the house, marching to her bedroom and slamming the door shut. Bianca glanced in her direction before looking back to Heath, her eyebrows raised. “Someone seems happy.”

Heath exhaled. “She was pissed because I wouldn’t let her go to the movies.”

“Ah,” Bianca clicked her tongue. “And you wouldn’t let her go to the movies because VJ asked her?”

“Because she was supposed to be spending time with me,” Heath answered. “Although the fact VJ asked he didn’t help.”

Bianca shook her head lightly before biting her lip. It was Heath’s time with her and his decision to make. She wasn’t about to argue against it. “Well how was your night pumpkin?” Bianca questioned, looking down to Katie, who was greeting the kittens.

“Good,” Katie answered. “We went to the park after school and he took us to the restaurant for pizza.”

“Ah wow, lucky you.” Bianca grinned down at her daughter.

“Yeah was good and I got ice-cream for dessert.” Katie grinned.

“Sounds like a great meal then huh?” Bianca questioned.

“It was,” Katie told her. “You should come next time. All us together.” Katie suggested.

“I don’t think that’ll happen sweetie,” Bianca said and Katie pouted sadly. “Time for you to get ready for bed, on you go,” Bianca gestured for her to go to the bedroom and Katie ran off, doing as she was told. “How was Freya?” Bianca questioned, walking over and lifting her out of the car seat, into a hug. Freya smiled as she cuddled against her mother.

“She’s been fine,” Heath answered. “She actually rolled over,” Heath gave a rather large grin. “Just after she had her lunch. I lay her down on the bed and away she rolled,” Heath sounded proud of his baby’s milestone. “Sorry you missed the first one.”

“Yeah,” Bianca pursed her lips as she rubbed Freya’s back. “I didn’t. She rolled over yesterday.”

“Oh,” Heath looked a little saddened as he rubbed the back of his head. “So it was me who missed it,” Heath exhaled. “Oh well I guess that’s to be expect now we are separated. Can’t be here for everything.”

“Sorry.” Bianca pursed her lips.

Heath gave a little shrug. “Didn’t happen to be recording her, did you?” Heath knew it was a long shot but figured he’d ask her anyways.

“Nah,” Bianca shook her head. “But hey, make a nice life with Rose and I’m sure you won’t miss the first time little love child rolls over.”

Heath rubbed his forehead as he sighed. “We’re not getting together.” Heath told her.

“I’m sure Rose has other ideas.” Bianca mumbled.

“Screw Rose.” Heath yelled.

“Yeah, that’s what you’ve been doing.” Bianca retorted, still hurt that he’d slept with her that second time.

“No, I mean....” Heath pursed his lips. “I’m going to say goodnight to the girls then I’m leaving.” Heath said walking over to the bedroom they still shared, not going to keep arguing with Bianca. He wanted to make things better with her, not keep making them worse.

Ruby had said she’d watch the kids, letting Charlie go to the restaurant to have a quick dinner with Brax, Brax just taking an extended break as he was supposed to be working, but it was quiet enough so Henry and Rose had control over the place, letting him dine with his wife. Charlie twirled the pasta around her fork, staring down at the bowl. “They say a problem shared is a problem halved.” Brax said, Charlie looking up to him as he spoke.

“I’m fine,” Charlie answered. “Just...the surgery isn’t far from my mind.”

“Of course,” Brax knew Charlie would be nervous for Friday. “But it’s a pretty safe procedure. Don’t be worried.”

“There’s always a risk with everything.” Charlie replied before she took a drink of her water.

“Yeah but you are Charlotte Braxton,” Brax smiled. “Before that a Buckton and those girls are mighty tuff. And you survive Heath as a brother in law and you have Tobes as a son and make it look relatively easy to handle him most of the time,” Brax gave a chuckle. “You’ll come out of this surgery fine.”

Charlie gave her husband an appreciative smile. She really did appreciate him always trying to see the positive sides of things. “Yeah.” Charlie knew she most likely would be okay, but she couldn’t help worrying. Brax gestured to the door and Charlie turned around to see April walking into the restaurant and over to the bar.

“One large white wine.” April ordered as she sat on the bar stool, Charlie and Brax both seeing something was bothering her. Charlie looked to her husband and he gave a little nod before Charlie stood up and walked over to April.

“Hey,” Charlie leaned herself against the bar. “Drinking alone.” Charlie observed as she raised her eyebrows as Rose handed April the glass.

“I asked Bianca to come but she’s home with the girls,” April turned to face Charlie. “Dex and Adrian have a date night and all my uni friends won’t come out on a school night with it being a pretty big year for us all.” April said before taking a rather big gulp of the wine.

“Everything okay?” Charlie questioned.

April shrugged. “Rubes doesn’t want to go away this weekend anymore.”

“Why?” Charlie questioned. “You guys aren’t fighting again, are you?”

“No,” April answered, running her hand up and down the stem of the glass. “She doesn’t want to go because of your surgery. She wants to be here for you.”

“Oh.” Charlie exhaled.

“And I can understand her point, but,” April pursed her lips. “It’s our one year of being back together and I had a special weekend planned. I want to show her not only how much I love her but how much I love what she gave up to be with me. She had a husband and probably a future planned with kids and such and no-one’s ever going to question that but now she is in a lesbian relationship and that’s always going to be a more difficult road. It shouldn’t be, but it is.”

Charlie pursed her lips as she rubbed April’s shoulder. “I’ll talk to Rubes. She’s not cancelling this weekend because of me. I’ll be fine and I’ve got my husband to take care of me plus 3 little munchkins who it might be quiet fun to order around. It’ll make a change of me always doing things for them,” Charlie said and April gave a little laugh. “You’ll get your weekend away, April,” Charlie assured her. “Some time away will be great for you two after the last month you’ve had.”

April gave Charlie an appreciative smile. “Thanks.”

“It’s no problem,” Charlie said before glancing back to Brax. “You eaten?”

“Not yet.” April shook her head.

“Well come and join us.” Charlie rubbed her back as she picked up April’s wine from the bar.

“Oh I don’t want to impose.” April held her hands out in front of her.

“You won’t be,” Charlie said. “Now c’mon, mother-in-laws orders.” Charlie joked and April gave a little laugh before walking over to the table with Charlie.

Thank you all so much for the comments. :D

One hundred and seventy-four

Charlie knocked on the door before walking into Ruby’s room, sitting down on the bed next to her daughter. Ruby stopped strumming on her guitar, putting it down to listen to her mother, knowing she’d obviously come in for a reason. “April tells me you don’t want to go away this weekend anymore.” Charlie felt she may as well get right to the point.

“When did you see her?” Ruby questioned.

“She was at the restaurant,” Charlie said. “Look sweetie I know you just want to be there for me, but I don’t need you to stay,” Charlie told her daughter. “What I want from you is that you go away with your girlfriend and you propose, giving me the gift of another daughter.”

Ruby pursed her lips. “What if something goes wrong?”

“There’s an extremely rare chance of anything going wrong,” Charlie assured her. “And I’ve got Brax to look after me. And Noah, Ella and Toby will be running around to look after me as well.” Charlie gave a little grin.

“But what if -”

“Then dad will call you and you’ll come right home, right?” Charlie questioned and Ruby gave a little nod. “Do you think it’ll be nice for you and April to go have some time together?”

“Well yeah but I’ll just feel bad for leaving you.” Ruby answered.

“It’s not like its open heart surgery,” Charlie exhaled. “It’s a simple little procedure to remove my tumour and some of my reproductive organs. Women get this kind of thing done all the time,” Charlie assured her, but at the same time she was trying to reassure herself. “Maybe minus the tumour part.” Charlie mumbled.

“You really promise you’ll call if you need me?” Ruby questioned.

“I promise,” Charlie nodded as she wrapped an arm around her daughter, Ruby resting her head against her mother’s chest. “But I want you to have this time with April.”

“I do think we need a break,” Ruby pursed her lips. “I just wish she’d tell me what we are doing already.”

Charlie stifled a laugh. “I know.”

“You know as in you wish she’d tell me or you know as in you know?” Ruby looked back up to her mother, her eyes a little wide.

“I know.” Charlie grinned.

“And you haven’t told me?” Ruby gasped. “You’re siding with my girlfriend over me?”

“In this case,” Charlie answered. “There’s nothing wrong with surprising your woman.” Charlie rubbed Ruby arm and she smiled a little.

“Well you know what I’m like with surprises.” Ruby mumbled.

“I know,” Charlie laughed her daughter to impatient to wait to be surprised. “But they are good things. You’ll have a fab weekend Rubes.” Charlie rubbed her arm once again before Toby came to the door, stood their stark naked.

“Mummy it’s my bath time.” Toby said.

“Ah Toby.” Ruby couldn’t help but laugh at her brother.

“I’m coming sweetie.” Charlie stood up from the bed, smiling down at Ruby who returned the smile.

“Does Luca need a bath?” Toby questioned. “He can share with me.” Toby rubbed his head as he spoke.

“No Luca is sleeping. You are the only bath boy tonight.” Charlie said, lightly pushing on her son as she made her way down the hall to bath him.

Bianca walked into the diner pushing the pram in front of her. She sat down opposite her friend, Charlie holding her son in her arms as he scanned the room with his big green eyes, just like Noah’s. “You looked exhausted.” Charlie observed as she looked to her friend.

“Nice to see you too.” Bianca sighed.

“Everything okay?” Charlie wondered.

“Freya was up crying most of the night,” Bianca yawned. “I think she’s cutting a tooth. Katie had a tantrum this morning because she didn’t want to go to school and Darcy thinks I’m the world’s most evil stepmother because she’s not allowed a mobile phone.”

“Oh,” Charlie sucked in her bottom lip. “A lot going on then.”

“Just something else to add to my wonderful life right now,” Bianca quipped as she played with her wedding rings. “Charlie, we need a night out. Let’s do it, tonight. Me and you. We’ll go to that little wine bar in Yabbie Creek then hit Club 22.” Bianca suggested.

“Club 22?” Charlie widened her eyes. “Don’t you think we are a little old to be clubbing?”

“I’m 33, not 63,” Bianca retorted. “Granted you have a few more years on you but I reckon we’ve still got it.” Bianca said and Charlie stifled a laugh.

“It’s a school night.” Charlie replied.

“Yeah for our kids, not us,” Bianca replied. “Brax can look after the kids and I’ll get April to watch my ones,” Bianca said. “Please,” Bianca clasped her hands like she was praying. “I need a break from the kids and all this stuff with Heath. I just...I want to have a good night out with my girlfriend.”

“You two planning a night out?” Leah questioned, having come over to take their order.

“Yeah,” Bianca nodded. “We are going out tonight,” Bianca said, Charlie giving a little sigh, it not really looking like she had much of a choice in the matter. “You should come with.”

“It’s been ages since we’ve had a girls night,” Leah replied. “I’m up for it.”

“Yes,” Bianca hit her hand off the table, Luca giving out a startled cry. Charlie lightly rocked him from side to side, Luca quickly calming. “We can meet at my place at 7.30 for pre drinks.”

“Sounds great,” Leah smiled. “So what can I get you two right now?”

“I need a strong black,” Bianca felt her eyes closing. “I really need woken up.”

“I’ll have a peach iced tea thanks.” Charlie ordered and Leah scribbled it down on the pad before walking off to get their order. Charlie smiled as Bianca was grinning at her, clearly needing this night out. Charlie looked down to Luca before looking back at Bianca, deciding she should go with her, her friend clearly needed to have this night out.

Heath took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. He looked down to the bag in his hand before looking up as he heard footsteps. “Heath.” Rose sounded surprised to see him.

“Can I come in?” Heath questioned.

“Yeah.” Rose nodded, moving to the side so Heath could walk into the house. She closed the door before following him into the living room and sat down next to him on the couch.

“How are you?” Heath questioned. “Have you been getting morning sickness?”

“Nope,” Rose bit her lip. “Actually about that, I...” Rose knew it was time to come clean. She only lied to get Heath to be with her, but even the idea of a baby couldn’t get him to be with her and it probably wasn’t the best lie to tell. There would be no baby for a start and once she did come clean he’d be out of her life again. She loved Heath and wanted to be with him but knew that someone else had his heart and that it would never be hers.

“That’s lucky,” Heath smiled. “Bianca was pretty sick with Freya,” Heath said, looking down to the bag. “Anyways, I...I saw this and just had to buy it.” Heath handed Rose the bag and she looked down to it, a little puzzled. She put her hand in and pulled out a little orange baby grow with the words ‘don’t laugh....but he’s my daddy’ written in white writing of the front. Heath looked at it and chuckled again.

“Heath, about the baby, I....” Rose pursed her lips, feeling herself welling up with tears. She could see how Heath was excited for this and knew she was about to crush him.

“I know this isn’t the most ideal situation and you’ve probably dreamed of this time a little different in your head, but right now all that matters is this little one,” Heath put his hand onto Rose’s stomach. “I’m going to be there 100 per cent. You never need to worry about that.”

“I know you would be,” Rose sniffed back. “It’s just.....I’m sorry. There is no baby. I’m so sorry.” Rose bowed her head down as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Heath widened his eyes in shock. “Oh God Rose. You lost the baby,” Heath spoke softly, rubbing her back in comfort. “I...” Heath swallowed a lump in his throat. “Hey, it’s alright.” Heath continued to rub her back as her tears become heavier. She tried to talk, she tried to tell him there was never a baby to begin with but she couldn’t get the words out right now. Heath felt his heart sink a little, truly sadden by the miscarriage, but at the same time, he did have to feel a little relieved, because he knew that no baby would make it easier in his attempts to win Bianca back.

One hundred and seventy-five

April stood and watched as Ruby cradled Freya in her arms. She smiled as she heard Ruby singing her to sleep. “And you think I’m cute with kids,” April said walking a little further into the room. Ruby looked up at her and smiled before she continued to sing, Freya eyes already looking heavy and beginning to close. “Suits you a lot too.” April smiled, lightly rubbing Freya’s head. Ruby smiled down at the baby before putting her in the moses basket, that had been moved into April’s room for the night, in case she woke and Bianca still wasn’t home to sooth her.

“Katie finally go to bed?” Ruby questioned and April gave a little nod.

“Two down, one to go.” April said, wrapping her arms around Ruby’s neck and looking into her eyes. Ruby smiled as she cupped April’s buttocks.

“Then what shall we do?” Ruby raised her eyebrows before placing a soft kiss on April’s lips. April smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen a little.

“Eww get a room.” Ruby and April looked around to see Darcy at the doorway of the bedroom.

“Well we are in my room, Darce,” April replied. “So...yeah.”

“Whatever,” Darcy mumbled. “Can you two play on the wii with me before I go to bed?”

Ruby and April shared a glance before looking back to Darcy. “Sure we can kiddo,” Ruby said, grabbing April’s wrist and pulling her out of the bedroom. The wii belonging to Heath, but there wasn’t enough room for him to take it to the caravan and he figured the girls would probably have a fit it he was to take it from them anyways. “I’m awesome on the wii.”

“You haven’t played me yet,” Darcy sounded confident that she would win at whatever they played. “Are you measuring this awesomeness at beating April?” Darcy questioned. “Because she sucks.” Darcy pointed to her step aunt.

“Hey.” April gasped and Ruby laughed.

“Sorry sweets but she is right,” Ruby looked to her girlfriend. “You do suck at the wii. And the Xbox. Playstation too.”

“Well games consoles are stupid.” April remarked.

“That’s just because you can’t play them.” Darcy retorted as she set up the wii, Ruby giggling in amusement as she looked through the games.

“Looks like I’m going to have to prove you two wrong then huh?” April questioned.

“You can try,” Ruby laughed and April pouted sadly. “Aww don’t worry baby, I don’t love you based on your wii playing skills,” Ruby chuckled before looking to Darcy. “Right, let’s go to the Olympics.” Ruby held up her chosen game, Darcy grinning at her choice as she took it from her and opened the box, putting the disk into the console.

Charlie glanced at her watch and widened her eyes. “Brax will kill me,” Charlie fell into her friend. “I told him I wouldn’t be late.”

“I’m sure he won’t grudge you a night out,” Leah slurred, trying to point to Charlie but both women were far from being sober. “And it’s only...” Leah grabbed Charlie’s wrist, focusing her eyes on her watch, which took a little effort. “10 passed 2,” Leah gasped. “We do need to go home, I think.”

“Bianca,” Charlie looked for her other friend. “We need to get Bianca found.” Charlie slurred out some words.

“Oooh,” Leah put her hand over her mouth. “I see her. But her tongue is down a hot dude’s throat. She’ll need that if we want to leave.” Leah observed.

“Bianca Braxton,” Charlie gasped as she marched over to her friend, Bianca and the man pulling apart. Charlie gasped as she saw his face. “He’s a baby,” Charlie said. “Look at his little face.” Charlie pinched the man’s cheeks.

“I’m not a baby,” The man retorted. “I’m 19 and Mrs Braxton is hot.”

“No,” Bianca shook her head. “I’m not Mrs Braxton. Remember I told you Mr Braxton is off with crazy psycho and love child,” Bianca said, putting her hand on the man’s chest. “This my dear Charlotte is Bodhi. He was in my form class and I was his guidance teacher,” Bianca swayed a little and Bodhi wrapped his arms around her waist to steady her. “But now he’s in the professional circut.” Bianca said, looking up at Bodhi. He was a real surfer boy, with long blond hair and the bluest eyes she’d ever seen.

“Pro surfing.” Bodhi told a confused Charlie and Leah.

“Bianca,” Leah put her hand on Bianca’s arm. “We are going home. Let’s go.”

“No no,” Bianca shook her head. “I’m staying with my Bodhi.” Bianca rested her head on his chest.

“What about Heath?” Leah questioned. “Think about what -”

“Heath and I are history,” Bianca turned to face Leah, her face screwing up in disgust. She held her left hand up as she spoke, before looking to her wedding rings. “Here, see,” Bianca took her rings off, throwing them to the floor. “Done,” Bianca said before looking back to Bodhi. “Take me home.” Bianca said and Bodhi grinned before walking away with Bianca.

Charlie and Leah exchanged a glance. “Bianca.” Leah shouted as she went after her friend, needing to try again at stopping her from making a big mistake. Charlie bent down and picked up the rings before running out after them.

Brax woke to the sounds of his mobile ringing. He squinted his eyes as the light it him. He noted it was 2.32am and that it was his wife calling him. “Hello.”Brax said as he answered the phone.

“Hey baby,” Charlie shouted. “I’m locked.”

“You’re locked?” Brax pushed the sheet from his body and swung his legs out of the bed.

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “Stupid door isn’t letting me in.”

Brax sighed, feeling annoyed. She promised she wouldn’t be late and she promised she wouldn’t get drunk, but clearly those two promised had been broken. “I’m coming.”

“Oooh,” Charlie sang. “You naughty man playing with yourself.”

Brax once again sighed, not amused in the slightest as he left the bedroom and walked down the hall. “I’m hanging up now.” Brax said, cancelling the call on his phone as he walked down the stairs and over to the front door. He grabbed the key from the hanger and unlocked the door opening it to see Charlie slumped down against the door frame, her phone still to her ear and her keys on the ground next to her.

“You came to my rescue.” Charlie grinned up at him.

Brax muttered as he hauled her up and picked up her keys from the ground. She stumbled into the house, swaying a little as Brax locked the door and put the keys back on the hanger. He turned to face his wife. “Good night, I take it?”

“Yeah,” Charlie still spoke into her phone. “I had only two glasses of wine.” Charlie said, although she was holding up four fingers.

Brax raised his eyebrows. “You’re as drunk as that on two glasses?”

“Well I’ve not drank proper in so long,” Charlie answered, her eyes unable to focus. “With being pregnant and feeding Lucas.”

“His name is Luca.” Brax told her.

“Yeah, I said that.” Charlie replied, her hand going onto her chest as she swallowed.

Brax once again sighed before looking her up and down. “C’mon, let’s get to bed.”

“Oh yes please.” Charlie grinned as she looked at his bare chest. Brax took her phone from her hand, the phone still pressed to her ear, before taking hold of her arm and leading her up the stairs to their bedroom.

One hundred and seventy-six

Bianca pushed on Bodhi’s shoulder. “Bodhi,” Bianca said. “Bodhi get up.” Bianca wanted him gone before April came home from her walk with Freya after she took the older girls to school. They’d managed to have breakfast without him coming out from the bedroom, but now she wanted him out of the house. She sighed as he looked dead to the world. She ran her hand over her wedding ring finger, not for the life of her remembering where she’d put them. She checked the drawers of her bedside cabinet again before looking through her bag from last night. “Oh God,” Bianca could have cried at not being able to find her wedding rings. “Bodhi.” Bianca yelled as she threw her bag at him.

“Ouch,” Bodhi jumped in fright before sitting up in the bed. “What time is it?” Bodhi questioned rubbing his eyes.

“9.30,” Bianca answered. “Can you please vacate my bed and then my home?” Bodhi sighed as he got out of the bed. “Ah.” Bianca held her hand out in front of her, shielding her eyes from his nakedness.

“What?” Bodhi laughed as he reached for his boxers. “Pretty sure you saw me in full glory last night.” Bodhi gave a little chuckle as he started to dress himself.

“I just want you to go.” Bianca said turning and walking out of the room waiting in the living room for him to be ready. She walked over to the cabinet and opened the drawers, looking through them, desperate to find her rings. She exhaled sadly as she looked up and her eyes caught sight of a picture of her and Heath with Katie when she was a lot younger. She pursed her lips as she ran her fingers over his face feeling her eyes stinging with tears.

“So,” Bianca put the picture down as she heard his voice. “Can I have your number? Maybe we can do that again sometime?”

“No,” Bianca shook her head, instantly regretting what she did last night. “Sorry, but no.”

“I’m off on the circuit next month anyways,” Bodhi sighed. “God knows when I’ll be back in this town,” Bodhi hit his hand on her shoulder. “I had fun last night though.” Bodhi smiled. Bianca looked up at him and into his eyes, getting lost for a moment. She cleared her throat as she broke the gaze before walking over to the door and opening it, letting out a gasp at who was standing at the other side about to knock on the already opened door.

Charlie was holding her head in her hands. “If you let me feed him he’ll stop crying.” Charlie looked up to Brax, her hands rubbing the side of her throbbing headache.

“You drank way to much last night,” Brax was trying to get Luca to take the bottle of formula but he was refusing point blank. It was clear that Luca wanted his mummy’s milk. “You’re milk won’t be good for him.”

“It’ll be out of my system by now,” Charlie sighed. “And he is nearly an hour late for his feed. You think that’ll be good for him?” Charlie questioned. “Poor bean will be starving and you are only stressing him out.” There had only been two bottles of expressed milk left in the fridge, Luca having them both last night, one for dinner and then his one before bed.

“Yeah well maybe if you hadn’t drank so much last night I wouldn’t be worried to let you feed him.” Brax retorted, still trying to get Luca to take the formula, this insistence that it must be breast milk the only hard thing about raising Luca.

“I had a fun night out with my friends,” Charlie glared up at him. “Are you really going to grudge me that right now?” Charlie asked. “So I drank a little too much, it’s not like I’m 17 and it’s illegal. I just wanted to have a night to forget and stop worrying about my up and coming surgery, okay, Brax, that’s all I wanted but it seems you can’t even let me have that,” Charlie banged her hands off the table before pushing the chair back, sending an unbearable screeching noise through the room. She stood to her feet and walked over to Brax and pulled the bottle from his hand, throwing it to the floor. “Now stop starving my son,” Charlie put her hands onto Luca, trying to take him from Brax. Brax kept a grip on him, not sure if he should let go. “Brax,” Charlie raised her voice. “I would never do anything if I thought it would bring one of our children the slightest bit of harm,” Charlie said. Brax exhaled as he let go of a crying Luca, Charlie bringing him closer to her chest, Luca already calming and trying to get to her through her singlet. “Just a second baby.” Charlie walked back over to the table, sitting down and lifting her singlet up, unhooking her nursing bra, letting Luca feed.

Brax looked at her, watching their son for a second before taking a deep breath and walking over to her, sitting down next to her. “You know....it’s all going to be okay.”

“Mmm,” Charlie pursed her lips as she looked to her husband. “Everyone worries about things like this though. I know I’ve always been a bit of a worrier but now I’m a mother Brax, I...” Charlie exhaled. “Four little people plus my Rubes need me to be here for them.”

“And you’ll be here for them,” Brax rubbed her shoulder. “And me too, right? Cos we all know I need looking after sometimes,” Brax gave a little laugh and Charlie looked to him with pursed lips. “Sorry for getting mad at you. I....you should be allowed a night out with your friends without getting grief for it.”

“Yeah,” Charlie sighed. “It’s not like we do it every week. This was my first night out since....since we got back together.”

“It was,” Brax said. “How was it to be away from the kids?”

“Magic,” Charlie grinned. “Just for a few hours.”

“Well how about after the surgery and your recovery we get this date night thing going with us again?” Brax questioned. “I’ll take you to that place in Reefton Lakes you love so much.”

“Sounds good,” Charlie smiled. “And I can go out with the girls again?”

“If I can go out with the boys.” Brax laughed.

“Sure but then you are sleeping on the couch,” Charlie told him. “If you have to much drink you snore way too loudly. Occasionally talk in your sleep to and it keeps me awake.”

“Sounds like a fair deal,” Brax gave a little laugh before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. “I love you.”

“Love you too,” Charlie replied. “Now how about you be a good little husband and go get me something for this headache?” Charlie said and Brax gave a little nod before standing up and walking over to the cupboard where they kept the medicine.

April walked into the diner, Freya babbling away in the pram. “Hey, Leah,” April smiled, seeing she looked a little worse for wear. “Good night last night?”

“Yeah,” Leah smiled at her. “Bianca feeling regretful this morning?” Leah asked. Although she and Charlie had tried once again to stop her leaving with Bodhi when they were outside the club, they were unable to do so.

“Why would she be regretful?” April questioned, not sure what Leah was talking about.

Leah pursed her lips, realising April was clearly unaware of Bianca’s little rendezvous last night. “She just drank a lot,” Leah said. “I guess I meant more hungover?”

April looked a little curious before answering. “She did look a little sorry for herself this morning,” April said. “But in a way I’m glad she’s gone out and let off some steam.”

“I think she’d done more than that.” Leah mumbled.

“Sorry?” April questioned.

“Eh, what can I get for you today?” Leah said.

“A strong black to go for Bianca,” April answered. “And I’ll have a latte.”

“Not in uni today?” Leah questioned as she started to make the coffees.

“I’m in at 11,” April answered. “We have class till 7,”April exhaled. “Kinda crazy huh?” April questioned. “But anyways after uni I’ll come here. Rubes said she’ll treat me to dinner.” April gave a little smile.

“Well as long as you don’t distract her too much. She will be working.” Leah said, pouring the steamed milk into the shots of espresso to make April’s latte.

“I won’t.” April answered.

Leah gave a little smile. “So you’ll be looking forward to this weekend away then?” Leah said putting the lids on the coffee and putting them in a little holder so she could carry them easier, April of course also having to push the pram.

“I can’t wait,” April grinned from ear to ear just thinking about it. “Thanks for giving us both the time off.”

“Well it’s a special occasion,” Leah told her, putting the coffee’s down in front of April. “Anyways, I’ll let you get on, but tell that sister of yours I’ll be calling her later.” Leah gave a cheeky sort of grin and April exhaled, knowing for sure that something went on that she was yet to hear about.

Thank you Red Ranger 1 and Sarah for the comments. :)

One hundred and seventy-seven

Bianca covered her left hand with her right as they sat down on the couch. Bodhi had left and Heath had stared at Bianca for a good few minutes without saying anything. He gave a sort of laugh before looking back to the direction of the door. “Him?” Heath finally broke the silence.

“Please don’t,” Bianca shook her head. “I...I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“Clearly you weren’t,” Heath held back his laughter. “Jeeze Bianca, is he even legal? Did you need to change his nappy?” Heath let the laughter out, unable to hold it in any longer.

“Don’t,” Bianca’s voice broke as a tear rolled down her cheek. Heath immediately stopped laughing and tentatively put his hand onto her back, rubbing it gently. “I can’t believe how stupid I was. I....he’s a boy. I....two years ago I was his teacher,” Bianca croaked as tears rolled down her cheeks. “How could I have been so stupid?”

“Were you safe?” Heath questioned.

“Yes.” Bianca nodded as she wiped her hand across her eyes, wiping away the tears.

“Well you weren’t that stupid then, were you?” Heath questioned.

“Unlike you, you mean?” Bianca spat.

“Well it would be pretty hard to be as stupid as me.” Heath exhaled.

“I just....” Bianca clicked her tongue. “It was nice to think people could still be attracted to me. That people could see I’m not a frumpy old mother.”

“You are far from being frumpy,” Heath continued to rub her back. “You are gorgeous and I’m always going to think so. And I love you even more for giving me my girls.”

“Just not enough to stay faithful,” Bianca murmured, his first betrayal the one she was most mad at, of course that one bringing the baby into the equation and ruining any chance they had at fixings things. “Shouldn’t you be out with Rose buying a cot or something?” Bianca questioned.

“That’s actually why I came to see you,” Heath spoke tentatively. “Rose uhm....Rose lost the baby.”

“Oh,” Bianca wasn’t sure how to react. Sure she was pleased in a sense but she would never wish losing a child on anyone. “You really think I am the best person to talk to about this?”

“You are the person I love most in this world,” Heath told her. “And I know it might be a long shot but....I thought....well I could really use some words of comfort from you right now.”

Bianca gave a little snigger before she pursed her lips, her right hand once again covering her left, Bianca hating the feeling of not having her rings on. “It clearly wasn’t meant to be. Maybe this is a good thing because crazy psycho girl won’t be able to blackmail you into being with her.”

“Not exactly the words I was hoping for.” Heath took a deep breath to keep himself composed.

“What else do you want me to say?” Bianca questioned. “That it’s great news and you can move back in because there’s no love child to get in the way of us now?” Bianca wondered and Heath exhaled sadly. “Look Heath it’s devastating to lose a child. We learnt that from Rocco and then it was sad when we lost Freya’s twin, but....you have three amazing girls to focus all your attention on. Maybe you don’t get this baby but you still have another 3 to love and be loved by.”

“I wish....I wish my forth girl would let me love her too,” Heath spoke quietly as he played with his wedding ring. “Well technically you are my first girl. Freya would be my forth. Is she around actually?” Heath look around the room, wondering where his daughter was.

“April has her out,” Bianca answered. “Uhm...but Heath I...” Bianca pursed her lips. “Rose not being pregnant anymore, it’s doesn’t change anything. I’m sorry.”

“But we -”

“No Heath,” Bianca shook her head as she stood up and walked over to the door, opening it, clearly wanting Heath to leave. “You eh.....you should go.” Heath pursed his lips as he stood up from the couch and walked over to the door. He stared Bianca in the face for a moment before bowing his head and leaving as requested. Bianca closed the door before leaning back against the wall, sliding herself down to the floor as more tears escaped her eyes.

Charlie struggled to remove Freya’s grasp from her, Freya’s little hand clutching tightly onto some of her hair. “See she’s learned some new tricks,” Charlie said, Freya not giving up on holding her auntie’s hair. “This one not so nice, huh?” Bianca shook her head as she helped Charlie, Freya pouting sadly before immediately bringing her hand back up to her hair. “So how you feeling after last night?”

“Oh please don’t,” Bianca shook her head again. “I don’t need ripped from you as well.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything,” Charlie told her friend. “You’re probably feeling bad enough as it is, so...” Charlie clicked her tongue.

“Heath only had to appear and see him leave,” Bianca played with her bare wedding ring finger. “I can’t believe he knows I did this.”

“Well it’s not like you did anything wrong, really. You two aren’t together anymore so it’s not like you cheated.” Charlie tried to distract Freya with a little hippo teddy but Freya much preferred playing with Charlie’s hair.

“I slept with a teenager,” Bianca felt ashamed at herself. “I...a teenager, Charlie.”

“We’ve all slept with teenagers at one point.” Charlie shrugged.

“Yeah when we were teenagers ourselves,” Bianca sighed. “I can’t believe you two didn’t stop me.” Bianca glared at her friend.

“Oh believe me we tried,” Charlie told her friend. “You seemed to have your mind pretty made up. Nothing we could say could stop you.” Charlie still tried to distract Freya with the little hippo as she spoke to her friend.

“God,” Bianca sounded frustrated. “It’s all such a mess. I....I slept with a kid, my marriage is in a state, I....lost my rings,” Bianca started welling up. “They’re my rings, Charlie. I may not be with Heath anymore but I wasn’t ready to lose them. I...they were from Heath and they were one of the few parts of him I had left.”

“You’ll always have his children,” Charlie told her. “But,” Charlie leaned down and put her hand into her bag, fishing out the rings. She placed them into Bianca’s hand and she gave a huge sigh of relief. Charlie watched as she put them back on her finger and admired them. “Bianca I....it seems like you want to give things with Heath another go.” Charlie spoke tentatively, pursing her lips.

“Just because it’s what we want doesn’t mean it’s what should happen.” Bianca mumbled.

“Why?” Charlie questioned. “You both want to be together. Just try to make it work. Rose’s baby will only get in the way of things if you make it a problem. Just tell Heath that you don’t want to see the baby but -”

“There is no baby,” Bianca said. “She miscarried.”

“Oh,” Charlie pursed her lips. “Well that’s only going to make it easier for you two to work things out. He’s the love of your life, Bianca,” Charlie put her hand onto Bianca’s arm. “You are only punishing yourself by not giving in to what you want.” Bianca bowed her head down and upon seeing she wasn't about to get a reply, Charlie spoke again. “And I know this little one would love mummy and daddy getting back together, isn’t that right princess?” Charlie cooed and Freya gave a big grin, babbling as she waved her arms out. Bianca smiled before taking her daughter into her arms, placing a kiss on her temple, Freya now taking the opportunity to grab at her mother’s hair.

“It would be too much work,” Bianca sighed. “I think we need to accept that while yes, we are both in love with the other, trying to get back together just wouldn't work out,” Bianca spoke sadly as she stood her feet. “I’m going to get this one her bottle.” Bianca said as she walked into the kitchen, Charlie sighing, wishing her friend wouldn’t be so stubborn.

Thanks Red Ranger 1 and Sarah.

One hundred and seventy-eight

Brax was working the bar when she walked in. “You’re not on shift today, are you?” Brax looked a little confused to see her.

“Nope,” Rose sat on the barstool. “One large white wine please.” Rose ordered.

“Uh, I’m not giving you wine,” Brax shook his head. “Not when you are carrying my niece or nephew.”

“Well I’m not carrying your niece or nephew,” Rose sighed. “So, wine.” Rose hit her hand off the bar.

Brax widened his eyes. “You....you miscarried?” Brax questioned. “God Rose I’m sorry. But I don’t think wine is the -”

“Give me a wine,” Rose demanded. “You are a bar and I am a patron. Now serve me.” Rose banged the $10 note down on the bar top. Brax sighed before taking a glass down.

“Any particular one?” Brax questioned.

“Just make it white,” Rose told him and Brax exhaled, picking up the chardonnay from the fridge and pouring her a glass. “I need to get some courage.”

“What, so you can tell my brother?” Brax wondered.

“Kind of,” Rose said. “He’s knows there’s no baby,” Rose took a big drink of the wine. “He thinks - just like you - that I miscarried.”

“Thinks?” Brax scrunched his face. “So you didn’t miscarry?” Brax tried to move the glass away but Rose pulled it closer to her. “Rose, what’s going on?” Brax questioned.

Rose shrugged her shoulders a little. “I was never pregnant.” Rose actually felt good at finally coming clean. Sure it was to the wrong man but he was at Braxton at least, so it was a start. Brax stood opened mouthed, wondering if he’d heard her correctly.

“I’m sorry what did you just say?” Brax raised his voice a little, a couple of customers looking their way. He gestured for her to come into the office with him.

“I think you heard me.” Rose said as Brax closed the office door and turned to face Rose.

“You broke up a marriage with this lie,” Brax sounded furious. “Left 3 girls with split up parents, left...” Brax shook his head. “Why the hell did you do this?”

“I saw someone I liked and wanted him for myself,” Rose answered. “Don’t tell me you never done something stupid out of love.”

“Out of love?” Brax questioned. “This is psycho crazy,” Brax spat. “How could you do that to a family?”

Rose pursed her lips as she shrugged a little. “You never seen something that you want and would do whatever it took to get it?”

“But breaking up a family? Pretending to be pregnant?” Brax questioned. “How could you do that to someone you apparently love?”

“Love makes you do strange things.” Rose replied.

Brax shook his head in disbelief, Heath and Bianca’s break-up never really needing to have occurred. “I can’t.....I....” Brax exhaled, not having the words.

“What’s going on in here?” Rose and Brax looked around as the office door opened and Heath walked in for his shift. “Not going to try it on with him now?” Heath gestured to Brax, giving a sort of chuckle.

Brax looked at his brother before looking back to Rose. “I’ll leave you to it.” Brax said walking back out of the office, leaving Rose to hopefully tell Heath the truth.

Charlie sat the kids down on the couch. She sat on the edge of the coffee table as three sets of eyes stared back at her. Rolo – wanting to be part of whatever was about to happen – ran across and leaned himself against Charlie’s leg, Charlie’s hand going down to clap him. Charlie opened her mouth to talk but Ella spoke over her. “Toby did it.” Ella pointed to her brother who was sitting in the middle of her and Noah.

Toby scowled at her before looking back to his mother. “It wasn’t my fault,” Toby argued. “It only an accident.”

“Okay I don’t know what you are talking about but we will come back to this later,” Charlie said, seeing the guilt on both Toby and Ella’s faces. “Mummy has something she needs to tell you.”

“Oh,” Toby clapped his hands together. “Is we getting another little brother?”

“No.” Charlie answered.

Ella gasped. “Is it a sister?”

“No,” Noah sighed. “No more babies mum. You promised.” Noah folded his arms across his chest as he leaned back on the couch.

“I know I did,” Charlie said. “And that promise is going to be kept forever. Mummy and daddy are having no more babies,” Charlie watched as Noah was pleased with the response but Ella and Toby looked less that pleased. “Awe c’mon guys, Luca is still so little. He’s your baby.”

“Yeah, Luca Thomas is still the baby.” Noah said looking to his brother and sister.

“He’s a cool baby,” Toby grinned. “Can I go play with him?”

“No, he’s sleeping,” Charlie said. “And mummy still wants to talk to you about something.” Charlie was playing with her wedding rings, rolling them around her finger to have a little distraction as she spoke.

“Well what is it?” Ella questioned. “You should just tell us already.” Ella looked a little exasperated and Charlie managed a little laugh.

“Okay,” Charlie took a deep breath, needing a moment to be ready. “Well tomorrow mummy needs to go to the hospital for a little operation.” Charlie said, watching as all three sets of eyes widened.

“Why?” Toby questioned.

“Well I have something bad in my tummy that’s not supposed to be there so the doctors want to take it out.” Charlie explained, trying her best to do it in a way where two seven year olds and a four year old would understand.

“What is it in your tummy?” Toby questioned. “Like a knife or spoon or....” Toby scratched the side of his head. “Oh a piece of lego?” Toby sounded excited at the thought of lego being inside his mother.

Charlie stifled a laugh. “No buddy. It’s called a tumour,” Charlie said. “But once the doctors take it out tomorrow I will be all better.”

“Do they have to cut you open?” Ella questioned.

“They will do.” Charlie nodded.

“Oh no,” Toby gasped as he slapped his hands against his cheeks. “All your insides will fall out.”

“They’ll stitch her closed, silly.” Ella giggled as she nudged her brother’s arm before looking at Charlie, giving her a questioning look.

“Yeah, I’ll get stitches,” Charlie answered. “So tomorrow night mummy is going to need to stay at the hospital so I won’t be home, okay?

“Can we all sleep over at the hospital?” Toby questioned. Charlie shook her head before looking to Noah who had gone very quiet.

“No, I think you lot need to stay here and help daddy look after Luca, don’t you think?” Charlie questioned, still glancing at Noah.

“Yeah,” Ella answered. “We’ll bath and feed and do his nappies for him.” Ella said.

“But mummy I could look after you.” Toby said jumping down from the couch and putting his hands on her knees, looking up to her with his cheeky face.

“I know you could,” Charlie cupped his cheek. “But the doctors and nurses will look after me. You’re job is to look after daddy and Luca.” Charlie instructed and Toby grinned as he nodded.

“I go see Luca.” Toby said before running from the room to run up stairs to his brother.

“Don’t wake him.” Charlie raised her voice a little so he could hear her.

“I’ll make sure he doesn’t.” Ella said, she too running from the room.

“Okay but then you two need to come back here because I want to talk to you about whatever it is you’ve done,” Charlie shouted, waiting a moment in case she got a reply, but as expect, Toby and Ella didn’t answer back. Charlie shook her head a little before moving over to the couch, Rolo moving with her, once again resting himself against her leg, she gave him another small clap before looking to Noah. “You okay bud?”

“Nicholas from school,” Noah looked up to his mother, his big green eyes looking both sad and scared. “His daddy had a tumour in here,” Noah touched the side of his head. “Now he is in heaven.”

Charlie pursed her lips as she wrapped her arms around her son, Noah resting against his mother. “I’m not going to go to heaven,” Charlie spoke softly. “I have a different kind tumour. It’s not bad like Nicholas’ daddy’s was.”

“You said you had something bad in your tummy.” Noah replied.

“I know, I just meant...” Charlie exhaled. “Nicholas’ daddy had brain cancer. Mummy doesn’t have cancer so I’m not ill like he was. It’s not as bad, okay?” Charlie rubbed her sons arm as he gave a little nod.

“So you will be home for Sunday morning pancakes?” Noah questioned.

“I’ll be home for Sunday morning pancakes,” Charlie gave a little nod. “And daddy isn’t working all weekend so how about we do something fun?”

“Like....the aquarium?” Noah widened his eyes, Charlie smiling at seeing him light up again. “We can take Luca Thomas. He’s never been yet.”

“Going to the aquarium sounds great bud,” Charlie smiled as she rubbed his head. “It’s a date.” Charlie said and Noah grinned before hugging his mother. Charlie placed a soft kiss the top of his head, staying in the embrace with her eldest son a little longer.

Thanks Red Ranger 1, Sarah and Spotd1 for the comments. :)

One hundred and seventy-nine

Charlie was sitting on her bed, Luca laying length ways down her chest. She was rubbing his back gently as she read her book. “Hey,” Brax smiled at his wife as he walked into their bedroom. He sat down on the edge of the bed and undid the laces of his work shoes. “How was your night?”

“Fine,” Charlie answered as Brax sat on the bed next to her, looking down to his son. “How was work?” Charlie questioned as she put her book down.

“Work was okay,” Brax answered. He would tell Charlie about Rose’s announcement but later, he had other stuff to talk about with her first. “Did you tell the kids about tomorrow?” Brax questioned, taking Luca from his mothers chest as cuddling him close to him.

“Mmmm,” Charlie pursed her lips. “As expected Noah was the most concerned one,” Charlie told him. “But we had a little talk and he seems to be alright with it now.”

“Good,” Brax smiled lightly. “And how are you feeling about it?”

“I’m nervous but I’m sure most people are before surgery,” Charlie answered truthfully. “But I know I am in good hands.”

“That you are,” Brax wrapped one arm around his wife as his other kept a grip of his son. He placed a kiss on Charlie’s temple before looking down to Luca. “Look at the face he is making.” Brax laughed.

“Ah he’s leaving daddy a nice present.” Charlie chuckled.

“Leaving daddy?” Brax questioned.

“Oh yes,” Charlie nodded. “Definitely your turn,” Charlie slapped her hand against the top of his chest. “Oh yeah I told Noah we could go to the aquarium on Sunday.”

“Oh yeah?” Brax raised his eyebrows. “You sure you’ll be okay to do that?”

“I should be,” Charlie nodded. “If anything hurts it’ll only be my stitches. I’m not going to let anything ruin a nice day out with my husband and kids.” Charlie told him.

“But you do realise who your kids are, right?” Brax questioned. “They’ll run riot.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Well I’m sure they’ll be on their best behaviour for me at least as they know I’d have just had surgery,” Charlie told him. “And if they do run around then you’re in charge of controlling them,” Charlie said. “Or well, Toby.”

“Maybe we can put him on reins.” Brax laughed.

“He’s too old for reins,” Charlie said. “But you’re shoulders is an idea,” Charlie patted her husband’s chest. “Huh you can cart little Tobes around all day. How does that sound?”

“He’ll behave,” Brax told her. “And we can always bribe the kid with the promise of a toy from the shop if he does,” Brax gave a little laugh as he looked down to Luca, Luca still with the same expression on his face. “Ugh that’s some gift daddy is going to get buddy.” Brax rubbed his sons back. Charlie looked to the father and son with a smile on her face, knowing she was doing the right thing in having the surgery to not only remove the tumour but her ovaries and fallopian tubes as well, right now.

“Well I’ll leave you to deal with his gift,” Charlie said. “I’m going for a quick shower.” Charlie got up from the bed and walked over their en-suite, Brax looking down at his youngest before getting off the bed, needing to change his son.

Heath was sitting on the sand dunes, staring out to the ocean. The sun was rising over the bay and right in that moment, everything was so peaceful. “You’re up early.” Heath looked around and smiled as Bianca sat down next to him.

“So are you,” Heath replied. “You’re not sneaking back home after being with that kid again, are you?” Heath questioned. “Or did he need taught how to tie his shoe laces or something?” Heath laughed but stopped as Bianca slapped his chest.

“You daughter is teething,” Bianca said. “She’s been awake for a while. April’s trying to settle her. Told me to get some air,” Bianca pursed her lips. “Apparently my bad vibes are making her worse.”

“Bad vibes?” Heath scrunched his face.

“Well life isn’t exactly sunshine and lollypops right now, is it?” Bianca sucked in her bottom lip. “I slept with a kid, we are....well, not a we, I....” Bianca bowed her head.

“We could be a we,” Heath mumbled and Bianca exhaled sadly as she shook her head. “I love you, you love me, we can....counselling. We’ll go back to counselling, please Bianca,” Heath pleaded. “I....I don’t want anything else but to be with you and the girls. I just want my family back.”

“To much has happened,” Bianca played with her rings. “Rose, she.....you still fathered a baby with another woman.”

“That’s just it,” Heath said. “I didn’t. She was lying this whole time. There never was a baby,” Heath sounded sad and Bianca picked up on that. “She was never pregnant to begin with. It was all made up.”

“What?” Bianca sounded shocked. “Why the hell would she....” Bianca trailed off as she looked up to Heath.

“She was trying to get me to be with her.” Heath answered.

“And what would she have done when there was no baby?” Bianca questioned. “I know you are stupid but I’m pretty sure you’d notice no baby after 9 months.”

“You would think,” Heath exhaled. “But you know I would never have started anything with Rose. She was a one time...a two time mistake,” Heath said, staring into her gorgeous green eyes. “You are who I want now and forever.” Heath took Bianca’s hand into his and gently rubbed his thumb over hers. He smiled and she gave a weak smile back. Heath leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips, Bianca responding for a moment before pulling back, her lips pursing as she shook her head.

“You can’t just kiss me and think everything is going to be okay.” Bianca said, looking away from him.

“I’m not expecting that,” Heath answered. “I know we’ll be work, a lot of work, but it’s going to be worth it if it means we can be together again.”

Bianca took a deep breath, once again running her rings around her finger. “I should get back to the girls,” Bianca said, standing to her feet. “But I am sorry about Rose lying to you. I uhm...it must have be crushing to think you were going to be a father again then have it turn out not to be true.”

Heath exhaled sadly. “Not as crushing as losing you.” Heath admitted, watching his wife, hating that they were no more.

Bianca took a deep breath, pushing back tears that wanted to fall. “I uhm...I need more time,” Bianca said and Heath gave a little nod. “And thanks for not giving me too much grief over me and Bodhi.”

“Bodhi eh,” Heath smirked. “I’ve lots to say if you want to hear it.”

“No,” Bianca exhaled. “See you around.” Bianca said before turning and walking away, Heath watching her as he left, smiling a little as he rolled his wedding ring around his finger.

April parked the car at a lookout, overlooking a stretch of beach. She and Ruby got out and looked out to the distance. “Is this some kind of clue?” Ruby questioned.

“Just thought it would be a nice place to stop,” April replied. “And as I told you, you’ll find out where we get there.”

“And not a moment before.” Ruby muttered. She knew of course they were having a weekend away, but she was yet to know what was happening, Ruby of course knowing April would have planned something more than just the hotel.

“Isn’t the fact that you are going to be with me all weekend enough?” April questioned, raising her eyebrows a little.

“Well I guess so.” Ruby teased, nudging April’s arm before she wrapped her arm around her girlfriend, April rested her head on Ruby’s shoulder.

“Do I get a hint of what you’ve got me though?” April questioned.

“No way baby,” Ruby gasped. “You don’t share, I don’t share.”

April laughed a little as she turned to face her girlfriend. “I’m fine with not sharing,” April said, placing a soft kiss on Ruby’s lips. Ruby smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen as she pulled her girlfriend closer to her, her hands caressing her bum cheeks. “I want you all for myself.” April whispered as she pulled back from the kiss and leaned her forehead against Ruby’s.

“That sounds fine to me.” Ruby said before they once again met in a kiss.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Sarah, Sabrina and Spotd1 for the comments. :)

One hundred and eighty

Ruby and April walked into the hotel room, the both of them immediately noticing the bottle of champagne being chilled in a bucket of ice and a plate with chocolate covered strawberries on, the chocolate a mixture of white, milk and dark. There was a card next to it, from the hotel. Ruby picked it up and read the inside. ‘Ruby & April Scott-Buckton, Congratulations on your Anniversary. We trust you will have a wonderful stay here at the Edgewater Maia Resort and Spa.’ Ruby put the card back down before looking to her girlfriend. “Scott-Buckton?” Ruby raised her eyebrows. “Sweets I told you it’s going to be Buckton-Scott.”

“We’ll see.” April grinned cheekily.

“Mmm,” Ruby exhaled. “So now I am aware we are at a Spa can I take it you have lots of extravagant treatments booked for me?” Ruby questioned, liking the idea of a pampered weekend.

April looked down to her watch. “We have a couples massage in about an hour,” April told her. “But until then....” April trailed off as she shook her head. “Our schedule is free.”

“Well,” Ruby wrapped her arms around April’s waist. “We’ll need to think of something to do to fill the time, huh?” Ruby placed a soft kiss on April’s lips; April smiling into the kiss, letting it deepen a little as her arms wrapped around Ruby’s neck. They pulled back from the kiss, resting their foreheads against each others.

“Mmm,” April exhaled. “I love you so much.” April whispered placing another kiss on her girlfriend’s lips.

“I love you too,” Ruby replied, her hand moving down and gently squeezing April’s butt cheek. “I really do. I’ve never felt this before, it’s.....” Ruby exhaled. “It’s just so....wow.”

“I know,” April lightly rubbed Ruby’s cheek. “It’s....its real love.”April smiled before once again sharing a kiss with her girlfriend.

“Well my love,” Ruby said, pulling back and looking to the chocolate covered strawberries. “Would you like a strawberry?” Ruby questioned and April gave a little nod, Ruby picking up one with white chocolate covering it, knowing that white was her girlfriends favourite. April opened her mouth a little, taking a bite of the strawberry.

“Perhaps, I’ll return the favour.” April picked up a milk chocolate strawberry and offered it to Ruby. Ruby smiled before taking a bite.

“I really hate to kill this moment but I need to check my sugar levels before I eat too much chocolate.” Ruby said, taking a step back from her girlfriend.

“I’d rather you killed the moment than killed yourself,” April mumbled watching as Ruby walked over to her bag for her insulin kit. She pulled out a sponge bag and unzipped it, taking out her insulin kit, April widening her eyes at the other medication she had. “Jeeze,” April laughed as she sat down on the bed, looking at Ruby’s immunosuppressant’s, plus two other boxes of tablets which Ruby had to take each day. “Are you running a tuck shop for junkies?”

Ruby raised her eyebrows as she pricked finger to test her sugar levels. “Put that in the fridge please,” Ruby handed her her insulin and April walked over to the mini-bar and did as requested. “I’m good to eat a few more,” Ruby said throwing her lancet back into the bag with the rest of her medicine. “Let’s go back to feeding each other.” Ruby grinned as she walked back over to the table where the strawberries were, April following after her.

Charlie and Brax were sitting in the hospital room, waiting on the doctor to come through to take her down to surgery. Charlie was having last cuddles with Luca as they waited. “Do you think there is enough milk for him?” Charlie questioned. “Oh God Brax, what if I haven’t expressed enough milk? You know what he’s like with the formula.”

“I think you’ve expressed enough milk to be gone a month.” Brax laughed.

Charlie pursed her lips, still looking a little unsure. “Remember the twins need a bath tonight and it’s Ella’s turn to choose a movie to watch,” Charlie exhaled, herself, Brax and the kids usually watching a DVD together on a Friday night, the kids loving Friday night movie night, although Charlie figured the fact they got popcorn and a fizzy drink to be part of the reason. “And Toby likes his gummy worms but don’t let him eat too many otherwise he’ll make himself feel sick.”

“Charlie,” Brax laughed as he leaned forward and placed his hand on her arm. “I know all this stuff. I am their father not a first time babysitter,” Brax said. “I’ve got it all under control. You don’t need to be worrying, okay.”

“Sorry,” Charlie pursed her lips. “I know. You’ll be fine.” Charlie looked down to Luca who was falling asleep on her chest. She smiled weakly as she rubbed his back.

“You know it says on here that you might experience some memory loss,” Brax said looking down at a pamphlet on surgery under anaesthesia. “Some people never get it back either.”

“Why the hell would you tell me that?” Charlie questioned.

“Well I was just reading this and....” Brax answered holding the pamphlet up slightly higher. “I don’t know why,” Brax shrugged. “But it’s not like it’ll happen to you. It’s mostly old people it happens to.”

“Well let’s hope huh,” Charlie exhaled. “I could wake up later and not have a clue who the handsome guy with glasses is who’s staring down at me. I might think you are my doctor.” Charlie gave a cheeky grin.

Brax chuckled. “Well when you come home I’ll be your doctor so you’ll be a little right.” Brax said looking up as the door opened and Sid walked into the room.

“Brax, Charlie,” Sid smiled down at them. “How you feeling?”

“Starving.” Charlie answered looking to Sid. She’s not be able to eat or drink anything since midnight the day before, unless small sips of water.

“And you get the joys of hospital food once you’re awake and alert from this,” Sid laughed. “Hey maybe Brax will cook you a nice meal tomorrow when you get home.”

Charlie stifled a laugh. “More like take-out.” Charlie replied.

“Well you can dream of your take-out while you’re getting put under,” Sid said as Charlie stood up from the bed, still keeping a close hold on Luca. Brax stood up from the chair and followed Charlie and Sid out of the room to see a wheelchair sitting in the corridor. Charlie sighed a little as she looked to Sid. “Sorry, hospital policy.”

Charlie rolled her eyes as she sat down in the chair before looking to her husband. “I’ll be right here.” Brax whispered as he bent down and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Might want to hand the baby over,” Sid said and Charlie looked down to Luca and placed a soft kiss on his forehead before passing him over to Brax. “It’s an extremely safe routine procedure.” Sid told Brax, giving his shoulder a squeeze before pushing Charlie down the corridor to go for her operation.

Freya was screaming loudly as Bianca tried to soothe her. She’d rocked her, sang to her, tried distracting her with her hippo teddy, lay her on her play mat and put her in her cot and played the little musical mobile but nothing would soothe her cries. “C’mon sweetie,” Bianca rubbed her back wanting to take the pain away for her. “You’ve had your medicine. You can’t have anymore so soon,” Bianca had teething gel for her daughter, which would soothe her for a little while. She looked up as the doorbell rang and sighed lightly not really needing a visitor right now. “Look I have nothing to say to you and even if I did now isn’t the best time.” Bianca looked down to Freya who was still screaming out in pain.

“Please,” Rose exhaled. “I want 5 minutes of your time,” Bianca pursed her lips before letting her into the house. “Is she okay?”

“She cutting her first tooth.” Bianca answered as Rose took a seat on the couch.

“Isn’t she awfully young?” Rose questioned.

“She’s four months,” Bianca told her. “Every baby is different and I guess it’s not too young since it’s happening,” Bianca exhaled staring down at Rose. “So, what did you want?”

“I came here to tell you to give Heath another chance.” Rose spoke tentatively.

Bianca sniggered a little. “Did he put you up to this?”

“He hasn’t spoken to me since I told him the truth about the baby,” Rose pursed her lips. “I uhm....I figure you’ll have heard?”

“What that you weren’t even pregnant in the first place and mines and Heath’s marriage has been ruined beyond repair for no apparent reason?” Bianca questioned. “Yeah, I knew that.” Bianca continued to rock Freya in her arms, the girl showing no signs of stopping her tears anytime soon.

“I’m really sorry,” Rose pursed her lips. “I....I tend to obsess over things,” Rose said. “But, I promise I’ll stay away. I’m going to quit the restaurant and.....well I won’t really see Heath then, will I?” Rose questioned but before Bianca could answer she spoke again. “I hate that I’ve ruined your marriage but please know that none of this was Heath’s fault. It was all me, I -”

“Oh he’s not blameless. He slept with you. Twice.” Bianca said.

“Even so I could tell I wasn’t the one he wanted,” Rose exhaled sadly. “He’s mad about you, Bianca. I’m so sorry for what I did and I just hope that you can find it in your heart to give him another chance. I’m sure he’ll spend the rest of his life making it up to you.”

Bianca pursed her lips, feeling herself getting emotional at what Rose was saying. “I need to get Freya settled so I think you should leave now.” Bianca said and Rose gave a little nod as she stood up from the couch, Bianca clearly done listening to what she was saying. She walked over to the door before turning to face Bianca.

“When my nephew was teething he liked to suck on his mothers knuckle for a few minutes. It always helped.” Rose told her.

“Don’t tell me how to be a mother.” Bianca spat as she opened the door. Rose exhaled lightly before leaving, Bianca closing the door as soon as she stepped out. She looked down to Freya and watched as the tears were still falling out of her eyes. Her heart broke for her baby’s evident pain. She walked over to the kitchen and ran her hand under the tap, before she shook it a little dry. She put her knuckle into Freya’s mouth and after a moment’s hesitation Freya’s tears stopped as she started to suckle on her mother’s knuckle.

Archived