What Would You Do?

Ryan

On a lighter note. The show definitely needs a major injection of humor, in an interview a couple of years ago, Ray said that at its best the show had a good belly laugh at least twice an episode. Something it used to do so well. But the quirky characters that were responsible for those laughs are long gone. The only one remaining is Marilyn and she has been so terribly watered down that she's only good for an occasional smile at best.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would move Leah, Matt and VJ into Summer Bay House and move Alf, Roo and Maddy into a new house. I would bring back little Pip into Summer Bay House as well without Sally it'd be hard to write without Killing Sally off but it could be done. I would also bring Paul (Irene's grandson) into the show and move him into Irene's house and I'll bring back Lily to live with Irene.

I would phase out the Barrets and the mcGuire's as I haven't particularly warmed to them . I would keep Chris and move him into a caravan have him as a Lance Smart type character. I would also bring in a Dodge type character to be fostered by John and Marilyn, maybe he could have a special connection to Marilyn maybe he's Byron but he needs to cause drama and lots of it. Characters like Denny, Ash, Kyle and Phoebe need to have less crime surrounding them, I'd set Ricky back up with Nate and maybe put Ash and Leah together (don't hate me) but Ada needs a Gold Logie maybe having a secret affair will give her one. Morag needs to come back and I know writers have a hard time writing her because let's face it she's smarter then they can write for her but if they give her dementia or an illness they can soften her sharp tongue but still give her those moments when we need them.

I would go back to basics - storylines are only ever going to be exciting if you care about the characters involved (this is why Sally was always thrown into harm's way in the past). I think they need to have some more fostering going on - that was the whole premise of the show.

I would cut down on the crime in the show so that any crime perpetrated actually seems shocking rather than just your average week day night.

I would definitely inject more humour - one of the things I used to love about the show was that it didn't take itself so seriously.

I think the show needs to find its new Sally - someone to be anchor of the show. Perhaps Alf?

Actually I have to go back to the cast balance.

Currently there are 9 adult males. 5 of whom have criminal records.

10 adult females with the new teacher to come soon.

5 teen boys and 2 girls. With a new young male soon.

I find it indicative of everything that is currently wrong with the show, that the two mangrove river boys constantly have a girlfriend. The others (including Spencer in the past) tough luck boys.

This is mirrored in the adults.

The balance of the cast is causing a great many of the problems with the storylines.

So on to stories.

I would like to see a REAL baddie on the show. Not a muscle bound thug that is a five minute bad guy, before being sold as the newest hot thing. But a long term smart, manipulative conniver. The show lacks a Paul Robinson. A female baddie would be fine.

She could take down the bad boys a time or two.

Seeing Kyle and Ricky get some of their own and be conned out of the restaurant would be a good start. It would be good for the show if you didn't have to be a Braxton buddy to work there.

Further to my above post. I do think a move for a few characters would help with future storylines.

I would move Matt to Irene's. I'm sure he and Chris would be both fun and dramatic in their clashes.

Nate also needs to be out of Leah's. Perhaps a new house of the single guys.??

And I would have the twins with Zac and Leah. Three teens should keep them busy.

Maybe Kat and Phoebe could move in with Hannah and Den. Cue some funny boozy nights as they share their man problems. Not to mention the odd embarrassing moment as certain men run into each other whilst sneaking out in the mornings.

Almost forgot. Above all, I want to see consequences. I want the long term effects of actions to be both obvious and ongoing.

I don't want to see people who have committed serious crimes swan off overseas whilst on a good behavior bond. I want to see people EARN a second chance. Not have everyone falling all over themselves to forgive the unforgivable just because.

And I want to see the nice guys winning.

Further to my above post. I do think a move for a few characters would help with future storylines.

I would move Matt to Irene's. I'm sure he and Chris would be both fun and dramatic in their clashes.

And I would have the twins with Zac and Leah. Three teens should keep them busy.

Maybe Kat and Phoebe could move in with Hannah and Den. Cue some funny boozy nights as they share their man problems. Not to mention the odd embarrassing moment as certain men run into each other whilst sneaking out in the mornings.

Almost forgot. Above all, I want to see consequences. I want the long term effects of actions to be both obvious and ongoing.

I don't want to see people who have committed serious crimes swan off overseas whilst on a good behavior bond. I want to see people EARN a second chance. Not have everyone falling all over themselves to forgive the unforgivable just because.

And I want to see the nice guys winning.

I agree with everything you say. I too would love to see people start facing the consequences for their actions. Remember the days where people were punished for murder even if it were an accident or the character they killed wasn't well liked. For all the drama, H&A used to have characters with some moral compass.I also agree about wanting to see the nice guys prosper.

I like the idea of having a proper villain - perhaps along the lines of Angie Russell.

I would add in a couple of young Irishmen. possibly with comical personalities like Connor in Neighbours in the 2000's, they possibly could be cousins of Zak Maguire

While I agree that the show needs some fun characters with personality, unfortunately Lucy would no doubt run true to form and make any Irishmen gun running terrorists.

• 1 month later...

Don't want to give away spoilers and get in trouble, but while I'm on a roll.

Want to see Kyle and Ricky lose the restaurant. Mainly so that other characters who are not Braxton related can work there. John, Marilyn and Roo running it would be good. It would make Angelo's more community centred instead of being Braxton HQ. Also would be good to see a realistic storyline about Ricky struggling to cope with a baby financially after her partner went to prison/died.

Also would like to see Andy run the gym into the ground due to his difficulty with paperwork. Again some reality.

And, on a lighter note, the show still lacks humour. Madge Wilkins in the Diner, gossiping and driving poor Irene nuts, springs to mind. Can imagine hilarious scenes with her and Chris.

Forgot a storyline I'd love to see earlier.

Kyle finding out he's not a Braxton. I'm sure they didn't bother with such trifles as a paternity test when he turned up originally. Watching him go into sulky angry mode when he realises that the whole 'I'm a Braxton and nothing else matters' bull of the last three years has all been a big fat lie, would be fun.

Also it could be connected to young Casey getting sick. Brax and big Casey could have been the right blood type to save him. Obviously this would tie in with Ricky finding out that Brax is alive. To no avail.

Cue baby dying, Ricky losing it as she realises that yet again Brax wasn't there for his family when they really needed him.

I think it would be an excellent departure story for both Ricky and Kyle and would be a more honest ending to the Braxton era. I.e. Braxs actions were never heroic, they were mostly selfish and arrogant.

I want with all my heart for Robbie to come back. Ella would be about 10 now. Maybe Tash couldn't deal with raising a (rapist's) child after all and took off. I can see Robbie coming back to Irene for help. Maybe Josie follows him so she and Irene can clash as grandmother figures and play the blame game as to why Tash couldn't cope. And if Kit should bring Archie along for some reason, so much the better... (That would have to be a visit though. It might literally kill me if Kim lost another kid 

.. Unless... Kim was literally killed... And Robbie was back for the funeral and... Oh god! Why am I doing this to myself :( ????)

Yeah, I just want the past to be revived. I'M NOT LETTING GO!! As long as Irene is there, all my faves (who are not currently Hollywood mega stars) can come back and mingle with my new fave, Chris :) Irene is the key to everything! Her house and her relationship with Chris are the only things that still feel positive and real to me these days. Kyle is the only thing that feels NEGATIVE and real. For all the Braxton hate on here, I do NOT want to lose him. He goes to some dark places but he does it consistently well. He has so much more left in him...

Archived