What Would You Do?

Ryan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I think there have been other threads like this but I couldn't find one at a quick look.

I don't want to start this with negatives, so although I do think a number of the current cast could go, I'll concentrate more on positive suggestions.

More teenage girls. The current balance of the cast is appalling and if you're looking for good material for drama, you need look no further than a teenage female. But please cast believable girls, not 25 year olds.

A new FAMILY, you know Mum, Dad and a couple of kids. Maybe a couple of girls. Dad could take over the gym after Andy runs it into the ground, (sorry couldn't help myself) and Mum could be a QUALIFIED physio. Always plenty of call for those in the bay.

I think Kat needs a sidekick, or rather a hot new boss. A sexy new male Sergeant who doesn't put up with any s**t from the bad boys and reminds the women of Summer Bay that nice guys are the best choice.

Okay given that my last suggestion will no doubt bring a flood of complaints, I'll stop there for now.

That's my cast suggestions. Storyline ones to follow.

PS forgot before, a new gay character as suggested by so many. Maybe my new family could have an older kid for this character.

Pps thanks John, ( you know what for.)

- I would try to inject more Humour, Give the show a live, sunnier feel. (Ditch the filmic look but still keep it HD)

- Only do Crime/Medical when we LEAST expect it. Gets boring if it's every week.

- Get some more friends for Jett and probably Mazza

Yes ditch the filmic look I hate it with a passion. They always make shows seem dull even in sunny weather. Neighbours and H&A need to ditch their filmic looks.

Now that Dan Bennett is back, I am hoping we see an improvement in the show, a transition, or could it just be wishful thinking? Summer Bay House exterior has returned but after a few days it became seldom seen in favour for more Braxton fight, crime and lust scenes.

From 1988-2011 H&A had the sunny feel of the beach locations and totally whipped Neighbours with its exotic locations. Now any sunny locations are used for another Braxton fight, drug or murder plot.

Also if I was producer I would get Josef Brown to return and I would cast Julie Mullins as a friend of Roo she knew while living away from Summer Bay and I would also cast another former Neighbours star, Regina Gaigalis (Andrea Townsend 1986) as the sister of Palmer.

And yes, I would seriously stick to my previous threads that make the crime stories exceptional instead of the norm.

.I don't think we're witnessing the end of Home and Away any more than we were in the Sutherland era.I

Ironically, I saw the Sutherland Era as a New Dawn and have since labelled it such but they got played out within 3yrs. After about 2003, I was like "Please, do one! All of you!"

.I don't think we're witnessing the end of Home and Away any more than we were in the Sutherland era.I

Ironically, I saw the Sutherland Era as a New Dawn and have since labelled it such but they got played out within 3yrs. After about 2003, I was like "Please, do one! All of you!"

I'm kind of the opposite. I didn't hate them or anything. But after they arrived, I kept waiting to warm to them, and I kind of never did. Eventually I realised I just didn't like them.

I'm not saying they should have been carbon copies of the original Fletchers, but at least when they arrived they were sympathetic with interesting backstories. The Sutherlands were all very unlikeable and nothing was done to make us care about them.

I would love to see a good domestic violence storyline. My happy new nuclear family no doubt would be the ideal characters. Obviously there have been the ideal characters for such a story in recent years, but instead of telling realistic stories about men from violent backgrounds, the show chose to portray them as every womans dream.

Sorry, back to the serious suggestions. I would love to see more realistic stories about social issues such as this. Unfortunately I don't think the show could do such a story justice.

Archived