Worst guest actors in recent years

Guest CaptainHulk

Haha! Interesting topic. I actually thought Jody was a pretty good actress, especially when she returned in 2011.

The worst guest actor that springs to mind is Sandy Winton, who played the husband of a woman treated by Rachel Armstrong in 2009. The mother lost the baby, and went on to blame Rachel, kidnapping Harry. Sandy played the part in his usual deadpan, emotionless style which he went on to use as Michael Williams in Neighbours, until he was axed :lol: . I think the casting on H&A is in general very well-considered, and there haven't been any others that I can think of at all.

This is going back about 6 years, but I remember this boy who shared a scene with Matilda and some school mates as they sat at a table in the diner discussing some school play or something being rather bad. Having said that I don't think they are necessarily my least favourite, sometimes they can be my favourites so long as they don't detract too much from the show, it can be fun to laugh at their awesome badness.

Josh Rosenthal who played Scott Phillips in 2003 was an extremely wooden actor and almost laughable with the way he posed as a tough villain. It was only his physicality that made him seem intimidating, but there was little intimidation factor about him considering he was supposed to play a hard-core villain.

Nathaniel Dean who played Scott Phillips in 2001 was excellent and he played the role extremely well.

Josh Rosenthal who played Scott Phillips in 2003 was an extremely wooden actor and almost laughable with the way he posed as a tough villain. It was only his physicality that made him seem intimidating, but there was little intimidation factor about him considering he was supposed to play a hard-core villain.

Nathaniel Dean who played Scott Phillips in 2001 was excellent and he played the role extremely well.

Bingo. Original Scott was awesome. He seemed genuinely psychotic and capable of snapping at any second, while new Scott was just terrible. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the original plan was for him to lead the 2004 siege (instead of Sarah Lewis) and thank God that plan got scrapped because he would have butchered it terribly.

Bingo. Original Scott was awesome. He seemed genuinely psychotic and capable of snapping at any second, while new Scott was just terrible. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the original plan was for him to lead the 2004 siege (instead of Sarah Lewis) and thank God that plan got scrapped because he would have butchered it terribly.

Yes he was originally going to be the character that was going to lead the 2004 siege. If Nathaniel Dean played the role, it would of worked excellently, but I just don't believe Josh Rosenthal would have done a good job of it.

At least with Sarah Lewis, it meant the 'Summer Bay Stalker' storyline was allowed to happen as well.

Archived