20 Years as Irene

Guest Dan F

Congratulations Irene! Hope 2013 will see Irene become a central and important character again. She's been an extra for too long!

I do think her role as a mentor to the younger generation needs expanding. She has marvellous opportunities through her role in providing a "home" for young singles and through her constant meeting of people at the Diner.

Wow congratulations Irene! :D Lynne had done such a amazing job for playing Irene on the show for 20 years! :) She's my favourite character and hope she stays on the show forever and forever.....!!! :P

Hey I have a question...I wonder what happened to the other actress who played Jacqy Phillips on the show for a short time. I tried to find out about her on the show but nothing. I just saw a video clip of her when she was on H&A back in 1991.

Congratulations to Lynne. Irene has been one of the best characters the show has ever seen. She's so different now compared to 20 years ago in regards to the way the character was. From memory Irene even smoked.

I hope 2013 sees more storylines for Irene, but I won't hold my breath for it to happen though.

Hey I have a question...I wonder what happened to the other actress who played Jacqy Phillips on the show for a short time. I tried to find out about her on the show but nothing. I just saw a video clip of her when she was on H&A back in 1991.

Still acting, recent pic of her here

Congratulations Irene! Hope 2013 will see Irene become a central and important character again. She's been an extra for too long!

I do think her role as a mentor to the younger generation needs expanding. She has marvellous opportunities through her role in providing a "home" for young singles and through her constant meeting of people at the Diner.

I'm very late in replying to this but I agree completely that Irene has marvellous opportunities. Let's hope that the writers take advantage of her being in the Diner (centre of the community) and she can have a prominent role again. I'm excited that it seems as though her family will be returning too!

Archived