Relative Difficulties (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Danni02

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOOVED that, especially …..

“Heath,”Sid replied in a tone that didn’t exactly qualify as warm.

Heath glanced around the room and saw Xavier, Indi and Pammy congregating in a corner.He glared at them.“Decided to call in the big guns, did you?”

“They didn’t ask me to come here,”Sid replied,“But when Indi let me know that they had a new house guest, I thought I’d better come over and…”

“What?Make sure the Big Bad Heath hasn’t murdered them in their beds?Well, I managed not to, so now you can go.”

“Yes, I can.And you can come with me.”

Heath stared at him in slight confusion.“Come again?”

“Well, until you do, you can help out around the farm to make up your board.”

Heath stopped in his tracks and stared at him.“Hey, no way am I a farmhand.”

Sid met his gaze without flinching.“As long as you’re going to rely on this family’s hospitality, Heath, that’s exactly what you are.”

Heath looked away and followed Sid out of the flat, grumbling as he did so.

Xavier, Indi and Pammy watched them go.“Your dad can be awesome sometimes,”Xavier noted at last.

Indigo nodded.“He has his moments.”

.“So, er, things are going okay between you two then?”he asked.

“No, we hate each other,”Ric answered jokingly,“Ah, Drew’s having lunch with Sasha if you wanted to speak to him…”

“No, it might be best if it’s just the two of us,”Romeo acknowledged,“Have you ever had a sister?”

Ric thought for a moment.“Well, Cassie was kind of the closest thing I ever had, so probably not the best example.”

“Is this about Mink?”Ric noticed Romeo’s surprised look and shrugged.“The mention of sisters kind of gave it away.”

Tracey is BEYOND annoying, but I LOOOVE Mink in this fic. Sooooo feisty !!!!

VERY MUCHLY enjoyed that, most especially …..

Heath stopped and looked at him.“No, I had a bit of a break round lunchtime.Caught the bus down to the beach and had a surf for an hour or so.That okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, that’s fine.I mean, you’ve obviously been hard at it the rest of the time.”Sid surveyed the cleared area, feeling somewhat impressed.“Heath, you surprise me.”

There was a flash of annoyance in Heath’s eyes.“Yeah?How’s that?”

Sid sensed he was on dangerous ground but he’d said too much to back off.“Well, I didn’t expect you to get all this done.”

“What, because you just see me as a River Boy?Think I haven’t done a day’s work in my life?”

Sid struggled to remain calm, despite his rising frustration.“Heath, I’m trying to pay you a compliment here.”

“Yeah, that I’m not the useless layabout you thought I was.Thanks a bunch, Doctor Walker.”Heath threw down his rake and headed off down the drive.

Mink slammed her pad down on the counter.“Well, that’s my break.”

Indi shot her a disbelieving look.“Mink, you can see what this place is like.We’ve got three large groups in.At least wait until they’ve all ordered.”

“Uh-uh, contracted hours,”Mink retorted,“You want me to work in my break, speak to my union.”

Or the Music teacher.”

“Mum,”Peter hissed warningly.

Ruby did her best to ignore the comment.“I can arrange some special tuition if you want, there are plenty of tutors I can recommend…”

“And how much would that cost?”Tracey asked.

“Or I could arrange to have Peter transferred to another subject.”

Tracey looked triumphant.“Oh, so that’s your game, is it?Get rid of him by giving him bad marks and sending him to another class?”

“No, that’s not what I’m saying,”Ruby insisted,“I’m happy to have him in my class, I’m just worried about his future…”

“So am I,”Tracey replied,“And I won’t have it jeopardised by your vendetta against our family.”

“I don’t have anything against your family.Or Peter.I just think…”

Tracey had already stood up.“I’ll be talking to your superior about this.Come on, Peter.”

Peter gave Ruby an apologetic shrug and followed Tracey out.

Ruby sank deeper into her chair.