Relative Difficulties (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Danni02

Enjoyed that, most especially …..

Tracey wasn’t to be put off.“Well, of course she wouldn’t say anything, she’s too clever for that.But his marks…”

“Mrs.Bledcoe, I’ve looked over all Peter’s assignments,”Gina answered,“As far as I can see, Mrs. Smith has marked them perfectly fairly.Even generously in some cases.”

But the woman had obviously noticed him chatting to the boy, since she suddenly came running out of the sea towards them.“What’s going on?”she demanded.

“Just checking on the kid,”Heath answered, bracing himself for the usual barrage of abuse from people who caught him near their children.

Instead, the woman looked as defensive as him.“I was watching him from the water,”she insisted,

And then the last thing Heath was expecting happened:He turned on her.“Where do you chicks get off?”he demanded angrily,“You think you can play with men’s lives.Bet you’ll go running to the poor sucker when you need help, won’t you?Who cares what it does to his life?”

He stormed off towards the water, leaving Mink, for possibly the first time in her life, too stunned to respond.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Tracy's being very annoying. I can sort of see where she is coming from,but it will be Peter who will suffer in the long run.

A slight mix up with Ric and Drew thinking Mink likes Heath. Wonder if the rurmours wil start and maybe get back to Xavier.

On a side note Mink and Heath would make a good pairing I think.

Update soon and Happy New Year to you. :)

I know it’s a risk, but I LOOOOOOVE that Ruby is brave enough to do this thing with Peter

That was ACE, especially …..

,“Or maybe he’s moved away.To the South Pole.”

Casey glanced at him.“You didn’t have to come.”

“Well, I kinda did.I mean, we’re a team.I’m just not looking forward to the reunion with your big and scary brother.”

“Crazy as it may seem, I think I am.I mean, I haven’t seen Heath and Brax in so long.Maybe it’s about time we had a catch up.”

“I’m just counting down the seconds until I get his fist in my face.”

Casey turned round to face Dexter.“I promise that won’t happen, okay?”

Dexter smiled at him fondly.“Ah, my big, strong hero.”

“Don’t you know it.”Casey leaned in and kissed him, lightly at first but then letting the kiss deepen as they held each other.

“Don’t let me stop you,”Heath remarked as he walked past them into the lounge room.

Dexter and Casey sprang apart.“Heath,”Casey greeted his brother, then floundered as he realised he wasn’t sure what to say next,“How’ve you been?”

“Not as good as you, little brother,”Heath responded as he sat down on the sofa and began draining a can of beer,“So let me guess.Doctor Walker told you I was here so you and your wife decided to come round and make sure I stayed in line.”

“No…”Casey faltered, since that was a pretty accurate description of what had happened.“I just thought it’d be good to see you again.”

Heath shrugged.“Lot’s changed.”He glanced at Dexter.“I know Case got his head messed with by Ruby but what happened to you?Last time I saw you, you were dating that April chick.”

It was a conversation Dexter didn’t want to get into.“She died,”he replied, hoping Heath wasn’t tactless enough to request details.

Heath shrugged.“Bummer.What about that hot older sister of hers?”

Peter shook his head.“I don’t want to be stuck in an office all my life, I want some options.I want to get my HSC.”

“Well, I’d offer to talk to your mum but she’s not gonna listen to me.I can ask Mrs.Palmer to have a word…”

“I was wondering if you’d tutor me.”

Ruby looked at him in shock.“Your mum’s not going to agree to that.”

“We don’t have to tell her.”

Ruby could feel alarm bells ringing in her head.“Peter, your HSC’s over a year away!I can’t tutor you in secret for that long!”

“Well, Mum might change her mind.I just want to make sure I don’t fall behind in the meantime.”He looked at her pleadingly.“Please?”

Ruby knew she should say no:The practicalities, not to mention Tracey’s hostility towards her, meant the idea was unworkable.And yet, somehow, with this odd blood tie they had, she felt responsible for Peter.So she found herself slowly nodding.“Okay.We’ll give it a try.”

Heath's back because of family business, I wonder what that could mean? I guess he could of just been winding Casey up though.

Ruby and Peter's tutoring lessons could cause a whole lot of trouble. Exicting stuff.

Edited by pembie

LOVING Ruby, Mink AND Heath in this fic !!!!!!!!

That was FANTASTIC, most especially …..

Ruby sighed.“Look, I don’t need you guys to tell me how badly this could go, I’ve thought of everything myself.But Peter needs my help and I kind of need to give it to him.”She nodded towards Indi.“Wouldn’t you do the same for Sasha?”

“Okay, I can see the similarity,”Indi admitted,“But you’re still putting an awful lot on the line for this boy.”

“Does Charlie know about this?”Xavier asked.

Ruby looked awkward.“Are you serious?The less she knows about me and Grant’s family the better.”

Heath felt somewhat ridiculous standing around on a beach but he didn’t know where else to go.The fact that every now and then someone would shoot a look at him and make a whispered comment didn’t help.He kept looking up and down the coast until finally he saw her:Mink, walking along the sand with Brixx holding onto her hand.He went running up to her.“Mink!Wait up!”

He was half-expecting her to try and bolt.But instead she stood her ground.“If you’re going to tell me what a lousy mother I am again, can you not do it in front of Brixx?”

Brixx gripped her hand protectively.“You’re a good mother.”

Heath looked at him awkwardly.“Yeah, she is, mate.”He looked back at Mink.“I meant to say sorry, okay?I don’t know you, I don’t know this bloke you hooked up with…All that stuff was meant for someone else, y’know?”

“Yeah, I kinda guessed that.For the record, I don’t know how to get in touch with Brixx’s dad.I only met him the once and we didn’t swap details.If I did know…maybe I’d tell him, maybe not.I don’t know.”

“Yeah.Look, you’re the only person I’ve met here that doesn’t look at me like I’m dirt.So, I’m sorry that I judged you.”

Mink nodded.“Maybe see you out in the surf sometime.”

“Yeah, maybe.”Heath headed up onto the headland.As he was heading back to his car, he found Ric and Drew standing there.“Who are you?”

“We’re friends of Romeo’s,”Ric answered.

Heath clicked his fingers.“Romeo!Yeah, that was the wimp’s name.So what can I do for you?”

“We’re here to tell you to stay away from his sister,”Drew replied.

“Yeah?Looks to me like she can look after herself.”

“Look, she’s had a pretty rough time,”Ric argued,“She doesn’t need you messing her up.”

“Haven’t done anything, yet.But she’s hot and she’s better company that you two, so who knows, maybe I will see her again?See you around.”Heath pushed past them and got into his car, driving away.

Good chapter

Ruby better be careful with Peter and these lessons.I have a feeling it will all end very badly for them both.

When Mink was talking about Brixx's dad, for a sec there I had a wild thought that his dad might turn out to be Heath.

I am probably wrong about that but hey. :D

Look forward to more.