Relative Difficulties (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Danni02

REALLY liked that, especially ……

 Indigo grimaced.“I know she’s your sister-in-law and everything but she’s not really a people person.”

“No, I’ve found that out lots of times myself,”Ruby agreed,“But she did help you and Xav get back together after April died.”

 “They’re fine, so don’t change the subject.We all know what happened with Peter…”

“Yeah but thankfully Gina doesn’t and neither does Mum, so let’s keep it that way, okay?Things have been fine between us since…”

“Since he kidnapped you?”

Ruby sighed.“I don’t think he was ever really serious about that, he was just messed up over what happened to Grant.”

“Well, I’m not sure I could go on teaching him after that.”

“What about his mum?”Indi asked,“Is she happy with it?”

Ruby shrugged.“I haven’t seen her since we took Peter home that day.She hasn’t turned up at the school ranting, which is probably a good sign.As for me and Peter, well, we’ve kind of reached this holding pattern where we pretend we only know each other from school.It’s working fine for us so far.”

“Maybe I should try that with Mink,”Indi mused,“Pretend she and my husband don’t act like they’re besties and…”

“Sack her?”Sasha suggested.

“Treat her like any other employee.”

Ruby gave her a sympathetic look.“Hard, isn’t it?”

 She couldn’t help noticing that Elizabeth didn’t seem to have any problems holding his other hand.“Oh, you’re a big girl now?”she asked her daughter.

Summer nodded.“I’m nearly at high school.”

“I thought you might like holding my hand.”

“No, that’s what babies like Lizzie do.”

“I’m not a baby,”Elizabeth protested, not for the first time,“I’m seven.”

 “New family still feels a bit weird, huh?”Drew asked understandably,“I think Mattie would approve.”

“Yeah, I know she would and sometimes it doesn’t feel weird at all, it feels great.It’s just every now and then…Anyway, what about you and Sasha?You going to be starting a family any time soon?”

Drew looked like he was going to choke at the question.“We’ve only just moved in together.”

“Biological clock’s ticking, mate.She knows you’ve turned thirty?”

“Well, it’s not like I’m on the verge of turning sterile.”Drew shrugged.“I guess if the time comes, the time comes.”

Ric nodded.“Guess you never know what’s around the corner.”

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good chapter

For a second there I thought Mink was going to lose Pammy while building sandcastles with Brixx. It must of been abit worrying for Indi seeing Xavier and Mink wrestling about in the sand together like that. :unsure:

I can sense there is some more trouble on the way for Ruby. Look forward to more.

Edited by pembie

LOOOOOVE that, especially ……

 .”Ruby remembered the curiosity she’d felt about him when he’d first come back into her life.Even though she’d done her best to keep her distance from him, that curiosity remained.“

 It’s just…she keeps talking about you.Asking if you’re giving me a hard time.I mean, I say you’re not, I say you’re fair, but…she might not be all that happy with you.I just thought you should know.”

 Brixx followed her gaze, watching Xavier for a moment.“Is that what you used to do?”

Mink lowered her head.“Yeah, that’s right.”

“You were really good at it, weren’t you?”

Mink smiled.“Mummy was the best.And if anyone tells you differently, they’re lying.”

 Mink gestured to the light top and trousers she was wearing.“I’m not exactly dressed for it.And if you’re hoping I’m gonna go surfing in my underwear, you are out of luck.”

“I thought you might have a bikini on under there or something.”

“Oh and you regularly imagine what I’m wearing under my clothes, do you?”

Xavier sat down next to her.“Look, Mink, I know you.Surfing’s what you love.But you’ve been back living here six months and I haven’t seen you go out once.”

“Well, maybe you don’t know me as well as you think you do,”Mink snapped.She looked out to sea but she could feel Xavier’s eyes on her and knew she’d have to say more.“I haven’t been surfing since my accident,”she admitted.

 Don’t do that when you’re wet,”Mink warned him.Xavier continued poking her.“Xavier!”She grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him past her, so he landed on his back with her bending over him.He grabbed hold of her other arm with a grin and the two of them started wrestling, rolling back and forth in the sand.Brixx was obviously amused by the game since he started throwing sand over them with his spade.

 .“What were you doing down here anyway?”

“Having fun.”

“That I could see.”

I hope everything goes okay with Peters parent/teacher night. Kinda feel a little worried for Rubes if I am honest. Mink and Xavier....hmm, I thought they were going to end uo kissing there....who knows maybe they were if Indi didn't turn up. Mustn't have been nice for her to see her husband (they're married, right? :unsure: ) with another woman like that. Brixx throwing sand on them made me chuckle a little.

Update soon. Looking forward to more. :)