Fans to have 'input' via Social Media

Guest Dan F

I think this is actually quite a bad move by the head office at H&A...

The show risks becoming quite shallow if the storylines are not layered properly or are not addressing current events which are important in the world today.

I just hope that the producers acknowledge what the fans are suggesting, maybe take the idea but develop it much further themselves so that the show itself is not ruined.

I have to agree with the point that Jen made also.

If this move had been made a year, or even two/three years ago, the Adelle fandom, Charlie & Brax, Martha & Jack fandom etc, would have made their intentions about the couples staying together, not dying, not being killed off, very clear. Now I know in those cases, half of the couple's actor wanted to leave but still it's the principal I'm talking about.

Break-ups are important, if a couple remains together for too long it becomes boring... although the fandom might want it.

Jen also drew reference to Glee and, although she is right about the writers giving the fans what they want a lot of the time, the show is, I believe, successful because it deals with the stuff that is going on in the world today, not solely just what the fans want.

I hope Head Office don't later regret this decision....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and this stalker storyline for Leah but I'm sure if Ada wasn't going on maternity leave I'm sure she'd be in the background).

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened and I'd put my money on the fact that more often than not, characters like Irene and Alf only get serious storylines when they need to be written out for the actor taking leave. I dread to think how few storylines we'd get for these characters if the actors didn't occasionally remind the writers of their existence by asking for time off.

I think the silly thing is a good and well written story, is a good and well written story - people know when they are watching something worth while and engaging. I have no doubt that the majority of H&A viewers just want to watch solid drama they can relate to, whether it be Brax or Irene. But of course viewers will favour those characters who are blatantly given better dialogue, better storyline, more drama, more screen time etc. and find those who have sloppy seconds uninteresting.

Well, it looks like British viewers will be party to this input. Channel 5 have launched a viewer survey.

This is your chance... be brutally honest and for Gawd's sake, don't hold back!

You can fill that out even if u are Australian or from another country as they don't ask for your address. When it comes to the English channels just pick one (eg channel 5). I filled it out.

Archived