Has anyone been on the Home and Away Tour of "Summer Bay"?

Guest River Girl

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been on the Home and Away Tour as I am booked in to go in just under 2 weeks and would love to hear what you thought.

Hi there.

Unfortunately there is NO Home and Away Tour, but you are more than welcome to see the cast film scenes on location at Palm Beach in Sydney, Australia.

Hope this helps

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been on the Home and Away Tour as I am booked in to go in just under 2 weeks and would love to hear what you thought.

Hi there.

Unfortunately there is NO Home and Away Tour, but you are more than welcome to see the cast film scenes on location at Palm Beach in Sydney, Australia.

Hope this helps

Actually there IS a (unofficial) tour....the very fact that it's been booked should have been a clue.

I've not been on it, but from what I know, all you're pretty much paying for is the convenience of being taken to Palm Beach with a handful of (mostly minor) H&A locations on the way - strangely there's focus on North Head and coffee at Manly which, whilst scenic, have no relation to H&A at all. It's probably useful for those who don't have the use of a hire car to see those few locations without having to get on and off numerous buses though.

Thanks all.

Yeah, there is a tour of Home and Away, but only the outside stuff like the actual beach, surf club, diner and all that. You can't see the inside set as that's filmed in a studio in Australian Technology Park in Redfern and that isn't open to the public unfortunately. The link to the your I'm going on is here: http://holidaystays.tourstogo.com.au/tour/...-and-away-tour/ for anyone whose interested. I'll be sure to pop back in next week and let you all know what it was like.

strangely there's focus on North Head and coffee at Manly which, whilst scenic, have no relation to H&A at all.
Ah, it's one of those tours, then! Used to have loads of them when I worked for a well-known travel agent on the Costa Del Sol in Spain that our excursions would have to compete with. The bucket shops would be cheaper, but you'd stop for coffee about 5 times between Torremolinos and Gibraltar!

. Hopefully after uni and before getting a job (and becoming a grown-up) I'll have some time to visit Aus.

I can relate to that! I'm at college (UK) so it'll be a while before I have the money to visit the beautiful beaches of Australia. :( It's definitely been an ambition of mine for a long time though and I will visit Palm Beach one day!

Archived