Why is every promo about The River Boys

Guest bijou

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That it is. I also really don't like how for most of the week the episodes are centered around the Braxtons. Lousie Bowes has been contacted several times for many months from long term fans who would rather not have them occupy so much screen time but it has continued for a long time. I'm also sick of iconic characters such as Marilyn, Alf, Irene and Leah turn into extras and background characters. There is so much wrong with the show and if us fans can identify what's wrong then surely TPTB can too?....

I actually agree with this. I love Casey and I find the Braxtons interesting characters but even I can't help but notice that every promo is about them. I'd much rather see a Dex promo right now than a Braxton one and even the official H&A fan page on facebook has the Braxtons as the header. A sign much?

Good question. I don't know. I guess the producers don't care if we like it or not. It's all about the River Boys now. They've overdone it with them in almost every episode, if they had maybe used the characters sparingly, or not as much, then they might be liked by more of us than is.

I don't think they are main stay characters. So I reckon we'll see them depart before too long. Here's to hoping.

if they had maybe used the characters sparingly, or not as much, then they might be liked by more of us than is.

Good point. The producers shot themselves in the foot with the River Boys as far as I'm concerned. Last week some of The River Boys scenes (Aus Pace) were genuenly well written Imo, particularly the scene on the beach between Brax and Heath, discussing their emotions and family. It was character driven and engaging. They should have left it at that for the week and allowed other characters storylines to take center stage. But instead they, or their storylines feature in every episode nearly and its overkill, constant screen time as well as the crime based plots have put a dark cloud over the show for me... sometimes the sun shines and I like an episode or a scene here and there, but mostly I dislike what I'm watching.

Archived