Why is every promo about The River Boys

Guest bijou

Your right John plus the only thing that bothers me about the River Boys is that they are overused, all three are good charactes and they are good actors but they've also got other good characters and great actors playing them. Georgie Parker is a Gold Logie winning actress give her a good cry or a breakdown and she can win one next year.

I'd agree that Braxtons were overused particularly in the early stages of their time on the show. I also think that the order of presentation of the characters developement was very poorly handled. The violence and crime which a number of viewers complain about was necessary for us to understand the characters but went on for far too long before Danny was introduced. Danny explained much of why the characters are like they are.

I think Georgie Parker is being messed around with rather than used in good storylines. That annoys me as she is a fine actress.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a difficulty with simply "writing off"the 12 -15 year old Facebook and Twitter fans particularly when you assert that they aren't long term viewers. Sure they aren't at the moment, they haven't lived long enough. ( and being young isn't a crime :P ). But will they be in the future? If so then they have to be attracted to the show now.

I hope that it has been a positive move for the show, and I think now there is certainly a very enthusiastic audience who weren't there in say, 2010.

However, I can't see Steve, Dan and Lincoln staying on the show longer than perhaps late-2013/early-2014. And what happens when they depart? That audience switches off.

I think there is a difficulty with simply "writing off"the 12 -15 year old Facebook and Twitter fans particularly when you assert that they aren't long term viewers. Sure they aren't at the moment, they haven't lived long enough. ( and being young isn't a crime :P ). But will they be in the future? If so then they have to be attracted to the show now.

I hope that it has been a positive move for the show, and I think now there is certainly a very enthusiastic audience who weren't there in say, 2010.

However, I can't see Steve, Dan and Lincoln staying on the show longer than perhaps late-2013/early-2014. And what happens when they depart? That audience switches off.

I think that's the next challenge for the writers. If we accept that a change in the show's feel has attracted a new audience then how do the writers, producers etc. retain them while also retaining a significant part of the "older" audience.

I suppose the question is whether the newer audience was attracted by the actors/characters Steve, Dan and Lincoln or was it the kind of character they portrayed.

I'd like to see this new, edgier character woven into the fabric of the show alongside alongside the more familiar, long term themes of the show so that the show experienced an evolution rather than a revolution. After all evolutions often produce new more adaptable creatures. Revolutions all too often just cause chaos and destruction.

I'd like to see this new, edgier character woven into the fabric of the show alongside alongside the more familiar, long term themes of the show so that the show experienced an evolution rather than a revolution. After all evolutions often produce new more adaptable creatures. Revolutions all too often just cause chaos and destruction.

I agree, perhaps initially Casey could have been fostered by Alf/Roo/Marilyn, and Brax/Heath could have been introduced slightly later? Then it might not have appeared so 'Us & Them'.

Archived