Cutting Episodes

Guest home and away 1988-2000

If I was trying to keep an archive of the show and recording each episode, no I wouldn't want to cut out certain characters or storylines because I'd want the archive to be 100% complete.

However, if I was just recording random episodes here and there and I had a favourite storyline, I may be inclined to cut out the stuff I'm not interested in. For example, if I wanted to keep Marilyn's return in 2010, I'd keep all of her scenes and scenes related to the storyline, but cut out all of the stuff involving Romeo and his latest love interest.

William this is a free society people can post what they like

So long as the posts don't infringe on the rules and the rights of other posters not to be harassed. Kieran you have already done your dough on Facebook, don't try starting to make trouble here.

William this is a free society people can post what they like

Surely if it is a free society, people can keep whatever episodes/scenes of a soap they like.

When I used to record the episodes, I just recorded them straight on and left them at that. I however would cut the credits off as much as possible to try and squeeze an episode onto the tape. Others might think that that was an integral part of the show. And there's episodes and tapes I like to watch, others have gathered dust for 8 years.

Both have now come and gone completely in Australia, but for a large number of us I believe a lot of the clips from 89 and 90 we saw were from two fans, one who kept and uploaded Dodge scenes, another who uploaded Emma scenes.

It's not like they're throwing out Doctor Who Episodes like they did in the 70's. Full, uncut versions remain and are plentiful and so why shouldn't people then tailor their resources from their own enjoyment.

Archived