I Lied To Protect You

Guest AvrilRP212

Thanks for alll the reviews. hope you enjoy this next chapter :wub:

Chapter2

“Angelo.” She said in disbelief.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Shawn. Pick up your bag.” She said standing up.

He did as he was told and they walked away, deeper into the park, amongst the hundreds of trees.

Angelo stood there shocked as she walked off. He knew they hadn’t parted on the best of terms because of Brax but surely this was no way to resolve it. He thought for a moment before following her.

“Whats going on?” He asked.

The little boy whispered something to Charlie before running over to the pond his lunch box, opening it and throwing bits of the crust to the ducks.

“Well?” He said moving closer to her.

“I’m sorry about before…I just never expected to see you here.” She said.

“Well I didn’t expect to see you here. Let alone with a little boy who has an uncanny resemblance to my old business partner. Where is Brax anyway?” He said looking around half expecting to see him.

“He thinks I’m dead…” She said sadly.

“What do you mean?”

“Me and Shawn are in witness protection. I haven’t seen Brax since my funeral.”

“What happened?”

“You were right. I couldn’t stay away from Brax for long. And then all the stuff happened with Tegan and Darcy and then Casey burned the Pirovic’s headquarters. It all started to go downhill. They wanted Brax and me dead. Hammer tried to kill me but I ended up killing him. And then Jake came. I remember that day so clearly. If only I’d decided to go to the city with Brax and Ruby that day. But Jake had been following us. He knew I was going to be alone that day and he wanted revenge. And then he was standing there pointing a gun at me. He fired it and everything went black. Then I wake up in hospital and the police were there.” She said fighting off tears.

“And this is because Jakes still out there?”

“Yeah.” She said as Shawn ran back over and hugged her.

“Oh Charlie…” He’d disliked the Braxtons for ages and although he had worked with Brax he defiantly hadn’t trusted him but he’d never wanted this to happen. And just like all those years ago with Hugo he felt sorry for her and the little boy. “What if we caught him?” He asked hating to see her suffer.

“It’s too dangerous Angelo.”

“That didn’t stop us catching Eaves.”

They both laughed remembering the night at Martha’s farm when Hugo had come back to the bay.

“You realise how lucky we were to come out of that alive?” She said.

“Yeah, shame about that scarecrow though.” He carried on.

“Yeah, shame about your career.”

“You didn’t last long as Sergeant though?” He asked.

“I resigned. Those Riverboys were just too much work.”

“Really?”

“No it wasn’t working. I stole evidence, lied to the investigators on countless occasions.”

“How about you come back to my place and we can continue to catch up. And Shawn can get to know my kids.”

“So George has siblings?” She asked as they started walking out of the park.

“A little sister called Mya.”

“I thought you said you were going to be home shortly? You were gone an extra hour and 30 minutes.” Nicole said from in the kitchen as she heard Angelo walk in.

“Uh yeah, I’m sorry about that but I ran into someone and we got talking.”

“Oh. Who?” She asked continuing to chop vegetables.

“Hi Nicole.” Charlie said.

“Oh my god!” Nicole said recognizing the voice and turning around. “Charlie? Wow it’s been years. How are you? How’s Rubes? Is that your son?” She said looking down at Shawn.

Charlie looked uncomfortable as Nicole asked questions she found it hard to answer.

“Nicole!” Angelo said.

“Oh, did I say something wrong?”

“No. it’s alright.” Charlie replied shakily. “Um this is Shawn and yes he’s my son. As far as I know Ruby is fine at university and I’m great considering everyone thinks I was murdered by Jake Pirovic.”

Nicole stood shocked as Angelo glanced at her in apology.

“I was going to warn you…” He said.

“So, have you caught Jake yet?” Ruby asked walking into the police station.

“No, but we reckon we’re getting close. If you would like to take a seat in my office I’ll go and get that stuff for you.” Watson said.

Ruby sat down and looked at the picture on the computer screen. It was a really old picture taken of the Force back in 2008. She picked out Jack and Angelo. And standing between them was her mother. Not wanting to look at the picture anymore she pulled up the internet and saw Watson’s personal e-mails. Not wanting to evade her privacy she was about to shrink it down again when she caught sight of picture of a little boy. He looked very familiar to her but she couldn’t place where she’d seen him before. Intrigued she starting reading the e-mail.

I can’t do this anymore Georgie. Shawn’s asking questions and I know I shouldn’t have but I told him things. I know I can trust him to keep his mouth shut but he doesn’t like living like this either. You have to find Jake soon… because I can’t do this for much longer.

Do me a favour and call me because I really need to talk to you.

(975746497418)

Just then Watson walked back in and Ruby closed the screen.

“Here you go.” She said handing her a box.

Ruby got up and took the box before walking out of the police station to her car. The whole way to the house she thought about what she had read. And then it clicked about the little boy. He had looked just like Brax. But how? Then something else clicked. She remembered having a conversation with her old boyfriend Xaviour many years ago when Hugo had been shot. “What if Hugo never died? What if they put him in witness protection just like Leah’s husband?”

“OMG!” She said parking the car outside the house.

What if Charlie had never died like the doctor had said? What if the police had stepped in and hidden her? But would she really have been able to go through with it? And then it all made sense. What if the little boy was her little brother? So many questions ran through her mind as she walked in the house. Brax was there sitting on the sofa as usual with a bottle of bourbon in his hand.

“Hi Rubes.” He said.

Ruby didn’t answer him as she picked up the phone and began to dial the number she’d seen at the station. It rang, and rang, and rang, before going to the voicemail. She was about to hang up when she heard what must have been the little boy.

“Sorry we can’t take your call right now but you can leave a message for Shawn, Katie or Sam.”

There was then talking in the background that made Ruby shudder.

“Uh Shawn, who would leave a message for Sam?”

“Well, the vet might call.”

“I’m sure the vet would love to talk to Sam.”

“Mum he’s part of the family now so he gets mentioned on the answering machine. Oh and in case of emergencies call 624178608322.”

“Mum?” Ruby said barely audible.

“What did you say Rubes?” Casey asked coming into the room and seeing Ruby crying.

“It’s Mum. She’s not dead.”

“What?” Brax said jumping off the sofa.

“She’s in witness protection.” Ruby managed to say as she dialled in the number Shawn had said hoping it was a mobile

“So Shawn has never met Brax?” Nicole said looking sadly at the little boy sitting with her own two kids in front of the TV.

“He knows about Brax and Ruby but he’s never seen them. They don’t even know about him.” Charlie replied as her mobile started ringing.

She pulled it out her pocket and answered.

“Hello.” She said.

“Mum?” Someone said.

“Ruby?” Charlie said before feeling light headed and collapsing on the floor.

“Hello, mum?” Ruby said.

Angelo went to pick her mobile up as the three children ran into the kitchen to see what was going on.

“Hello. Is that you Ruby?” Angelo said.

“Angelo?” Ruby said.

“Yeah.” Angelo replied.

“What happened?”

“Uh she fainted. Today has been a very shocking day.”

“That goes all round.” Ruby said.

“No offence Ruby but is there any particular reason for your calling right now?”

“I just found out no less then an hour ago that my mother was not murdered but put in witness protection. No one told me. I pieced the puzzle together myself.” She screamed down the phone.

“What happened to mummy?” Shawn said almost crying.

“OMG. I do have a little brother don’t I?” Ruby said feeling her head spinning.

“What?” Brax and Casey said in shock.

In an abandoned house in Perth Jake cackled very evilly as he put the phone down. His waiting had finally paid off. This time he could really cause some serious pain. All he had to do was call in some well earned favours from his buddies in the police and this whole family would finally understand what happens when you mess with the Pirovic’s. He stared down at the picture of Hammer and himself.

“I will make her death painful just like yours brother. I’ll make her suffer first. Then I’ll get rid of her and then I’ll watch that Brax cry for those enemies he so happily lived with. I will avenge you Hammer.”

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooh the start of this had me intrigued.....and you still have me intrigued!

I like how Ruby hasn't really given up on the fact of her not believing that Charlie had died, and now that has paid off because now she knows charlie is indeed alive....although, it sounds she could be in danger again -that ending in Chapter 2 suggests Jake has found Charlie to be alive :unsure: Shawn Daryl :wub: after Brax awww

I hope nothing goes horribly wrong and if Charlie does return to the bay, I hope no grudges are held!

Update again soon, this is sooooo intriguing! (I use that word a lot, don't I??)

Oh my god! This is an awesome story. Ruby was pretty clever here. I hope Brax gets to meet his son soon. I really don't want to know what Jake will do, it would be so tragic if he kills Charlie and Shawn. It is really cute that Shawn looks like Brax. Great story, can't wait for more.

you offically have me hooked

glad that they have worked out Charlie isnt actually dead but it seems Jake may have tracked the phone call :o, now I'm really worried because nobody knows he knows about Charlie hope she is ok and he doesn't hurt her or Shawn. update soon cant wait to see what happens next

That was sooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME !!!!!! LOOOOOVE this, especially ......

 “Angelo.” She said in disbelief.

 “Well I didn’t expect to see you here. Let alone with a little boy who has an uncanny resemblance to my old business partner. Where is Brax anyway?” He said looking around half expecting to see him.

 But Jake had been following us. He knew I was going to be alone that day and he wanted revenge. And then he was standing there pointing a gun at me. He fired it and everything went black. Then I wake up in hospital and the police were there.” She said fighting off tears.

 “What if we caught him?” He asked hating to see her suffer.

“It’s too dangerous Angelo.”

“That didn’t stop us catching Eaves.”

They both laughed remembering the night at Martha’s farm when Hugo had come back to the bay.

“You realise how lucky we were to come out of that alive?” She said.

“Yeah, shame about that scarecrow though.” He carried on.

“Yeah, shame about your career.”

 “So George has siblings?” She asked as they started walking out of the park.

“A little sister called Mya.”

 “I thought you said you were going to be home shortly? You were gone an extra hour and 30 minutes.” Nicole said from in the kitchen as she heard Angelo walk in.

“Uh yeah, I’m sorry about that but I ran into someone and we got talking.”

“Oh. Who?” She asked continuing to chop vegetables.

“Hi Nicole.” Charlie said.

“Oh my god!” Nicole said recognizing the voice and turning around. “Charlie? Wow it’s been years. How are you? How’s Rubes? Is that your son?” She said looking down at Shawn.

Charlie looked uncomfortable as Nicole asked questions she found it hard to answer.

“Nicole!” Angelo said.

“Oh, did I say something wrong?”

“No. it’s alright.” Charlie replied shakily. “Um this is Shawn and yes he’s my son. As far as I know Ruby is fine at university and I’m great considering everyone thinks I was murdered by Jake Pirovic.”

Nicole stood shocked as Angelo glanced at her in apology.

“I was going to warn you…” He said.

 And standing between them was her mother. Not wanting to look at the picture anymore she pulled up the internet and saw Watson’s personal e-mails. Not wanting to evade her privacy she was about to shrink it down again when she caught sight of picture of a little boy. He looked very familiar to her but she couldn’t place where she’d seen him before. Intrigued she starting reading the e-mail.

I can’t do this anymore Georgie. Shawn’s asking questions and I know I shouldn’t have but I told him things. I know I can trust him to keep his mouth shut but he doesn’t like living like this either. You have to find Jake soon… because I can’t do this for much longer.

Do me a favour and call me because I really need to talk to you.

 Ruby figuring out the TRUTH/heaing the answering machine msg, in partic ………………… “Sorry we can’t take your call right now but you can leave a message for Shawn, Katie or Sam.”

There was then talking in the background that made Ruby shudder.

“Uh Shawn, who would leave a message for Sam?”

“Well, the vet might call.”

“I’m sure the vet would love to talk to Sam.”

“Mum he’s part of the family now so he gets mentioned on the answering machine. Oh and in case of emergencies call 624178608322.”

“Mum?” Ruby said barely audible.

 Ruby phoning Charlie/Kate AND Brax etc overhearing !!!!, in partic …………………She pulled it out her pocket and answered.

“Hello.” She said.

“Mum?” Someone said.

“Ruby?” Charlie said before feeling light headed and collapsing on the floor.

“Hello, mum?” Ruby said.

 “I will make her death painful just like yours brother. I’ll make her suffer first. Then I’ll get rid of her and then I’ll watch that Brax cry for those enemies he so happily lived with. I will avenge you Hammer.”

Archived