I Lied To Protect You

Guest AvrilRP212

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACE that Ruby is “on the ball” bout the Jake sitch, maybe !!!!

ADORED that waaaaaaaaaaaaaay much, especially ......

 The next morning started early with George, Mya and Shawn running round the house playing.

 “Yes. The flights are at lunchtime so two people might want to get off the sofa and get ready.” Ruby said extra loud.

“Alright were up.” Charlie said as her and Brax sat up.

“So how are you?” Nicole asked Ruby as they sat eating breakfast.

“I still think any minute now I’m going to wake up and find out I was dreaming.” She replied.

“Well it’s a good thing this is real then.” Charlie said sitting down next to her. “So just out of curiosity how did you find out I was still alive?”

“You wrote an email to Georgina and I was being nosy.” Ruby replied.

 “Mummy, is this Ruby?” Shawn said as he pointed at his sister.

“Yes.” Charlie replied.

“So if this is Ruby and that’s daddy, who’s that?” He asked pointing at Casey.

“He’s your uncle slash my boyfriend.” Ruby said.

“How can he be my uncle and your boyfriend?” Shawn asked.

 “Is this little Georgie?” Ruby asked looking at the other boy playing on the floor.

“Who are you calling little?” George asked.

“Uh not you George…I was talking about your little sister Mya.”

“Yeah, Mya’s little but I’m a big boy, just like Shawn so we play together but Mya has baby toys.”

 The ENTIRE pier diner sequnce …..in partic ALL the interrupting

 “Well Charlie of course. Haven’t you heard? She’s alive. And not just that, Daryl Braxton has a son.”

“Are you sure Colleen?” Bianca asked not believing it.

“I saw it with my own eyes.”

“Mummy, Issy wants milkshake.” The little girl said impatiently.\

 “Blue…with dinosaurs, lots and lots of them.”

“Oh you like dinosaurs?”

“Yeah,” He said opening his suitcase and getting his toy out. “This is Little foot and mummy brought him for me for Christmas.”

“Has he told you about his dinosaur obsession yet?” Charlie asked walking in.

 “Oh yeah that’s it. 42 more sleeps and I be 3.” He said holding up three fingers.

 “That’s not a bad idea.” He said kissing her.

“Guys can you please not do that in front of me.” Ruby said as she froze in the hallway on her way to the kitchen.

 “It seems too easy…the way we went to Perth and then miraculously Jake gets caught by the police and we’re all back here.”

“Not really. You need to stop being paranoid about this Rubes. Jake is in prison and we’re all safe. Everything’s going to be alright now.”

“I guess. I just can’t seem to shake the feeling that this thing with Jake isn’t over…”

Thanks to everyone who reviewed. Hope you like this next chapter :wub:

Chapter 5

“So what do you want to eat?” Brax asked Shawn as they sat down in the diner.

“Chocolate ice-cream.”

“I meant for breakfast.”

“But daddy…ice-cream is breakfast.”

“Your mummy has spoilt you rotten hasn’t she?” Brax said smiling.

“Whats your name then?” Colleen asked looking at Shawn.

“Shawn Daryl Matthews…but I guess since I not in no more danger I don’t need that last name no more.”

“I think Shawn Daryl Braxton sounds nice, hey mate?” Brax said.

“I like it. I got daddy’s name now. Mummy ain’t got your name? That mean you not married yet.”

“Yet being the precise word.” Brax said not realising he’d said it out loud.

“Daryl Braxton I didn’t realise you and Charlie were…” Colleen said.

“Colleen if you tell a single soul about this before I’ve even had the chance to ask her I will get very violent very quickly.” Brax said standing up.

“No need to angry I was just asking. You can trust me to keep a secret.”

“I wouldn’t bet my life on it.” Brax said under his breath.

“What was that?” Colleen asked.

“Nothing. Now I think perhaps you should have some toast and then maybe you can have some ice-cream. And I’ll have a coffee please Colleen.”

“What are we doing today daddy?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“Isobel Murphy, get out of bed right now or you’re going to be late for school!” Bianca shouted.

“Mummy I feel sick.” Isobel said sitting down on the sofa.

Bianca went over to her and felt the little girls head.

“Yeah you might have a bit of a temperature.”

“Can I go back to bed?” Isobel asked.

“Am I hearing this correctly? My three year-old daughter wants to go to bed willingly?”

Isobel nodded sadly.

“Okay then. How about I get some breakfast for you first and then you can back to sleep?”

“Yes mummy.” She said as Bianca got up and walked into the kitchen.

“Hi Bianca.” Charlie said standing in the doorway.

“I was starting to wonder if I’d get a visit from you.”

“Yeah, I know we didn’t really part on the best of terms. However I do recognise that you somehow managed to cry at my funeral so there might still be hope.”

“You watched your own funeral?”

“I was saying goodbye. As far as I was aware I was going to spend the rest of my life by myself I Perth.”

“Colleen said you had a son?”

“Yeah when I first went there it was just me. The surprise of founding out about Shawn happened a month later.”

“Mummy where my breakfast?” Isobel called from in her bedroom.

“Looks like I’m not the only one who had a kid.” Charlie said.

“I forgot how wonderful it really was here.” Nicole said watching George and Mya play in the sand.

“You remember why we had to leave. All the reasons.”

“I know. But I have missed it here. And I don’t think I want to leave again.”

“Nicole…last time…”

“Last time was nearly four years ago. Things have changed. People have changed.”

“What are we doing here daddy?” Shawn asked.

“Looking for something for mummy.” Brax said looking around.

“Like what?”

“A ring. I want you to look for one that you think is nice and I’ll buy it.” Brax said.

“How bout this one?”

“Good god Shawn. Something within my pay check please.”

“But it’s pretty.”

“Pretty expensive if you ask me.”

“Alright then. That one."

That evening

“Well this place hasn’t changed much.” Charlie said as the three of them walked into Angelo’s.

“I know. I couldn’t even think of anything else to call it.” Brax said.

“Daddy I hungry.” Shawn said sitting down.

“We’ll have dinner soon.”

“I should probably mention something to you.” Charlie said so only Brax could hear.

“What’s that?”

“Um Shawn’s a vegetarian.”

“Excuse me?” Brax asked shocked. “How long?”

“About four months. His explanation is and I quote its so mean what they do to the poor farm animals, I’m not going to eat anymore meat ever.” Charlie said.

“He really said that?”

“He’s very…intellectual.” She replied as Shawn pulled an encyclopaedia out of his bag and began reading it.

“He can read?”

“About 7 months now.”

“Is that normal?”

“Sometimes children can be faster in development than others…”

“Alright I’m going to get dinner. Please can you get him to put the book back in his bag?” Brax said before walking off.

Charlie walked back over to their table and sat down.

“So what did he say about the food I eat?” Shawn asked never taking his eyes off the book.

“He doesn’t mind. Although he would appreciate it if you left the reading until we got home.” She replied.

“Okay.” He said putting the book back in his bag.

Brax came back out from the kitchen and put the food on the table before sitting down.

“Now before we eat, I’d just like to say something. You two mean the world to me and I don’t want to be without either of you ever again. I know its going to take some time to get used to us being a family which is why I want to do something. Shawn?” Brax said before looking at his son.

Shawn took something out of his bag and handed it to Brax.

“Charlotte Buckton. I’ve loved you from the first moment I layed eyes on you. We’ve been through a lot of things together and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Shawn. Will you marry me?” Brax said.

“Say yes mummy say yes.” Shawn said.

“Of course I will.” She said getting up and kissing him.

“Yayyy.” Shawn said clapping his hands.

The next morning

“Hello? Anyone home?” Ruby said coming through the door.

“Just me.” Shawn said from his bedroom.

“Where’s mum?”

“Her and daddy went for a walk. You not go believe this Rubes.”

“What?” She asked.

“Mummy and daddy are getting married.”

“Seriously?”

“Yep. He asked last night.”

“Shawn we’re going now.” Brax said appearing by the door.

“Your back, great. Where’s mum?” Ruby asked.

“She went to see Bianca.” Brax replied.

“Okay see you later.” Ruby said walking out.

“Where are we going today?” Shawn asked.

“You’ll see.” Brax said.

That afternoon

“So what have you been up to?” Charlie said as Brax and Shawn walked in the house.

“I’m going to watch TV.” Shawn said going to his bedroom.

“It was great. Although you seemed to have forgotten to mention to me that my son was scared of water. No let me rephrase that. My son, a Braxton is scared of the ocean…”

Cute chapter.

Shawn is the cutest :wub: couldn't stop laughing when he brought out the book, can just imagine Brax face.

A proposal so sweet :wub: hopefully we get the wedding soon.

:lol: Shawn scared of the ocean, Brax seems mortified by that.

Update soon really enjoying this story.

REALLY enjoyed that, especially ......

 “So what do you want to eat?” Brax asked Shawn as they sat down in the diner.

“Chocolate ice-cream.”

“I meant for breakfast.”

“But daddy…ice-cream is breakfast.”

“Your mummy has spoilt you rotten hasn’t she?” Brax said smiling.

 “Daryl Braxton I didn’t realise you and Charlie were…” Colleen said.

“Colleen if you tell a single soul about this before I’ve even had the chance to ask her I will get very violent very quickly.” Brax said standing up.

“No need to angry I was just asking. You can trust me to keep a secret.”

“I wouldn’t bet my life on it.” Brax said under his breath.

 “Isobel Murphy, get out of bed right now or you’re going to be late for school!” Bianca shouted.

“Mummy I feel sick.” Isobel said sitting down on the sofa.

Bianca went over to her and felt the little girls head.

“Yeah you might have a bit of a temperature.”

“Can I go back to bed?” Isobel asked.

“Am I hearing this correctly? My three year-old daughter wants to go to bed willingly?”

 “Yeah, I know we didn’t really part on the best of terms. However I do recognise that you somehow managed to cry at my funeral so there might still be hope.”

“You watched your own funeral?”

“I was saying goodbye. As far as I was aware I was going to spend the rest of my life by myself I Perth.”

 “Last time was nearly four years ago. Things have changed. People have changed.”

 “A ring. I want you to look for one that you think is nice and I’ll buy it.” Brax said.

“How bout this one?”

“Good god Shawn. Something within my pay check please.”

“But it’s pretty.”

“Pretty expensive if you ask me.”

“Alright then. That one."

 “I should probably mention something to you.” Charlie said so only Brax could hear.

“What’s that?”

“Um Shawn’s a vegetarian.”

“Excuse me?” Brax asked shocked. “How long?”

“About four months. His explanation is and I quote its so mean what they do to the poor farm animals, I’m not going to eat anymore meat ever.” Charlie said.

“He really said that?”

“He’s very…intellectual.” She replied as Shawn pulled an encyclopaedia out of his bag and began reading it.

 “Charlotte Buckton. I’ve loved you from the first moment I layed eyes on you. We’ve been through a lot of things together and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Shawn. Will you marry me?” Brax said.

“Say yes mummy say yes.” Shawn said.

“Of course I will.” She said getting up and kissing him.

“Yayyy.” Shawn said clapping his hands.

 “It was great. Although you seemed to have forgotten to mention to me that my son was scared of water. No let me rephrase that. My son, a Braxton is scared of the ocean…”

Thanks for the reviews. Hope you like this next chapter :wub:

Chapter 6

“He never liked water. He hated baths, he hated the swimming pool and when I took him beach he wouldn’t go near the water.” Charlie said.

“Well there goes the surfing idea.” Brax sighed.

”Oh Brax. This phobia won’t last forever. He’ll grow out of it…eventually.”

“I’m going to the library.”

“Why?”

“Figure out more about phobias.” He said walking out the door.

“Has daddy calmed down now?” Shawn asked.

“Sort of…hopefully.”

“Can we watch the dinosaurs please?”

“Come on then.”

Afternoon

“I don’t want to go swimming daddy.” Shawn said.

They were sitting on the benches beside the swimming pool.

“Water isn’t anything to be afraid of Shawn. And when you finally get in the water you’ll learn how to swim and I’ll guarantee you’ll love it.”

Shawn’s P.O.V

I looked at the water. All the other people swimming in it. I couldn’t help being scared. I remembered that night when I’d been in the bath. The truth was I didn’t always hate water. In fact I’d loved water. But I didn’t want daddy to know because it was silly. I shouldn’t have been scared…but I couldn’t help it, I was. I continued to stare at the water as he looked at me trying to work out why.

“How about if I gave you something you really want in return for going into the water?” Brax asked.

Bribery. I guess maybe I could do it if I knew I’d get something I wanted in the end.

“Five more DVD’s.” I said knowing if he really was going to give me anything I wanted I should probably make the most of it.

“Alright, done.” He replied.

Now it was my turn to do the hard bit and face my fears. I pulled off my top and walked towards the edge of the pool. My heart was thrumming against my ribcage, hard and fast. I think I was trembling and I felt sick with fear. But I could do this. I looked up at daddy and his presence reassured me. I looked back down at the water and suddenly it didn’t scare me. I jumped into the water and I didn’t feel the least bit scared anymore. I looked back up at daddy. He smiled at me, proud written all over his face.

“I did it daddy.” I said too happy for words to describe.

“Yes you did Shawn.” He replied.

True to his word, we went shopping after and I ecstatically picked up the next five parts to my one DVD at home.

“We home mummy.” Shawn said as he and Brax walked through the door. “Look what daddy got me.” He said showing her the DVD’s. “Can we watch one?”

“How about you go outside and play for a little while until dinners ready and then we can sit down together and watch it.” Charlie replied.

“Okay.” Shawn said running off.

“He looks happy, considering you took him swimming.”

“Yeah. He did it. He got in the swimming pool.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. You never told me why he was scared of water. The real reason.”

“When Shawn was about two and a half I left him with a babysitter for the night. It was the first time I ever left Shawn with anyone. When she was giving him a bath that night she got distracted and he slipped and hit his head. It knocked him out and he started to drown. Ever since he’s always been edgy around water. He never went in the swimming pool again and he wouldn’t even go in the ocean.”

“No wonder he was scared.”

That evening

“Come on lets go, lets go and run around and around. it’s a beautiful feeling we’ve finally find our peaceful valley and everybody’s having a goodtime now.”

“Well that was an interesting first 10 minutes. How long till its finished?” Brax asked bored.

“Brax this is nearly 2 hours. And you do remember you bought another four of these.” Charlie replied.

“Great. We’re ready for the rest of the week. Alright pause.” He said grabbing the control and pausing it.

“Oh daddy.” Shawn said.

“Now Shawn. I was gong to suggest sweets but if you don’t want any…”

“No wait daddy.” Shawn said.

“So what are we doing tomorrow.” Shawn said eating his sweets.

“Checking out pre-school.” Charlie replied smiling.

“But mummy I don’t wanna go to school.”

“Would it be any better if I told you George was going too?”

“Really? Yayyy George going to school with me.”

“And then afterwards were going to see one of my friends. She’s got a daughter about the same age as you. I think you’ll like her.”

Perth

“I thought you were supposed to be getting me out of here?” Jake said angrily.

“I’m working on it.” The officer replied.

“Well work faster.”

“Why am I even doing this for you?”

“Because if you don’t someone very close to you is going to end up dead…”

Archived