I Lied To Protect You

Guest AvrilRP212

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 32

Thanks for the comment ~JarlieFanEver~

“Thank you for doing this.” Charlie said sitting down in Bianca’s house.

“Well you did look after mine the other time. And honestly Shawn is the best behaved kid in the world. I won’t even know he’s here.”

“Rahh, I’s it.” Shawn shouted chasing after Ash and knocking into the shelf.

“I can pay for that.” She said quickly as the sound of crashing could be heard.

“Sorry” Both of the boys shouted running up the stairs.

“If they’re smart they won’t come out that room until dinner.” Bianca sighed getting up and cleaning up the mess.

“Are you sure you’re okay with looking after them? Cause if you’re not I’ll take them home and tell Cheryl I can’t go.”

“Ahh, so you just want an excuse not to go.”

“Well I’d rather I didn’t have to put with Cheryl. And there’s just something about Danny, his temper for example and his attitude. I really don’t trust him.”

“Hey, what’s taking so long in here?” Brax asked walking in.

“Girl talk Braxton.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah, well I don’t think mum will like that excuse. Now come on, time to break up that party in the backseat of the car.” He said.

“Too much information” Both of the girls said realising what he was talking about.

“Bye-bye gorgeous” Brax smiled taking Selena out of her pram.

“Bababba, Dadda” She gurgled.

“Well done baby.” Brax praised her lifting her high in the air.

“Mummy, can we play on the Wii?” Ash asked showing his head round the door.

“As long as you don’t break anything else,” She replied.

“Shawn you be good for Bianca okay.”

“I’s always is good daddy.”

“That’s what you want everyone else to think.” He muttered. “Just make sure you do what you’re told.”

“Bye daddy.”

“We’ll see you in a couple of days.”

-/-/-

“Well this is familiar.” Brax smirked as they got out the car. They were at the same cabin that 4 years ago they had talked about everything, been the happiest, and then have it ruined when they crashed on the road.

“Familiar?” Ruby questioned looking around.

“Isn’t this where we came before I crashed into Murphy on the road?” Heath asked.

“Didn’t know you’d been here before” Cheryl huffed walking up to the door and dumping the bags down.

“If I remember correctly, I think this may have been where a certain Braxton came- to- be.” Brax smiled looking around.

“Way too much information” Ruby said loudly as she understood the meaning of his words.

“I’d say it was a good night all around.” Heath grinned.

“So Heath who did you bring?” Casey asked.

“Hey babe.” Someone shouted running out of the cabin and into Heath.

“Henri?” Casey asked shocked.

“Casey, Brax. It’s been a while.” She smiled.

“I didn’t know you two were dating again.” Brax said.

“Too wrapped up playing happy families with Buckton to notice” Heath smirked. “I think some introductions are in order. Henri, this is Brax’s wife Charlie and her daughter Ruby who is Casey’s girlfriend. This is Henrietta Brown.” He said as they shook hands.

“Heard you’ve been teaching English at Summer Bay high” Casey smiled.

“Hey if you finished talking can one of you get these bags.” Cheryl shouted impatiently.

“You heard your mother.” Danny smirked following her into the cabin.

“It’s only 48 hour’s babe.” Charlie said as Brax shook his head.

“It’s going to be a long 48 hours.” Brax sighed as they walked over to the cabin.

-/-/-

A few hours later the family were sitting around the campfire drinking beer and talking.

“You were a right rascal Heath, but you were a chip off the old block.” Danny laughed taking another swig of his beer.

“Mum, you okay?” Casey asked looking at how withdrawn his mum looked.

“Yeah I’m fine Case.” She sighed before looking at the ground. Truthfully, she was worried. She wanted to know exactly why some guy had threatened her into bringing her family out here.

“So how long have you known the Braxton’s?” Ruby asked Henri.

“Years, I dated Heath in high school.” She replied. “How about you two?”

“About 5 years now.” Ruby answered.

“And it’s not weird dating your uncle-in-law?” Henri asked.

“Well I was actually dating him way before that happened.” Ruby said. “Have you got any kids?”

“No, no, no kids yet. I think I’d actually like to be married first.” She said shaking her head.

“Do you think you would with Heath?” Ruby asked seriously.

“Maybe, I don’t know. The Braxton’s are a lot of work, and I can’t even imagine little Braxton’s running around.” Henri replied honestly.

“Well take it from me, little Braxton’s are cute.” Ruby gushed.

“You don’t have kids yet?” She asked curiously.

“No, my little brother and sister. Wait I’ve got a picture here somewhere.” She said pulling out her purse and looking in it for a picture. “Here you go.” She smiled handing her a couple of photos.

“Aww that’s so cute.” Henri smiled looking at a picture of Shawn holding baby Selena. “He’s like a mini Brax.” She added before looking at the other picture of Shawn and Selena standing next to each other a few weeks ago. “Even the girl looks like him, she’s got his eyes.” She gushed.

“Rubes, I hope you’re not showing off those pictures again.” Charlie said sitting down next to them with another beer.

“Ahh nope, no pictures here” She said pushing the pictures into her pocket but she let one fall to the ground.

“You know Rubes; it’s supposed to be the kid’s parents who go around showing off pictures of their kids.”

“Yeah, well big sister status says that when her little brother and sister are as cute as this she’s allowed to show off pictures of them.” She smirked.

“I feel extremely sorry for any future grandchildren of mine whose mother is Rubes” Brax smiled shaking his head.

“Aww imagine that, little Casey’s running around.”

“Hey no getting ideas missy, I’m too young to be a grandma.” Charlie said.

“Yeah and I’m too young to be father.” Casey piped in hearing what they were talking about.

“Case, you’re 23.” Ruby smiled.

“Exactly, I’ve still got quite a few years left of partying.” He joked.

“Well actually Casey, I was your age when Darryl here came along.” Danny said.

“No you weren’t, I distinctly remember you were 25.” Cheryl argued.

“No darling I was 23.” Danny argued.

“No I know you were 25.” Cheryl said again.

“Don’t argue with me woman I was 23.” Danny said louder.

“Daniel Sean Braxton, don’t take that tone with me. If I say you were 25 then dammit you were 25.” Cheryl shouted.

“I guess I was 25 then.” Danny sighed sitting down.

“Give me another year Rubes and I promise we will talk about it.” Casey said before pulling her into a kiss.

“I hate it when you do that.” Ruby said looking up at him.

“Why?” Casey grinned.

“Because it will make me agree to anything” Ruby replied.

“So what about you Heath, when am I gonna see some Grandkids from you?” Danny asked turning his attention to his second son.

“I got you a granddaughter, what else do you want from me?” Heath shrugged taking another beer.

“How about a boy” His father suggested.

“Hmm, I reckon a boy would be nice, I could teach him to surf and how to get girls.” Heath said thinking about it.

“The poor kid” Ruby laughed.

“I’ll have you know Buckton I’m very good when it comes to girls.” Heath defended himself.

“If you say so Heath” Ruby smiled as everyone else laughed.

“What about you Darryl. Thought about having any more kids?” Danny asked looking at his eldest son.

“Yeah…” Brax started

“But it’s not happening.” Charlie finished firmly.

“Not immediately babe, but don’t you think it’s be nice you know maybe to give them a little brother. That way we’d have two of each and I’d get to look after a little boy from the start.”

“And what if we get another girl Brax?”

“Then we send her to the adoption centre and try again.” He joked. “I just know that if we try again we’ll get a boy.”

“I think I’ve managed to worm a few more grandkids for us.” Danny smirked as the three couples sat discussing the future.

“Now isn’t this a happy little family.” A voice said from behind them.

“Jett,” Danny snarled. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Oh no Cheryl. You didn’t tell him. I thought husband and wives told each other everything.” Jett said mockingly.

-/-/-

The following day at lunchtime Bianca tried to call Charlie, then Brax. She tried Ruby’s phone and Casey’s and then even tried to call Heath’s but all she got was voicemail. This had all started because Selena had come down with a fever and Bianca wanted to know if it’d be alright to give her some thing for it. Now after trying to ring everyone without an answer she was starting to worry.

“Maybe there’s no signal out there, that could be why none of them are picking up.” Liam suggested as Bianca paced the kitchen still trying to ring one of them.

“I don’t know Liam, I just get this really bad feeling that some things not right. I mean Charlie phoned before dinner last night to check if the kids were alright and said she’d ring again tomorrow morning. Well tomorrow mornings been and gone Liam, it’s just not like her.”

“Well maybe Brax took her phone off her.”

“Maybe, I just can’t shake this feeling that’s something is really wrong.”

“Okay, would it make you feel better if I drive out there and check that they are all still alive and breathing.” Liam asked.

“Yes please. Thank you babe” She smiled as he went to get changed.

An hour later, he drove down the track leading to the same cabin he knew Bianca, Heath, Charlie and Brax had stayed the day before he was crashed on his motorbike and ended up in hospital.

At first sight, nothing looked wrong. There were four cars parked along the drive and there was evidence that a campfire had been lit the previous night. There were loads of beer bottles surrounding it and from the silence, he guessed that it had probably been a long night and they all had hangovers. He parked the car up and wandered over to the cabin. He knocked first, a couple of times before opening the door and walking in. After a quick look around he decided that they’d probably gone for a walk. But when he walked back outside again something didn’t feel right. He walked over to the campfire and looked around, lying beside the ashes was a knife and as he walked in the direction of the woods, there was an unmistakable path of blood. Bianca had been right, something had defiantly happened to the Braxton’s in the last 24 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 33

thanks for the comment ~JarlieFanEver~

“Where do you think those guys are?” Ruby asked as they sat down tiredly.

“They’re looking for us, but I don’t know how close they are.”

“Those…gunshots last night…you don’t think.”

“Na, I reckon the others are fine.” Brax exhaled trying to convince himself more than her that the rest of his family was okay. “I should never have trusted the bastard.” He exhaled angrily thinking about his father.

“Brax, you weren’t to know all he was involved with.”

“Na Rubes, every time he’s around bad stuff happens.”

“I’m sorry Darryl, for all the pain I’ve caused you. I’m sorry this has happened. I never meant for it to go this far.” Danny sighed shaking his head as he walked out from among the trees.

“Your apology means nothing Danny, if anything has happened to the others it’ll be all your fault.” Brax said in rage.

“Look guys, you two arguing isn’t gonna solve anything. Let’s just find our way back to the cabin and get some help.” Ruby said standing up.

“It’s not gonna do much good if those guys are there waiting for us.” Brax sighed.

“The girls right son, if we don’t do something then we’re dead any way.” Danny nodded.

-/-/-

“Buckton, you can’t go to sleep.” Heath said exasperated as he tried to wake her up.

“I’m tired.” She mumbled.

“I’ll put it simply for you, you sleep, you die.” Heath said getting worried. “Talk, tell me something.”

“Like what?” Charlie said weakly.

“I don’t know, tell me about yourself, you’re my sister-in-law and I know nothing about you.” Heath said pulling her closer to him.

“You’re burning up.” He sighed feeling her forehead. “Hey, eyes open, keep looking at me. What was your dad called?”

“Ross.”

“20 bucks he was a cop too.” Heath joked.

“Detective…and I hated him for it.” She admitted.

“Yet you decided to be a copper too.”

“After everything that happened with Ruby’s father, I wanted to be out there fighting crime, making a difference.” She exhaled.

“That explains it. So what about you mum?”

“She died of cancer about 8 ½ years ago.”

“Oh sorry”

“She was in pain, its good she didn’t have to suffer anymore.”

“So both your parents have passed on then.”

“Yeah, but I have you guys now.”

“You won’t if you don’t keep your eyes open.” Heath said. “How are you feeling?” He asked feeling her forehead again.

“Like I’ve been bitten by a snake,” She groaned resting her head against Heath before closing her eyes.

It happened earlier that morning. Heath had woken up to find the snake slithering between where they were sleeping and his attempt to remove it had resulted in it biting her. Now 3 hours later, they either went back to the cabin where they’d all left their mobiles and call for help, which meant risking being shot, or stay out here and wait until someone came looking for them. Although Heath concluded that the latter wouldn’t work, she couldn’t wait that long.

“Keep talking to me.”

“About what”

“Anything, Charlie, just don’t die on me. Brax will kill me.”

“You’re not that bad Heath, underneath; you’re a lot like Brax.” She murmured.

“You’re not so bad yourself, if you hadn’t been a cop I might’ve gone for you too. Come on we should try to get back to the cabin.” He sighed helping her up.

“Do you even know where we’re going?”

“I’m gonna get us back home okay.”

-/-/-

“We are so screwed” Cheryl muttered pacing.

“Thanks for stating the obvious, cause this is kind of a lot your fault. If you hadn’t organised this whole trip…” Henri ranted.

“This isn’t helping us at all; the only person we can blame for this is Danny.” Casey exhaled not looking up from the ground as he recalled last night’s events.

“Now isn’t this a happy little family.” A voice said from behind them.

“Jett,” Danny snarled. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Oh no Cheryl. You didn’t tell him. I thought husband and wives told each other everything.” Jett said mockingly.

“What’s he talking about?” Danny asked looking at Cheryl.

“This was a trap that I put into action after you failed to pay Jay, Danny.” Jett smirked.

“That’s what you wanted the money for.” Brax sighed shaking his head.

“Money, what money?” Heath asked confused.

“Very naughty Danny, does no one know of your treachery. About 20 years ago back in uh, 1995 I think it was Danny here came dealing in the wrong areas. He borrowed about $50,000 and when Jay wanted it back, I believe a robbery was pulled. However he never got to hand over the money, he was arrested. But Jay being the kind guy he is waited over 15 years then asked nicely for his money back. But Danny didn’t deliver so now I’ve been asked to take care of you all.”

“You’ll leave my family alone kid or…”

“Or what, I’m the one with the gun.” Jett grinned holding it up.

“What’s taking you so long, just shoot them” Jamie sighed walking up behind him.

“Don’t rush me Jamie; this is the most fun I’ve had in months.” Jett snarled at him as he turned to face him.

As his back turned, Danny lunged for him trying to get the gun out of his hand. They fell to the ground wrestling, Jamie trying to get at Danny as the others rushed to the cars.

“Don’t bother guys; we got rid of your petrol.” Jamie shouted grinning as Heath tried unsuccessfully to start his car.

Danny pushed Jett to the ground knocking him over the head as Jamie came towards him with a knife.

In the commotion, they’d managed to run into the forest and so far, they didn’t know where the others were or the guys who wanted to kill them.

-/-/-

“Look who I found wandering around.” Jamie smirked coming out from the trees pushing Casey, Henri and Cheryl in front of him.

“Nice work little brother.” Jett grinned. “Tie them up and it should draw out the others.”

“Just let us go. We can get you you’re money.” Casey begged as Jamie tied them up.

“No, Danny had his chance. Jay prefers to cut his losses.”

“No” Casey shouted launching himself at Jamie knocking him over.

“Casey!” Heath shouted watching his brother getting knocked around on the ground. Without thinking, he ran at the two guys trying to get them off Casey before screaming out in pain.

“Heath” Brax said knowingly as they edged out of the trees in time to see Jett pulling a knife out of Heath, letting him fall to the ground.

Casey stood frozen as Jett stood up pulling a gun out of his pocket pointing it up at him.

“That was very stupid.” He hissed.

“Maybe we should just let them go, you heard them they’ll pay the money.” Tyler said walking over to them.

“Don’t be stupid Ty, you heard Jay.” Jamie said.

It was as if the next few moments happened in slow motion, Jett moving his finger to the trigger, Danny lunged for him, one shot was fired then Tyler pushed Casey down as another shot was fired. Seconds later the police had turned up blaring their sirens jumping out of cars armed with guns.

“Drop your weapon.” They shouted, by now it was just Jamie left holding a gun his brother and Tyler long ago down.

He dropped the weapon and was cuffed by the cops.

-/-/-

“Hey what happened to you? You said you were only going to go out and check on them?” Bianca said worried.

“Yeah, I had to do a bit more than check on them.”

“Where are you now?”

“Uh, I’m at the hospital.”

“The hospital! Why?”

“There was a bit of trouble out there.”

“But you’re okay, right?”

“Yeah, nothing happened to me”

“And the others?”

“Danny was shot, Heath got stabbed, Ruby had something to do with her diabetes and Charlie got some kind of snakebite.”

-/-/-

Later that evening, at the hospital

“I guess we should be thanking you for saving our lives then.” Brax exhaled.

“It was nothing; Bianca wouldn’t let it rest until I made sure why no one was answering their phones.”

“Well thanks, I’ve never been so happy to see the cops.” Heath laughed.

“Amazing, Heath Braxton is actually thanking me with no sarcasm at all.” Liam smiled.

“Yeah, don’t let it go to your head Murphy.” Heath shook his head.

“Are you alright Heath?” Henri asked walking back into the room after being questioned by the police, taking a seat next to his bedside.

“Knife won’t stop me; I could’ve taken him on.” Heath grinned trying to sit up before wincing in pain.

“Just lie down Heath.” Henri said sternly.

“How’s dad?” Heath asked as Cheryl walked into the large hospital room they’d all been put in.

“They won’t tell me, saying they don’t know nothing.” Cheryl said frustrated.

“Just let them do their job mum.” Heath carried on.

“He’s been in there for hours now; someone has to know what’s going on.” She said sitting down.

“What happened?” Charlie asked waking up.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Brax asked.

“Like my head exploded.” She replied. “What happened to you?” She asked looking towards Heath.

“I took all three of them on by myself.” He joked.

“Yeah right” Casey smirked, but his smile soon disappeared as Sid walked in bearing a grave look.

“Is Danny okay?” Cheryl asked standing up.

“As you know, he was brought in with a stab wound and bullet wound. He lost a lot of blood and because of where he was shot, the damage was extensive. I’m sorry but Danny didn’t make it.” Sid replied.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 34

A week later Danny’s funeral was held. It was a small service, consisting of Cheryl, his sons and their partners and his grandchildren.

“We gather here today to say goodbye to Daniel Sean Braxton. Now his wife Cheryl would like to say a few words.” The minister said before sitting down.

“Danny was a rogue when I first met him, he failed school but his old man got him a job at the fish market, where I actually met him. He had me from the start and I was so happy when we got hitched and had the boys. Even if I always wanted a girl, Heath was probably the closest I got.” She laughed through her tears. “But raising three kids wasn’t cheap and eventually we had money problems. I saw the dark side of the man I loved. His temper, his rage and his more violent side. At first, I didn’t notice that he’d taken out the ‘loan’ but suddenly we had enough money. My family was happy again, but I noticed a change in Danny, he was scared. He pulled off the robbery and got caught. My family fell apart again. Although I didn’t show it I was pleased with the way Darryl picked up the pieces and kept the family together. Danny might have had a dark side but he was also loyal and passionate for what he cared about. He was a loving husband and father and for the few days he was back, he adored his grandkids. I’m gonna miss you Danny.” She said crying before going to sit down again.

Heath gave her a quick hug before standing up. Cheryl had wanted all three of her son’s to say something in regard to their father, but Brax refused and Casey didn’t really know what to say.

“What can I say dad? You hit me, you broke my arm twice, I remember being so terrified of you. But you were still my dad, and I still loved ya. You brought a lot of pain back into our lives, but when we were all out there, when it was a choice between life and death, you did what a father should do and protected your family.”

After Heath had finished they all walked outside where Danny was then buried. They all stood silent as the minister said a few prayers. When it was finished, they all went back to Cheryl’s house.

Couple of hours later

“I’m gonna take the kids home. Selena needs a nap and Shawn’s worn out too.” Charlie said picking Selena up off the floor, as the little girl yawned and rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“Mum, we’re gonna get going.” Brax said standing up and lifting his son up.

“You can stay here if you want.” She said.

“Na, I’ll drive you home and then I have to go into the restaurant.”

“I’ll come help you at the restaurant.” Casey said standing up.

“Dad, can you drop me off at the surf club?” Darcy asked. “And before you ask, yes, I’ll be home by curfew.” She carried on. She had been living with Heath for the last couple of years since her grandparents had gotten too ill to care for her anymore and he wanted more time with his daughter. Although as a teenager, Darcy didn’t really need that much looking after.

“Good.” Heath replied nodding at her question.

“So you’re all gonna leave me here on my own?” Cheryl questioned watching as they all stood up.

No one said anything as they all turned to face her.

“Fine then, if anyone wants me, I’ll be down at the pub.” She finished walking out the door.

“Some things never change.” Heath sighed.

-/-/-

30 minutes later Brax and Casey had dropped them off at the house before heading off to the restaurant. Ruby was downstairs sitting down with her brother whilst Charlie was trying to get an overtired Selena to go to sleep.

“Today was really sad, I don’t like funerals.” Shawn exhaled climbing onto the sofa.

“Yeah, no one likes funerals buddy.” Ruby said sitting down with him.

“Can we make tents in the house, and play in them?”

“How we gonna make tents?”

“With blankets and chairs silly.” Shawn giggled.

“I’m not silly mister. I don’t think mum’s gonna be too happy to see blankets up all over the room.” Ruby said ruffling his hair.

“Pwease Ruby.”

“Alright, only cause I can’t say no to that face.”

“Yous make a cool tent Rubes.” Shawn said as they sat under one of the blankets shortly after.

“What’s happened in here?” Charlie asked walking in with a very much awake Selena.

“We’s hiding from the big dinosaur. And we not coming out.” Shawn giggled as Selena crawled in sitting down next to Ruby with a biscuit in her hand. “Where’s my biscuit?”

“Since you’re not coming out you can’t have one.” Charlie replied smiling.

“No wait, I’m coming out.” He said darting out from under the blankets. “This is your biscuit Ruby.” Shawn said getting back under the blanket and handing it to his sister as his mum sat down next to him.

“Mummy why did daddy’s dad die, and grandma and granddad?” Shawn asked.

“Everyone has to die one day Shawn.” She replied.

“But why don’t we live forevers?”

“Oh buddy we’ve all got to get old one day and then we go to heaven.” Ruby said.

“Oh so we’ll see them one day.”

Selena giggled as Cocoa came sniffing around the tent, sitting down next to them, and licking the crumbs from her hands.

“Selena you don’t know where her tongue has been.” Charlie said picking her daughter up.

“I like it.” Shawn laughed letting the dog lick his hands. “It tickles.” He started giggling before stroking the dog. “She’s really big now.”

“Well she wasn’t going to stay a puppy forever.” Ruby said.

“Can we get another puppy? Then Cocoa could have someone to play with.” Shawn asked.

“I don’t think so buddy. One dog chewing the furniture in the house is quite enough.” Charlie sighed sitting down.

“Now how about we watch a movie?” Ruby asked standing up.

“Dinosaurs” Shawn asked hopefully.

“Have you seen any Disney movies?”

“Yeah Dinosaur” Shawn laughed.

“Well I really need to introduce you to some more animals. How about The Lion King?” Ruby suggested.

“Ash has watched that, he said it was cool.”

“Okay Lion King it is.”

-/-/-

“I can’t believe he’s gone.” Casey sighed staring at the table at Angelo’s.

“I know after everything he did, but he’s still our dad.” Heath added taking another swig of his beer.

Brax exhaled as he stood near his office listening to his brothers talking about the man they knew as their father.

“There’s my little tyke,” Danny laughed swinging his son into the water.

“Again, again daddy” A four-year-old Brax giggled climbing out the water throwing his arms out.

“Wow mate, you’re getting so big, you’ll be on one of my boards in no time.” Danny smiled.

“Really daddy? And I can get pictures like you?” Brax asked.

“I reckon you can mate, but you might want to take it up with your mum first.” Danny replied.

“We’ll always have our special time, even though Heath’s here now. We’ll still have days when it’s just you and me right?” Brax questioned looking up at his father.

“Course we will buddy, we’ll come out here and surf, just you and me.” Danny said.

“Promise?” Brax asked.

“Promise” Danny replied.

Brax blinked away his tears as he held onto the memory of his father he’d tried so hard to bury. He remembered a time when his father laughed and smiled. And then one day he just changed, he became violent, he got drunk. He’d made a promise and said he’d always be there for him, but it was just the start of many promise’s he’d broken over the years before he finally went to jail.

-/-/-

“Daddy, daddy.” Shawn shouted from his bedroom later that night.

Brax groaned as he dragged himself out of his bed. He’d been up pretty late trying to get over that fact that his own father was actually dead and buried.

“What’s wrong mate?” He asked tiredly as he switched Shawn’s bedroom light on.

“There’s a monster, it’s under my bed.” Shawn cried sitting up in bed.

“Hey, there’s no such thing as monsters okay.” He said soothingly to his son as he sat down next to him on the bed.

“And there was a hyena, it was chasing me and laughing.” Shawn carried on wiping the tears from his face.

“Shawn, there are no hyena’s anywhere near here.” Brax shook his head.

“Promise you’ll never leave, like Mufasa did to Simba.” Shawn said burying his head into Brax’s chest.

“So that’s what you’ve been watching today. Well, I promise you buddy no matter what happens in life I’ll always be here for you and watching over you.”

“Pinkie swear?” Shawn asked holding his hand out.

“Pinkie swear” Brax replied standing up. He tucked Shawn in giving him a kiss goodnight before making to leave.

“Daddy, what if it’s still under my bed?” He asked rubbing his eyes.

“How about I let Cocoa sleep in here just for tonight? Then tomorrow we can get rid of all the monsters in here.” Brax suggested.

“Yeah, she will scare all them monsters away.” Shawn smiled.

A few minutes later Shawn was curled up ready o go back to sleep, Cocoa lying on the floor next to his bed.

“I love you Shawn.” Brax said switching the light off.

“I love you too daddy.” Shawn yawned closing his eyes.

Archived