One Thing Leads to Another (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was ACE !!!!, especially ......

 and looked around the hospital waiting room.It seemed to be full of couples.Pregnant women accompanied by their loving husbands. They had probably been trying for children for ages, looking forward to the positive test result and the following scan.And probably to the birth and the having a baby that came afterwards.

 April cast a look back towards the doorway, hoping for a miracle.But there was no-one there.She hesitated.“Can I wait a bit longer?I’m waiting for my…”She broke off, unsure how she could describe their relationship.“I’m waiting for the father.”

 April paused.When she’d first decided to run away, it had all seemed fairly straightforward.Xavier coming along too had been a help but she knew she could have managed on her own if he hadn’t.But now…now she was beginning to feel as though she relied on him and she had no idea what she’d do if he wasn’t there.

 “And you’re eating okay?”

April paused slightly.“As well as I can.”

“Well, you need to keep your strength up.”

“She hasn’t been going hungry,”Xavier insisted defensively.

 The ENTIRE last secne in particular …….. .“Well, I’m sorry to be such a burden to you, Xavier,”she snapped and stormed on ahead.

That was sooooooooooooooooooooo ACE !!!!!! REALLY loved that, especially ......

 April slammed the order slip down on the counter.“One double cheeseburger with a large fries,”she snapped,“Like the guy taking up two seats needs them.”

Molly looked at her bemused.“Okay, this job makes me cranky sometimes but you seem to be at a whole new level today.Is this a hormone thing?”

“No, it’s not hormones!Why is it whenever a pregnant woman’s upset about something people think it’s hormones?”

Molly took her by the arm.“Okay, outside before you kill a customer.Harry!We’re taking our break now.”

 “The problem is we’re having a baby together!I thought I could do this on my own but I can’t, I need him to be there for us.But on the other hand, he’s a nice guy and he deserves to be happy and I don’t want to stand in the way of him being happy.”She groaned.“Oh, this is so messed up!”

 Xavier gaped at what he saw.The table was set up with a lavish meal, a bottle of wine and candles. April was standing by it and she looked gorgeous:She was wearing a black dress that showed off her figure, even after five months of pregnancy, and had had her hair and make-up done.The whole thing must have taken her hours.

“Wow,”he said at last.

 “Doesn’t have to be over yet.”

“Oh, you had something else planned?”

“Yes.”She leaned forward and kissed him.

Xavier responded to the kiss for several seconds then pulled away slightly.“Are you sure..?”

“Don’t question it.”

“Okay.”They kissed again and staggered over to the bed, beginning to remove each other’s clothes as they lay down together.

Being in the same bed wasn’t exactly an unusual experience for them.However, being naked and feeling the warmth of post-coital bliss was a bit more rare.“What exactly was that?”Xavier asked.

“What, you didn’t recognise it?”

“No, I mean…was that just us letting off steam or…”He rolled over and looked right at her.“Are we together?”

“Do you want to be?”

He tried to look serious even though he couldn’t help grinning.“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I think I could cope with that.”

“I love you.”

The falter of her smile was so slight he didn’t even notice it.“I love you too,”she replied.And kissed him again.