One Thing Leads to Another (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOOOVED that, especially ......

 April grimaced at the call, looking round to where a man, sat with his family, was clicking his fingers at her.However much she might wear a badge saying “My name is April, I am here to help”, to the customers she was always Waitress.

She forced a smile on her face as she went over to the table, notepad in hand.“

 April liked Molly.She was the same age as her, having left school the previous year.She was also the only person in the café, staff or customer, who ever seemed to notice that April was pregnant.It wasn’t like she could hide the pregnancy anymore, a cursory look at her would be enough to tell, but everyone just seemed to view her as someone who was only there to take orders, wait tables and smile at people as she totted up their bills.The idea that she might have a life outside her job didn’t seem to occur to them.

 Xavier did actually remember that.Mainly because Ted told him it every day.But the older man was good company and, despite being over twenty years old than Xavier, he never talked down to him.Well, no more than he would anyone else he viewed as the new boy.It was quite refreshing.

 .“She’s not my…”

“Not your girlfriend, I know,”Ted interrupted,“Just a friend who happens to be a girl and who you happen to have got pregnant.Which is completely different apparently.”

“It is,”Xavier insisted.

“Well, whatever it is you call her,

 although it didn’t actually contain a bath, only managing a shower cubicle.Although neither Xavier nor April really minded showers, given how sore she felt most days April could have done with a long relaxing soak.

 “Well, it has the advantage of being easy to make…ow!”April gave a sudden gasp of pain.

Xavier looked at her in concern.“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just felt a…”April rubbed her stomach thoughtfully.“Is it about time for the baby to start kicking?”

“I guess so, I haven’t really been around that many pregnant people.”

“Because I think that’s what it’s doing.”April gave another gasp.“Yep, I’m pretty sure that felt like a kick. Hey, come and feel.”

“Do you mind?”Xavier asked cautiously.

“Bit late to worry about that now.Here.”She took his hand and placed it over her stomach.

For a moment, Xavier felt nothing.Then he felt the dull thud of something moving around inside her.An involuntary smile spread across his face.“Wow.”

April looked at him and smiled too, the pair of them united in their pleasure.

Xavier can't seem to do anything right can he? Poor him. He doesn't need April's temper at all..but I do think its sweet that he is trying so hard to help her. I think maybe April needs to calm down a bit and stop blaming him for everything. He is only human after all.

I look forward to reading more, I think this is my new favourite story Red :)