One Thing Leads to Another (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Red, you have no idea how much I needed a bit of Heath! :D Thankyou...keep it up :P:lol:

April running away is not going to help...but loved Heath's 'advice' to Xavier...and not just beause it was Heath :lol:

Loved the chapter..and have to admit, this is one of my favourite stories at the moment.. :)

Hope you update soon x

Whoa !!!! That was unexpected & cooooooooooool, especially ......

 It took Xavier a few seconds to process the information.Then he realised.“Are you running away?”

April didn’t look up from what she was doing.She just nodded.

Xavier took her by the shoulders, forcing her to look at him.“April, think about this.Where are you going to go, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.All I know is I can’t go on like this.Meal times are a nightmare, Bianca giving me disappointed looks and Irene not knowing how to react.College is pretty much a write off, what with being pregnant and useless.I can’t go on living in a town where everyone just sees me as a screw-up teenage mum, I need to be somewhere else.”

 April sighed.“Okay.But if you tell Bianca or Irene or your mum about this, then I swear I’m going to leave here and you’ll never see me or this baby again.”

 .“Better shape up, Austin, or I might have to find myself another dumb wage slave.”

It was the last straw.Xavier turned round angrily and punched Heath in the chest.It felt curiously akin to hitting a wall and the fact that, despite being knocked back a pace by the blow, Heath merely laughed didn’t help.

 .“You wanna tell me what that little girly tantrum was about?”he asked.

“April’s pregnant, okay?”Xavier snapped, aware of the irony of who he was confiding in but too wound up to think of a lie,“She’s pregnant and it’s mine and our families hate the idea so she wants to run away and I don’t know what I’m gonna do about it.”

“You got April pregnant?”Heath asked with a smirk,“Didn’t know you had it in you.”Xavier scowled and Heath’s demeanour changed slightly.“You love her?”Xavier didn’t answer.“’Cos if you really do want to do right by this girl and this kid, you need to stop being a wuss and start to man up.Just saying.”

Heath went back inside.But Xavier was shocked to realise that his words had actually given him an idea.

 .“Let’s go then.”

It was not the response April had been expecting.“What?”

“I’m going with you.”

“Xav, you don’t have to do that…”

“Well, the way I see it my life sucks just as much as yours and it’s the only way I’m gonna be there for the baby and we’ll stand a better chance of supporting ourselves if there’s two of us.So..?”

April stared at him in disbelief for a second.Then she smiled and took his hand.

Xavier pulled the door shut behind them and they walked off down the street together.

Good Chapter

I felt abit annoyed with Heath when he was having a go at Xavier when he got the table wrong, and I was like Yes you go Xavier when he punched him. But I was quite shocked when Heath gave him that advice which was nice of him.

It's not going to help them both running away through.

Enjoyed that, especially ......

 “I doubt it.She hasn’t got much to study for these days.Probably reading an antenatal book.April!”

 “He says that April didn’t think she could stay here,”Gina explained,“And he…he didn’t think he could count on us to support them so he’s gone with her.”

 “I suppose I was the same with Xavier,”Gina admitted,“I was just so angry with him for getting himself into this mess but it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t have supported him.”

 “Well, you can’t sleep on the floor, you’re pregnant.”

“I know, I mean…we can share.”April nodded towards the bed.

Xavier looked at her in confusion.“You mean..?”

“I mean we can share,”April repeated, her tone making it clear she didn’t mean anything more than that, “Just two friends sleeping in the same bed.And having a baby together.”

“Well, okay, if you’re sure…”

She nodded.

 “I dunno, get to the city and find somewhere to live, try and get jobs somewhere.”

“Sounds like a plan.”Xavier went to turn his lamp off.

“Xav?”April smiled at him awkwardly.“I’m glad you came with me.”