Home and LA

Guest Perry

Home and LA

Type of story: Undecided

Main Characters: April Scott, Ruby Buckton, Heath Braxton with Aden Jeffries, Bianca Scott and Liam Murphy

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Angst

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: SC L D

Summary: Liam and Bianca have relocated to LA following Liam’s successful new album and tour but his constant absence is putting a strain on their relationship.

Following their break-up with the Braxton brothers, April and Ruby travel to LA for schoolies where one girl finds her big break and the other finds a chance at love.

Home and LA

“April I’m telling you, with Liam off to Vegas for the next month, me not being able to find a job yet, now will be the perfect time for you to visit.”

April could hear the excitement in her sister’s voice over her suggestion to visit, she almost had to put the phone away from her ear. “When I said that I wanted to visit, I didn’t mean right now.” April arrived to the gate of her home and walked into her yard from the beach.

A night air breeze gave April a chill and she rushed towards the backdoor of the Beach House.

“April you just nailed your exams, Invite Ruby along, I’ll pay for the tickets.”

“Ruby’s got plans with Casey for schoolies.”

“Tell her to cancel, this is LA, April, movie stars, swimming pools, you wouldn’t guess what I’m doing right now.”

“Laying on the lounge watching the Jersey Shore marathon?” April cackled.

Bianca laughed. “No that was yesterday, today I’ve made myself a cosmo, I’m reading a cosmo and I’m laying by the pool.”

“Sounds like fun…” April said sarcastically.

“More relaxing then fun but if you want fun, I can bring you fun. I’ll be the Funtasm.”

“Did you just say funtasm?” April laughed. “I’ll ask Ruby.”

“Too late…” April could hear what sounded like typing at a computer. “I’ve already booked your tickets.”

“Alright…” April smiled. “I better let Ruby know. See you soon.” She put her mobile away and walked inside the home. “Irene?”

April stepped into what smelt like the local RSL did in the eighties, Cigarettes and alcohol. She saw Irene asleep on the lounge and stepped closer to her, almost tripping over an empty wine bottle she picked the bottle up and placed it on the kitchen bench and then walked over to Irene, she gently shook her.

“Irene?” April shook the woman again. “Come on, let’s get you to bed.”

In Hollywood, in the backyard of her and Liam’s beach house, Bianca folded up her laptop and pulled her phone out she searched for Liam’s name in her database and began calling him, she began to hear her boyfriend’s ringtone.

“Liam? Are you home?” She walked inside and started looking around for either Liam or his phone she then heard his voice on the other end.

“Hey, this is Liam, you know what to do…”

“Hey Liam, it’s me, Bianca, your girlfriend ringing you just to find out what time you’ll be home…” Bianca took a gasp. “…But you’ve left your phone at home again so I guess I won’t find out what time you’ll be home until you get home, if you get home…” She began to sigh. “…Call me. I love you.”

Ruby was laying on the lounge watching TV when April stepped into the lounge room, unable to control her smile she had something hiding behind her back. Ruby looked up at April and smiled herself.

“Let me guess…” Ruby said excitedly. “…You decided to see sense and are back together with Heath.”

“Uh no…” April looked disgusted. “How’s your passport? Is it up to date?”

“Why? What’s going on?”

April couldn’t hold her excitement and held up the boarding passes. “You and I are going first class to Hollywood.”

“Wh? What?” Ruby started cheering she stood up hugged April and started dancing around the house.

“Plane leaves tomorrow morning at 9.” April continued to jump up and down but Ruby stopped still.

“Tomorrow? I’m suppose to go to the Central Coast with Casey and Heath tomorrow.”

“I know but…” April held up the tickets again. “…It’s LA, Casey will understand.”

“I hope so…” Ruby forced a smile and then hugged April. “…Cause there is no way I’m not going to LA with you.”

April’s mobile started ringing, “It’s autumn over there at the moment but Bianca said the weather is beautiful and to pack warmly.”

“You aren’t going to answer that?”

“It’s either Heath or…” She looked at her phone; HOME CALLING. She cancelled the call. “…We have to get organised.

April stopped next to Heath’s jacked up Ute on the Braxton’s front lawn. “Wait, I really don’t want to deal with Heath right now.”

Ruby walked back to take her friend by the hand. “Come on you promised emotional support or whatever…”

“Yeah but…” She pointed to the house. “…Heath.”

“That’s my name!” A shirtless Heath slid out from underneath his Ute and wiped some oil off his face with his hand. “April, April, April.” He got up off of the ground and looked at his girlfriend before placing his hand on his heart. “She breaks my heart, ignores my calls then stands right here in front of me looking so…” He looked her up and down. “…so sweet if only she didn’t dump me oh so cruelly.”

April rolled her eyes.

“Is Casey home?” Ruby asked trying to save her friend.

“He’s inside.” Ruby began heading up to the porch but looked back to find April and Heath looking at each other.

“How are you?” Heath asked kindly.

“I’m fine.” April replied kind of coldly. “You?”

“I’ll be okay…” Heath shook his head. “…You’re not the first girl to dump me.”

“I better go with Ruby…” She began to head up to the porch but looked back at Heath.

“Are you alright?” Ruby nudged her.

April nodded and the two girls headed inside.

“No!” Casey snapped. “We planned this months ago, come on Rube, I’ve been looking forward to this. No parents, no responsibilities just you and me…”

“…And Heath.” Ruby added.

Casey points to April. “Well blame her for that killjoy; she was suppose to come with us as well.”

“Case…” Ruby pleaded.

“If you want to go to LA that’s fine…” Casey took a breath. “But you’re going there single.”

Bianca was lying in bed thinking when she heard Liam coming up the stairs. He carefully stepped into the room, thinking she’d be asleep, he took his boots off and tip-toed to the bed.

“You left your phone at home again.”

Liam took his clothes off and slipped into the sheets. “I know, I’m sorry. How did the job interview go?”

“I didn’t even get interviewed. They gave it to the girl booked in before me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek. “You will find something though; you’ve worked all over the world.”

“I know.” Bianca smiled modestly. “Guess what? April and Ruby are visiting for two weeks.”

“Awesome, when?”

“Tomorrow night.”

Liam looked a bit disappointed. “I’ll be busy with the film clip would have been good to be able to spend some time with them.”

“Well they’ll be here for two weeks.” Bianca began kissing Liam passionately before reaching down under the sheet.

Liam pulled away. “I’m really tired babe.”

“Oh!” Bianca turned away from him and closed her eyes.

“Good night.” He kissed her on the cheek.

Bianca didn’t respond except for a single tear escaping her eye.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT opener, most especially ...........

 “Did you just say funtasm?” April laughed. “I’ll ask Ruby.”

“Too late…” April could hear what sounded like typing at a computer. “I’ve already booked your tickets.”

 April stepped into what smelt like the local RSL did in the eighties, Cigarettes and alcohol. She saw Irene asleep on the lounge and stepped closer to her, almost tripping over an empty wine bottle she picked the bottle up and placed it on the kitchen bench and then walked over to Irene, she gently shook her.

 “She breaks my heart, ignores my calls then stands right here in front of me looking so…” He looked her up and down. “…so sweet if only she didn’t dump me oh so cruelly.”

 “If you want to go to LA that’s fine…” Casey took a breath. “But you’re going there single.”

 Bianca didn’t respond except for a single tear escaping her eye.

April and Ruby were seated at the airport, Ruby had her head buried in an American Gossip magazine and April was looking over at a young mother who was comforting her crying baby. The mother took the baby towards her face and kissed him on his cheek.

“Do you think I’ll run into Chris Hemsworth?” Ruby asked.

April kept looking towards the young mother.

“Uh April?”

“Wha?” April looked at the magazine Ruby was reading. “We travel all the way to Los Angeles and the one person you want to meet is an Australian.”

“A super hunky blond Australian.” Ruby then hit herself over the head with the magazine. “Do you think Casey meant what he said?

“Ok, talk about Casey or Heath or any other Braxton or anything to do with Summer Bay whatsoever is officially banned from this trip ok?” April warned. “We’re here for fun.”

“Did someone mention fun?” Bianca crept up behind the two girls and hugged April giving her a bit of a fright.

April stood up and gave her a proper hug.

“If I knew you were going to swap the tickets for an earlier flight, I would have been here earlier.” Bianca complained but was actually glad to see her sister.

“We just wanted to get out of Summer Bay.” April mentioned.

“Casey broke up with me yesterday.” Ruby added to which April gave her a glare for mentioning his name.

“Ooooh.” Bianca gave her a hug. “Well get ready girls. We’re going to paint this town red.”

“So you had a good time today?” Liam asked as he grabbed at a takeout Chinese container.

They were seated out the backyard in the patio next to the pool, the sun setting behind them.

“The best.” Ruby answered enthusiastically. “I thought I saw Nick Smith turned out it was only Chris Egan.”

“Who?” Liam asked.

“Exactly.” Bianca responded with a smile. Liam leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

“He actually lived with Irene…” Ruby added before taking a bite out of her Mongolian Lamb.

“Who Chris Egan?” Bianca asked surprised.

“…No Nick Smith.” Ruby responded with a full mouth.

“I didn’t know that.” Bianca then looked to April who was being noticeably quiet all day. “How is Irene doing?”

“Yeah…” April nodded. “Good.” She used her chopsticks to fill her mouth up with rice to avoid talking about her. Her mobile started vibrating on the table.

Bianca looked over to see who was calling… “Speaking of…” She went to grab April’s phone but April beat her to it.

“I’ll call her back later.” She cancelled the call and held onto the phone tightly.

Ruby looked at April and then at Bianca who shrugged off her sister’s behaviour.

“Excuse me…” April stood up and walked inside. She walked over to the kitchen sink and began hyperventilating. She gripped onto the phone tightly again and could feel it vibrating in her grasp she looked at who was calling her. HEATH CALLING. She answered it. “Just leave me alone!” She ended the call and threw the phone down on the bench and began to cry.

“Bianca’s got a job interview tomorrow so if you and April aren’t doing anything, why don’t you come down to watch the filming of my video clip.” Liam suggested to Ruby.

“Yeah sounds ok.” Ruby smiled. “It’s not like I can do much else, I wish I knew beforehand that the drinking age in America was twenty-one.”

“Stick with me you’ll be alright.” Liam winked.

Bianca spotted the wink and tried her best to hide her jealousy. “I’m going to check on April.”

April wiped away her tears just before Bianca walked in and spotted her.

“Hey? You alright?” Bianca asked her sister with concern.

“Uh huh.” April answered before picking up her vibrating phone off the bench. HEATH CALLING. She showed her sister the phone. “I came to LA to get away from him.”

“Switch it off.” Bianca took the phone off her sister and turned it off. “You’re here for fun, remember?”

April nodded.

Bianca was out the back putting some Chinese containers into a plastic bag, Liam sat on a seat by the pool and began strumming his guitar.

“Are you going to help?” Bianca asked.

Liam smiled before shaking his head, he continued to play.

“You know this is the most I’ve seen of you since we moved here.” Bianca put the plastic bag down and sat down next to him. “I had the best time today, it’s crazy how much I’ve missed her.”

“Uh huh.” Liam continued to play his instrument not noticing Bianca’s flaring nostrils.

“I think I know this song, it’s not one of yours is it?” Bianca tried hard to think of what the song was, whatever it was he was playing it differently to how it sounded. “We’re finally here together and its not some ridiculous hour in the night, and instead of talking or sexing, you’re playing your guitar.

Liam nodded before singing. “Don’t say no, no, no, no, no. Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and we’ll go, go, go, go, go. If you’re ready, like I’m ready.”

Bianca suddenly realised what he was singing and smiled.

“Cause it’s a beautiful night, we’re looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I think I want to marry you. Is it the look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby. I think I want to marry you.” He placed his guitar to the side and got down in front of Bianca. He pulled out a small jewellery box from his pocket and opened it up in front of her. “SO, you want to marry me?”

Liam could see the huge diamond reflecting in her eye, actually it was a tear. She hugged him and nodded not realising he couldn’t see her nodding.

“So?”

“Yes Liam.”

Archived