Home and LA

Guest Perry

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REALLY enjoying this, especially ……

 “I thought I saw Nick Smith turned out it was only Chris Egan.”

“Who?” Liam asked.

“Exactly.” Bianca responded with a smile. Liam leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

“He actually lived with Irene…” Ruby added before taking a bite out of her Mongolian Lamb.

 “Yeah sounds ok.” Ruby smiled. “It’s not like I can do much else, I wish I knew beforehand that the drinking age in America was twenty-one.”

 “Uh huh.” April answered before picking up her vibrating phone off the bench. HEATH CALLING. She showed her sister the phone. “I came to LA to get away from him.”

 “Cause it’s a beautiful night, we’re looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I think I want to marry you. Is it the look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby. I think I want to marry you.” He placed his guitar to the side and got down in front of Bianca. He pulled out a small jewellery box from his pocket and opened it up in front of her. “SO, you want to marry me?”

“Is this it?” Ruby walked up to the door to Studio C.

April looked around. “The Guard said it was the second on the left, this is the first.”

Ruby pointed to the first door. “He said second on the left that’s the first this is the second.”

“No this is the first, that’s a janitor’s closet.” April shrugged before walking away.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to ask for directions, it’s what you do when you’re lost.” April complained.

“Kind of like you and Heath.”

April stopped. “What do you mean?”

“You kind of took the wrong path when you broke up with him. I know you’re crazy for him just ring him up and sort it out.”

“What about you and Casey?”

Ruby shook her head. “Okay firstly, Casey dumped me for wanting to go on a holiday that’s his problem not mine, secondly if I thought it was worth it I would do what it takes to stay with him but the truth is we were having trouble for a while. I didn’t break up with him for something that happened long before we even got together.”

“It wasn’t long before we got together it was a day before…”

“It doesn’t matter if it was a day before or a minute before you can’t punish someone for having a past.”

“What would you know?” April kept walking.

“I know you love him.”

April ran away crying, Ruby began chasing after her but knocked over a blond man, she couldn’t believe her eyes when she offered her hand out to help him up.

“Aden Jeffries?”

“Ouch.” Aden got up and smiled. “Ruby Buckton, what are you doing in LA?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

“I live here, I work next door, heard Liam was shooting here and thought I would surprise him. You?”

“Visiting Liam with April, Liam’s dating her sister.”

“Ok.” Aden looked at Ruby and smiled.

“What?”

“Nothing…” Aden laughed. “It’s just good to see you.”

“Yeah…” Ruby smiled back. “…You too.”

“Have you heard from Nic?”

Ruby shook her head. “Not for a few months.”

“Is it true she got with Angelo and has a baby?”

“Well not in that order…” Ruby laughed.

“I think we got a lot to catch up on.”

“Never a dull moment in Summer Bay.”

“Liam we have a problem…” The second assistant Director, Tony, an enthusiastic young man in his early thirties, rushed over towards Liam. “…Samara isn’t showing up today.”

Liam looked over to Tony and shrugged. “What did she do break a nail?”

“She still wants’ to negotiate her pay.”

Liam rolled his eyes. “What’s there to negotiate? All she has to do is stand there look pretty and then kiss me, can’t be that hard.”

The studio was set up like a carnival, there was a sign saying World’s Strongest Man over towards where Liam was standing, a fortune teller’s stall, it was set up as if it was outside, looked very spooky and realistic.

Hailey, the make-up artist walked over to touch up Liam’s face. “You wouldn’t be able to pay me enough to kiss you.”

Liam laughed.

“Hold still!” Hailey warned. She put the blush against his cheeks and then gave him a wink before walking away.

“Replace the bitch.” Michael Richards, a balding man in his forties stormed into the studio. “****ing soap stars.”

“Boss, we’re actually suppose to be filming the scene today how are we going to find the right girl so quickly.”

At that moment Ruby walked into the studio followed close behind her by Aden, Ruby blushed as she realised all eyes were on her.

“Sorry.” Ruby smiled cutely. “Had trouble finding the studio.” She wondered if she dressed herself properly, if her halter top was on inside out. “Don’t mind me. I’m just here to watch. I’ll be real quiet.” At that moment she slipped over a floor lamp and squealed as she tried to keep her balance.

“She’ll do!” Michael looked at Liam and smiled.

April was on her own, seated outside the studio. She turned her phone on and waited for the message tone to sound. She looked down at her phone; 23 MISSED CALLS. She opened up her missed call register and was surprised to see they were all from HOME. She turned her phone back off.

“April!”

She looked over towards the bus stop to see Bianca walking towards her.

“What are you doing out here?” Bianca asked before she sat down next to her sister. “Where’s Ruby?”

“Inside somewhere.” April almost snapped. “Didn’t you have a job interview?”

Bianca nodded. “I did but you know waitressing, so not me besides you’re here now. I should spend some time with you.”

April forced a smile.

“Has Heath been ringing you again?” Bianca asked. “Is he not leaving you alone? I thought you were going to turn your phone off?”

“It is....” April showed her sister her switched off phone. “…He hasn’t, it’s Ruby.”

“Why what has she done?”

“You know…” April giggled. “…She’s being Ruby, butting in where she doesn’t belong. She wants me to get back with Heath, she says we belong together or whatever, it’s my choice who I decide to date or not.”

“True…” Bianca butted in. “…But I seem to remember us having a similar conversation a few months ago only that time you were determined to date him no matter what.”

“Well it’s the no matter what situation that had to be revised.”

“…Look…” Bianca added. “…I don’t know what he’s done, you don’t have to tell me but you knew what kind of guy Heath Braxton was when you chose to stay with him at the airport instead of coming onto the plane with me and Liam.”

April rolled her eyes.

“…We’ve been together for years, the two of us. But as much as I don’t like the guy, it must have been something about him to make you want to stay behind.”

April took in what Bianca was saying.

“Come on…” Bianca nudged April and stood up. “…Let’s watch a music video be filmed.”

Ruby, dressed in a sexy Carnival whore outfit walked over to Liam, Liam leaned in and went to kiss her. Ruby began giggling and pulled away.

“Cut!” Tony yelled.

“I’m sorry…” Ruby apologised. “…It’s just that’s Liam, I’ve known him for years.”

“Forget about Liam…” Tony told her. “…He’s not Liam. You’ve travelled all around America your whole life, you’ve never met a man before that made you want to forget about your life. You’ve heard him sing and suddenly you want to spend the rest of your life with him…”

An attractive older woman walked into the studio and saw Michael, she walked over towards him and stood beside him, staring at the monitor.

“When you kiss him…” Tony continued “…You know that your life has changed.”

Ruby looked to Tony a little nervously but nodded. She then looked over to Aden who was watching from the back of the room, he smiled at her and she returned one.

“Action!” Tony shouted.

The woman leaned down to whisper in his ear. “Oh good work Michael, she’s absolutely gorgeous.”

Bianca and April walked into the studio, a little confused as to what Ruby was doing on set.

Ruby walked up to Liam and kissed him, passionately, sexily, hotly. Sweat was falling off Liam’s brow neither of them separated when they were suppose to.

Bianca looked at Tony with concern. “CUT!” She yelled.

Tony looked back at Bianca. “Yeah, what she said.”

Liam looked at Bianca and smiled, Bianca just gave Ruby a look that could kill, Ruby blushed.

“That was brilliant.” Tony walked over towards the two. “Well done Ruby.”

The woman in the suit patted Michael on the shoulder and walked over towards Ruby. “Hello Ruby, well done. My name is Candace Falls, I’m a producer for TeenElevenTV.”

“Hi, um…” Ruby began stuttering. “Is this about the broken light because I can get it replaced?”

“No, it’s not about the light Ruby…” Candace laughed. “…We’re casting for a new teen drama this afternoon and you’ll be perfect for one of the leads. Are you interested?”

“Um…” Ruby looked to Aden who rushed over thinking she was in a panic. Ruby squealed in excitement. “Are you serious?”

April and Bianca walked over to see what the excitement was over.

“It’s just a casting…” Candace reminded her. “But I hope to see you there.” Candace handed Ruby a card before walking away.

“Oh my God, somebody please pinch me.” Ruby shouted being all giddy. Bianca couldn’t resist and pinched her hard. Ruby looked at her. “Ouch.”

In Summer Bay, Heath was working under his Ute, when Casey ran outside all excited. “Heath, you never guess what Charlie told Brax…”

Heath slid out from under the Ute. “I hate you or I love, I never can keep up with those two.”

“No, Ruby was starring in Liam’s film clip and she caught the attention of a big time Hollywood producer who wants her to be in some new Gossip Girl like soap. Can you believe that? That’s my girlfriend!”

“Um, that’s your ex girlfriend.” Heath reminded him. “You broke up with her before she left.”

“Yeah but she wouldn’t have taken me seriously.”

Heath shrugged. “Never give a girl an ultimatum, you never going to like their choice.”

“Thanks for coming with me.” Ruby thanked April as they sat down in the waiting room at the audition.

“Well it’s either this or listen to Bianca and Liam argue about your kiss.” April let out a little laugh. “The kiss was kind of hot.”

“Just good acting.”

“I thought Aden would have gone with you, the two of you seemed all close this afternoon.”

“Yeah well… we’ve been friends for years oh and he had to work.”

“Okay, heard from Casey?”

“What happened to no Braxton talk? Besides be quiet and help me go through this scene again.”

April took the script page off Ruby and began reading.

“What was going on with the two of you?”

Ruby thought about the line. “Nothing he just had to see me about some chemistry homework.”

“Is that Chemistry spelt D R U G S? I saw you buying.”

“It wasn’t mine, I don’t touch the stuff. Okay?”

“Uh ah….” April shook her head. “…I wasn’t buying for me; I’ve never touched the stuff. It’s okay.”

Ruby threw the script in frustration. “I’m never going to get it, all these girls are so much prettier then me. I’m going to have to go back to Summer Bay a single, failuring, losering, failure, loser.”

“You’ll be fine.”

A gorgeous young receptionist came out of a room. “Ruby Buckton, they’re ready to see you.”

Ruby stood up, shaking terribly. “I’m so going to suck.”

“You don’t suck.”

Ruby dragged April up. “Come in with me?”

“I don’t know…”

“Please…”

Ruby stood silent in front of the camera and the two producers and casting director watching her.

“Whenever you’re ready sweetie.” Candace smiled.

“Okay…” Ruby nodded nervously. “…I’m right.”

“What was going on with you two?” Candace began reading for her.

“Uh…” Ruby searched for the words in her head. “Nothing, he just wanted to see me about our Chemistry assignment.”

“Is that…?”

“Wait!” Riley, a handsome producer in his late thirties cut in. “What’s with the accent?”

“Ruby’s Australian.” Candace answered.

“That’s great…” Riley injected. “…But the part is for a young American socialite.” He looked at Ruby. “…Keep going but this time with the right accent.”

“Um…” Ruby could feel a tear fall down her cheek. “…I can’t do an American accent.”

“Yeah you can…” April cut in. “It’s easy…” She grabbed the script. “He just wanted to see me about our Chemistry homework.”

Riley looked to April and smiled. “That’s good keep it going.”

“Oh…” Candace read out from her script. “Is that Chemistry spelt D R U G S?”

“I wasn’t buying for me; I’ve never even touched the stuff. It’s okay.”

“Well if you weren’t buying for yourself, who were you buying for?”

“I can’t say. But you can’t tell anybody you saw us. Promise me, this our secret.”

Riley began clapping. “Well done, what’s your name?”

“Uh April, but I was just here for support.”

“Well you just did a perfect audition.”

April looked to Ruby as if to say sorry but Ruby just looked happy for her friend.

“Her accent sounded a little Canadian.” Candace added her two cents, still feeling Ruby would have been the better choice.

“We’ll work on it with the voice coach, welcome to Hollywood April.”

Wow!Lots of stuff going on in that chapter.What did Heath do?Loved the catch up between Ruby and Aden and the girls getting caught up in the Hollywood drama.The chat between Heath and Casey made me laugh, as did April with a Canadian accent and Ruby being as hyperactive as usual. Looking forward to more!

At a 50’s themed restaurant, Aden bit into his huge American style Hot Dog. “Nothing beats an American hotdog in an American restaurant in America.”

“…Yeah.” Ruby left her dog on her plate and slumped down burying her face into her palms.

“You still upset about April getting the part?”

“I’m not upset that April got the part, I’m just bummed that I didn’t.”

“Oh well, that’s Hollywood.” He finished his hot dog and grabbed at Ruby’s. “If you’re not going to eat your hot dog…” He took a bite out of it.

“No...” Ruby tried to snatch the Hot Dog back. “…I was still going to eat it.”

“Well it was going cold…” Aden took another bite and then held it up out of Ruby’s reach. “…Besides if you want to be a star in Hollywood you should be getting the salad.” He teased with a full mouth.

“Oh stuff that!” Ruby shook her head she then pointed at Aden. “You’re buying me another one.”

“Oh am I?” Aden looked at Ruby and smiled.

Ruby nodded and then laughed.

Liam arrived home to find Bianca in her jogging uniform.

“Ooh, dressing up for me?” Liam gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m going for a jog with April.” Bianca walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Oh, where is she I wanted to congratulate her?”

“Upstairs getting ready for our jog.”

“Ok, where’s your ring?” Liam noticed the absence of Bianca’s engagement ring on her finger.

“I haven’t told April yet, she’s still dealing with the breakup with Heath. Also it’s a little too small, needs resizing.”

Liam nodded.

“I’m ready.” April walked downstairs looking, the happiest she’s been since she arrived.

“Here she is the new star of Primetime.” Liam gave her a hug. “Congratulations.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

April pushed Liam off her. “Thanks Liam.” She wiped her cheek clean.

“You haven’t signed any contracts yet have you?” Liam asked.

April shook her head.

“Good because you don’t want to end up like the guys from Glee, stuck on five season contracts with hardly any pay.”

“We better head off, before it gets too dark.” Bianca suggested.

Liam walked over to Bianca and leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek but an oblivious Bianca didn’t realise and walked out the door leaving Liam to kiss empty air.

“Ok Bye.”

“So how did you end up in LA?” Ruby asked Aden as they walked along a path down the beach each eating an ice cream cone.

“Nothing exciting, after leaving Summer Bay, I moved to the city and got a job building and dismantling sets and stages for movies and rock concerts, my boss was American got transferred back to LA and took me and a few other guys with him.”

“And do you like it here?”

Aden stopped. “Yeah well once I got use to the smell and the smog, I don’t know, it’s good. It was like a new start for me, you know?”

Ruby nodded. “So you’re not seeing anybody?”

Aden smiled. “I see people, I’m seeing you right now.”

Ruby pushed him playfully. “No… I mean….”

“…I know what you mean…” Aden took a mouth full of his double choc ice cream and licked his lips almost flirtatiously. “…No I’m not, I was seeing someone for a while but it didn’t work out.” Aden took another mouthful of ice cream seemingly not wanting to explain further. “…What about you?”

“I was seeing someone for almost a year but it wasn’t working out and he broke up with me before I left.”

“And he left you single for all the young Hollywood hunks to sweep you off your feet?”

Ruby laughed. “As if.”

“Ruby you are a beautiful sporty, incredibly talented chick, there would be sweeping no matter what country you’re in.” Aden made Ruby blush.

“Maybe I don’t want to be swept up by a Hollywood hunk…” She looked at Aden and bit her lip to tantalize. “Maybe I want a Blond hunky Australian instead.”

Aden blushed. “Really?”

Ruby nodded. “Do you happen to know where Chris Hemsworth lives?”

Aden laughed and dipped his Ice Cream onto her face. Ruby wiped her face clean with her hand and threw her cone at Aden who managed to dodge it. She chased after him and Aden threatened her off using his ice cream as a barrier to keep her back.

“You wouldn’t…” Ruby tried to warn him off. “I’ll scream.”

Aden jabbed his cone towards her but held it back from getting her with it.

“Help!” Ruby jokingly screamed. “ICE CREAM! ICE CREAM!”

“Shoosh…” Aden held the cone back. “They’ll think you’re in trouble.”

Ruby snatched the cone from Aden and dipped it into his chin. “OOOOOHH!” She teased.

Aden tried to wipe his face but it was dripping all over his shirt. “You ruined my shirt.”

“Oh well…” Ruby shrugged. “I guess you’ll just have to take it off.”

Aden ripped off his Tee and then banged his chest like Tarzan, he then grabbed Ruby and threw her over his shoulder, Ruby squealed. Aden headed towards the water.

“No don’t, please.” She hit his shoulder to try and get him to drop her. “No Aden, stop.”

Aden laughed as he walked with her into water getting them both wet, he let go of her and she grabbed onto him trying to dunk him but Aden stood strong he grabbed her arm and the two looked into each others eyes and gave in to each other with a passionate kiss.

Further down the beach along the path, April was running ahead of Bianca who was struggling to catch up.

“April!” Bianca tried calling her back. “This isn’t a race.” She stopped to catch her breath and let April run ahead.

As April ran she looked around at the beach which was quite busy for that time of night. She saw a lady pushing a pram, she slowed and watched as the lady looked into the pram and gave affection to her baby.

Bianca now had almost caught up. “April!”

April heard Bianca’s voice and continued to sprint, Bianca let her go and watched as her disappeared into the distance. She shook her head in disbelief.

Liam who was at the Beach House watching TV looked down and opened up the box that housed Bianca’s engagement ring, he opened it up and looked at it. He then placed it in the drawer of the coffee table. He looked at his phone at the time. 10.19 pm. He sighed before turning the TV off and heading up to bed.

Ruby and Aden walked down the corridor of an apartment building, Aden still bare-chested had the shirt hanging over his shoulder, he pulled his key out of his pocket and the two reached his door. Before he unlocked it Ruby went in for another passionate kiss. She put her body close to his and could feel a drop sweat fall from Aden’s face onto her shoulder. Aden separated and unlocked the door. They giggled like school children as they walked inside.

“Honey? Is that you?” They both heard a female voice.

Ruby looked confused as she saw a beautiful blonde woman step in front of them wearing nothing but a towel.

“Hi?” The young woman looked just as confused.

Ruby not wanting to jump to conclusions straight away smiled politely and shook the woman’s hand. “I’m Ruby.”

“I’m Samara…” Samara gripped Ruby’s hand a little too tightly. “…Aden’s fiancé.”

“Uh…” Ruby looked to Aden who looked just as surprised as she did. “…I’m leaving.”

“Ruby wait…” Aden looked to Samara.

“Thanks a lot Aden for showing me that you’re still the same pig you were when you with Nicole.” Ruby stormed out of the expensive apartment, dignity in tact, or so she thought.

Ruby stormed into the beach house and walked to the couch, slumping down she moaned and groaned and then grabbed what she thought was the television remote. She tried to turn the TV on but the radio started blaring she blocked her ears before turning it off and searched for the TV remote. She opened the drawer and found the jewellery box. She opened it up and squealed with excitement when she saw the engagement ring inside. She took the ring out and looked at it closely.

“Well done Liam.” She smiled.

She looked down at her ring finger and then looked around to see if anybody was around. She placed the ring on her finger and danced around admiring how it looked. She realised when enough was enough and went to take the ring off her finger but couldn’t, it wouldn’t budge. She tried to pull at it again and again but no luck.

She ran into the kitchen and desperately searched the drawers for a tool or instrument that would help. She couldn’t find anything. She placed her palm on the edge of the kitchen bench and pushed down hoping the ring will catch onto the bench and slide off but instead she slipped and bumped her head.

“Owe!” She cried. “Why Ruby? Why are you so so stupid?” She then bumped her head on the bench, only this time on purpose.

Liam walked into the kitchen wearing only his pyjama pants.

“Ruby? What’s going on?”

Ruby, red faced, showed Liam her finger. “I found Bianca’s engagement ring in the drawer it looked pretty and I wanted to try it on, nobody was around so I thought why not? But then it got stuck and I can’t get it off and Aden’s engaged and I’m a complete moron for thinking things were going to go fine for me in LA when they never go fine for me anywhere.”

Liam walked up to her and gave her a comforting hug. She collapsed onto his shoulder not wanting him to see her cry.

Bianca walked in through the back door at that moment to see her fiancé with Ruby again.

“What the…?”

There is sooooooooooooooooo much to LOVE here [catching up with the latest 2 chapters], especially ……..

 “You kind of took the wrong path when you broke up with him. I know you’re crazy for him just ring him up and sort it out.”

 April ran away crying, Ruby began chasing after her but knocked over a blond man, she couldn’t believe her eyes when she offered her hand out to help him up.

“Aden Jeffries?”

 “…Samara isn’t showing up today.”

Liam looked over to Tony and shrugged. “What did she do break a nail?”

 “Sorry.” Ruby smiled cutely. “Had trouble finding the studio.” She wondered if she dressed herself properly, if her halter top was on inside out. “Don’t mind me. I’m just here to watch. I’ll be real quiet.” At that moment she slipped over a floor lamp and squealed as she tried to keep her balance.

“She’ll do!” Michael looked at Liam and smiled.

 Ruby, dressed in a sexy Carnival whore outfit walked over to Liam, Liam leaned in and went to kiss her. Ruby began giggling and pulled away.

 Bianca looked at Tony with concern. “CUT!” She yelled.

 “Um…” Ruby looked to Aden who rushed over thinking she was in a panic. Ruby squealed in excitement. “Are you serious?”

 Ruby threw the script in frustration. “I’m never going to get it, all these girls are so much prettier then me. I’m going to have to go back to Summer Bay a single, failuring, losering, failure, loser.”

 April looked to Ruby as if to say sorry but Ruby just looked happy for her friend.

“Her accent sounded a little Canadian.” Candace added her two cents, still feeling Ruby would have been the better choice.

 “Well it was going cold…” Aden took another bite and then held it up out of Ruby’s reach. “…Besides if you want to be a star in Hollywood you should be getting the salad.” He teased with a full mouth.

 “Ruby you are a beautiful sporty, incredibly talented chick, there would be sweeping no matter what country you’re in.” Aden made Ruby blush.

 Aden ripped off his Tee and then banged his chest like Tarzan, he then grabbed Ruby and threw her over his shoulder, Ruby squealed. Aden headed towards the water.

 “Thanks a lot Aden for showing me that you’re still the same pig you were when you with Nicole.” Ruby stormed out of the expensive apartment, dignity in tact, or so she thought.

 “Owe!” She cried. “Why Ruby? Why are you so so stupid?” She then bumped her head on the bench, only this time on purpose.

Loved the flirting between Aden and Ruby, it felt really natural.Shocked that Aden seems to have a fiance, thinking there might be more to it than their seems.I thought at first Liam was drifting away from Bianca but now it seems like the other way round.Interested to see where it goes.

Archived