'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Yeah, after the dance moves Dan has done on Daybreak - his own ones he calles "running man" & "shopping trolley" :lol: (if anyone wants to see the video's of Dan doing those, they're on the Daybreak website.

So I was quite suprised that Dan did very well too, was very pleased for him & proud.

I found Bruno's comments about Adrian Chiles was funny, that made me laugh! :lol:

I felt sorry for Robbie too, but I agree with the fact that Ola was doing most of the dancing, rather than Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay ... so I missed Jason's performance last night ... I have been asking around (BBC iPlayer is playing up for me at the moment).

I have been asking other people how he did (I know he got all nines) but nobody I talk to obviously watches it because they don't have a clue ...

If anyone can let me know, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Okay ... so I missed Jason's performance last night ... I have been asking around (BBC iPlayer is playing up for me at the moment).

I have been asking other people how he did (I know he got all nines) but nobody I talk to obviously watches it because they don't have a clue ...

If anyone can let me know, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lioOzSHqLGo

Top of the leaderboard with 36/40. HIGH Praise from the judges (I was expecting at least one 10). Personally, I didn't think it was THAT special. There's no denying he's a BRILLIANT contender, but I just don't find him all the memorable. His facial expressions are hugely distracting. The part where they broke hold to do this weird disco type thing in front of the judges looked completely, oddly out of place, and was hugely baffled as to why Len (the judge that harps on about traditional dancing) didn't say anything against it, especially when he rips into other pros (Aliona!) for straying away from traditional dance. I get that Kristina was going with the music, and that's great, but Tango's are supposed to be dramatic, dark, sexy dances, not disco dances. Just seemed a bit odd, IMO.

As for the rest of the night...... I thought Jason and Harry were both slightly overmarked. (It's unfortunate that, the only two times Aliona has choreographed a Jive for her celebs, they've fallen on "themed" weeks.) Harry's Jive seemed to have gotten lost in the Grease theme. It didn't stray completely but, like Jason's random disco dance in the Tango, there were moments it just didn't look like a Jive.

The reason they were both, IMO, overmarked, is because the judges gave Alex a score of 32, despite knowing that, at the very least, Jason and Harry would likely be better than her. The scoring is very odd. Chelsee deserved a point or two more, IMO.

I fear, at this rate, Jason will end up being overhyped and suffer overpraise. Even if the praise is deserved, it wont help him at all with the public vote. The judges favourite usually ends up suffering for it (Pamela Stephenson, Ali Bastian/Ricky Whittle, Rachel Stevens/Lisa Snowdon, Emma Bunton etc) n

and it wouldn't surprise me to see Jason suffer the same fate towards the end of the series. I'm not HUGELY bothered, since I'm not specifically routing for him (a good dancer he may be, but he leaves me really cold.) but it would be a shame to see him leave before his time because of overhype.

Lulu, Dan, Audley and Nancy were all completely forgettable. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see one of them leave tonight.

I'm still undecided on potential winners. My personal favourite right now is Chelsee, but I expect that to change at some point. I'll be surprised if it doesn't. I don't think any of them are actually good enough yet to put alongside the other winners in the Hall Of Fame. Whoever decided the pairings did a terrible job pairing Holly and Artem together. They have no chemistry at all and I suspect it's because they're fearing they'll start the rumour mill if they spice it up, especially given it wentinto overdrive with Kara last year. Holly would have been much better with either James or Brendan, IMO. A shame too, since Artem is a great choreographer and Holly's a decent contestant.

I wasn't too bothered actually. I thought it was either going to be Dan, Audley or Nancy. I was more leaning towards Audley, because he didn't get the votes last week. I thought Nancy would escape bottom 2 a few more weeks yet.

However, I don't think it's a great loss at all. Neither Dan, Audley or Nancy are ever going to light up the dance floor, and, with Russell, Chelsee, Anita and Lulu occupying mid-table, it's not a great surprise the bottom 3 struggled for votes.

I suspect Audley and Nancy will be the next to leave, possibly followed by a "shock" exit (That tends to happen around week 5/6), which will probably be Alex (who is just extremely forgettable) or Holly (I can see her suffering the Zoe Lucker fate. The producers were obviously hoping for another Kara with her, but it's just not happening. She seems very uninterested, IMO) Russell has the comedy status this year (and he's actually not too bad!) so I can see him staying a while.

For as long as the least potential winners leave, I'm happy. I've no idea who will be making top 5 at this rate though. There's a few of them that look like they have potential. I'm just waiting for that stand-out dance that MAKES the series.

Thank you so much for the link!

Seriously, I asked so many people last night how Jason did ... I would have gone on iPlayer and it was slow ...

So yeah, thank you so much!

And after seeing your comments, I took major notice of Jason's facial expressions and it's ... as you say, 'hugely' distracting and kind of cringey as well ...

And for those of you that actually like Jason there is a group on Facebook that will give you the latest info and links:

Teamdonovan4scd

Personally I hope he goes on to win SCD because with the hours of training he puts in he deserves to.

And yeah, over 80% of the dance on Saturday was Tango, therefore Len had no reason to complain.

Archived