'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to be bitter about Jason not winning. Take for example this:

Alesha Dixon, the token female judge and resident twit on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing, announces days before tonight’s final that Jason Donovan doesn’t stand a chance of winning against Chelsee Healey and Harry Judd.

Impartiality or what?

To be fair, Jason arrived on the show as a fully-formed stage performer, while both Chelsee and Harry are, as they repeatedly say on these shows, what Strictly is all about: new talent, learning to dance, possessing a great backstory and improving every week.

How ironic it would be if Alesha’s ill-judged comments on Jason result in his fans hitting the phone lines to vote him to victory.

Sorry I can't quote the source.

Then there was the debarcle two weeks ago when the Jason and Kristina voting line was down for 15 minutes (as reported and complained about by a number of people from across the UK to the BBC) and he ended up in the bottom two.

But without doubt the worst thing is when a so called friend does this on Twitter:

Would it be acceptable to laugh at people who voted for Jason to win? It would? Good! HA! What made you think that dick would win?

Which as they knew I was voting for Jason I found offensive and then had the gall to say that they posted that because a lot of "Harry" fans on twitter were posting. And yet they put the following on my Facebook in October when Strictly first came on about how they were watching Jason.

I only just managed to watch him tonight. I've been going on about it for ages and then forgot it was on tonight and got it just before his performance. Apparently, the best one of the night too ...

I can't say well done to Harry because for the first time since Strictly began I switched over and watched something else so I didn't even see the last dances. There have been other people who have won in the past that weren't my favourites but this year it became personal and I'm not sure that I will watch the show again.

Are these your friends writing these things to you, Tele? How rude and unnecessary.

I'm not sure Strictly will be as good ever again as it has been this year. I'm wondering if they should stop after this year and go out on a high. Or at least stop next year as its the 10th anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived