'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

Like him? I love him ... he's just, in my mum's words, 'way too old for me.' But that doesn't matter 'cause a lot of girls my age wouldn't say no to him ... <refers to discussions at uni>

Didn't know there was a facebook group for him, bless him ... so joining it now ...

I just wish I'd never looked at his face whilst he dances because I did laugh quite a bit ...

It's just annoying that loads of people kept saying 'I never knew he could dance!' Like seriously ... who didn't know he could dance?!

The reason I end up missing Strictly is because X Factor comes first for me ... mainly because I still haven't decided who I like by now!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for those of you that actually like Jason there is a group on Facebook that will give you the latest info and links:

Teamdonovan4scd

Personally I hope he goes on to win SCD because with the hours of training he puts in he deserves to.

And yeah, over 80% of the dance on Saturday was Tango, therefore Len had no reason to complain.

I assume that's aimed towards me, since my comment wasn't hugely pro-Jason. I don't dislike him, at all. I think he's fabulous and has potential to be one of the best the show has ever had. I just fear he's going to end up suffering before his time because of the hype. Look at Pamela last year... She started off fabulous and everyone was shocked and thrilled, but the judges fawned over her so much that it became overbearing. The public generally prefer underdogs and rarely go for the judges favourite. It's not against Jason, it's the way the show works, as we've seen so many times of the years.

As for the training hours..... Yeh, it's great he's putting so much time in, but we don't know how much of a margin there is between the contestants (Something that ITT is missing this year) and their training hours. Contestants can put in loads of hours and still not be good, or they can get just a few hours each week and be fabulous (Ricky Whittle, Scott Maslen etc). I don't think that's necessarily a reason for somebody to win. There are so many things that contribute to SCD winners, and one of the hugest ones is personality. It's great if you can dance well and attract the public with your personality (like Kara did), but great dancing can often be overshadowed if a contestant doesn't have the personality to win over the public. I've been following comments online from people regarding Jason and many have said that, whilst he does dance well, he doesn't seem very endearing. If he really wants to win this thing, he's got to unleash more personality. After all, Ricky Whittle was another for the "potentially the best contestant ever" category and lost out because he didn't have much charisma, and any trace of his fun personality was hugely overshadowed by Chris.

If Jason can somewhow win me over away from the dancefloor too, I'll be more than happy to see him win.

My point about Len wasn't about what percentage they were in hold for, it was about the fact that, once they broke hold, it was to do a disco number! I could understand if it had been for some dramatics, but disco felt completely out of place.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Maybe the disco was there because they were dancing to a DISCO number and fitting in with the whole theme of the night....

The theme was Broadway, not Disco. (Craig was critical of Chelsee and Pasha's Cha Cha for being too Disco. If a Cha Cha Cha shouldn't be disco, I'd imagine a Tango should definately not be) ABBA music could also be classed as Disco, but that didn't mean Robbie and Ola should stop and do a bit of a disco dance to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

My post, as I said, is just my opinion. I can't force myself to like it (and I never specifically said I disliked the dance. I just didn't think it was as great as it was made out to be, and didn't like the Disco bit.) just because others think it was great.

One thing i cant understand is why the public keep saving Nancy, to be fair she has no dancing abaility whatsoever :rolleyes:

She's kind of the Craig Kelly of this series: No dance ability at all, but completely clueless to it. In a way, I agree with Alesha... It's hard to tell if they're trying to be funny, or if they just are funny. (If you can call it funny). I kind of get the impression she's just living in her own world, and being dragged wherever she needs to go (and not just in dancing).

I think people are quite intruiged by her, because they don't know which other way they're supposed to take her. I get the feeling, when they asked her to do the show, the producers were expecting some sort of man-eating vixen that all this Italian sexy passion that would create heat on the dancefloor. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Maybe the disco was there because they were dancing to a DISCO number and fitting in with the whole theme of the night....

The theme was Broadway, not Disco. (Craig was critical of Chelsee and Pasha's Cha Cha for being too Disco. If a Cha Cha Cha shouldn't be disco, I'd imagine a Tango should definately not be) ABBA music could also be classed as Disco, but that didn't mean Robbie and Ola should stop and do a bit of a disco dance to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

My post, as I said, is just my opinion. I can't force myself to like it (and I never specifically said I disliked the dance. I just didn't think it was as great as it was made out to be, and didn't like the Disco bit.) just because others think it was great.

The disco part was in there because it was disco number from the show "Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert" fitting in with the Broadway theme of the night.

^^ is that better for you? No one said that you had to like it or whatever, I was just trying to point out why it was there.

A perfect example of fitting a dance, no matter what type of dance it was into a "theme" is from the American Dancing with the Stars. Professional dancer Derick Hough and his partner Nicole Scherzinger were given a fifties tune to dance the Paso Doble to (see Link).

Archived