'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

Maybe the disco was there because they were dancing to a DISCO number and fitting in with the whole theme of the night....

The theme was Broadway, not Disco. (Craig was critical of Chelsee and Pasha's Cha Cha for being too Disco. If a Cha Cha Cha shouldn't be disco, I'd imagine a Tango should definately not be) ABBA music could also be classed as Disco, but that didn't mean Robbie and Ola should stop and do a bit of a disco dance to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

My post, as I said, is just my opinion. I can't force myself to like it (and I never specifically said I disliked the dance. I just didn't think it was as great as it was made out to be, and didn't like the Disco bit.) just because others think it was great.

The disco part was in there because it was disco number from the show "Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert" fitting in with the Broadway theme of the night.

^^ is that better for you? No one said that you had to like it or whatever, I was just trying to point out why it was there.

A perfect example of fitting a dance, no matter what type of dance it was into a "theme" is from the American Dancing with the Stars. Professional dance Derick Hough and his partner Nicole Scherzinger when they were given a fifties tune to dance the Paso Doble to (see Link).

Regardless as to whether is was from the show or not, I still think it looked out of place. It doesn't matter why, or how relevent it was, I personally didn't like it. It doesn't take away from the fact he's very talented and that the rest of the Tango was very good. I can't really think of any other way to describe it.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the disco was there because they were dancing to a DISCO number and fitting in with the whole theme of the night....

The theme was Broadway, not Disco. (Craig was critical of Chelsee and Pasha's Cha Cha for being too Disco. If a Cha Cha Cha shouldn't be disco, I'd imagine a Tango should definately not be) ABBA music could also be classed as Disco, but that didn't mean Robbie and Ola should stop and do a bit of a disco dance to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

My post, as I said, is just my opinion. I can't force myself to like it (and I never specifically said I disliked the dance. I just didn't think it was as great as it was made out to be, and didn't like the Disco bit.) just because others think it was great.

The disco part was in there because it was disco number from the show "Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert" fitting in with the Broadway theme of the night.

^^ is that better for you? No one said that you had to like it or whatever, I was just trying to point out why it was there.

A perfect example of fitting a dance, no matter what type of dance it was into a "theme" is from the American Dancing with the Stars. Professional dance Derick Hough and his partner Nicole Scherzinger when they were given a fifties tune to dance the Paso Doble to (see Link).

Regardless as to whether is was from the show or not, I still think it looked out of place. It doesn't matter why, or how relevent it was, I personally didn't like it. It doesn't take away from the fact he's very talented and that the rest of the Tango was very good. I can't really think of any other way to describe it.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

We're not agreeing or disagreeing. I was merely trying to explain why it was there, however you seem to want to make an argument about it.

I think its more Anton they are saving, not Nancy.

Yeah i would totally agree with that!

I really hope Anton gets a decent partner soon, I'd love him to win for once. That would shut Brendan up.

Aww i know, Anton never seems to have much luck when it comes to partners, he deserves a chance to shine :)

• 1 month later...

LMAO Lesley. It was good :)

Quite happy with the 3 finalists. I'd have preferred Holly over Jason myself, but I expected her to leave, so wasn't hugely surprised. With the 3 remaining, the final should at least have some high standard dancing. Hoping for a Harry/Chelsee final 2, but wont be hugely surprised if one of them finishes 3rd. I expect it'll be Chelsee too, since I think Harry's got this in the bag.

The semi-final was good.

Alex was definately the right person to go. Yes, she did improve more as the competition went on, but she was still a mile behind the others. She came across as very genuine and likable though, so it was sad to see her upset to leave. It wouldn't have felt right if she'd made the final over any of the others, really.

Holly was always going to be a definate for elimination, especially a double elimination. She obviously didn't have the support of the public. It was quite sad, since she really grew on me over the last few weeks. She did some brilliant dances throughout the competiton too. The goodbye speech was especially touching, since for a long time to start with, I didn't feel a huge connection between her and Artem, but her speech just proved they they did get on. Holly was probably one of the most laid-back, cool contestants the show has had, and I think it was one of those where you either got her or you didn't. It took me a while, but she won me over in the end. Unfortunately, I just don't think the voters took to her. Definately a shame, but not unexpected at all.

Jason and Kristina were good. His AT was stunning, though his facial expressions are still quite cringeworthy, but he's been like that since the beginning, so I guess we're just overlooking it now. But hey, it worked for Chris Hollins. His Samba reminded me of a Dad dancing. However, he is technically very good, and he will help keep the final balanced in terms of technicality, so I shalln't complain if it makes for good viewing.

Chelsee and Pasha were fabulous, though personally, I thought the scores should have been the other way around. I preferred her American Smooth to her Paso. At the very least, I thought her AS was undermarked by at least 1 point from Craig, though I suppose Alesha's 10 balanced it somewhat. Definately one of those dances I shall be rewatching many a time in the years to come.

Harry and Aliona were brilliant. His Charleston was a lot of fun, and suited him far more than I expected it too. His VW was AMAZING. It gave me goosebumps. How it didn't get a perfect score is beyond me. For me, it was easily the best of the whole night. :wub:

My winner for quite a few weeks now has been Chelsee. However, Harry has won me over more and more as time has gone. So I'll be more than happy to see either of them win. I've said all along I thought Harry has it in the bag, and I still believe that. I suspect the McFly fanbase alone is big enough to see him win, and he's no doubt won a lot of people over throughout the weeks, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them lift the glitterball.

Hopefully, it's going to be a very exciting final. The showdances particularly should be interesting. Hopefully, Aliona will choreograph something with a bit more dancing in it than the one she did with Matt last year. Otherwise, she could blow Harry's chances right there, and she's done so well with the chorepgraphy this year, otherwise. Difficult to know what to expect from the others, since we don't know what Kristina or Pasha are capable of choreographing for showdances.

Still can't believe we're at the end. Feels like it's only just started! :lol:

I can't believe its the end either! This has been my favourite series ever. Usually I don't watch the first few weeks cos its full of people I don't know dancing badly. But I've watched every episode this year, I've loved everyone. There has been no unexpected exits, everyone has left at the right time.

Its a shame Holly couldn't stay in and it could be 4 way final but that would be a bit much. I think Harry should win, he's grown on me. I thought he was terribly boring at first but he's quite funny and a really good all rounder. But Chelsee is acceptable too, although I think Pasha does more for her than Aliona does for Harry. Trouble is, when Chelsee is dancing all I can see is Pasha's bum :wub: He's my favourite new male dancer.

So I think it should be Harry, Chelsee, Jason in that order. But the show dances always through something unexpected up, don't they? I thought Rachel Stevens would win that year but Tom wotsisname stole the show at the last minute, didn't he?

By the way, is Holly pregnant? She was looking very busty and rubbing her tummy a lot, I wouldn't be surprised.

Archived