'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

I have to admit i wasn't jumping for joy this year when i saw the cast for this series but after seeing the opening show i think it might be a good one.

Not sure who i'll be supporting though but on 1st impressions i do like Jason & Kristina together. I was hoping that Holly would be paired with James, don't know why but i just thought they would be good together, but her and Artem might be ok together too.

Roll on the live shows :D:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping that Holly would be paired with James.

I was hoping for either Holly/James or Holly/Pasha. Whilst I'd love to see Artem win again, I fear that, if she is good, it's just going to be too similar to his partnering Kara last year. Plus, with Holly being the obvious young, sexy female like Kara was last year, there's going to be a lot of pressure on Artem to repeat that victory. I'm reserving judgement there because, where Kara looked reasonable pretty much from the word go last year, Holly looked a little reserved in the group dance. I hope I'm wrong, because they're a gorgeous pairing, and they could be amazing to watch. (I do hope they haven't been paired deliberately off the back of the huge focus Kara and Artem's personal relationship brought last series. It would be quite tacky if they tried to angle it as something it's not, especially when both are in relationships. I know I may be jumping the gun, but I wouldn't put it past the BBC.)

Alex and James could be good, if she can dance. Though, on first glance, Harry, Alex and Holly make quite a reasonable looking potential top 3, which is ironic, given they have the top 3 pros from last year. Again, I may be wrong, but it's a bit strange how they've been paired that way.

I'm really looking forward to Jason/Kristina and Robbie/Ola, for some reason. For popularity reasons alone (and, lets be honest, often celebs are kept in for that!), I can see both couples staying at least a good few weeks, so it will be interesting to watch them develop along the way.

Lulu and Brendan could be fireworks. What was with her reaction? I've heard many people say she's quite a diva (I've heard worse too), so it will be interesting to see how Brendan handles her. I feel sorry for him though since, if indeed Lulu is diva-ish, I don't think it'll wash with the GBP, and it could scupper their chances.

I'm not holding my breath for Chelsee/Pasha, to be honest. I know Waterloo Road is popular, but the majority of people I've spoken to have said "Chelsee who?'. Coupled with an unfamiliar pro, I wouldn't be surprised to see these two exit fairly early on, a la Tina and Jared last year.

It was hilarious when they were pairing Russell, Audley, Natalie and Flavia up though. :lol:. THAT wasn't obvious AT ALL. LOL.

By the way, Catherine, I still <3 the James/Artem Rumba. Still quite possible my favourite ITT moment ever.

Only problem now is the awful 3 week wait. :( Hopefully the Strictly website will post plenty of rehearsal videos and the like to tide us over until it starts. So excited already!

Ok so i may have been a bit hasty in what i said before, on seeing them together, i think Jason and Kristina do make a great couple :)

Was loving Jason's moves on the dance floor tonight :wub: he looks like he's working hard

......ahh takes me back to me young adolescent days :P

If this was on FB I'd be hitting the like button :lol:

The first live shows are fast appraoching and we can now reveal to all you Strictly fans the line up for each night.

On Friday 30th September the couples performing for the first time on live television will be:

Alex

Anita

Audley

Dan

Lulu

Robbie

Russell

Then on Saturday 1st October the couples performing for the first time together will be:

Chelsee

Edwina

Harry

Holly

Jason

Nancy

Rory

Please note the running order has yet to be confirmed. The celebrities have been listed above in alphabetical order.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously how amazing was Jason Donovan last night? Seriously OMG I thought my heart was gonna burst for him, so proud! 

Couldn't agree with this comment more :wub:

I was going on about Strictly for weeks (I don't watch it obsessively but the line up is immense this year) and yet, it came on yesterday and I forgot all about it (completely missed Friday's one as well and then had to watch it online) until literally, quarter to seven, I saw someone's facebook status and turned on the tv. So I was pleased they had put Jason last because I thought I had missed him! But thankfully, no.

Jason was SO good. He's been training SO hard as well (all the other pros andcelebs had been saying how he never stopped in rehearsals) and I was thrilled it paid off for him. It seemed like he'd trained so much, he knew exactly what he was doing with the routine so he just enjoyed it. I know there was a certain other contestant that ribbed him for how hard he trained, but Jason came out on top there. Kristina looked thrilled as well. FINALLY, she has a partner that could potentially take her far. YEY! Nice to see Joe cheering them on as well.

Holly, Harry, Anita and Rory all did well too. (If you could ignore the fact Rory was sticking his bottom out. It was very distracting. LOL.) Holly did well considering A) She was first out B) She wasn't even supposed to be dancing on Saturday night and C) She probably felt immense pressure, dancing with the reigning champion Pro. I was pleased to see she COULD move her hips, since I recall her looking a little stiff in the group dance on the Launch Show. Anita and Rory were quite graceful, and Harry did really, really well. Huge kudos to Aliona for toning the choreography down a notch. Not a single prop in sight. Lets hope that continues!

Nancy suffered from (to quote Len) "too much faffing about". I think Anton has let the comedy of Ann get to him. It took about 40 seconds for Nancy to move from the couch, then the feather boa got caught, so that stalled them. Why they bothered with that is beyond me. Anton, having been there since series 1, should know by now that excess (and usually unneccesary) props that could potentially stall the dance at all are huge no-nos. Feather Boa's must surely top that list? After that, he spent the rest of the dance dragging Nancy around. Not good at all. I was kinda sad for her too. For some reason, I just like Nancy Dell'Olio. LOL.

Edwina and Lulu were awful, and it just makes me sad for Brendan and Vincent. Both are seriously overdue a decent, popular celebrity. I know it's not about the pros, but there such a huge part of it, and I know there's a lot of people that have certain pros they want to see win more than celebs.

Chelsee wasn't too bad. I think she showed a little potential (and certainly more than Nancy, Edwina or Lulu). She looked a little skippy in parts, but it wasn't awful. She looked SO nervous too. I do like the partnership though. I'm not sure how far I can see them getting though, unless she imrpoves hugely. Unfamiliar celeb + new Pro could potentially put them in huge danger.

Russell and Flavia were hilarious, and I think they'll very much be the comedy act this year, so I can see them being there a while. Still wish Flavia had a decent celeb though.

Audley had a lot of work to do, but I can see him improving, at least in the ballroom. He's such a huge guy that I think his Latin could be awful. Obviously not his fault though. It'll be interesting to see how Natalie handles this too. She's had two naturally good celebrities in the only two series she's been there, and has made it to the final stages both times, so I think Audley could really push her. Natalie's a great choreographer and I think he could improve, as I say, at least in the Balllroom.

Robbie, Dan and Alex were all quite forgettable, which I'm not sure will do them huge favours if the leaderboard stays somewhat the same after next week, because they're all really in the "danger zone". I suspect Robbie at least will get the votes to keep him in. He didn't exactly do much dancing though. It was mainly Ola dancing around him, which is either very silly choreography, or very clever choreography. LOL.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I like that we have celebrities that show huge potential, yet none of them are perfect just yet. I really think we're in for an exciting series. I'll be even happier tomorrow when ITT is back. Though I'm going to miss Claudia hugely, but hopefully, Zoe will be good too! :D

Archived