'Strictly Come Dancing'

Guest ~Zoe~

That was such a cheesy introduction :lol: It was nice to see Len though, and I loved the little snippet of info on him getting the judges role after a recommendation from Erin <3

Line up is pretty much everybody we expected already, but it's still nice to have confirmation. Can't say I have a favourite to support yet, since I've never been fans of any of them in particular, so I may just see how they go.

SO excited now though. Even more than I was. <3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celebritys/Pro Pairings Spoilers

Brendan and Lulu. (Literally have just wanted to die..)

Vincent and Edwina

Anton and Nancy

Artem and Holly (Hmm..)

Robin and Anita

Pasha and Chelsea

James and Alex

Ola and Robbie

Natalie and Audley

Flavia and Russell

Erin and Rory

Aliona and Harry

Kristina and Jason

Katya and Dan

Whilst these are unconfirmed till Saturday they are probarbly accurate as they have been confirmed by number of people on the Digital Spy forum who were at last night's recording of the lauch show!

I'm happy with who Dan has got :D

My take on the pairings:

I predicted Jason/Kristina and Russell/Flavia. Jason/Kristina could be a good pairing. I can see them getting on well, and I think they'd work nicely. It's a shame Flavia has been given an older contestant that probably wont win (a contreversial call, but I just can't see it.). She's been a huge part of the show since she joined, yet she hasn't had a decent shot at winning since series 5 (She and Jimi left before they should have done last year.) I can't see Russell as a winner, to be honest, even with the unpredictable voting. That brings me onto Vincent....

I kind of figured he wouldn't be given a potential contender. As somebody else suggested elsewhere, it almost feels like the BBC are deliberatly (sp?) shafting the familiar pros in favour of the newbies for if and when the others get fed up. Vincent and Flavia have gained huge success of the back of Midnight Tango, and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't around to compete in Strictly much longer. It's sad, because they're both fabulous pros, great choreographers and lovely teachers, and they'd be a loss. With their celebs this year, I can't see either of them winning.

Brendan and Lulu are SO random. If they had to pair Vincent with an older celeb, surely Lulu would have worked better? And Edwina with Brendan. It's all very random. I was really hoping Brendan would be given a contender this year, but I can't see it now, sadly.

Anton and Nancy. My first thought: These two could do a DYNAMITE Tango. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion.

Holly and Artem. WTF is that all about? Likewise Harry and Aliona. Lets be honest, from the initial line-up, the two celebs to jump out as contenders are Holly and Harry. So, WHY have the reigning Champion and runner-up pros been given two more potential finalists? I know it's about the celebs not the pros, but it just seems unfair, when there are others pros that have yet to win, or even make a final. I expected Harry to be paired with Ola, because of the success of CIN, and, failing that, I hoped he'd have been paired with Flavia. It just feels as though there's a bit of favouritism going on, and the nostalgic in me, that's been watching this since Series 1, feels a bit for the pros that have yet to have a real shot.

However, I do like the idea of Alex and James though. I'm not her biggest fan, and she comes across as a bit dull on The One Show (actually, The One Show is dull!), so it will be interesting to see if she can win us over, a la Kara, or end up being another Rachel Stevens, ie: young and pretty, and beautiful at Ballroom, but a bit bland for Latin.

Robin and Anita could be good. I don't know much about her (I never watched EE, least of all back then), but Robin did so well with Patsy last year. She wasn't the best, and had very little confidence in herself, but he was great through it, so I think any female celeb would have been lucky to have him.)

Pasha and Chelsee I have no opinion of. I don't watch WL, so had never heard of her before this, and I hadn't heard of Pasha until he replaced Jared either, so I'll just wait and see there.

Ola and Robbie could be good. I like Robbie Savage, though I did/do worry he's a bit tall for her??? It'll be interesting to see that. Surely nothing can be worse for Ola than Paul was last year?!

I fear for Erin being paired with Rory. I'm having visions of him getting a bit boring with his impressions. Also, I fear he may not take it seriously enough for Erin. She isn't named Miss Whiplash for nothing, after all. If he doesn't put everything into it because he's messing around, she wont be happy. She seems to really want to win as well, but I can't see this being her year, either.

Natalie and Audley was expected, since he's so tall! I kind of hope he's a bit of a duffer, to be honest. I like Natalie (unlike so many others), but she's been very lucky in the two series she's been there, with Scott and Ricky. They've both been naturally talented. I kind of want her to have somebody that's not so naturally good, just to give her a challenge.

Have I covered everybody?

So yes, I'm a bit surprised. I predicted these pairings:

Harry & Ola (I thought, after the success of CIN, they'd stick with that road, especially after the ride poor Ola had last year).

Robbie & Erin (Erin generally does well with the sportsman. Robbie's a bit lippy and Erin's Miss Whiplash. they'd have been a match made in heaven, or hell, dependingon which way you look at it :P)

Audley & Katya (it was my second choice, after I crossed out Natalie's name, so I was on the right track to begin with)

Dan & Natalie (As above. Again, I can't help but think this would have worked better)

Rory & Aliona (After her success last year, I fully expected her to be given an older celeb.)

Holly & Pasha (Holly's quite a big name for the line up. I thought, with Pasha being the new pro, they'd want to try and get some focus on him. Plus, he and Holly would have made a gorgeous pairing. :P)

Edwina & James (Again, he was very successful last year. I thought the BBC would want to try and create that success again with another older contestant. Plus, I think there could have been a few fireworks there.)

Alex and Robin (I think they could have been adorable.)

Anita & Anton (Because I think that could have produced some gorgeous ballroom.)

Lulu & Vincent (Height wise, this could have worked better, since I think Lulu may be too small for Brendan.)

Nancy & Artem (The BBC footage of rehearsals showed them together, and they looked great together! Plus, it fitted in with the tradition of the winning pro being given an older celeb the next year)

Chelsee & Brendan (because Brendan deserves a decent celeb!!!! I know he's won, but it was SOOOO long ago!).

Personally, I like my list more than the official one :P. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not hugely excited by the confirmed pairings. My initial thought when the line up was announced was that Harry stood the best chance at winning. Now I'm not so sure. Aliona's choreography is a bit...... wacky, and I think it played some part in Matt not winning last year. If Harry's good, and his chances are lost again because choreography lets him down, it's going to be awful.

So yes, not hugely excited about the pairings,

but VERY EXCITED about the show. Oh Strictly, I've missed you <3.

Archived