Who do you think were/are the worst actors?

Guest matty

I actually think David Jone Roberts (Xavier) is pretty bad. The guy that played Henry Hunter wasn't all that good either. The guy that played Josh West wasn't great either. The boy that played Rory was annoying. Charlotte Best wasn't all that great. And the girl thats playing Kelly right now is terrible.... her sister (tegan) is so much better. The lady that played Grace and the kid Thabou were pretty bad. Melody annoyed me until the end when I started liking her. I think there hasn't really been to many bad ones.

I don't mind Samara & Luke to be honest, but I don't like there characters much anymore...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the way that Samara says her sentences is more of a character trait for Indi, and actually makes her quite a good actor imo. I like that her and also Steve Peacocke who plays Brax have given their characters their own way of speaking...sounds less like they're reading from a script. I think Esther is actually quite a good actor, but I think Rebecca Breeds is flawless, so next to her, her acting doesn't look the best! Also don't think Holly Brisley was totally awful, not the greatest of actors, but not unbearable or cringeworthy.

I think Jai, Henry Hunter, Grace and Tabou are the ones that stick out in my mind as the worst. Come to think of it, there were probably more back in the day, but I was too young to realise how bad they were!

In HAA history? I mean every single actor on there, regardless of time and duration. I think that Indi and Romeo are pretty bad.

I agree with you in regards to Indi. She is very pretty, but her acting is not really good. Sometimes it is so not natural :( In my opinion Romeo's acting is ok

• 6 months later...

Most of the olders actors are the best because they are the ones who have had the experience.

Even some actors that have turned out to be fantastic had ropey beginnings. Have you seen Melissa George of Kimberly Coopers first scenes?

Surely the best actors in the current show are Emily Symons, Georgie Parker, Robert Mammone, Lynne McGranger, Lynn Collingwood and Ada.

Gina and Palmer are prob good too but not been given much to work with.

Ray Meagher is fab but pretty much plays himself nowadays.

Norman Coburn is one of my all time favourite actors in the show. Thought Debra Lawrance and Kate Ritchie and Kristy Wright could do the most amazing crying scenes. And Ryan Kwanten was a complete natural from day one.

Judy Nunn, Fiona Spence, Corny, Anna Hruby, Laurie Foell, Kerry McGuire all fab obviously.

One of the worst I my own personal opinion was Graeme Squires who played Tom Nash. Along with the girl who played Lynn and the guy who played Liam Tanner.

Out of the younger mob, I think Bree Desborough, Alex O Han, Sharni Vinsen were impressive. Joey's mental health issues were acted very well, as was Cassie's HIV.

The Guy who played Saul was great.

But all in all Norman is my favourite. As I viewer I believed everything he felt.

I'm confused, are we talking about worst actors or characters we disliked the most?

Anyway, I'll interpret it the way I thought the thread was intended. Even though I liked his character, I thought Zac Drayson who played Will was one of the weaker actors I've noticed. Especially when compared to his girlfriends who were played by fantastic actresses in my opinion.

Chris Hemsworth definitely improved, but started out a mediocre actor. Holly Brisley wasn't terrible, but out of all the adult characters, she was definitely one of the weaker ones that came to my mind.

Even though I love Hayley, I have to admit Rebecca Cartwright wasn't spectacular during emotional scenes.

Archived