Secrets Every Family Has Them!

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the next chapter guys, hope you enjoy!

~**~

Charlie:

I couldn’t begin to imagine how long I have waited for that particular word to leave Ruby’s mouth and now that it has I am not sure what to say. Ruby has never expressed an interest in calling me mum, what changed? What made my daughter do that? Was it a slip up?

I didn’t realise I was staring, I didn’t even think about how Ruby would be feeling, I was too caught up and I am thankful that she spoke first.

“Charlie is it okay if I call you that? I didn’t mean to upset you, I thought you would like it…it’s okay if you don’t, I don’t have to call you mum” I smiled and Ruby stopped rambling.

“Ruby you know I would love that I am just shocked sweetie, you have never spoken to me about calling me mum, you made it very clear you didn’t want to ever call me that. Come in and sit down I think we should talk about this” I smiled at Ruby and took her hand pulling her over to the bed to sit.

“Charlie, I don’t want you to be mad at me, I know this is a shock” I looked down at my lap and sighed.

“Rubes I’m not mad, okay don’t think that I am just in shock. What made you change your mind? Why do you want to call me mum?” I looked my daughter in the eyes, asking her these questions was hard, what if she realised she didn’t want to call me mum? It would break my heart if she did start calling me mum and then changed her mind.

“Charlie are you listening to me?” I shook my head and smiled a little.

“Sorry sweetie, I was just thinking. Why don’t you tell me why you want to call me mum?” She nodded her head and looked down.

“Well it kind of came up when we found out about Olivia. I realised she doesn’t have a mother but it’s not a choice it’s a decision made for her, I have a choice and I chose wrong. I realise now that you have always been there for me Charlie, you gave me up to Grandma and Grandpa so I could have a better life, you knew you couldn’t raise me and as much as it hurt you, you knew you had to do what was right. I admire you so much for that, and I now realise how much you looked after me when we were young, and how much you loved me. Charlie you never loved me like a sister, you always loved me like a mother should love their daughter. I am going to be so proud to call you mum if you will let me? I love you Charlz and I want us to be mother and daughter” Ruby stopped talking and looked at me, I didn’t know what to say I was so happy that my daughter finally was accepting the idea.

“Wow, you really have speech there missy. Rubes I would love for you to call me mum, but this is a decision you can’t take lightly if you chose to call me mum, you can’t change your mind okay?” Ruby grinned and nodded.

“I knew you were going to say that and I will not change my mind. I love you mum” I leaned over and kissed my daughters forehead before hugging her.

“I love you too Ruby”

~**~

24 hours later…

Olivia:

I couldn’t believe I was actually going to start school at Summerbay High. It’s stupid really I don’t understand why my dad is sending me here I would have been much happier at Mangrove River.

But even when I began to argue with my dad Uncle Heath put his foot down, and nobody messes with Uncle Heath what he says go, well Casey only sometimes listens to him and my dad never does, Uncle Heath listens to my dad instead. So really only I listen to Uncle Heath.

Walking into school was horrible everyone was turning to stare, whispering all sorts of things…many of them not convinced I was Casey’s niece. Well they will soon find out when I call him Uncle Casey, which I don’t think is fair but Heath said I have to call him Uncle whether I like it or not.

I walked around the corner and into the view of my Uncle and his girlfriend.

“There you are Liv, you still have to see the principle and class is starting really soon” I sighed and shrugged.

“You didn’t really expect me to be here on time right?” I asked looking innocent.

“Well yeah being your first day and all” Casey said with a little hint of anger in his voice. “Rubes would you mind taking her to the office I have to speak with Miles” I looked towards Ruby, ‘Great I didn’t want to be suck with that brat’

“Sure thing Case, I will head up with her now” My Uncle looked over at me.

“Play nice and make sure you behave” I nodded sweetly.

“Sure thing Uncle Casey” The people around us gasped and I smiled before following Ruby.

~**~

We walked in awkward silence, I knew she didn’t like me and I wasn’t about to make an effort to get to know her. She would disappear soon enough and I could just forget about her, and her existence.

“We are nearly there; you can take a seat I will let Miss Palmer know you’re here. You should pull down your dress though Olivia, we have a dress code here” I smirked at Ruby and flung myself in a chair.

“Well I’m not a girl who abides by rules, they are there to break and that’s what I do” I said smirking, before reaching to open my bag. I waited until Ruby had finally left the room before I pulled out a smoke and lit it up.

Why didn’t I have one of these before I came into school, this was just one of the many habit I took up at boarding school. Really you would think those places would be strict…but they couldn’t contain me, not that much can.

I was just about to put my smoke out when Miss Palmer and Ruby walked out of the office, by the look on the principles face, smoking was against the rules.

Great trouble on my first day!

~**~

I want to thank you all for your comments, and I am sorry this chapter is so short.

I will try and update this story later today or tomorrow, morning!

Great update.

Loved Ruby and Charlie discussing the 'mum' situation. Very nice.

Man, I'm hating Olivia. But I'll admit that I'm looking forward to seeing what trouble she gets up to! :)

I really like this fic.

Please update soon. :)

Hey guys! Here is another chapter hope you enjoy :)

I have also posted another chapter for my other story, Trouble In Paradise!

Thank-you for all the comments :)

~**~

Heath:

Of course only Olivia would get into trouble on her first day of school, ever since she has come back from boarding school all she has been doing is getting into trouble and since I am the only person she will listen to its my job to reign her in.

I don’t even know where the office is in this building why did Olivia have to be so stupid.

I stormed into the office to see her sitting in a chair listening to her iPod like nothing was freaking wrong, this girl needs an attitude adjustment. I walked over and stood in front of her, only to have her looked up at me shocked.

“What are you doing here Uncle Heath? I had them call dad!” I sighed and looked at my niece with a stern expression.

“Yeah well your dads at work and he doesn’t have time to deal with your bull****” I stopped talking when Gina Palmer came over to us.

“Heath I thought Brax would be coming” I gave a smile.

“Brax is working so he sent me, what kind of punishment does she get for this?” I asked looking down at Olivia who was again listening to her iPod.

“She is getting a warning this time, but next time we can’t be so lenient and she will be suspended from school” I nodded.

“No need to worry there won’t be a next time” She smiled kindly and looked toward Olivia who didn’t even acknowledge her presents. “Olivia” I growled at her, ripping the iPod out of her hands.

“Your principle would like a word with you”

“Yeah” ‘Smartass’ I thought.

“Olivia this behaviour is not acceptable at school, this time you will get a warning and I don’t expect there to be a next time, I suppose your Uncle will want a few words with you and then you are to head to class enjoy the rest of your day” Gina smiled to me and walked off.

“Few words Uncle Heath” I looked at her and held my hand out. “What?” She asked looking at me.

“Phone, I already have your iPod and there will be no surfing for the next week. You will not be leaving the house as well, what you did today was stupid pull anymore stunts like this and you will be one very sorry young lady” She sighed heavily and handed me her phone.

“Uncle Heath this is so unfair” I just looked towards the door.

“Move it, you better behave for the rest of day” She nodded slowly and leaned up to kiss me on the cheek.

“Yes sir” She mumbled walking away.

At least the cocky attitude is gone, hopefully she can behave. Now what was I doing again oh right going for a surf.

~**~

Brax:

Olivia has never been a really bad kid what is making her act this way now? Already on her first day at a new school she has been caught smoking. I thought I raised a smarter kid, then again I haven’t been the one punishing her lately, I can’t find the heart to do it she is my baby girl. But she is getting out of control, I don’t get how I can have Casey and Heath respect and obey me but when it comes to my own daughter I have no control at all. I think I need to start stepping up, I need to make her realise she isn’t going to get away with everything; she needs to be taken down a notch and put back into the place of being a child.

~**~

Ruby:

Ha, of course Olivia would get into trouble on her first day. I knew she was a brat and I have only known her for a day. I looked over and saw Casey leaning against his locker texting; I wonder what he thinks of his nieces latest prank.

I started walking over to him he smiled and quickly pulled me into a hug kissing my head.

“Hey baby, how was your morning?” I looked at Casey.

“Seriously? I took your niece to the office as a favour to you and she gets caught smoking! But get this before that she tells me she is one for breaking rules not obeying them and doesn’t care that we have a dress code. Seriously Casey my morning was not good when I have to introduce your niece to the principle!” Casey looked at me as I ranted on about Olivia.

“Look Rubes, Olivia has been punished what’s done is done now. She probably didn’t know there was a smoking ban on the school” I sighed.

“Casey she is 16 if she didn’t know what smoking was banned in the school she is dumb, don’t defend her what she did was wrong and stupid” I said getting a little worked up, how could he defend her? I even talked to Miss Palmer before I let her meet Olivia saying she was a nice kid and then she blew it up in my face.

“Ruby don’t call Olivia dumb” I sent a smirk Casey’s way.

“Well I’m sorry Case, but it was utterly stupid and dumb of her. I am going to lunch are you coming?” I asked looking at him.

“Sure let me get Liv and we will go” I laughed sarcastically.

“What Casey? Are you kidding? She isn’t coming, just it’s just me and you” Casey sighed and rubbed his head while looking at me.

“Then you go by yourself, I can’t leave her on her first day” With those words he walked away, did he just chose her over me.

~**~

I walked into Angelo’s and took a seat, lunch by myself just great! I was on the verge of tears, how could Casey chose her over me? I’m his girlfriend and I am meant to be more important. I opened the menu, but suddenly didn’t feel very hungry I wasn’t the only one that thought it was stupid that she decided smoke! I was angry now very angry!

“Hey Rubes, you with me? Earth to Ruby!” I looked up and glared a Brax, before realising who it was and smiling softly.

“Sorry Brax, I am not really hungry so don’t worry about it” He looked at me concerned and sat down.

“Is something wrong Ruby?” I nodded slowly.

“Yeah, I had a fight with Casey” He nodded slowly and patted my hand.

“I’m sure you guys will work it out, what was it over?” I gave a little laugh.

“Your daughter” I stated and he nodded.

“Of course it was, don’t worry about it okay? Casey and Olivia they grew up together, they care for each other. Case loves you, but he does love Olivia to. Your guys just need to find a way to make it all work” I sighed and nodded slowly.

“I just hate that he chose to hang with her instead of me” He nodded.

“I know, but it’s her first day. Now if your not going to eat then go sort things out with Casey okay?” I nodded slowly and lent over and hugged Brax.

“Thank-you” He nodded and waved me off.

~**~

Next Chapter:

* Will Casey and Ruby make up?

* Which of the Buckton’s does Olivia hang out with?

* Is Olivia getting sick of them always being around?

Archived