Secrets Every Family Has Them!

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you switch between characters to get everyone's point of view.

I'm very interested in finding out who Olivia is - sister? cousin? daughter?

I'm glad that everyone seems to be getting along at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Update soon please :)

Alright guys here is the third chapter:) Hope you enjoy.

Thank-you guys for all the comments as well they make my day :)

~**~

Charlie:

I noticed how Olivia was shaking her head at Brax tears were welding up and I could see she was about to cry, but I wanted to know I had to know so I looked Brax deep in the eyes encouraging him to continue, I watched him chest move as he took a deep breath.

"Olivia is my daughter" Wait say what? Daughter? All those conversations about Ruby and Casey…the advice he gave me! The help I received from him…he had a daughter all along.

"What?" I asked looking over at Ruby who was staring at the Olivia; I noticed how Olivia was trying to remove her arm from Heath's grasp.

"She is my daughter Charlie, I am so sorry for not telling you" I blinked twice and then looked, yes Olivia was definitely real and now that I looked at her properly she had the same hair colour and eye colour as Brax.

"Um why didn't you tell me?" I asked shocked, how could my own boyfriend not even trust me enough to tell me he as a daughter…even after I told him about Ruby. Before Brax even had a chance to answer my question he was interrupted by Olivia.

"Uncle Heath let me go! I don't want to be here" She stamped her foot and Heath let her arm go.

"Do act like a baby" He told her, before looking back at his phone.

"Olivia, this is Charlie your father's girlfriend and Ruby my girlfriend" I swear the young teenage girl before me rolled her eyes.

"I am not stupid Uncle Casey; they are all you two ever talk about! You know some of us don't want to hear about it" I saw Ruby wince at the 'Uncle Casey' remark; yes this was going to take a while to get used to.

"Well why don't you say hello then instead of being rude" Instead of saying hello, she walked over and grabbed her jacket and a set of keys.

“I will not say hello” She said beginning to walk out.

"Don't even think about it, jacket and keys down…your bedrooms that way…as I assume you know" I looked over to Heath but he was looking at his phone…wow maybe Heath wasn't all party, maybe he was in a sense grounded as well.

"Thanks Heath" Again without looking up Heath nodded to Brax.

~**~

Ruby:

Everyone in the lounge room went silent after Olivia left, I for one was in shock. Brax had a daughter, Casey was an Uncle and the girl was plain rude. I wanted to ask so many questions but judging from the look on Casey's face this defiantly was not the time.

The one question I wanted to know the answer to was why Olivia called him Uncle, I mean they would have been basically brought up as brother and sister right?

I decided to ask at least one question…if I knew how old she was that would help me understand a little bit.

"So guys that was a bit of a surprise" Everyone looked at me…well except for Heath. No one really understands Heath they all think he is just some party boy from Mangrove River but I was determined to find out what sort of a guy hid behind the mask of a bad boy.

I felt Casey's arm pull me closer to him, I rested my head on his chest and turned to face Brax…I could tell he was stressed out…he was scared Charlie wouldn't understand, but she would more than he could ever know.

"Is there something you wanted to say Rubes?" I heard Casey ask softly as he pressed a kiss to my hair.

"Well I was just going to ask how old Olivia was, is she our age?" I felt Casey's warm breath on the top of my hair.

"Nah, Olivia is sixteen…so that makes her two years younger than us, well almost two years considering we aren't quiet 18" I nodded, that means Casey was almost 2 when she was born…and it makes Brax, oh I can't work it out I am getting to tired, maybe Charlie will find out sometime.

~**~

Charlie:

"So you have a daughter then" I said to Brax as he showed me and Ruby to the car.

"Yes, how about we have lunch tomorrow and you can ask me all the questions you want" I sighed but nodded, I wanted so many answers, I wanted them now.

"Alright fine, but you have to answer every single question" Brax grinned and kissed my forehead.

"Of course I will baby, now you should get Ruby home look at her" I looked over at my daughter leaning on the hood of the car, she was exhausted.

"Yeah she looks pretty tired; it's been a long day for all of us. Ruby sweetie hop in the car and we will get going" I watched as Brax walked over to my daughter and picked her up bridal style, he was fond of Ruby and I loved that he cared for her.

I jumped in the car and watched as Brax did up her seat belt.

"Night Brax, thank-you for having us" He looked down at Ruby and kissed her forehead.

"Night Rubes sleep well" I didn't hear my daughter respond so I think she was already asleep, he shut the door and came around to my side. "Lunch at 1, at Angelo's" I smiled.

"Sounds perfect, you can make me pizza" I said cheekily, we kissed and I started to pull away.

He had his reasons for keeping his daughter a secret and I couldn't blame him, after all Ruby had been my secret for years. I glanced back at the house and saw Olivia staring at me through a window it was going to be hard but she and I were going to have to get along.

~**~

Brax:

I walked inside and saw Casey grinning at me.

"Don't start" I warned, I really wasn't in the mood.

"Oh come on Brax…it was a good thing she found out, Olivia was getting sick of all the secrets and so was I" I looked at Casey and threw a cushion at him.

"Shut up, come on its getting late go to bed" Casey sighed and threw the cushion back before getting up.

"Yes sir" He saluted before walking off to bed.

I looked over at Heath he of course was still texting he was always on that phone.

"You think I did the right thing" He looked at me and nodded. "Come on Heath have an opinion" He glanced at me again.

"They needed to know about Olivia but you know questions will start to come about now" I nodded.

"I am having lunch with Charlie tomorrow, keep an eye on Liv for me" Heath nodded as he started to leave calling over his shoulder.

"Yeah she can come surfing with me, good luck with tomorrow Brax" I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

Well tomorrow is sure going to be eventful.

How was I going to explain all this to Charlie? She seems okay now but does she really forgive me for keeping a secret from her? Oh I love Charlie I hope she can forgive me.

And as for my daughter she really needs to learn some manners…I will have to get Heath onto that!

~**~

Third Person:

Brax sat in that chair all night, not moving but only thinking of what was to come…he didn’t sleep at all…instead spending all night thinking over the situation at hand.

~**~

Next chapter: What kind of things is Brax about to confess to Charlie?

How does Olivia feel about one of her Uncles and he father dating?

Wow great chapter. I wasn't actually expecting her to be Brax's daughter until I read some of the other comments on here. Glad that Charlie is giving him a chance to explain about it all though. I look forward to the next update :).

Can't wait to see how he explains that one! I'm glad that he's going to answer Charlie's questions. Well, I'm hoping he will anyway!

Very interesting update. I'm liking that Olivia listens to Heath and he looks after her.

Please update soon. Looking forward to seeing what happens next! :)

I'm so sorry. I managed to get through the first couple of chapters last night before I went to bed but didn't get a chance to comment.

& you update so fast! Not complaining though.

This is a fantastic story so far & I really look forward to the direction of it & see where you take it.

It is so well written.

Fantastic imagery & description & I love the dialogue too.

Just amazing.

I really look forward to more.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Here is another chapter guys, hope you enjoy it.

Thank-you for all the wonderful comments! :)

~**~

Charlie:

It was almost 1 when I strolled into Angelo's restaurant , I was exhausted Ruby might have been able to sleep last night but I couldn't I had so many questions, so much I wanted to ask Brax…so much I wanted to know.

In the back of my head I couldn't help but wonder about Olivia's mother, I might just be being jealous but I was worried…was I just a fling for him or was I the real deal? Did Brax love me or was he waiting for the mother of his child?

I looked around the crowded restaurant, ever since Angelo went into business with Brax the place has been booming, I couldn't find a seat anywhere so I finally settled on standing at the bar.

"Hey babe" I looked up to see Brax standing behind the bar; I could see in his deep blue eyes that he too hadn't slept a wink.

"Hi yourself" I said smiling slightly, I couldn't say that I wasn't a little angry at Brax he should have been honest with me from the start…but on the other hand what's done is done and I know now.

"I have already told Angelo I am leaving so I thought instead of sitting we could walk along the beach" I nodded my head slowly; it was a bit too crowded in here.

"Okay sounds good"

~**~

I didn't know what to say would he speak first, or did he want me to start the conversation?

"Charlie, how about we sit here?" I whipped around and saw Brax was standing about 10 feet behind me; oops I had been walking off without him.

"Yeah that sounds alright, um Brax I have a lot of questions but I don't really know where to start" He brought a hand up to my face and rubbed his thumb on my cheek affectionately.

"It's okay take your time baby, what do you want to know first?" I took his hand in mine and started drawing on his palm.

"What is Olivia like?" I said, I heard him breath out a big gust of air and I could tell he wasn't expecting that question.

"Like every other teenager really, she loves to surf and read books. She does get into a fair amount of trouble though. Olivia is really clever hard to believe but I actually brought up a smart kid" I looked up and there he was wearing the signature smirk, god he looked sexy! Wait why am I thinking that I need to be focusing.

"Where has she been all this time? How come I have never heard about her til now? " I asked, I was happy with my first answer. At least I know she is into books so we will have something in common.

"Well she was at boarding school, but about 2 weeks ago she got expelled. I don't really talk about Olivia much, she was born when I was young and I just don't talk about it. I know I should have told you Charlie but I wanted to make sure we could make it as a couple, I didn't want to tell her and then have us break up, she has been through a lot and I didn't want to hurt her" I nodded slowly.

"Still you could have told me Brax, I feel betrayed like you didn't trust me" He rubbed his hand against my cheek.

"That's not true, I trust you with my life Charlie. I just wasn't ready"

"Okay I understand. I can see you have some issues Brax, Heath is more a father figure to her" Brax smiled sadly at me.

"Olivia is my baby girl, and I want to be the best father I can be. But I raised Casey and Heath as well and some where I just stopped being strict with her and Heath took it up. Olivia has been through so much in her life alreay I just can't help but think if I be harsh with her will she hate me" I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"Brax your daughter could never hate you, look at Ruby and I" He nodded slowly. "And you should also know, while I think it was wrong that you didn't tell me, I understand" He again nodded slowly and kissed my head.

"It wasn't because I didn't want to, but Olivia has been through so much and I wasn't going to let her in on this if it wasn't going to last, but when I knew it was I was trying to find the right moment to tell you about her, but thank-you for understanding baby" I smiled and he smiled back.

"Hey it's alright, I probably would have done the same thing in your position…I was jut a little shocked at that you didn’t tell me" He nodded and kissed my forehead.

I was starting to wonder whether I should ask my final question, did I really want to know the answer? Was it really worth it if I was to get hurt? I wanted to know, but also I didn't…Okay here it goes I am going to ask him the question I have been dreading so much.

"Olivia's mum" I stated, Brax put an arm around my waist and pulled me onto his lap.

"Now I was wondering when this question would come up" I looked down. "Hey its okay I know you had to ask, Olivia mum is a woman named Tegan. We both come from rough backgrounds, we were young and thought we were in love and then we made a mistake we were only 13" I gasped and Brax looked up at me. 'He was only 13' "Charlie please let me finish" I nodded and he began to speak again. "When Tegan found out she was pregnant she wanted to get an abortion, I didn't want to kill our child so I asked her to keep it. After a lot of fighting and talking Tegan finally agreed that she would have Olivia if I agreed to be a single father. I didn't want to lose the child she was carrying so I had know choice but to agree and when I was 14 Olivia came into the world. Tegan left that same day, and only I have ever seen her again. Tegan is a pro surfer and we have had an on again of again relationship in the past, but still she didn't want to see Olivia, she does have pictures though. So I was raising this wonderful baby girl on my own and then when I turned 18 my mother left and I was alone raise Heath, Casey and Olivia. I don't know what she was thinking the day she left us but it was the hardest time of my life, Casey was 2 when dad left and he was still dealing with the seperation then, he was 6 when mum left and I really big mess, Olivia was 4 and she didn't really know my mother anyway and Heath was 16. I have had a tough life Charlie but I will never cheat on you, I haven't seen Tegan in 8 months Charlie your the one I want to be with now. Olivia, Ruby and yourself are the only three girls I will ever want in my life" With those words Brax finished talking and what I did next was an impluse, I kissed him with all the love and passion I had within me.

Brax was my hero, he looked after his family when know one else did, he had been though so much and I love him with all my heart.Whether he lied to me or not.

~**~

Brax:

I never expected it to go that well with Charlie…but it did and I was starting to realise that she understood more then I or anyone else gave her credit for.

Charlie understood because of Ruby…she understood why I had to keep Olivia a secret…

~**~

Olivia:

I was stuck here on the beach for the next however many hours watching my Uncle Heath surf…hello boring!

I know you think it is properly the best thing in the world to have the Riverboys as Uncles and the leader as a father, but trust me sometimes it not.

My dad is dating a cop, hopefully it doesn't last long! I mean nothing against Charlie but she isn't good for my father, he is not meant to have any other girl in his life bar me, I am his one and only, or that's how it used to be…now he has Charlie and that thing she calls a daughter what's her name again…that's right Ruby! Eww...

I can't believe my Uncle Casey is dating someone like her, my uncle and I grew up like brother and sister… we were best friends until she came along, now all he talks about is Ruby…so much for always being there for me!

I hope my father and Uncle come to their senses soon and dump those two girls, the Braxton's and the Buckton's can simply not mix…it is well impossible!

At least I still have one sane Uncle, who I can have fun with…and that is only mean when I am naughty! Haha I used the word naughty geez it makes me sound like a little kid.

I know that if the Braxton’s and the Buckton’s continue to mix I will have to do something about it!

~**~

Next Chapter:

* Things are about to get hot and heavy between Brax and Charlie…

* What does Charlie do when Ruby says something unexpected?

* Could this be the moment Charlie has been waiting for all her life?

Archived