H&A Summer Break 2011

Guest Zetti

Home and Away will take a five-week break on Channel 5 over the summer, it has been confirmed.

The soap goes on hiatus in the UK after the episode airing on Friday, July 29 and will return to screens on Monday, September 5.

Home and Away's summer breaks have now become a regular occurrence for British fans. The show has to be taken off air here every now and again as it's traditionally off screen for seven weeks in Australia each Christmas, which would mean us catching up if we didn't take breaks of our own.

Neighbours, meanwhile, will not be taking a break on Channel 5 and will run throughout the summer.

Credit to DigitalSpy

I can cope this time around especially since Neighbours is not going anywhere! :)

Will miss H&A but knew it was going to happen anyways! :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting a break but I wasn't expecting five weeks, that means we'll be seven weeks behind Australia when it comes back.Maybe it'll mean a shorter break at Christmas?

I think its gonna be 3 weeks at christmas but we always end up being 1 or 2 weeks behind them once Oz come back from their break so who knows. We still have a while to go though.

I can go away on holiday and not worry about missing any H&A.

haha! exactly :lol:

5 weeks?! is that longer than last year?

I think last year was 5 weeks but I barely remember, had a family wedding at the time so didnt have to miss H&A

Archived