A Little Less Conversation, A Little More Action (by Miranda) - comments

Red Ranger 1

Aw thanks you two :D Its hard not to cry myself, what a big girl's blouse I am (that phrase might need some explaining to the non British :lol:)

It was a flash of inspiration to bring Aden back, I nearly fell in love with him myself, as he's grown up now. :wub: I am so gutted that Nicole

is leaving HAA soon, I thought she at least deserved to go off with a handsome prince on a white horse rather than in a low key way

And I had to have Casey and Romeo walking off into the sunset, didn't I :wub:

Edited by Miranda

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, thank you so much for the dedication.

But mostly, on behalf of every reader who has viewed this ... even those who haven't commented, thank you for an amazing fic!

I have loved every chapter (& I'm sure everyone else has).

Yes! Aden came back :wub: I love him ... you know I do actually have the biggest crush on Todd Lasance? Seriously.

Amazing that he came back for Nicole! Did I really just say that? This is coming from an Adelle fan!

No, I think how you mentioned that he needed to get his head clear after Belle & everything worked really well.

I think the show should have focussed on Aden grieving for Belle first before putting him with Nicole.

Their relationship would have worked if things had gone more slowly.

But you seriously did that ending justice.

The fact that he came back for Nicole & the whole speech that he relaised what he had missed was lovely to read.

& Nicole having a bit of a go at him for not being there was so in character.

I think the ending with Casey & Romeo was just too sweet. The fact that they got thier happy ending was amazing.

It worked really well between them & they defiitely deserved that ending as well.

Their relationship was just beautiful to read.

Beautifully written & all in all, an amazing fic so seriously, well done.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Thank you Carina :D What a lovely long message. I hoped you'd like Aden coming back. I was originally going to have Alf coming back on his own and being shocked at the scene of the christening fight and Romeo/Casey but when I found out what I did about Nicole, I thought she deserved Aden. I also watched a few old episodes with Nic/Aden in yesterday when I was looking for Romeo/Xavier, but it was so lovely to see Nic with Aden again, they were a good pair. I also remembered that Aden more or less saved Romeo's life that time when he was drugged at Liam's party, so that is a double reason for Aden to be the hero returning.

I am just off out now, so I just thought I'd reply quickly to you. Thanks again, I think you deserve a medal for the amount of commenting you do :)

Aww thank you. Well you definitely deserved that comment for writing such an incredible fic.

& yes, Aden, the hero as always. He was the one who phoned the ambulance for Romeo :) Wow, I almost forgot about that episode.

I don't even know what number it is & where you can find it which is a shame because now I fancy watching that one :lol:

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Well 4990 (the one I was looking for) is the one where Romeo pretends to be Xavier's girlfriend so he can practise splitting up with her, they end up having a 'lover's tiff' and John Palmer walks in and thinks its for real :lol: I think it is only a few before that where Aden rushes over to Liam's to save Romeo.

Oh man.My hopes for an Aden/Nicole reunion came true!Loved that.Surprised there wasn't anything about Mink, she seemed to come back and then not really do anything except wander around a bit and get into a fight, but I guess it's appropriate the focus was on Romeo and Casey because the story was about them.Nice story, thanks for sharing!

I think Romeo having the overdose and Aden suddenly knowing him despite never having spoken to him before and getting him to the hospital is round about the 4970s.Not entirely sure, I'd have to look it up.

You see, Red, you do influence me :wink: I'm really glad you enjoyed it, I hoped you and others would. Nicole deserves a happy ending anyway.

Yes, sorry about Mink. I just used her cruelly as a device to get Romeo into the cupboard cos he didn't want to see her just at that moment- well, you wouldn't want to see your annoying sister in that situation, would you? :lol: I thought about adding a bit about her but as you say I wanted to focus on Nicole/Aden :wub: and of course Casey/Romeo :wub: I am a temperamental artiste, dahling, I do what I want!

Okay, here we go.

Jen, I'd love to know who you think is returning, you've intrigued me with your 'potential ex boyfriend' but I suppose you'll tell me afterwards.

I kind of meant ‘potential ex-boyfriend’ of Casey. Like, maybe he fell hard and fast for someone else (I hadn’t decided whether that was someone originally from Summer Bay or not). But it was a pleasant surprise to see that one of the returnees was Aden. I almost thought it was going to be some major twist in which Aden and Casey would have some weird interaction and then run off together ... but I guess that’s a bit farfetched.

But the way in which you did the big reveal was great. Letting the reader know who each of the people were, one at a time. The Aden/Nicole scene was beautiful. I would really like to think that if Aden knew that Nicole was pregnant (as is in the current canon of the show) that he would want to come back and help. He is loyal, if nothing else. I adore that Nicole wasn’t ready to forgive him easily -- like she could just flick a switch and forget that he totally up and left without any sort of warning or goodbye. But, there is something undeniable between them, that ultimately brought him back, and will *hopefully* keep them together now. The little bit of joking around between the bits of serious conversation was so well written. I almost wish we could see a whole story around them, and getting their lives sorted out, and fitting back in around each other.

And I don’t know whether it was intentional or not -- I hope it was -- but the contrast with Aden/Nicole being so certain about their feelings and their future, compared with that of Casey and Romeo. I think I’ve said this to you before, that I get the impression that Casey falls hard and fast, and in the past, has probably been burned as a result of this. While I am totally for Casey/Romeo, I don’t know if it’ll last. And that is what is so great about how you’ve written this last part. Like, I’m totally rooting for them to stay together and be awesome boyfriends forever, but they are young and kind of impulsive, so they have no idea what is coming in the future. They are deciding to take it one step at a time, and just enjoy it, as opposed to going into it head first and maybe hurting each other later on, if/when it doesn’t work out.

There was no big declaration of, “We will be together forever. I love you.” It was just two teenage boys with their whole lives ahead of them. I adored the ambiguous ending so much.

It’s so interesting that you mention that some of your favourite parts were the Romeo/Nicole scenes, because they were some of my favourite scenes to read. Their relationship was really real and beautifully written.

It’s also interesting how you introduced Mink, as sort of a red herring, and that she really didn’t have much of a purpose, except maybe to put a bit of pressure on Romeo -- deciding whether to come out with everything, or just hide. I have a tendency to overanalyse my plots and characters, and tying up all the loose ends, but what I really like about this story is that you don’t need to do that, in order for the story to feel complete.

Miranda, you know I adore your writing, and I feel like I use that word too often, but it’s the truth. I can’t wait to see what your next story idea is, and you have certainly inspired me.