Worst (and best?) fashion in Early Years

Guest beau_t

I think I posted this elsewhere but Celia still has her "old look" in the new opening credits, even though they appeared after she changed her appearance.

Roo's outfits are hilariously 80s. Little tight tops and HUGE brightly coloured baggy trousers lol.

Ailsa's coloured-shapes jumper reminds me of the opening credits!

• 2 weeks later...

Roo's high-necked black and white striped shirt and dungarees combo when she visited Frank in hospital after the car crash... and this was supposed to be after Morag had taken her for a new (and expensive, I'd auume) wardrobe. No wonder Frank told her they couldn't be together (well, you know, the paternity lies aside...)

• 10 months later...

Tom - the hotpants- ones that Michael also seemed to where

Pippa- salior, the red dress, the green alternative dress, nd the yellow dungeries

Ailsa- wahe plane jumper dress, (ailsa hadnt quite got to her iconic pearl earing, pastal blouse and penil skirt yet

Carly- just always looks a mess

Bobby- why arwe the shirts up to her neck, love her zip top, the diner t-shirt that is 10 times too big for her

Morag. THE VOGUE SHIRT

Celia- Edwardian costumes from another show in the next studios,

Matt and Adam - not much cloths anyway,

Lance- the liquid t-shirt

Lance and Martin- love those 80s shorts

Sally- that all in one edwardian swim suit. same place as ceils

Marilyn - all so cool.

Some times I think the wardrobe assistant were just having a laugh. And dont get me started on Carly and Bobbys hair and time. Did the have a stylist.

Then again. now the characters are to groomed.

I agree that these days the characters look to 'groomed'. I think this started around the same time everything else changed in 2005. Before then we had some of the female characters that wore pretty plain clothes for the everyday stuff, rather than looking like they are about to go to a party all the time.

Bobby's shirts are quite funny sometimes, they are all so huge but tucked in to the ribs!

Archived